Seize the Day

Twenty-One

Lacey crossed her arms and slumped back in her chair. Cadey didn't remember what happened at the dorms. That could be a good or a bad thing...

Johnny touched her arm, and she jumped.

"Shit!" she said, throwing her arms in front of her.

"Hey, hey, shhh, you're fine," Johnny said. Lacey relaxed a bit, and he said, "You sure you don't want to see the nurse?"

"I'm okay," Lacey replied with a smile.

"I don't know, hun, your bruises are pretty big-"

"I'm okay."

Johnny pulled her close and said, "You aren't okay, and I wish you would just let someone check on you once in a while."

Lacey looked up at him and smiled, "I'm sorry. I just...I don't know. I want to believe it's all going to be okay."

"It will be," Johnny whispered in her ear. "I promise you this: everything will be okay."

She leaned up and kissed him. She put her arms around him, and he held her as tight as he could without hurting her. She didn't care if her bruises and cuts were pushing up against her skin; she liked being close to Johnny. She put her hand in his, and he played with her fingers gently. They looked up when they heard a noise.

Matt had run into someone, and he was frantically trying to help pick up. Lacey covered her mouth, trying not to laugh, and Johnny shook his head. Matt could be such an idiot sometimes.

After helping the person back up, he jogged over to Lacey and Johnny. "Good news, guys," he said. "The police are charging Ben and Brandon with attempted rape, domestic abuse, and theft."

"Theft?" said Johnny.

"Yeah, turns out Ben was the one that stole our shit from the bus," Matt replied. "They're checking everything and then we can go sign it off."

"Oh, thank god," Johnny sighed. "If I had to go another day without a different sweatshirt, I was gonna die."

Lacey giggled and poked him. "You coulda just bought one at the football game."

"Ah, I don't think like that, though." Johnny shrugged and kissed her.

"Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, too," Matt said, "but we also gotta get going as soon as possible. We have shows next week in Milwaukee."

"Damnit," Lacey swore.

Johnny said nothing, just smiled and kissed her again. Truthfully, he didn't want to leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short, but Mel usually has longer chapters. Hope you liked anyway :D

Comment!