Status: DONE!

You Know My Love Is Always on Your Side

We Can Always Try Again

Labor sucks! I even had a damn epidural. Didn’t help at all! I’m pretty sure Todd’s hands broken though. The whole labor from when we got there from when the baby finally came out was ten hours. Let me say that again: ten hours! Todd stayed by my side the whole time. I was more than grateful for that.

I cannot say enough as to how amazing this guy is. When my contractions started getting so much more intense, he would always find just the right thing to say to make me forget about it and even laugh. Every time he gave my stomach sweet little kisses, she would always respond with some kind of movement. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen.

I couldn’t wait to hold her and even see Todd hold the little bundle of joy. Just thinking about it made me smile. To add to the cuteness, I told him that he could name her. He hated that. I told him that right after she was born. His big brown eyes looked like they were about ready pop out. Even though I was so exhausted, I still smiled. Minutes later, our beautiful baby girl was being gently placed in my arms.

The only thing I can slightly compare it to was seeing Todd for the first time. I couldn’t breathe. All I could do is stare at how gorgeous she was. Tears started to form in my eyes as Todd lowered himself onto the bed next to me. He kissed my cheek as his hand reached out to pull the blanket away from her cute little face. By doing so, he hand gently brushed up against her smooth little cheek. This simple touch caused her eyes to slowly open, letting us see those adorable orbs… that weren’t brown.

“Why are here eyes not brown?” I asked, glancing over at Todd like it was his fault.

He let out a soft chuckle as he rested his head on my shoulder. Her deep green eyes just sparkled as she watched him.

“She’s just as beautiful as her gorgeous mother,” he whispered, kissing my cheek.

It made me smile, causing me to hold her closer to me.

“Her sexy father needs to give her a beautiful name,” I smiled his way.

I loved that his full smile formed as one of his arms went around me and the other rested next to mine to help cradle our newborn. He thought for a few minutes. During that time, his eyes stayed on her. His eyes shined just as much as her’s were at him.

“Madison,” he whispered.

“Aw, baby that’s pretty,” I cooed, kissing his plump lips quickly.

It took him a little longer to get a middle name… I may have helped him just a little. It was so cute though. We finally decided on Madison Ava. He was doing so much better than I have ever expected; especially with the little episode with our first scare.

The nurses had taken Madison away to get all of her newborn things taken care of. That left Todd and I alone… until the hyper Aussie came busting through the door. I’m not going to lie, I expect the first people to waltz back in here to be either my parents or Todd’s… but nope. We got the Aussie… great! But Katie was with him. I guess that makes up for it.

“Where’s she?” he asked, looking the room up and down like she would be clinging to the wall.

“Blake, they just took her down the hall to the nursery. Didn’t you see her?” Katie asked as she rolled her eyes teasingly.

That was her? She doesn’t look anything like you, mate,” Bilko smiled as he looked at Todd.

“Don’t start that shit. I haven’t slept with any other man but Todd since I was twenty,” I replied without thinking.

“Wow… impressive, Molls,” Bilko smirked as he sat down in a chair, pulling Katie onto his lap.

“Shut up,” I said, wanting to throw a pillow at him, but I was too damn tired.

Bilko went on to throw out little teasing Aussie comments. I ignored them. All I cared about was that Todd was next to me, holding me tightly against him. I was so close to shutting my eyes and refusing to open them for a few hours when Madison was brought back to us. I smiled as Todd shot up and ever so gently held her in his toned arms. He was even cooing sweet little things to her.

I motioned to get Katie’s attention. Once I had it, I made a camera single, wanting her to get a picture of this adorable moment. She smiled as she got her phone out and snapped a photo of my beautiful babies. Todd rolled his eyes at her, but smiled as he came back over and sat next to me.

She looked so much smaller in his arms. I thought we might lose her in them. The thought actually made me giggle as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

“I want to hold her,” Katie said excitedly as she stood up and reached out to her.

I don’t know if Katie or Bilko noticed, but Todd seemed to be a little protective of her already. Once Katie had started for him, he held Madison closer to him. It was so cute. But he eventually let her hold her.

“Bilko is not holding her,” he said seriously, but everyone laughed.

I kind of agreed. Who knows what the Aussie would get excited about and then oops… there goes Maddie.

But those thoughts soon left once Katie and Bilko left. I finally got to gaze at my gorgeous daughter through clear eyes. She looks like Todd… other than the eyes that I swore she would have! But I’ll let that one go… We can always try again. She has his nose, his plump lips, even his ears. Every time I looked at him holding her, all I could do was smile.

Finally, both of our parents came in. I didn’t even bother to ask where they’ve been. I was too tired. Todd had handed her over to my mom and came back over to me, pulling me against his chest.

“You look so tired,” he whispered as he grazed my cheek with the back of his hand.

“I am,” I said, having a hard time keeping my eyes open even to look at him.

“Go to sleep baby. No one will be upset. You deserve it. You did you so go,” he smiled as he tucked a few strands of hair behind my ear. “I love you,” he went on as he bent down and left a soft kiss on my lips.

I mumbled out I love you too before my eyes closed. The buzz of our families cooing over Maddie just blended into background nose. That background nose eventually faded into silence as I wondered into a much-needed sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes! Updated before I went to bed! But It's late now and I'm probably going to be screwed in the morning.. but oh well.. I have rockstar! lol

Molly, Maddie, & Todd :D

comment?