Seize the Day

Twenty-five

Lacey and Johnny sat on the floor against the wall. Brian stood off to the side, texting. He frowned and put his phone in his pocket. A minute later, Zacky came out of Cadey's room. He pulled on Brian's arm, and Lacey tried to listen in.

"...knew I liked her, but he doesn't care," whispered Zacky.

"Come on, Zack, you know he wouldn't do it on purpose," Brian replied. "Jimmy's just trying to be nice to Cadey. He likes her, too, you know."

"I know," Zacky sighed. "I just hoped it would be-" He stopped, sensing Lacey's stare. He looked over, and she looked back to Johnny.

"Brian, you wanna go to the vending machine?" asked Zacky.

"Umm, sure but we just ate- ow! What the fuck was that for?"

"Let's go, dipshit," Zacky hissed after giving Brian a smack on the head.

Lacey watched them walk away, looking back at her occasionally. She grimaced and crossed her arms. Johnny rested his chin on her shoulder.

"Something wrong?" he said in a low voice.

"No, I just was wondering what Zacky and Brian were talking about," Lacey replied.

"I'm sure it wasn't anything bad," Johnny replied. "I know Zacky wouldn't do anything to hurt Cadey."

"I know."

It was quiet a moment, and Lacey closed her eyes. She yawned, realizing it was nearly midnight. Johnny lightly massaged her shoulder and caressed her cheek. She smiled. He did comfort her like Brandon hadn't, and Brandon was the only boyfriend she'd ever had. Johnny kissed her cheek.

"You wanna sleep, babe?" he whispered. "We can get you a bed somewhere."

"No, I'm fine," Lacey said. "I don't wanna go anywhere in case anything changes."

Johnny nodded, and he said, "You can sleep here, then, if you're tired."

"I know. I don't want to, though." Lacey turned to face him and continued, "You really wouldn't mind having us on tour with you?"

"Of course not," Johnny said. "You'd be a lovely addition to our band of misfits. Don't you want to come?"

"I'd love to," Lacey said quietly. "If anything, just to get away from..."

"Shhh, you don't have to say anything. I know it's hard."

He rested his hand on the back of her neck, touching gently in case there were any leftover bruises. His other hand rested on her knee, and she liked the way his skin felt against hers. He leaned forward and softly pressed his lips to hers. Feeling her smile, he carefully slid his tongue past hers. He wasn't being forceful in any way. In fact, she was more in control than he was.

She pulled her hands up around his neck, and she softly bit his lip. They stopped, pulling away slowly, not wanting to end. But they were in a hospital. Lacey never wanted it to end, and she stayed as close to him as possible. He moved his hand up her leg to rest on her waist, and he moved in for another kiss.

Their lips had barely touched when-

"Holy hell!" said Matt. "Christ, this is a fucking hospital, dude."

Johnny pursed his lips together and punched Matt in the calf. Lacey dropped her arms from around his neck and sighed.

"Sorry, guys," he said.

"Sorry my ass, Shads," grumbled Johnny. "What now?"

"Cadey wants Lacey," Matt said. "I came out here to get her."

"Well, I'm here," Lacey said. "What does she need?"

"She wanted you in the room. I think she's getting anxious to get out of here."

"I'll go talk to her, then." Lacey stood up, followed closely by Johnny.

Matt nodded and said, "I'll see if I can talk to Angelica again."

"Angelica?" said Johnny and Lacey in unison.

"Don't ask," Matt sighed, and he turned and walked away.

Lacey smiled as she entered Cadey's room. "Hey, girl," she said.

Cadey shifted under her sheets and smiled as best she could at Lacey. Lacey climbed up on the bed with her and sat Indian style at the foot of the bed. She smiled.

"Matt said you wanted me?" she said.

"Yeah," Cadey replied. "Hey, Jimmy, can you give us a few minutes?"

"You sure?" Jimmy said.

Lacey could tell he was reluctant to leave her side. He stood up slowly and kissed her forehead. He left the room, and Johnny left with him.

"Lacey, they're gonna leave," said Cadey. "I don't want them to go, but I can't travel like this."

"Cade, we'll find a way," Lacey said. "I promise."

"Jimmy won't leave me here, but Matt won't let him stay," Cadey continued, feeling a tear run down her cheek.

"You don't worry about it. I'll get it handled." She gently patted Cadey's foot and added, "If it come down to it, I'll stay here. I'm not leaving without you."

Cadey smiled and said, "Thanks, Lace. You're the best friend I could ask for."

"I promise you'll be able to be with Jimmy. We'll find a way."

Lacey leaned forward and hugged Cadey, careful of her healing injuries. She only hoped she was right.

What if they couldn't get her out in the morning?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if this was crappy. Really, I am. But I hope you liked it anyway :)

Comment- me and Mel love comments!