Broken

Lost

As we arrived at the school I was the first to stand and get in the aisle I had to get off this bus and away from this matt boy I could see him trying to hold back a smile I turned my head and started walking, but when I got to the last step I slipped and fell off instead everyone that was behind me continued getting off but looked down at me and laughed as they walked around me.

Then I saw matt he got off next he stopped in front of me and put his hand out, “Are you ok? Here ill help you up.”

I snapped at him, “I don’t need your help so get away from me. Why don’t you just laugh at me walk on and go like everyone else?"

He looked up over at the parking lot at all the kids arriving at school then back down at me he took his hand back from me, "Because I’m not going to laugh at someone who falls and needs help my mother raised me better than that and these kids don’t know anything I’m sorry I tried to help you up have a good day." He smiled and nodded his head to me and walked around me. I was a little angry. How could he just smile and nod and act like nothing had happened? Why didn’t he fight me back? Snap? I sat there a minute then I heard the first bell so I got up and wiped my pants off with my hands and started walking into the school building. As I walked through the school doors I could feel the heat hit my face I had no clue I was that numb from the fall cold air my fingers felt like ice cubes now that I noticed. I put my hand down into my black bag and pulled my schedule out to see where my locker was it said Locker: 372 combination: 32, 7, 14 this was just perfect my locker was going to be on the 3rd floor again. I looked up from my schedule to notice that Matt was looking at me from the stairway he smiled at me like he knew me then turned around going up them talking to some hyper boy with blonde shaggy hair and blue eyes.

“Hey!” I heard my best friend Shelly yell right behind me I jumped and turned around she crashed right into me like stone holding me really tight Shelly always gave me a big hug when she missed me this much she and I were the only friends to each other because we didn’t have other friends we chose not to because it’d make trouble for the both of us in the long run if we did.

“Hey Shelly.” I said out of breath from her tight hug and impact into me.

“God I’ve missed you so bad all summer!” She was so hyper and happy to see me she stepped back a big smile plastered on her face she was so cute I’d missed her too I laughed and smiled it was the first smile I’d had since when she made me smile last year I hadn’t smiled all summer.

“I missed you a lot to Shelly, but we talked on the phone last night.”

She smiled, “I know. You’re going to call me again tonight too right?” I nodded, “Good. So what floors your locker on?”

Then my heart sank and the smile came off my face, “Oh yea 3rd floor…..again.” I paused between my words Shelly could see the disappointment on my face she could hear it in my voice too as well.

“Awww cheer up Kate it’s not that bad I mean you’ll have me to walk to it with.”
I made a sarcastic laugh, “Ha yea half the time it’s not like me and you have all the same classes or even classes on the same floor.”

Shelly put her head down looking at her shoes I could see a wet drop on the floor but her hair was covering her face, “I’m sorry Kate.” She whispered as if it was her fault that I was on the 3rd floor what kind of friend was I anymore.

“Shelly look at me.” She lifted her head to look at me her blue eyes watering and glasses they were even beautiful wet, “I didn’t mean to snap I just had a rough morning and there’s this boy who’s been watching me and he doesn’t act like everyone else I snapped at him too for no reason too. Ok? I’m the one that’s sorry.”

Her face turned from tears to excitement, and wonder, and anger all at once, “Kate!” I was right she yelled at me, “You yelled at some poor boy who’s probably knew and on top of that.” She stopped then her face went to happy and excited, “You said he’s been watching you all morning and doesn’t act like everyone else awwww I wanna meet him. When can I meet him huh?”

I didn’t have an answer I didn’t want to see him at all, “Um let’s try never.” I said with a smile, “You know I hate guys.”

She put her hand up in front of my face to stop me from going on, “Ok let’s look at this a moment one you yelled at him without cause to so your going to have to apologize two if he don’t act like everybody else then maybe he can feel your broken heart and fill in that empty space where Will use to be.” Will was the only boy I’d ever loved he unfortunately moved 3years ago and I could never get over him I loved him that’s what made me so dark and hateful I guess.

“Shelly.” I felt my eyes welled up with tear as the image of Wills face was in my mind his black shaggy hair and blue eyes and his funny humor that went with it, “I’ll always love Will and no one can replace him he’s locked inside my mind and heart forever.” The tear went down my cheek I wiped it away fast, “Now enough of this I’ll apologize to that one boy later, but we need to get to class now.” The warning bell rang giving us both 10mins to get to our classes.

