Seize the Day

Douze

Cadey attempted to peek around the plumes of the people in front of her, but had no luck. She huffed and crossed her arms. She was sure Lacey would sit in her usual spot with the guys in the stands, right by where the band sat, but she couldn’t see them. It would have to wait until she got done performing the pregame show.

As the band began marching out onto the football field for the performance she was sure no one would even pay attention to, as always, Cadey let her eyes continue to scan around for the group. They couldn’t be hard to miss, right?

She spotted a group of people who appeared to be getting into a confrontation, and frowned. Was that really necessary at a college football game?

Wait a second…

Cadey’s eyes widened.

That was her group.

She could make out Lacey, yelling at some guy and being held back by a tall buff guy, probably Matt. A shorter guy, most likely Johnny, was literally beating the shit out of the guy Lacey was screaming at. Who ever was wearing the gold and black afro was shoving around another guy, who looked strangely like…

Ben.

They were fighting with Brandon and Ben.

Jimmy, or who Cadey assumed was Jimmy since he was incredibly tall, was helping Afro Man kick Ben’s ass. She swore that even from this distance there were red spots on Jimmy’s black and gold striped overalls. There was also a shirtless guy in a fedora with his chest painted, surprise: black and gold, choking Brandon with his foam finger.

Cadey was so entranced by the fight that she didn’t notice the band had stopped. She ran right into the person in front of her, causing them to shoot forward and run into the 200 pound sousaphone player, who bumped into the tiny flute player in front, and thus a domino effect was created. It went all the way to the front, with everyone running into everyone else and some falling over from being hit with sousaphones and giant marching tubas.

The worst part?

They were all out in the middle of the field.

Cadey grimaced. This was all her fault.

Taking a quick glance around at the crowd, they were all whispering to each other and pointing to the band. Cadey was extremely embarrassed, but was glad no one could tell it was her who started it. She hoped. Right now, though, her mind was on other things.

Like Lacey’s safety.

Looking around, Cadey noticed that there was no way to get off the field and into the stands. She’d have to make a break for it before the game started, before half time.

She also noticed that the stands where the group was were now empty. Looking farther, she saw security escorting them out, or attempting to, since Matt looked like he was screaming at one guy.

M.Shadows screaming in your face had to be pretty scary.

Lacey and Johnny were nowhere to be seen, Jimmy and Afro Man, whom Cadey guessed was Zacky, were standing by Matt, glaring at the other two guys as they were escorted away. Brian was smacking Brandon and Ben with his foam finger when the security guards weren’t looking. Cadey held in a laugh at his cheap shots.

After performing the show and getting a stern group lecture from her conductor, Cadey rushed off in search of the bathroom, stating she had an emergency. Her conductor immediately let her go, and Cadey laughed at the awkward expression on his face.

Instead of going to the bathroom, Cadey made a sharp turn in the direction of where she guessed the security office was. She assumed that was where the guys, and Lacey, were.

It seemed her assumptions were wrong, since she saw no one in there but a slightly pudgy security officer eating a donut and watching some monitors.

Well, then.

She turned around to go look somewhere else, but came in contact with a black and yellow striped chest.

Hmm…that’s strange…

“Nice outfit, Cade.”

She looked up to see Jimmy, goofily smiling at her. He had eye black all around his eyes, making him look like he had two black eyes.

Maybe they were really black eyes…

“Where’s everyone else?” Cadey asked, peering around Jimmy to see if anyone else was there.

“I’m right here, my dear band geek,” Brian stated, strutting over to the two, a security guard following him.

“Knock that shit off,” Zacky said, appearing from nowhere and smacking Brian on the head.

The security guard glared at Zacky, “Stop attacking people, sir.”

Zacky rolled his eyes, giving Cadey a guilty smile, which she returned. She could feel her cheeks heating up.

“Won’t happen again, officer.”

Cadey noticed Jimmy still standing awkwardly close to her, and lightly cleared her throat. It wasn’t to make him move, but moreso to make Cadey feel less…uncomfortable.

Uncomfortable…in a good way.

“Shouldn’t you be with your other bandies?” Jimmy asked, playfully wagging his finger in Cadey’s face.

She shrugged, trying to hold back her giggle, “Yes, but I wanted to look for you guys. I saw the whole fight thing and wanted to know what happened.”

“Was that you that make all those geeks fall over?” Brian asked.

Zacky reached over to smack him again, but the security guard stopped him. Zacky sighed and pulled his arm back, glaring at the guard.

Cadey looked down and blushed, “Yeah. I was watching you guys, not paying attention to what I was doing. I was worried about Lacey.”

The three guys exchanged glances, making Cadey slightly concerned. Her heart sank.

“Where is Lacey?!”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's short and crappy, but meh. finals are done, but I'll be gone all weekend. I'm sure Hannah would love to update before then for ya'll :D

if you were wondering, plumes are those poofy things on the top of marching band people's hats. sorry I'm a band geek also 8D

comments? me and HC love them! :)