Jail Break!

Running Away

There’s nothing I’m hiding!” Those were the simple words that made my best friend, Dan, loose his life. I think I should start explaining this from the beginning.

You see we were walking back from school. Dan and I went to Uppington High together for 4 years. We’d never been in any bother walking home. But for the past month we had been getting bullied by this older kid who was friends with Dan’s brother, Ed. His name was Ali. We thought he was no bother, nothing to worry about. But we were wrong.

We were walking down this small black alley way when we saw Ali. He was holding a gun. I screamed. I can remember Dan’s petrified voice screaming the very words that have haunted and affected my life- ‘Emily, just run. Don’t worry about me!’ I listened to the honesty in his voice and ran. That’s when I heard a noise. The loudest scariest noise that still rings in my ears, the noise of gunfire.

I felt pain shoot through the back of my leg and I fell to the floor sobbing. I heard a scream of agony then a gasp of shock.., Dan came running towards me and knelt at my side promising I would be okay.

Through my gasps of pain I asked him who had screamed. He gave me the answer I should have expected - Ali. I questioned him what he had done, furious. He looked into my eyes, shocked at my anger, and said 'I stabbed him of course, he shot you! I thought he was going to kill us, that’s what was best to do,' this was when everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its bad, dont mock it!