Shelly walked with me to my locker, “Kate promise me you’ll apologize to that boy today when you see him again.” I looked up from my locker at her face she wasn’t going to let this go, “Promise me Kate.” She repeated.

“Ok ok I promise I’ll apologize to him later, but that’s all I’m doing after that I’m going to where ever I need to be.” I kept looking at her for an ok she didn’t say ok she just nodded instead we stood a few minutes and I was having trouble with my locker.

“Kate I got to go to my locker still too. Can we just meet in lunch so I can get to first block on time?” I nodded to her and kept working on my locker, “Ok see you then love you.” Then she trotted off down the stair way where we came from. I stood there still my locker wasn’t working. Why was it doing this to me? I heard someone coming up the stairs I looked back to see the new boy. What he say his name was again? Matt that was it now I remember he just gave me a light smile and went down the hall in the other direction away from me bout half way he stopped and opened a locker so that’s where his locker was great same floor as me just my luck he shut his locker and came back toward my way I still couldn’t get my locker open here it goes.

I opened my mouth and made it so he knew I was talking to him, “Hey um.” He stopped and looked at me I smiled so did he, “Can you help me get my locker open possibly maybe?” His smile grew as he walked over to me at my locker.

“I’d love too. What’s the combination?” I handed him my schedule he laughed.

“What?” I questioned.

He spoke as he put the combination in, “Nothing it’s just me and you have every single class together that’s all.”

“Oh.” Was all I could say then my locker popped open, “Thanks.” I whispered taking my schedule back.

“Your welcome it was really no problem well see you in class then.” He turned and started walking toward the stair way.

I looked down at my schedule 1st block biology class with Mr. Hendricks I didn’t know where that class was, “Wait!” I called after Matt he stopped at the top of the stairs I scanned over the rest of my schedule real fast 2nd block Geometry Mrs. Welsh, 3rd block Health Mr. Taylor, 4th block US Studies Mrs. Queen, 5th block Language Arts Mrs. Karen, and 6th block Reading Mr. Carmen I didn’t know any of these classes I looked up at Matt, “Can I follow you to classes today?”

He laughed, “Yea come on I know where first block is already I followed some other kid you can follow me.” The way he said it sounded sweet.

“Thanks.”

He laughed again, “Again no problem come on ill escort you to class.” He giggled, “I’ve always wanted to say that to someone.” The rest of the day I followed Matt to all our classes, but after sixth block I dodged out of there like a bullet straight to my locker when I got there Shelly was standing and smiling.

“So who’s the boy you’ve been following all day like a puppy on a leash.”
I gave her a glare for that comment I didn’t want to follow him I simply had too, “Matt the boy awww man I forgot to apologize to him.”

She laughed and her cheeks turned red she started to twirl her hair, “Don’t worry you haven’t missed your chance he’s coming this way.” I turned to look sure enough he was coming up the stairs toward me with his friend beside him laughing.

“Hey. He said stopping in front of me as I shut my locker.

“Hey I have to apologize this morning for snapping at you and running you over.” I said looking him straight in the face.

His friend burst out laughing, “This is the girl that ran you over?” He kept laughing, “I’d love to have seen that.” He laughed some more till Matt punched him in the arm, “Oww ok I’m Dillon Matt’s friend.”

I smiled at him, “I kind of guess that when I saw you too together all day and you all over him like you really wanted him ouch burn.” I said in a sharp voice.

Shelly laughed trying to smooth what I said over she smiled at Dillon, “Why don’t we let these two talk Kate ill see you in the parking lot. Ok?” I nodded.

“Yea ill call you tonight Dillon.” Matt said smiling at his friend then focusing his attention on me again. Matt and I stood in silence till our friends were gone, “You could be a little nicer to Dillon he is my friend.”

“So?” I said with the same tone as before.

Matt laughed, “Ok you don’t have to like him, but uh would you mind going out to see a movie with me tonight like say around 7:30pm?” he said it as a question. Was he serious?
I was shocked and a little stunned I didn’t know what to say it’d been forever since I’d been invited to do anything other than being with Shelly, “Um sure I guess that’d be cool.”

He smiled, “Great do you drive?”

This I could laugh at, “Yes.”

“Good may I walk you down to the parking lot to your car?”

“Sure.” He smiled and we both turned walking side by side in silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
Plz comment so I know wat you guys think of it...... Thnks for reading. : )