Status: 215 pages of pure tantalizing story, (Writing Chapter 28, and all that goes with it!)

Our Deathly Love

Nancy Drew

Image

I sighed deeply as I plopped on the couch in between Tristan and Jasper. I was mentally and physically exhausted from this week’s classes.

“What are you groaning about?” Tristan moaned out. Looking over I almost laughed, he was laying back against the couch a math book propped open covered his face, from the looks of things I was not the only one tired of all the work we were expected to complete.

“Most schools have students take seven or eight classes, what was Pandora thinking when she gave us fifteen?” I said kicking my bag that was lying at my feet.

“Either she wants us to excel or thinks taking different classes everyday will help keep us out of trouble.” Jasper replied his eyes never leaving his clipboard as he worked on the latest Drama project this week.

“I hate the work, but Jasper has a point on both ends, we need classes that normal humans would be taking or we would never get into good colleges and jobs, yet we need to know more about what we are and other magical career options.” Tristan said taking the math book off of his head and closing it gently.

“It’s not as if you did not sign up for most of the classes anyways.” Jasper replied obviously not as tired from the work as we were.

“I’ll get by, but I mean do we really need a Magical History and Human History or a Magical P.E. and a Human P.E? All of those assignments and all of those teachers to remember is driving me crazy!” I said rolling my eyes.

“Emmy I saw your classes, and you would be less swamped if you dropped a language class, just saying, I only have 13 classes.” Jasper said smirking.

“French and Latin are amazing, I really don’t want to drop it, I was thinking about going into translating if I don’t become a herbalist.” I said dead serous.

“You are a tree hugger aren’t you?” said Tristan chuckling to himself.

“Like your one to talk Tristan, if it wasn’t for this tree hugger you would still be having back pain, and your wings would still look a mess.” I said giving him a smirk.

“She has a point, I can’t help but find it funny how Chloe freaked out when Emmy offered to help you, aren’t Angels suppose to be forgiving and all that jazz?” Jasper said bringing up the problem that had occurred earlier that week.

“When it comes to what is thought as religious-retribution they seem to forget that aspect.” Tristan said quietly as he rubbed his back. I could not help but laugh at the memory of Chloe’s face as she heard me trying to help Tristan. Apparently, when you become a Fallen the Angelic Community holds a ceremony and forces you to drink a poison of such, which affects your wings and back. That is why a Fallen’s wings are that disgusting black, oily color; the poison is intended to affect the decedents of all Fallen. As well as, cause pain in the wings as they come out and extreme back pain. It was suppose to remind them of the sins that they had committed, the Angels have a potion to relieve the pain of the forgiven, but to be forgiven you must erase your sins, and how could anyone erase a sin when asking for forgiveness is not accepted by the community?

I had found this out in the middle of the week and could not stop myself from offering to help. I had seen a potion in my book just a week before for back pain; under it was the word Fallen scribbled in Clarrissa’s curly penmanship. I had never used the potion that looked difficult to make, but I offered still the same. It would not destroy the poison living in Tristan and his wings would not go back to white, but it did relieve the pain, and caused his wings to look less oily and more dignified.

The school did not have my never-ending Grimoire that seemed to be filled to the brim with spells, incantations, potions, and other useful items, but I did. I realized that what knowledge I had was in great demand. I found myself to be given offers by friends and acquaintances of Tristan to make them the potion as well. I could not turn them down, and was even less able to turn down the money they planed on giving me. Rose herself was interested in the potion, I was not sure if I wanted to give it to her, I knew that she would send it to her dad and he would want to package it and bottle it and make it into a quick fix, which I did not want. The potion was mine; it was my families and not hers, it may seem weird but each thing in that book was a part of me and not something that I could just give away like it was cheap, Clarrissa had obviously worked very hard on that potion and giving it to Rose to sell at her wish would be selling Clarrissa out, and in turn selling myself out.

This was not an odd thought; Grimoires were the life and soul of a Witch. They held almost all of the information and life achievements of the holder, each book goes back decades, and shows the development of a family and magic. My book had over 30 holders. Each name wrote so differently upon the inside of the cover. The books were a never-ending pool of information, they could not be destroyed or altered, and new pages added at the end when needed magically appeared. What I found to be the most interesting aspect of the book was the fact that you could read the whole book and come back the next day (more like week the book was huge!) and new information, sections and pages would be magically there, or gone entirely. It was if the book had a mind of its own and would only do what it wished. I kept my book on me at all times; I never allowed the book to be far from my grasp. That book was my future and it was my past, an unshakable wall of certainty, which I loved.

Not all Witches have Grimoires some have been lost to the times and have not found suitable holders. The book finds you not the other way around. My mother never had one; the one I possessed came from my father’s side and taught me all that I knew about my powers that I did not fumble upon myself, that is.

“What are you thinking about?” Jasper asked his smile firmly upon his face. Yes, over the week the cocky, laughter enlightened smile that always grazed his face had become his smile. No one would be able to smile in such a way in my eyes.

"Just about this week." I said slowly watching as Jasper picked up a game controller, which was not uncommon half the time you would find any one of the guys sitting mindlessly in front of the big screen television lost to the world playing those loud and violent shoot-them-up games. Tristan and Jasper especially loved to sit for hours and play Fallout. I was not sure why though, every time I heard the sound of a shot being fired; which with the volume blaring could be anywhere in the house, I would unintentionally jump.

Jasper only mumbled a reply as he shot some random guy in the head.

"Head shot Niiiiiiiicccccccccceeeeeee one." Tristan replied laughing. Smirking at the change in pace from stressful to easygoing I looked at the clock and realized that it was already 5:20pm and Ripplye would be here soon, which meant that Chloe would becoming to harass us any moment.

"Tristan what are you doing tonight?" I asked looking at him, I thought that it would be a good idea to invite Tristan along because I felt that he was the only one who could truly control Oliver. As the week went on I became more and more nervous about going dancing tonight. It was not something that I was looking forward to.

