Seize the Day

Twenty nine

Lacey took Cadey's hand and sighed. It had been weeks since they'd talked to the guys, and three months still since they'd actually seen them. Far too long for either of them.

This was the last day of Avenged Sevenfold's tour, and they simply had to go. Even if it was in Biloxi, Mississippi. Lacey thought they needed a road trip anyway, especially since it was now almost January. Which meant dead cold in Iowa as opposed to the warm air in Mississippi.

The doors to Saengar Theatre opened, and Lacey pulled Cadey as fast as she could toward the front. They didn't get directly center near the barricades like they'd hoped. Instead, they stood off to the right side a few rows back.

They couldn't have cared less about the two opening bands. All they wanted to see were their boyfriends. And when the lights went down for them to start, Lacey felt her knees go weak, and her heart must have skipped four beats.

Cadey watched Jimmy cross the stage to his drumset. She couldn't take her eyes off him, and a smile creased her face.

Shortly...
----------------------------------------
In between "Afterlife" and "Second Heartbeat", Johnny looked out into the crowd. He scanned left to right, then back. He had done this every night since they had left Iowa. He knew it was because of Lacey.

He wasn't sure why he had ever expected to find her. Especially here in Biloxi, or anywhere away from Iowa, for that matter.

He caught a glimpse of a familiar face, though, and he stepped closer to the edge of the stage.

Someone pulled him back by the chain hanging from his pants, and his gaze was broken. He turned and saw Zacky, eyebrows raised and hands resting on his guitar. He said something, but Johnny could barely hear him over Matt's voice and the cheering crowd.

"What?" he shouted.

"What's your problem tonight, Christ?" Zacky shouted into his ear. "You gonna jump off the stage or what?"

"I thought I saw-" Johnny looked out toward the crowd again, hoping to see her. "Nevermind."

Zacky shook his head and patted him on the back. "You can go back to Iowa when we're done here."

Johnny nodded, but he looked out to the crowd again. He looked back toward Jimmy. Jimmy shook his head, and Johnny's heart sank.

It couldn't have been her in the first place, he thought.

He shook himself away from his own thoughts and began to play with everyone else. There was no need to get worked up over something like this.
----------------------------------------
"I guess we'll just find each other afterwards, right?" Lacey said.

"I guess," Cadey agreed. "Don't hurt yourself, Lace. And call me if you have any problems."

"Cadey, don't worry about me," Lacey replied. "You just go find Jimmy."

Cadey hugged her friend and said, "See you in a bit, then."

With that, Lacey watched as Cadey walked around to the other side of the building. Lacey's heart faltered again, and she took a deep breath. Pull yourself together, Lace.

She walked around the familiar tour bus, almost wanting to just go in. Instead she watched the opening bands all sign autographs and take pictures for their waiting fans. Eventually they all left, but there was still no sign of any of the guys. The crowd was dispersing, as it was almost one in the morning.

Lacey shivered, wishing she'd brought a jacket, and sat down on the curb. There were a few shouts from down toward the back of the building, and Lacey looked over. There. Brian and Johnny had just come out.

"Johnny," she said to herself, standing up.

The pair were busy signing autographs for the few that had stayed, and Lacey could do nothing but stand there.

"Johnny!" she called.

Brian looked up and smiled, seeing Lacey. He elbowed Johnny, in the middle of talking to a young man. Johnny looked at him angrily, but his expression softened when Brian said something. He looked up and saw Lacey, too.

She grinned and stepped off the curb. He excused himself from the fans, and he all but sprinted to Lacey. She met him halfway, also running, and he caught her in his arms.

He put his arms around her waist, and she wrapped hers around his neck. He gently touched his lips to hers, but she pulled him closer as he'd hoped she would. He smiled, not caring about the people watching.

"God, I've missed you, Lace," he whispered against her cheek.

"I can't even tell you," she replied.

She rested her head on his shoulder as he just held her there in the middle of the street. He intertwined his fingers with hers, and she looked up. She kissed him again, hoping this moment would never end.

"I love you," he whispered in her ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
One left. I don't want to quit writing this :( but me and Mel both want to do a sequel so yay!

Comment? It would make us happy :D