Invincible

Alien Feelings.

"Oh, she's beautiful!"

I looked up to see a woman with curly, long red hair and a yellow dress on. She was chubby but had her charm. Her name was Lucy Camp. The mother of Jeremiah Camp. She was starring at my sister Alicia with appraising eyes.

My mom straightened, beeming. "Why, thank you."

"You weren't here last Sunday with your family." Lucy noted, smiling kindly.

"Yeah, I was camping with some friends of mine." Alicia explained, blushing.

"Oh." Lucy nodded thoughtfully. "Well, tell me about yourself. Can you play any instruments? Sing?"

I stood up, feeling invisible. Not that I minded, I was use to it. But I couldn't help feeling jealous. Lucy hadn't asked me to tell me about myself; she hadn't even said I was beautiful. Or pretty. She'd just said, "Is this your daughter?" with a weird expression.

I must admit, I wasn't beautiful. Or pretty. I was plain. I had long black hair that was usually in a ponytail, considering I had wavy, annoying, puffy hair. I had smally black eyes which were only pretty after I cried. I was tall and thin. People always told me I looked older than twelve, thinking I was Alicia's age, fifteen.

I decided to head to the kitchen where most people had gone. I liked the house, it was beautiful and small, just the way I liked houses. I hated the fancy, big houses. Too much. Beautiful but unnecessary.

The kitchen was not crowded at all- there weren't many people here. The preacher's wife, Hannah, smiled at me and handed me a plate of food. "Here you go dear." She said.

"Thank you," I said softly. I turned around and headed for the table. It was a small table, so all the seats were taken and there was no place for me to sit. I began to eat my food, but just then I heard Jeremiah say, "You can have my seat."

"You sure?"

He shrugged, not looking at me. "I'm done anyway." He stood up, threw his food in the trash, and walked in the direction of the living room. A second later, I heard him playing his guitar. I sat in his seat, suddenly smiling for no reason.

I finished my food quickly and took seconds. After I finished, I headed back to the living room and sat down where my bible was. I flipped through the pages, ignoring the conversation my mom and Lucy were having, and constantly glanced at Jeremiah. This time, when I looked at him, he was starring at me too.

My eyes widened and I looked down, feeling stupid. I didn't look at him again, or at least I tried hard not to. But my eyes wandered to him again and I watched as his long fingers played on the strings... I looked into his beautiful, big choclate brown eyes...

"Mo!" My sister yelled, sounding irritated. When I looked at her, she said, "How many times do I have to call your name? Come on, we're leaving."

I stood up awkwardly, emberassed. After I'd gathered my things, I ran to the car, my heart and mind trying to fit the pieces of the puzzle together, trying to make sense of the alien feelings that were taking over me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I changed the layout, what do you think? ;)