I was not sure if I was happy that Jasper was going, I wondered if this was really a date or some friend thing. Which made it awkward. Oliver and his sexual-oriented looks did not help things at all or the comments I knew he would be making to Chloe. Speaking of Chloe, she was angry about everything, even when I told her the reason we had to go she was still angry, I had to wonder why I was even trying, Arya was Chloe's friend and Chloe did not seem to be worried, until I reminded her that Arya was going with Gabrial, who Chloe could not stand, because he was a Fallen and he flaked out on all of his chores.

"I have a date." Tristan said not bothering to look up from his game.

"With who?" I asked eyebrows raised.

"Angela Newberry" Tristan said still not looking at me, as he shot another person. I was extremely surprised, Tristan like Angela? Chloe said the girl was off her rocker and I had no trouble believing her, she had killed Lex’s parents and showed no remorse what’so ever.

“Tristan, Angela is crazy!” I replied in a high-pitched voice.

“She is eccentric, and a genius not crazy, Emmy.” Tristan said defensively.

“No dude really the girl is missing a few marbles if you know what I mean, you should have seen her in Art class, she got in a fist fight with a Demon, apparently she killed his parents! She was vindictive as hell about it too.” Jasper said peering out of the corner of his eyes at Tristan worriedly.

“That is Angie for you, sticking up for what she believes even if it scares the shit out of her. She acts cold to hide her fear. Angie has only killed two people before, in self-defense. They attacked her first, she was only questioning them about the deaths of a family of Angels, they attacked her, and threatened the entire fort, they had a gun and she was able to get it away from them, she told them to stand down and they would not. The wife pulled a second gun and shot at Angie so Angie shot her, she did what was needed to be done; to save the lives of the guards at the fort she controlled and her lower ranking officers. The husband came charging at her and she shot him as well, she told me that she had nightmares for months. She should not be persecuted for saving lives, Demons are unpredictable, and are better dead than alive. Chloe can think what she wants but she is wrong like she usually is. Angie is a good person and I will not treat her badly because others do not like her.” Tristan said not taking his eyes off of the screen.

Jasper and I gave each other looks, I felt horrible for judging Angie before I knew all of the facts, but I felt even worse for Lex who believed that his parents were innocent, or thought that what they had been accused of doing was not wrong. I had to give Angie credit she made herself look bad, instead of calling Lex out in front of everyone.

“I am never wrong Tristan, taking a life is unacceptable no matter the circumstances surrounding it.” Chloe said appearing out of thin air, which was something she did a lot. I idly wondered how long she had been listening to our conversation.

“You only sympathize with her because she is a Fallen. How crude are you to play such a game? Really we are expecting company and you are making a mockery of this household. Ripplye will be here any moment-get off.” Chloe said standing angrily, her long slender hands pushed in forcibly on her hips, sinking into the white apron she was wearing. Her dark blue eyes peered out in a glare as she tapped her white heel on the carpet.

“We are not done.” Tristan said ignoring Chloe.

I watched as Chloe ripped the controller out of Tristan’s hand and one of her long fingers pressed a oddly colored button and smirked as Jasper and Tristan’s characters blew up. Throwing the controller back at Tristan, Chloe smirked watching both the boys stare wide-eyed at her.

“Now children put away your toys and get serous.” Chloe said taking off her apron, I watched as she folded the material, her fingers brushed the bleach white surface with grace, dignity, and precision.

“It took us all week to get that far Chloe!” Tristan growled throwing the controller into the large wooden box that was labeled ‘Game-System’ looking around the room I realized that most things had labels on it, thinking about the kitchen made my head hurt, Chloe had a way of doing things, she had her own labeler for god’s sake.

The girl ordered people around like we were visitors in our own house, it made me a little annoyed, but Chloe kept things in order. She cleaned, cooked, and did the chores no one wanted to do. I would have to say that if it weren’t for Chloe and her OCD problems, the house would look like crap.

Still it was not easy living with her, she demanded perfection and had no trouble telling you that you were doing something wrong. Jasper was smart about things, he would do what Chloe asked and not say a single word about it, Tristan though would question every command, every request, every word that came out of her mouth, which would lead to another fight, frankly everyone tried to avoid being in the same room as Tristan and Chloe, because neither would leave the other one alone they were always picking at each other like a scab or an open wound, only stopping to let their latest insult sink into the other person and fester away at their soul.

I watched as the doorbell rang, everyone looked at each other for a moment before we could hear the sound of Ripplye’s sharp voice drifting from downstairs.

“Thank you Vincent'Dear for grabbing my things.” I quivered at the sound of her voice and the sound of Vincent’s name in general.

The week had been awkward, Vincent had made diminutive comments to me and did not try to approach me after his little argument with Oliver, but I always found him watching me with those cold, dead eyes of his. I knew he was only doing that to scare me so I had to fight my fear and show minimal reaction to his presence. Although I think Jasper understood something was going on between us because as Vincent’s name was spoken he gave me a worried look.

I watched, as the room filled in what seemed, like the time it would take a pin to drop. I sunk back into my seat between Tristan and Jasper, their presence next to me was comforting in an odd way. I had to admit I really did like them, and if I had to have friends they would be on the top of my list.

Tension filled the air as Ripplye took her seat her eyes scanned us hungrily.

“So have you picked a color to paint the house?” Ripplye said a small smile upon her face.

“Not yet we thought that it would be better to have you here so that you could witness the process.” Chloe said smiling. She was totally bull-shitting though, we had tried to bring the house conversation up earlier in the week but no one was able to agree with a color.

“We should paint the house black.” Rose said a smile on her face as she looked from me to Chloe. Rose knew that this would make Chloe angry.

“Black is a horrid color, white is far more decent.” Chloe said smiling full heartily.

“I like blue,” Tristan said ignoring Chloe.

“Red,” Vincent popped out quickly.

“Pink is superb!’ Sammy said a smile upon her face.

“We could paint it all of those colors and then everyone would be happy.” Mikey said shrugging his shoulders.

“That would be stupid!” Chloe replied rolling her eyes at Mikey.

“Mikey has a point Chloe.” Jasper said offhandedly.

“A rainbow house?” Chloe said rolling her eyes.

