Status: Discontinued :( But will be rewritten and updated as soon as summer rolls around. Sorry D: School got to us.

Make New Friends, but Keep the Old; One Is Silver, the Other Gold

Chapter 4: Shane's POV

Mr. Parker was reminiscing about the times when Hailey and me were children, when I heard a door open upstairs. Hailey came down the staircase carrying her laptop and charger.

“So nice of you to join us” I said, smirking slightly.

She threw me a glare as she plopped herself down into one of the armchairs.

“Right well, it was getting stuffy in my room anyways, so I figured I’d come and join the party.”

She threw her legs over the arm of the chair, facing us (her dad and me). She gave us a warning glance, opened her laptop, and put in one of her headphones. She settled in and looked at her dad.

“So daddy, what are you guys talking about?” she asked, narrowing her eyes slightly.

“Nothing sweetie, just remembering the good old days when you two were actually friends…somewhat.”, he answered, grimacing a bit.

She snorted, “Friends, me and him. Yea. Right. I’d rather die.” She said, looking down at her laptop.

“Daddy, can you plug my charger in? Please and thank you” she said, smiling.

“Sure sweetheart” he said as he reached down to plug her charger into the wall outlet besides his seat”

“Love you”, she mumbled as she looked down on her laptop screen, preoccupied.

“Going…going…gone.” her dad whispered.

I looked at him confused, “What’s gone?” I asked.

“When she’s reading, its like she’s in a different universe. It’s going to take some energy to ‘wake her up’ now, unless of course she wakes up by herself.” He explained.

“But how can you tell that she’s reading?” I asked.

“Look at her eyes.”

I did, noticing that they were a very pretty brown. The expression in her eyes though, was odd. It’s almost as if she was in a trance.

“Wow, I see what you mean.”

“Yea,” he replied, “Better to just leave her to it for now. I’m gonna go down to the station and catch up with the guys…and girl. You’re welcome to stay as long as you like.”

“Thanks, Mr. Parker”, I said as I smiled.

“Now I’m heading out now okay Hails?” He told her.

She mumbled an incoherent response as she waved her hand at him and nodded.

Mr. Parker sighed and shook his head. “Well, I’m off. See you in a couple of hours.”

“Yep” I said.

-1 Hour Later-

Wow, I’m bored.

I looked over at Hailey, who was still immersed in her reading.

What’s she reading that’s so important anyways?

I got up and sneaked over to the side of the armchair where I would have a clear view of the screen.

But as soon as I caught a glimpse of what she was reading, she slammed the laptop shut, as she turned around and glared.

I looked at her incredulously. “You weren’t.”

She glared at me as she said, “What?”

“You were not just reading something with Justin. Bieber in it.”

She blushed.

“You were! Wow. That’s just…that’s just…wow, i dont even have words for that”

“Oh shut up, I wasn’t. And even if I were, it is NONE of your business. What were you doing sneaking up behind me anyways. Bored? There’s something called a remote, and you use it to watch TV.” She said, grabbing the remote and throwing it at me.

I caught it and said, “I can’t believe you were reading Justin Bieber stuff”

She huffed as she glared at me. She grabbed her charger and laptop and went up the stairs.

“I wasn't! What’s it to you if I was anyways?” She paused on the staircase.

“He sounds like a 10 year old girl...” I stated as if it were obvious.

“He is a 16 year old male that sings better than you do. You’re just jealous because he gets more girls, more money, and more everything.” She then walked up the stairs and into her room.

I shook my head, watching her as she left. I wasn't about to let this go.

I followed her up the stairs, but i guess she heard me because she slammed the door. I've always loved a challenge. I knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" she called even though she knew it was me.

"Justin Bieber" I said, grinning really wide.
The door came flying open.

"Is there something you want?"

"Nothing in particular."

"Then why don't you go home" she said while trying to close the door.

I grabbed the door and pushed it open, I knew my super strength would come in handy one day.

For a girl, she was pretty strong but i pushed my hardest. The force pushed her back and she went flying. I felt a tug on my shirt and the next thing I knew, I was falling too.

"I knew you couldn't resist me" I said looking down at her. I could feel her shaking. i rolled over and broke into laughter.

She jolted up from the bed, standing near the door.

"That was so not funny! Ew, I can't believe you!"

"I bet you would have liked it if it was Justin Bieber" I said, sticking my tongue out at her.

"Im going to kill you. Get out now!"

"Alright, alright don't have a heart attack" I walked to the door, brushing past her as I went

"I'll be downstairs if you decide you want to attack me again.

"In your dreams" She said throwing a pillow at me.

"Of course it will be" I said winking, barely avoiding another pillow.

She had this strange look on her face...it was different from before.

Call me crazy, but it almost seemed like she was smiling.