Status: 215 pages of pure tantalizing story, (Writing Chapter 28, and all that goes with it!)

Our Deathly Love

The Chapel

Image

We were ripped from our conversation as loud laughs echoed around us, as a skipping Mikey and Tundry entered the room. Arms linked, a smile implanted on their faces. At least someone was enjoying themselves! Tundry waved wildly to me and pulled Mikey over as she grabbed an extra chair and placed it next to the empty one next to me. “Oh, Emmy! I just met Mikey! Isn’t he just a doll?!” she giggled out excitedly, ignoring the other vampire who was still hunched over me.

“I guess you’ve met Vincent? Mikey stated, giving the vampire a lust filled look.

“What?!” I stated hopelessly, please-no-anything but- “Ya, that’s Vincent, he’s sharing a room with Jasper and Gabriel, and, of course my bed is always welcome!” Mikey winked, causing me to slam my head on my desk, Tundry, to giggle, and Vincent to cringe, and walk away quickly.

At least Mikey was good for something, scaring away creepy men!

As long as Tundry and Mikey, sat next to me, Vincent left me alone! Which I was extremely grateful for. What did shock me was, as soon as, Vincent left us alone, he walked straight over to Fredrick, and patted his shoulder in that weird manly bonding way. Fredrick looked up and smiled at Vincent before pumping fists with the other vampire.

Men suck! Acting all cool and manly! It made me sick, come on, you don't see me being all squealing and shit towards Tundry, do you? I think not! Come on, how does Fredrick even know HIM? Didn't Fredrick just say, not all vampires were like Vincent? (Indirectly I know but still not important!) And now he is all buddy-buddy with that red headed psychopath! Come on, hypocrite table for ONE!

"Emmy, were you even paying attention? Mr. Sedgwick said we are having a short assessment over what we already know!" Mikey whispered, pointing to my new teacher, who was passing out packets down the rows.

Taking one of the packets, I immersed myself in French. Storing away the feelings that had surrounded me by the sight of Vincent. The French, helped me forget and store away the feelings of fear I was having. ' I knew I was safe, in front of all of these people he could not hurt me. Plus I was not the same little girl I was back then. I knew spells, I knew self-defense, I knew my abilities, and best of all I knew myself. I mean I was able to beat him once, why not again?' Thinking those things, and believing those things truly, was a whole another matter. I was able to find comfort though, as I clutched the key around my neck.

It only took me 15 minutes to finish the assessment. I was not the first one done, but I was pretty close to it. By the end of class, Mr. Sedgwick had finished grading the assessments and had passed them back to us.

"Some of you, I am amazed at! I received four perfect assessments! Vincent, Monique, Mikey, and Emelia, well done! Some of you though, I think, should brush up on your French!" he stated passing back our assessments, Mikey and I had 100%. Tundry stared wide-eyed at her score though, 42%. She was not a happy camper! Mumbling about how pathetic a tutor Puck was. I had no clue who Puck was, though. I brushed off the comment, giving her my best sympathetic look, as I packed my bag and exited the room at the sound of the bell.

My next class wasn't any better. It was Human History, which, would you believe I had with Jasper. Who knows how much of what I would be learning about, he has lived though? Jasper was extremely troublesome, disagreeing with every little thing our teacher, Mr. Kamebridge, said.

We were learning about the world, cultures, and their history around them. Jasper sought it upon himself to correct, each and every little mistake or stutter or pause the teacher uttered.

Instead of glowing at Jasper's advanced knowledge, and help by giving the correct information, Mr. Kamebridge seemed furious. Of course, that could be due to the fact that every word Jasper uttered was filed with distain, annoyance, boredom or sarcasm. At a certain point Mr. Kamebridge, grew so mad he made Jasper stand up and tested him, trying to get Jasper to make a mistake.

Mr. Kamebridge was a witch, or warlock if you prefer, although what type he was, I was not positive. He had short red hair and brown eyes. He was wearing a pair of jeans, and a large argyle sweater. He seemed to have an acne problem, as well as a splash of large freckles across his face. He was not very good looking in the least. And as he stared angrily at Jasper his face turning bright red he began.

"Name the First 13 Colonies of America!" he growled glaring at Jasper.
"Well if you insist Mr. Kamebridge,
Virginia,
Massachusetts,
New Hampshire,
Maryland,
Connecticut,
Rhode Island,
Delaware,
North Carolina,
South Carolina,
New Jersey,
New York,
Pennsylvania,
and Georgia."