"No, if we paint the house white, depending on the light it could be black, pink, white, or red, a sea of endless possibilities.” Jasper said a small smile upon his face. I looked at him with my eyebrows raised. When had Jasper become so poetic?

Looking over at Ripplye my eyes became smaller as I sent her a gare. She was looking at Jasper like-like she was appraising him for some auction! She was far too old for him! Okay maybe not technically but physically and lets not forget professionally way to old and she is everyone’s therapist!

I had to wonder with the way she looks at the guys if she was here not because she wanted to help people but because she wanted to get a boyfriend. I understand a girl’s got to do what a girl’s got to do, but really? Cradle-robbing was so gross. You would think that someone who tries to look as professional as she puts on would not be into this type of thing. But it seemed that every few seconds she would send that hungry look at one of the boys. Beyond creepy if you ask me!

After a few more seconds of her looks she was able to wipe the drool off of her chin and start picking us apart like a biology student and his or her frog.

“Let’s start out with something easy, an icebreaker per se. I would like a few volunteers to tell me about how this week went any new friends, basically how are things going in your lives?” Ripplye said smiling her trademark paper-thin forced smile.

The room was quiet no one wanted to say a single word, no one. The room seemed stuffy and hot as eyes darted around the room uneasily, none wanting to draw her attention to themself.

“No Volunteers? What a shame! Fine I guess we will start with Ar-“ Before Ripplye could finish her sentence a voice rang out from behind me. I watched shocked as the youngest person in the house, whom I had only heard talk when asked questions, stopped Ripplye from going further on.

“I-I would be delighted to go first.” The boy said reassurance filling his voice as he continued on. I felt bad but I did not remember his name, he was pretty normal and shy. He was the Cat Shifter, or Neko; he had plain brown hair and light brown cat eyes that if caught in the right light would flash.

“Yes….. Um,” I watched as Ripplye took a quick look at her roster even she was unsure of his name. “Tenabe if I am not mistaken?” She said, forcing another smile, I could tell she was annoyed that the boy interrupted her next crusade on Arya.

“Um-yah, I wanted to say that I really like it here, but no one really gets along well, I really like hanging out with Sammy and Chloe though.” He said his eyes averted he could be no older than 13 or 14 years at the oldest. Let’s face it Ripplye didn’t give people warm and fuzzy feelings. I think that he was done talking at that moment, he only wanted to get the topic away from Arya but, he should have guessed that if he was going to take up Ripplye’s time he was going to have to talk more than a sentence.

“Why do you like it here?” Ripplye said crossing and then uncrossing her legs, her eyes flickered at the discomfort she was causing the boy.

“I really like my classes?” he said as if he was asking if that was the right answer. As if anything would be the right answer to Ripplye.

“Interesting, is that all?” Ripplye asked picking a loose thread off of her skirt.

“Yes,” he said ducking behind the couch again, boy did he not like confrontation! Although I had to admit he was nicer than we were, for a moment Ripplye had to get off track and for a moment seemed to forget about going after Arya, now that she had gotten someone to talk she was going to try and force something out of everyone.

I watched as a smile appeared on her face. This smile was different from the rest, it was real, not forced and had the feel of malevolence to it.

“I think that this would be a good idea to get you guys to talk about your parents! Mimi I would like you to start first, tell us about whom your parents are, what they do for a living and perhaps a lovely sentiment about your childhood.

“My parents are rich of course, we live in California, in the second largest mansion on my street. I had a wonderful childhood! My father is a wealthy businessman and my mother runs the Little Miss Pageants!” Mimi said a smile on her face, this seemed to appease Ripplye who nodded and gestured to Mikey.

“I live on the same street as Mimi, but my house is the largest, I live with my older brother and Moms.” Mikey said his eyes beaming.

“You mean mom.” Ripplye said correcting him.

“No, I mean moms, I have two.” Mikey said still smiling.

“How very.... modern.” Ripplye said rolling her eyes, homophobic much? Ripplye called on Sammy next but again Rose tried to answer for her, actually I had to admit I had never heard Sammy speak before except when she said she wanted pink for the house color. She was an odd girl, she wore elaborate dresses filled with lace and ribbons, she always carried really creepy looking dolls and muttered to herself as well.

“Rose, I asked Sammy, you seem apprehensive to let her speak, why is that?” Ripplye said smiling almost laughing at Rose, I watched as Rose’s face turned red and her eyes shifted into her evil glare.

“No reason, Sammy is just quiet.” Rose said tucking a piece of bang behind her ear.

“We had a marvelous childhood, wouldn’t you agree?” Sammy said in a high sweet voice, at first I thought she was talking to Rose but then I realized as well as the rest of the room that she was talking to her…doll…

“Yes, Lizzie, my family is amazing isn’t it?!” She said definitely talking to the doll. Crazy; table for one, please?

“Samantha, are you talking to a doll?” Asked Ripplye her eyes filled with a fire that I had only seen when she was talking to Arya.

“We hate to be rude, but Lizzie is becoming tired of everyone calling her a doll, she is not amused in the least sense of the word.” Sammy said a frown placed upon her face.

“If she is not a doll what is she?” Ripplye said smiling softly at Sammy.

“We get this a lot, I am not crazy, she is a Vault, not a doll.” Sammy said her smile becoming sickeningly sweet. My eyes became large, I had read about Vaults but never seen one.
moder
Vaults were dangerous, and horrible, completely immoral in every way. I was shocked that Sammy had enough power to have one, it took a lot of power to control one, let alone to keep it in her presence at all times.

“Vaults are illegal, and dangerous, for a Witch of your age to hold one is, preposterous, I should report you at this instant!” Ripplye said her eyes wide as she stared at the girl.

“I have a permit, and I will do as I wish, I collect them; you have no clue how hard it is to find interesting Vaults.” Sammy said her eyes filling with anger. I still could not get over the fact that she owned Vaults. They were extremely rare, and almost impossible to find on one’s own.

I had come across the mention of creating a Vault a few times in my Grimorie, Clarrissa had a few spells for creating one. Vaults have been around for thousands of years, although the only holder to describe Vaults in my book was Clarrissa, I imagine not because of the inability to make one but because of the morality involved.

