Seize the Day

Twenty-three

"Cadey's going a little crazy, isn't she?" said Johnny.

"No, it's understandable," Lacey replied. "She went through a lot, and it's gonna take her more than just a week to get over it."

Johnny nodded and said, "And how are you feeling?"

"I'm not sure," Lacey sighed. "I'm just glad this semester is almost over. Then I can take my classes online."

"Why's that?"

"So I don't have to see Brandon. And so Cade doesn't have to see Ben."

"Oh."

"What?"

"I was hoping you would say it was so you could come on tour with us. Or something along those lines."

Lacey turned to him, a bit confused. He smiled and kissed her forehead. She put her fingers through his, and she leaned against him.

"You really want me to?" she whispered.

"Of course," Johnny said. "I don't want you out here where he can get to you."

"What about Cadey and Jimmy?"

"Cadey would come too," Johnny replied. "You don't think I'd let her stay here without you, do you?"

Lacey smiled and said, "Of course not."

She looked back into the room where Jimmy was explaining something on the tv to Cadey. She seemed more focused on him, though her focus was little. Johnny stroked Lacey's hair, and she closed her eyes.

Matt approached them, putting a hand on Johnny's shoulder.

"What do we know, kids?" he said.

"Jimmy seems to have calmed her for now," Lacey said. "I know it's traumatic for her though, so I won't push her recovery."

"We won't either," said Johnny, giving Matt a look.

"That's actually what I'm here about," Matt sighed.

Lacey looked up at him, filling with worry quickly. He saw her concern, and immediately he wanted to forget about everything to do with touring.

"I'm sorry, Lace," Matt continued. "I can't change anything else. Our tour managers are already pissed at us. We have to leave tomorrow afternoon to make our next show."

"You guys can't leave now," whimpered Lacey. "Look at Cadey- she needs Jimmy."

"I'm sorry- I really am," Matt said softly. "I don't make the rules." He paused, looking in at Jimmy and Cadey, whose hands were intertwined with each other's. "When is she being released?"

"Sometime soon," Lacey said.

"I'll talk to some of the nurses, see if we can't get her outta here tomorrow morning."

"You would do that?"

"Of course. If she's important to you and Jimmy and Za-" He stopped for a second. Lacey looked at him, narrowing her eyes. "Then she's important to all of us."

"What do you know that I don't?" Lacey inquired.

"Nothing-"

"Matthew..."

Matt bit his lip ring and looked at Johnny. Johnny held up his hands in defense and backed away from them. Lacey crossed her arms.

"Alright, all I know is that Zacky also has an interest in Cade, but he doesn't want to say anything because she's happier around Jimmy," said Matt. "I swear that's all I know. Oh, and he's giving Jimmy the silent treatment for making a move first."

"Goddamnit," spat Lacey. "You guys...just...ugh!" She threw up her arms and walked away.

Matt and Johnny watched her leave, both of them smiling. Matt rested his arm on Johnny's shoulder and leaned on him.

"You're lucky you got to her first, shrimpy," he chuckled.

Johnny punched Matt in the chest and shoved him off. "And you're lucky I don't kick your ass, dickhole," Johnny replied.

"Dickhole in ass what?" said Brian, coming up next to them. He gave them both an evil grin.

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?" Matt replied.

Brian put an arm around Matt and said, "Only with you, beautiful."

Johnny gagged, and he walked off after Lacey.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short, but I liked writing it! Hope you liked reading it :)

Comment! Me and Mel loves comments. And you. For reading this. XD