"Who was the 16th president of the United States?"

"Abraham Lincoln," Jasper stated rolling his eyes

"Where does ‘War and Peace’ take place?" Mr. Kamebridge stated, now pissed more then ever.

"Russia," Jasper stated, yawning a fake yawn.

"What is the study of history?" Mr. Kamebridge barked out.

"The study of written documents," Jasper retorted.

"Who was involved in the 100 year war?"

"France and England."

"What side of the war was Romania on in WW2?" Mr. Kamebridge stated smirking

"Axis," Jasper said nonchalantly.

"How far is Cuba from the U.S?" Our teacher stated red in the face.

"90 miles," Jasper laughed out.

"Who painted ‘Child with a Whip’? What country was he from, and where does the art rest now?"

Jasper just rolled his eyes "This is not art class," He sighed annoyed.

"If you do not have the answer there is no excuse, sit down and SHUT UP!" Mr. Kamebridge retorted, turning around walking towards the board in the front.

"Pierre Auguste Renoir, born on February, 25, 1841 and died on December, 3, 1919. He was a French born painter, although the painting rests in the Hermitage, St. Petersburg, Russia. Can YOU name any of Vermeer’s artwork? You seem to really want to talk about art, Mr. Kamebridge!" Stated Jasper nonchalantly, rolling his eyes.

Mr. Kamebridge froze up and pivoted slowly toward us. I could see his whole face was beet red!

"GET OUT OF MY CLASS, RIGHT NOW!" He screamed out angrily loosing all aspects of self-control he had maintained during the heated conversation. Jasper just rolled his eyes, packed his bag and walked to the door only to stop. The whole time I was thinking, ‘Just go! Don’t stop, just leave.’ But he did not get my mental push or he just ignored it. And instead turned and smiled at me.

"See you at lunch Emmy, if you don't die from boredom and unfactual answers!" Jasper stated loudly, the whole class looking at him and then at me. I shrunk into my seat; trying to hide from the glare Mr. Kamebridge was giving me. I was annoyed at Jasper; it was one thing to get himself in trouble but a whole other thing to get the whole class in trouble. We now, thanks to Jasper, had to write a paper on an artist, due at the beginning of class on Thursday.

The rest of that class was grueling, and seemed to go on for hours before the bell to leave finally rang.

My next hour, I was unsure of. Lunch. The maps said that the school food court portal was in a tree on the side lawn. You heard me right, a huge hollowed-out tree served as our portal shack, and around the tree were small picnic tables and benches. Which were already buzzing with activity, by time I reached them.

I was unsure what to do, although I was a witch and had heard of Portal shacks, and such, I had never used one before, so I was apprehensive as I walked into the hollowed-out tree. The inside of the tree was extremely cool. Moss and ivy hung about, the tree was twice my size and was completely hollow. It was open with the front and back in round archways. In the center of the hollow tree was a glowing white ball about the size of a basketball floating in the air, propelled by magic, it kept its hovering position. Timidly I edged my way over toward the glowing ball of light. I lightly brushed my fingers over the edges of the white floating orb of light, only to feel a whoosh of air, making me blink, only to realize I was now standing in a large mall food court of such. The portal had been made flawlessly. I had not even felt the change in astral plains. Who ever had made the portal had known what the hell they were doing, that’s for sure!

The food court was just that, a food court colored in bright designs and textiles, the room was filled with hundreds of small food joints most were open in this room others were just signs above doors. I decided upon going to some sandwich shop called Panaras. I had never heard of the place, but it seemed okay all and all, so walking over I got myself a chicken salad sandwich, a water bottle, a giant cinnamon cookie, and chips. I was searching the crowd when Mikey bumped into me. He seemed to be in a hurry and did not even notice me as he ran after Tundry who was just ahead of me.

“Give me my blueberry muffin back! I paid for it!” Mikey whimpered at a smirking Tundry.
“The food is free, for one thing, and for another, you are allergic to blueberries. Your throat will swell up and you’ll suffocate!” she stated shaking her apple red curls furiously. They were so wrapped up in their conversation, that I was able to make an escape, clutching the bag; my lunch was in, I was able to make it through the portal and back to the school, without anyone annoying me. I wanted to be alone, some where quiet, where no one would look for me, yet I wanted to still be able to hear the bell so I would not be late to my next class, so quietly slinking away from the crowd I slipped into the school.