Vaults can only be created by a Necromancer or a Reaper, because no other magical creature can handle or move the soul as we can. Some Vaults are even in human museums, they are known in the human world as shrunken heads; yes those tiny disgusting heads actually hold significant power. Although many are not real, some do actually hold a soul within. Vaults can be anything with a face, some human characteristics must be present to trap the soul, mostly because owner’s of Vaults wish to talk to them, yes Sammy was not as crazy as I though only the owner of the Vault can control and talk to it. So if that was really a Vault she was holding up an actual conversation. I had to wonder what type of Vault she owned though; lately most Vaults were used as eternal damnation by the Angels for atrocious killers, which made me wonder if the doll in question was not bought off of the Red Market, or better known as the Blood Market. It was the magical equivalent to the Black Market the humans had. Vaults took extreme power to keep control of if not taken care of properly they could become evil. Vaults are dangerous they have been used in killing others before, The Bell Witch was actually a Vault which was buried under the Bell household the Witch was able to pull the spirit out of the Vault to cause harm to the family and then push it back in once it was done doing her bidding. The only way to get rid of a Vault is to send it to hell, or as close as you can get it to there, meaning that most caves are the perfect place to drop one. The evil is never really gone and the place is cursed of course but the Vault would not be able to leave the entrance of the cave.

The only reason the spell was even in my book was because Clarrissa wrote down everything, she felt that her decedents and owners of the book should have every scrap of information available whether it is in the form of White or Black Magic. I will admit that some of my relatives who owned the book were not always good people in normal standings, Clarrissa being one of them. I did not think others would understand if I told them how I looked up to her, although some of the things that she did to people were horrible, she has helped me understand things and kept all doors open for me, I feel as though when I read her writing as if she is in the room with me, helping me absorb all of the information that I am presenting, she is a mentor to me, even if she has been dead for over a hundred or so years.

“I am uneasy as to leave you here with a Vault, they are hard to control, and you are very young.” Ripplye said eying everyone with real worry, which was nice for a change she was showing some non-fake emotion.

“I have passed the test, and have enough power to control Lizzie Borden, as well as my other Vaults.” Sammy said filled with pride.

“Other? You have more than one?” Ripplye said worried.

“She has 30, in all.” Rose said pulling at her sleeves and biting her lips nervously as though they had been caught in doing something very wrong.

“That is impossible!” I gushed out unable to stop myself. It was nearly unfeasible to have one Vault but 30?

“I am highly skilled, this is my life, Vault holding is a gift of mine, no matter how many I have I do not loose power, it is a skill that I have had since birth, I am meant to have Vaults and one day I believe that I will be able to create my own, with the help of my Vaults of course. This is a type of magic no different from Rose’s visions or your knack for herbs. It is only practical that I excel my talents is it not?” Sammy said smiling at me with an odd creepy smile.” Practicality is not in question here Samantha, I can not just sit by and allow you to put your house mates lives in risk. Vaults are evil, and are not something that should messed with, in particular with the presence of a Reaper or a Necromancer, I do not know if this is ignorance or stupidity on your part." Ripplye said eying Tristan and I. It took only a second for me to realize that she was talking about the possibility of Tristan or I releasing the Soul and allowing it to wander free, with no master at all. Something only evil would come out of.

"I am insulted in the little faith you lay in me." I growled out at her.

"Necromancer's are not known for their oh, how can I say this, um moral values? Not to mention a vengeful Fallen." Ripplye said thinking her comment would harm me, which it did not, if anything it made me proud, this shallow bitch was afraid of me. The comment seemed to sting Tristan though.

"Pandora is your boss, is she not?" Rose interjected.
"Yes" Ripplye said annoyance clear as day upon her voice, apparently someone did not enjoy our headmistress.

"She knew of my sister's toys, and still placed us all here, so I think you have been overruled and you should get back to what Pandora is paying you for." Rose said a smirk held high on her face. Everyone watched shocked as Ripplye's face grew dark, her face becoming red, I could hear the sound of her teeth as they aggressively rubbed against each other.

I watched shocked as she turned her attention to me, as if I was the source of all of her problems.

"Tell me of your family, Necromancer." Ripplye said her eyes like daggers her lips pulled back into a snarl. I found it rude of her to use my type instead of my name. but I still complied with her command with as little disdain as I could muster, but I was unable to hold most of my anger in.

"My mother is a herbal-healer, and my father use to work for the logging industry. There have been worse childhood's than mine, is that what you were wanting, Witchling?" I had a feeling by the look on Ripplye's face that I had guessed on the nail, her blood was not thick enough on any type to give her a specialty like Rose, Karma, or I's. She was the low class of the Witches. Which would show her disgust for my type. I did not feel that she needed to know that my father was dead, sadly this happened to be one of those small times Vincent decided to speak.

"Lying is unbecoming, you have no father, do you not remember our meeting Emelia? If I am not mistaken he is dead." Vincent said a smirk placed on his dark lips. I watched as a few of my housemates’ expressions varied between pity, indifference, hurt and in the case of Ripplye, Vincent, and Gabrial, enjoyment?

“Interesting that that should come out! Emelia why did you feel that you had to lie about your family, is there something you want to tell us perhaps? Also how do you know Vincent I think everyone would like to know.” Ripplye said a smirk upon her face. I was now fully convinced that she was trying to cause me pain. She was truly an evil person.

“I did not lie, I said that he use to work in the logging industry. I felt that it was none of your business in fact I think that you do not deserve to know about my family, or how I know Vincent.” I growled at her as anger pulsed through my veins, she had no right to intrude and I knew exactly how Arya felt now.

“That is why you will always be bitter and lonely, if you can not come to grips with your life and be able to share it with others you will be unhappy, I am just trying to help.” Ripplye said a small smile upon her thin lips, as she enjoyed my distress. I looked around the room as people stared and evaluated me, I felt like a speck under a microscope.

“If you keep acting fake, and intrude in other people’s lives like it is any of your business, you will continue to be lonely and pitiful.” Tristan said a smirk on his face. I watched as Ripplye ignored his comment a twitch in her eye was the only indicator that she heard his remark.

“Vincent, I will ask you then, how do you know Emelia?” Ripplye said a smile on her face she thought she had won. Vincent hated me so why would he keep what he did a secret.

“I met her once as a child, I knew her mother, that is all.” Vincent said lying his ass off, very convincingly I might add. Vincent was a good actor I was not sure why he would not just put it out in the open what happened. Maybe he disliked Ripplye as much as I? Or even more likely he didn’t want people to know he was beaten up by a nine year old. Either way, my secret was still intact and Ripplye moved on to another target.

“Tristan how is your relationship with your family?” Ripplye said getting him back for his comment earlier.

”I am a Fallen.” Tristan said soullessly.

“That was not what I was asking Mr. Stone.” Ripplye replied using Tristan’s last name.

“My father is the Reaper of the Council for C.A.T. and my Mother does her job as being the perfect housewife, of a politician, I have a younger sister named Meredith and an older brother named Mark. I had a privileged childhood up until I was ten or so.” Tristan said his eyes glazed over as if he was not even in the room.

“You must be proud of your family, although it must have been hard for you to have such interesting features.” Ripplye said not smiling anymore, she was obviously talking about Tristan’s brown hair and eyes.

“They are cowards, and I do not care for them except Meredith.” Tristan said ignoring her comment on his appearance.

“Arya, what about you? How is your relationship with your parents? It must be hard on them knowing that you have Albinolicaphoben, being hereditary and all.” Ripplye said a small smile upon her face.

“You have no right to tell people what is wrong with me! How dare you! I love my parents and it is not their fault!” Arya growled her eyes swirling their bright brown wolf like color.

“Now, now, how long were you going to hide it from them? Are you going to tell them about what you have or should I?” Ripplye said shaking her head sadly.

“Albino-lica-phoben, is a hereditary cancer of sorts, that only affects shifters.” Arya said her eyes filled with hatred.

“It develops in the body over the person’s childhood and become apparent in the teenage years. The first signs of it are increased athletic ability, because the muscles are becoming more elastic, then the hair turns white destroying the pigments of color. By that time cure is impossible, the person will die, in five or less years. The body eats away at it’s self, the death is horrendous and painful. An evolutionary dead end, as some say. It is a disgrace to the family and the victim because it only affects those shifters with traces of human blood. Shifters’ like Angels’ pride themselves on pure lines, as do most the of the magical community.” Ripplye added not impressed with Arya’s description.

“Thank you for stating the obvious.” Arya said annoyance firm in her voice.

“Many are not aware of what that it is, seeing as it’s quite rare to have this. There are cures, becoming a Werewolf, Vampire, Ghost, or Fae, will cure Albinolicaphoben, but it is even more of a disgrace to have yourself cured, because then you are thought of as a coward, to cure yourself is to banish yourself in the Shapeshifter community. Some like Arya would rather die than disgrace her family, if I am not mistaken?” Ripplye said smiling at Arya.

“You are pathetic, and sicken me.” Arya said anger filling her eyes.

“It is a little late for that, don’t you think?” Ripplye said a twinkle in her eyes. I watched as Arya stood up her hands balled into fists.

“Think before you act, little girl.” Ripplye said her eyes piercing at Arya. I watched as Arya sat back down.

“Good little dog. Tristan, Chloe, you have been friends with Arya for a while now, what do you think about Arya’s choice?”

“She should do as she wants, she is upholding her family honor.” Chloe said a serious look upon her face.

“She is being stupid and bullheaded, death is not something to mess around with, and you get no second chances or a do over.” Tristan said anger filling his face.

“She is doing what she believes in!” Chloe said anger pooling in her eyes, I knew at that moment that this argument was not about Arya but about yet again Tristan and Chloe.

“What she believes in is wrong!” Tristan yelled.

“You are as stupid as Oliver, she is doing the honorable thing for her family.” Chloe growled.

“Oliver and I are not stupid, this is not some game Chloe, this is not something that should be allowed, and if it was up to me she would already be cured.” Tristan said rage filling his face.

“Well it is not up to you, because you are incompetent, this is up to Arya, she is doing something honorable, something you would know nothing about.” Chloe said jabbing at him with her words.

“There is a difference from being honorable and being a bigot.” Tristan said yelling at Chloe yet again.

“If you have something you want to say, say it to my face!” Chloe snarled.

“Well, in fact I do princess, you are nothing more than a shallow, vengeful bigot, who judges everyone on what she believes is right and not what is really right or wrong!” Tristan growled out.

”You are a disappointment as a child and an Angel, and are nothing more than an emo Fallen who works as some pompous prince’s hired help, no one wants you, and you would be better off dead.” Chloe screamed out rage filling her voice as her eyes filled with tears.

“I hate you both so much! For once this was not about how you guys hate each other, this was not about what the other one did to each other, this was about me, and you can’t even get along long enough to talk about whether what I am doing is right or not, the one thing about dying that will be gratifying is not having to listen to the two of you anymore.” Arya cried out running from the room.

My mind was fuzzy as I watched Arya dash from the room so quickly it was like she was never here in the first place. No one said a word, no one breathed, it was like all of the life was sucked out of the room. The things she said, the things that were happening to her, made people second-guess. Tristan and Chloe both knew that they had fucked up bad, it was apparent upon their faces. As well as, the faces of everyone else in the room. No one felt like talking anymore, if we ever felt like talking to Ripplye in the first place that is. As everyone shuffled out of the room Ripplye's voice could be heard clearly over our shoulders.” If you step one foot out of this room you all will be sorry!"

I in particular just rolled my eyes as I followed Chloe and Tristan down to Arya's room. I needed to know if we were still going to have to have to spy on her tonight or not. I knew that that was a cold thing to be thinking about. Arya was in distress and all I was thinking about was whether or not I had to get dressed up and go out. A part of me did care though if she was alright, which I was shocked about, even after everything that happened this week I was still unused to caring about other people except my mother and I. It was weird caring, wanting to help. I had always looked out for myself and my mother's feelings, but now... I don't know, I feel as though I needed to help everyone. I was far kinder than I ever thought I would be.