I took out my map, and found where I was going. It was at the very back of the castle, that I found the chapel; it was the whole entire southwest tower. Which consisted of a network of rooms on each floor, in the corner of each of the rooms was a spiral staircase leading to the next floor. The first room I entered was on the first floor. It was made out of light aged brown bricks, floor to ceiling, the room seemed more of a waiting room than a chapel. There were four hat holders, a few jacket wracks, and a table set up with pamphlets, not to mention cork boards and calendars, telling all about activities to come, services, and mass. Ignoring them I walked slowly up the stairs and into the room above it.

The room I was standing in was the main chapel room; it held twenty rows of pews. The alter in front held a chalice, and two long white candles, as well as other ceremonial objects. The windows were stain glass, letting droplets of light through their color filled murals. As I looked around I noticed that I was not alone, sitting slumped in a pew, was someone I did not expect to see, Tristan. Sitting next to him, was a man in black, they had not noticed me yet, because they were facing forward. So I watched, from behind was Tristan whispered something to the man. Tristan’s head was resting on the pew in front of him; his arms stretched over the top of the pew, even from behind I could tell he was upset. The man patted Tristan on the back before getting up. He looked at me nodding his head before going out the door marked Office. The man must have been the priest working here, that Ripplye had mentioned earlier.

Quietly I turned my back on Tristan, and started to walk away, only to stop myself at the stairs, looking back I realized I could not just leave him there, looking so utterly defeated. I could not, would not, leave him alone, when he was in such turmoil. I understood how he felt. Even if it had nothing to do with loosing his parents in death, I assumed it would be worse to loose his family because they did not love him enough to be banished with him, or fight enough for him. At least that was what I believed was wrong. Really I knew nothing about Tristan, nor had he been particularly nice to me before but, it was hard to forget although he said hurtful things to me, he did not leave me there bleeding on the floor. So I could not consciously leave him here.

So slowly I turned back around and walked over to his pew, slowly sliding down the row until my leg was almost touching his. He seamed not to notice me, or at least, not to acknowledge my presence. I pulled out my lunch, looking at it then Tristan, and then my watch; I realized that he could not have had time to get any lunch.
I tapped his shoulder softly. He finally looked up at me, a scowl on his face, trying to cover up the look of patheticness that seemed to surround him. Frowning slightly I noticed that his eyes were puffy and red, like he had been crying. Forcing a smile, I handed him half of my sandwich and the cinnamon cookie. I also put the chip bag in between myself and Tristan. I felt slightly bad at what I had done when separating our food, it was not right to use magic on people, without their knowing, but I wanted to help. When handing him the food, I had casted a silent and basic spell on it.

When he ate the food, he would feel comfortable and less stressed. It was a family spell, one that I had twisted a bit and made less severe, because before I fixed it the spell had been used as a spill-your-guts spell. The spell would fill you with comfort, and help relieve stress, causing the person to feel very trusting with the caster of the spell, and spill his/her guts about anything and everything. I had died it down a bit. To a simple ‘pick-me-up’ spell, yet I was unsure of the magnitude of the spell because I did it silently.

“Thank you, Emmy, But I don’t get why you are here, or why you cared about my… distress.” Tristan whispered slowly, before nibbling on the end of the cookie. I took a bite out of my untampered sandwich before answering him. “I like to be alone, it’s what I know, and I care because even after how you treated me, you helped me after I fell. You didn’t have to, but you did. Anyways we are all flawed, some more than others, but it doesn’t mean that we should be ignored or looked down upon for. That Tristan, is why I care!” I stated taking a chip, the only thing I did not tamper with that Tristan ate. We ate in silence for the next few minuets, before I finally asked him what was wrong.

“Why are you so upset?” I asked meekly.
:
”You would not understand, you are Chloe’s friend” Tristan replied to my question.

“Wow, color coated and put away, already.” I sighed out.

“What?” Tristan asked confused.

“You said I’m just Chloe’s friend, which means you think that because I’m Chloe’s friend I would never be able to understand where you are coming from, or who you are, if I was just Chloe’s friend, would I have stayed?” I asked not looking at him.