Which is why as Chloe and Tristan pounded on Arya's door, I too was on edge about her well fare. Strange as of a week ago I could have cared less about the people that shared my house. Maybe Pandora was right, maybe just maybe people could learn to get along, or at least tolerate each other.

If that ever was to happen it was far off, like something that my mind could picture but not grasp, like trying to catch fog.

"Arya, please come out!" Tristan said hitting the door with his fist, a desperate look upon his face.

No reply came from inside the room.

"Arya, you are being unreasonable!" Chloe said tapping her heel on the ground anger and sadness filled her face as she again clutched her hips digging her perfectly manicured nails into her skin.

I sunk to the ground laying my head against the wall jumping slightly as I heard a shattering sound hit the other side of the door, only inches away from Chloe's face.

"Arya, if that was my Tiffany vase, so help me!" Chloe said anger poring into her face. Arya's silence was finally broken with the sound of an angry animistic growl. Than the sounds of things hitting walls, some shattering, others just thumping. Arya was pissed. I could hear her crying and screaming in anger and sadness from out in the hallway.

Tristan's eyes, which had been swirling with sadness now turned to worry.

"Arya, what are you doing? Open the door now!" Tristan said giggling the doorknob. I watched my eyes widened as the doorknob broke off in his hand. The boy was strong what else do I have to say? I was not even sure if it was magically strong, or just the fact that Tristan spent time in the gym. Last time I checked Angels were not amazingly strong, so I was going to go with the second choice.

Chloe darted in front of Tristan and opened to door before he was able to do it. I could not see the room from the position I was sitting in, but I could see Chloe and the look on her face and could tell that it was bad.

Grasping the wall I pulled myself up and walked over to see part of the room in shambles. It was easy to tell who lived in what part of the room, the bed and wall closest to the closet was covered in dolls/Vaults, and was obviously Sammy's. Arya's was easy to distinguish because she had a large cork board above her bed filled with medals from various sports, as well as pictures of people that resembled her and also old pictures of what looked like Tristan, Chloe, Oliver and her as children.

I could see what had been Chloe's sterile, clean, perfect room, before Arya had um... Redecorated?

"What have you done?!" Chloe gasped, hand over her mouth as she stared at her room. I watched as Tristan sighed in relief. Arya, refused to acknowledge any of our presences. She was now rummaging though her closet, throwing anything that did not meet her standards or was in her way.

"Why are you so happy do you not see my room?" Chloe growled motioning to her things, if the shards of glass were anything to say, Arya had in fact shattered that Tiffany Vase that Chloe had cared so deeply about. As well as, thrown everything including Chloe's mattress off of her bed. White rose petals that I assumed where in the vase littered the ground.

"You can clean up a room, I thought she might have been...." Tristan stopped there as he watched wide-eyed as Arya started stripping. I quickly pushed Tristan out of the room and walked over to Arya.

"What are you doing?" I asked refusing to let her ignore me, like she did the other two.

"What does it look like I am doing, changing you stupid Witch." She said growling, pushing me away from her as she continued to undress and then redress herself, shamelessly in front of Chloe and I, and if I had allowed it Tristan. That really stung. I had done nothing to merit her anger, or being pushed.

"Don't bother Emmy, she does not know what she is doing." Chloe said picking up her things, each action having meaning and fluid motion behind it.

"I know exactly what I am doing!" Arya growled in response. I understood exactly what Chloe was saying, Arya's eyes were in their wolf-like state and she was acting more like an animal than a person at the moment.

"So you normally strip in front of people and guys in general?" I asked eyebrow rose.

"It was just Tristan." Arya said not answering my question.

“Why?” I asked confusion setting on my face.

“Like I said I am getting dressed, I have a date.” Arya growled pulling on some impossibly tight black pants.

“Arya, you are upset and need to stay home, or you will do something you will regret.” Chloe told Arya dauntingly.

“News’ flash Chloe, you are not my mother, and I am going to have a good time. Whether you like it or not!” Arya replied defiantly as she pulled on a warped and ripped shirt that did not even cover her midriff.

“You are not going out looking like that, put some respectable cloths on Arya!” Chloe yelled stomping her foot yet again on the ground.

“I look hot!” Arya said motioning to herself.

“You look like a prostitute.” Chloe replied crudely.

“The term is sexy Chloe!” Arya shot back, in her defense.

“No the term is vulgar.” Chloe said offhandedly.

“You know what Chloe, you really need to get a life.” Arya snapped back, as she pulled on a small brown leather jacket and matching boots.

“I have a life Arya, taking care of you and everyone else.” Chloe screamed out hands furrowed yet again into her hips. Everyone was quiet for a moment, I watched as Arya picked up her purse and headed out of the room. She only stopped to look back at Chloe and softly reply. “I never asked you to.” Before disappearing out of sight but entirely not out of mind.

I watched Chloe quietly wondering as to what she would do, and surprised at her lack of ideas, or movements.

“Tristan?” Chloe called out suddenly, her voice vulnerable filled with sorrow that even registered in her face. Even Chloe seemed to have moments where she was less than perfection. Or a set of things she thought of as perfection, that is.

“Yes?” Tristan replied as he sauntered into the room. His face was grave, and I had a feeling that although Tristan and Chloe hated each other, or said they did at least, that Arya would forever connect them and on some manner they felt the same about her.

“Did she-“ Chloe was broken off by Tristan’s sudden answer.

“Yes, she left, with Gabrial of all people.” Tristan said shaking his head.

“Even you disapprove of them going out?” Chloe said confusion written upon her face.

“Yes, normally I would tell you that being a Fallen is meaningless, but the boy gives me the creeps.” Tristan said biting his lip nervously.

My mind screamed at me to tell them the truth, it was not that I did not plan to, but at that moment I did not want to face both of their allegations at the same time. I knew that I could not keep the truth from Tristan; I knew that I had to tell him soon, or he would be furious with me and not Gabrial for what happened. He would be angry enough to know that I had held this information so long as it was.