“Yes… Chloe’s friend would… enjoy basking in my agony...” He stated smirking. I only gave him a look to say, ‘Oh really now’, before I seemed to realize I was not here to mock him.

“So tell me what is wrong!” I stated exasperatedly.

“I-um it’s kind of hard to explain to people.” He sighed out.

“Try me.” I stated, smiling nicely at him.

“It’s everything, its my life, I’m just struggling to stay afloat!” he exclaimed suddenly.

“It must be hard to be banished, and have to leave everything and everyone, behind, especially your family. You must miss them a lot.” I sighed out thinking about how I would feel if it was me in his place.

“I never really had much to leave behind anyways, and really, I only miss my sister. I was always the black sheep of the family, my banishment and then becoming a fallen only added to the long list of shame I have caused them.” He whispered looking away.

“Black sheep?” I asked confused.

“I’m a freak!” he admitted baring his head in his hands.

“I couldn’t help but laugh at that. Tristan, a guy who’s picture could be on Mimi’s wall of half dressed male models, with his shirt on and still look the best, thought of himself as a freak?! Was this really happening, or did Hecate steal my hearing?

“Really Tristan, unless you have a conjoined twin growing in your body, or webbed feet, I seriously doubt you are a freak.” I giggled out.

“All pure angles have blonde hair and blue eyes, I have never had that, from the moment I was born I was a shame to my family, they dyed my hair and forced me to wear color contacts. When everyone found out, I was ostracized, not banished, but no one wanted their kids to be around the tarnished one! Parents told their kids to hate me, so they did,” he said, clearly trying to take as much emotion out of the statement as he could.

“I know how you feel, my eyes caused the same thing to happen to me, you know I must ask though if that is why Chloe seams to hate you.” I whispered compassionately.

“Chloe, hates me because of many things, some little and some big, but I think some of it is because her father brain-washed her into believing I was evil. Chloe, Arya, Oliver and I use to do everything together before people found out. Our parents thought that it would be good for the Angelic community if important people grew up with their alliances, Oliver was the prince of the Unseelie Court, Arya is the youngest daughter of the Tiger diplomat from the shifters, Chloe and my fathers are both on the council of the Angels of Time. When people found out, our group was split up. Chloe was not allowed around me, Arya had to go with her, which left Oliver and me. Arya would still hang out with us when she could, but Chloe came first, Chloe has always come first. That’s just the way it is, that’s the way it will always be with Arya until—“ his eyes widened at what he was about to say, he seemed to choke on his own words, like saying what he was about to say would only confirm what we both knew. Arya was dying.

We seemed to sit there in silence, eating, neither wanting to continue our past conversation. Neither wanting to bring up those sickening words that would only confirm what I thought to be the truth.

We sat there neither knowing what to say until we heard voices. Near the stairs leading to the portal room stood a group of five people, who were speaking boisterously. The group consisted of two girls and three boys; differing in looks to such an extreme it was almost scary.

The two girls seemed to be in an argument. The girls looked absolutely nothing alike except for the pissed looks on their faces; the taller lanker girl was about 5’11 and decked out in leather and piercing, sporting a severe black bob and a slash of purple lipstick. The other girl was about 4’10 tiny like Tundry, with shoulder length strawberry blond hair, she could not be any older than 15, but with her hands on her hips and a knowing look in her indigo eyes she seamed far older.

“Face it K-A-R-M-A, religion is pointless, and only makes your life even worse.” Stated the taller girl.

“Religion is not pointless. Just because your life isn’t to your satisfactory doesn’t mean religion is pointless!” the smaller girl said in a soft voice that seemed either slow or spacey.

“Stop reading me like some book!” Growled out the tall lanky girl angrily. The smaller one just smiled sadly and said, “ It’s not my fault you scream everything, even your past, is just one big scream, if anything I should be asking you to keep it down… It gets quite annoying after a while.” The smaller girl giggled out, for some reason she did not take the fierce look the larger girl was giving her to heart. At that the larger girl’s face turned beet red, with anger.

“ If you have seen my past, and have seen me work, then you should know better then to anger me, Karma!” She stated, holding on to the offering table, gripping the wood hard.

“Ah… It’s the same with all of you, I have come to find out even you, Roxie?” The small girl whose name I could assume was Karma, stated offhandedly.

“Again, I do not understand such pointless riddles,” Roxie stated not as furious but still extremely annoyed.