I knew that if everything backfired that I had to tell a neutral party. Someone that I knew would not react as deeply or as angrily as Chloe, Tristan, or Oliver might react. Gabrial knew that I knew his plan, which was bad. Which is why after tonight I decided that I would find Jasper alone and tell him what I had found out.

“If Gabrial and Arya have left already we must hurry up and get ready, or we might miss them at the Club.” I said grabbing Chloe as I tried to lead her out of the room.

“How very Nancy Drew of you Emmy.” Tristan replied chuckling.

“Who?” I asked giving him a weird look.

“Really? Nancy Drew is this rich-blonde girl who gets into other people’s businesses and spies and solves mysteries.” Tristan said smirking slightly.

“A- I’m not blonde, B- I’m not rich, and C- I am not solving a mystery.” I said matter-a-factly.

“But you are digging into Arya’s business and spying on her. Wait I change my mind, you are acting very Chloe like.” Tristan said laughing as he left the room.

I rolled my eyes at Tristan’s comment as I grabbed Chloe by the shirt and pulled her out of her room and to mine.

Chloe and I went up to my room, finding it almost empty, like usual. Mimi was never home, I had no clue where she was at, most likely out with her cheer team. Yes, no matter how clichéd it was, Mimi was the Cheer-Caption of the School. Not that she got that position from being the bitchiest or the fakest person at the school. Like in most high-school dramas. She got it for pure talent; Mimi often talked about (when she was actually here) taking 12 years of gymnastics. Apparently when she was in Pageants when she was younger she would use tumbling as her talent, and stuck with it after she quit pageants.

Rose was present though, which made Chloe suddenly cautious. Rose and Chloe did not really get along. I think that Chloe in a way was afraid of Rose because of how she dressed and acted.

“It must be a bitch convincing people to like you, the way you look down on others.” Rose said nonchalantly. Chloe ignored her as if she had not even spoken.

“Why do I need to be here? I have my own cloths.” Chloe asked a bit on the snobby side.

“You do not go to a club in a white dress and tights, you will stick out like a sore thumb.” I replied walking over to my closet and pulling out things that made Chloe give me dirty looks.

“I am not wearing that!” She replied annoyance filling her voice.

“Why not? It’s not like I am asking you to dress like Arya, just wear something not white or extremely light.” I replied rolling my eyes as I threw a dark blue dress at her.

Chloe held up the dress as if it were filth. Which insulted me, the dress was classic. The royal blue material looked well put on the simple cuts of the dress. It was simple that was true but I thought that was something Chloe would be able to appreciate. The top was not too revealing but in a simple box cut, like a tunic almost. The sleeves went to the elbows, and did not have some ridiculous puff, or yards of fabric, tight and to the point. Although I thought that it might be a bit loose on Chloe, for she was smaller than me. It had an empire waist. A small design in a darker blue ran delicately around it, accentuating the waist. The dress was not long, but not short as well and cut off below the knees, flowing out from the body. It was a very lovely dress in short, and was one of my favorites and to see Chloe so carelessly throw it down, hurt.

I must have given away some look of displeasure because after looking at my face Chloe smiled at me softly and took the dress. Not making another fuss in the matter, which I found surprising, for Chloe at least.

“What are you going to wear, Emmy?” Chloe asked giving me a skeptical look.

“This, I think.” I replied holding out a simple gray dress. I thought nothing was wrong with it, but Chloe and Arya seemed to disagree.

“If I have to dress up Emmy you do as well, plus I am not the one actually on a date!” Chloe replied shaking her head at me disapprovingly.

“Ah, so you and the Ghost are a-“ Rose started only for me to cut her off. “Don’t you dare say ‘thing’ we are not! And this is not a ‘Date’ Jasper is just helping us keep an eye on Arya, that is all.” I said shaking my head in denial.

This was not a date this was a moral obligation, he did not even ask me out! The twins fooled both of us into this, and I was not going to get all dizzy headed about details and things that it could or could not be.

“Let’s face it Jasper doesn’t really even like Arya, Oliver, or even me for that matter, the boy is only coming because you are, and denying that is nothing but thick headedness.” Chloe replied. I had to wonder if her words even made since the way she said them though.

“The boy has a huge crush on you, don’t deny it. You have more of a chance of a Mermaid popping out of that vase over there then him not finding you attractive, really hold more esteem for yourself.” Rose said giving me a weird look, which I gave back, really a Mermaid?

The only thing unrealistic about that statement though was the vase part. Mermaids are real. Ms. Copperfield, proved that one, she wasn’t exactly hiding legs under that impossible skirt of hers. Shocking I know, I could not believe it the first time I caught sight of that thing as well. It would explain the reasoning behind the small elevator connected from the bottom of the orchestra pit to the stage though. You needed legs to climb stairs.

“I am not doubting my looks, really not every girl finds themselves plain and unattractive, as unbelievable as that may sound.” I replied rolling my hypnotic blue eyes, which I believed was one of my main curses and draws.

I often found him finding excuses to look at my eyes. It quiet possibly could be that he found them attractive, or even more likely that they reminded him of Lillyana. Also it could be that he found them weird, and something interesting to gawk at. It could also be as unlikely as it may sound that they bewitched him, would it be clichéd if I said ‘body and soul’?

"Well if you find yourself attractive that how come you picked such a plain and ugly dress?" Chloe said shaking her head at my fashion since. I in particular loved the plain gray dress; it was simple and helped me blend in. I did not want to stand out; to stand out is to be different which I certainly did not want.

"Why do I need to dress up?" I replied rolling my eyes yet again.

"Must I put it into words, Rose said it nicely. Ugh okay, J-A-S-P-E-R thinks you're the hottest thing since sliced bread, this IS a date girl!" Chloe said exasperated.

"I'm not worried about the 'DATE' Chloe, I am worried about Arya, now we need to go." I replied trying to grab the dress out of her hands.

Chloe would not allow this though, instead she looked skeptically at Rose as she threw one of my dresses at her.