“It is the undoing of your species, although werewolves are strong… they lack the ability to bite their tongue and understand when they are out matched, to a werewolf all that matters are body size and strength, they never put into fact that the person who they are facing may have far exceeded them in mental capability and powers, not to mention alliances…. Of course you are young and still… trainable, even a dog, can learn to stay away from danger, but werewolves just come back for more. Pity, putting such strength to waste on such an undeveloped mind.” Stated Karma venomously, before turning around.

Roxie was absolutely pissed now. It seemed in slow motion as I realized what she was doing, Roxie had grabbed the Alter wine, prepared for that nights mass, and had thrown it with such speed I could hardly see it whizzing through the air until it hit Karma right in the back of the head. The wine drenched Karma in the sticky grape juice. Karma pivoted, looking at Roxie straight in the eyes she slapped her right across the face. I was amazed at the fact that Karma could even reach Roxie’s face let alone be able to slap her as hard as she did. “Let that be a warning, next time you dare touch me, I will mess with your mind so bad, they will have to feed you through a tube, got it!?”

“Karma, Roxie! Both of you come here now!” Yelled out a voice. The girls both froze in place, everyone’s eyes turned toward the source of the sound, it was a new boy and girl who I did not see enter the room, The boy was middle eastern, with black hair and large almond eyes. The girl next to him had orange spiky hair and small green eyes. The room seemed to get far tenser, then it had been before. The girls walked forward slowly, a mixed look of fear and guilt situated on their faces.

“How many times must I tell you both not to make scenes? What will people think if the Chain-Gang, can’t even get along long enough for us to make a claim to the school, this type of behavior is why we are stuck here in the first place, instead of owning cities and living in our penthouses. We will never get the respect we deserve in the Magical world or even the low life Human world if we can not organize and cause fear to fellow creatures. You both will spend two hours after school, with me, helping me organize ‘The books’ “both girls groaned, saying sorry to the boy, before walking past Tristan and I hurriedly. The group seemed to disperse then, following the girls past us. None of them seamed to acknowledge our existence until the last boy came by, he gave me a smile that scared me worse then even Gabriel’s eyes or words. The only way I could explain his large red and yellow eyes, and the looks he gave was…

Evil.

I watched as the boy walked out of the room, although his gaze went with him, the chill upon my skin remained.

I looked at Tristan to see what he thought of the situation we had just witnessed, and I could tell from the look on his face he was not happy.

So it’s true, about Demons at the school, as well as the Chain Gang. I thought it was just a nasty rumor, it’s bad enough for Vampires and Werewolves to be here, but really what does Pandora expect inviting them, they can only bring destruction. Just look at the mess in here, and trust me it’s only the beginning!” he stated shaking his head sadly.

“Was the girl, I mean Karma, a Demon?” I asked befuddled. “No, I have no clue what she is, but I know for a fact she is not a Demon. The boy with the strange eyes though is defiantly one.” He laughed out sarcastically.

“ I don’t get it, what is the Chain-Gang?” I asked him.

“All they are is a bunch of stupid teens thinking that because of their bad childhoods and crap, that they can play God and have no consequences. They are just trouble; basically they are some punk gang. I would just stay as far away from them as you can, just look at the mess they created in here, they may have the power to do as they wish, but they have none of the control, that needs to come with such power.” He muttered angrily.
Looking up I noticed the mess on the floor; the juices’ purple color stood out brightly against the stone. The cup still lay on its side, looking strange and unusual under the light, as it lay unkempt upon the floor.

I could hear the bell as we both looked at the mess.

“Emmy, we had better get to class, I must clean up the mess they made, before I go, I’ll see you later.” Tristan said frowning at the mess of juice, as I stepped out of the pew, and started walking out of the Chapel, as I reached the door I gave him a wave.

“And Emmy, thank you for staying.” He smiled at me before continuing his work, and I hurried to my next class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Character of the Chapter:
Image
Congrats' Roxie, you rocked my Hart ;)
(Lolz had to use the pun!)(P.S. Chicago RULES!)
Sorry it took so long! I have been up to my ears in story ideas and such that I can hardly have time to spell check, I would like to dedicate this chapter to my friend, *and now all of yours!* Hello Kittii, because with out her none of you would be reading this chapter. THANK YOU! XD P.S. She is an amazing spell checker! and she never gave me any gruff!