"That one is sure to impress Jasper." Chloe said smiling at the choice Rose had made. At least they were getting along.

"Wait, that is not mine..." I said looking respectively at the dress that was shoved into my arms.

"It had a note on it." Chloe said uncrumbling the white paper.

"Dear Emelia, you'll be needing this. Sincerely Pandora~" Chloe said scrunching up her eyebrows as she read the note.

"How did that get here?" Rose said looking confused.

"That is really creepy, how did she know what was mine?" I asked looking unsure at Rose.

"Besides how it got here, it is pretty obvious how she knew what was your things, Mimi's are a bit skanky and mine are all black..." Rose said pulling one of her bangs behind her ear.
That made me want to check to see if all of my money and personal items were still here. But I did not have time, and grudgingly put the horrid dress on like Chloe and Rose told me to.

I could not deny that I looked good in the dress. Pandora had known my style obviously when she picked out the dress, that I was sure of. The dress was a peasant like in appearance. It had the most interesting neck cut, the dark blue material was trimmed with red and the neck of the dress adorn with feathers. It was cute; I looked cute in it.

The dress and I adorned the approval of Chloe and Rose; Whom seemed to be in agreement as to my looks.

“You should wear her cloak, it would only add to your exotic presence.” Rose replied smiling at me kindly.

“And what presence would that be?” I said furrowing my eyebrows and laughing at her comment.

“That sexy, village girl with a secret behind her eyes, a faerie tale princess of sorts.” Rose said her eyes filled with earnest.

“are you hitting on me Rose?” I said giving her a weird look.

“Oh hell no! I have a boyfriend!” Rose said laughing at me.

“Who?” Chloe asked skepticism upon her face. The question was interrupted by an answer.

“Rosary? You ready to leave yet babe?” Vincent replied slinking into the room and wrapping his arm around Rose’s waist, before planting a kiss on her forehead.

I watched as a glow entered Rose’s face as she rolled her shoulders against his chest and leaned back against him. This obviously was her answer.

“Vincent” Chloe replied brightly, as she went threw my jewelry box.

“Chloe-bell” Vincent said smiling to her as he held Rose close.

“Chloe-bell?” I seethed out giving him a look as if he lost his marbles.

“I know right? Just as sweet as summer dew I tell you! Vincent is just a big flatterer; He knows that I love my middle name and made the cutest nickname, don’t’cha think?” Chloe smiled at him.

Both of them were obviously wrapped up in the fake outer appearance that he cloaked thickly around himself when talking to people. Vincent if you did not know the cruel evil man that lived inside his heart; could in fact appear personable, kind, honest, a real gentlemen that even put Jasper’s charms to shame. I knew the real Vincent though, and this was just an act. The real Vincent was selfish, vindictive, invasive, and had little moral standings.

Having witnessed his attack upon me I was more open to reading into the little signs of who he really was. That would if watched carefully shine through that fake guise that he carefully put on around other people.

“Quite the little flatterer indeed.” I replied smirking at the hidden meaning behind my comment. A meaning that at his grimace I could tell he understood to well, as if I had called him out on his lies in front of everyone.

“Oh yes, I should tell you that the Ghost sent me up.” Vincent said razing an eyebrow at me, a questioning look upon his face as Rose and Chloe had done also.

Perhaps I was being paranoid but even Vincent was laughing at me, and my choice in boyfriends. Wait! What I meant to think was friend who is a boy, not boyfriend. Jasper was not my boyfriend. Above all not my boyfriend! He was so not my boyfriend that it blew my mind.

God, I needed to stop my thinking that instant or I would end up saying something I would regret… What had Vincent even just said? Wait, he had called Jasper by his type not by his name. Anger was something I could express easily, and would be able to cover up my long silence and inner-conversation to myself perfectly. So I allowed myself to become angry to cover my overly embarrassing and kitsch filled thoughts.

“His name is Jasper, you should know that, you share a room with him.” I replied angrily, yes, teaming with forced anger that seemed to do the job and fool those around me.

“I know that; Witch, I was just calling him how I see him. The fact stays the same, The Ghost; I mean Jasper, is getting very annoyed at that Pompous-Prince of yours, who keeps bothering him like you would not believe. I believe that they are ready to leave.” Vincent replied smirking as he pulled Rose out of the room and down the hall in just a matter of seconds.

“Oliver is here? Emelia Marie Badica! When did you plan on telling me that Oliver was invited to this?!” Chloe said standing away from my jewelry box hands finding their familiar spot on her waist yet again. Her small blue eyes stared daggers into my soul.

“Um.. I was planning on not telling you until you noticed he was here. He wants to help. What is so wrong with him wanting to help, Chloe? Oliver is Arya’s friend too. Plus you and I both know the boy is head over heals, in love with her, you should have seen his face when I told him Arya was going out with another guy!” I said quickly pulling on my holy key necklace, still blessed by Hecate herself. I wanted luck tonight, and this had to bring it, or at least it would bring me comfort.

“I-I, he is just not good enough for her!” Chloe exclaimed going through my makeup box and applying some lip-gloss. I crossed the room and joined her, putting a ring of black eyeliner and mascara around my eyes as well as, a bright slash of dark blood-red lipstick upon my very pouty lips, before replying to her comment.

“Chloe, besides his personality flaws nothing is wrong with him. He is a Prince, isn’t it every little girl’s dream to marry a wealthy Prince, to sweep her off her feat and make her a Princess herself? Not that I am saying she should marry him or anything; but you know what I am getting at Chloe, maybe Oliver isn’t as bad as you make him out to be.” I replied rolling my hypnotic eyes at her feeble excuse for her dislike of him.

“Yah, Chloe-Bell, how do you know that I am not amazing?” Oliver replied strolling into our room without even asking Jasper right on his heals.

“Oliver, you do not just stroll into a girl’s room unannounced! We could have been changing!” Chloe growled giving him a dirty look.

“I tried to stop him...” Jasper mumbled his eyes looking only at Chloe. Which in truth angered me. He should have been looking at me! This was the moment in books where the main guy always stares at the girl and makes a comment as to how hot she was and either blushes or admits his likes without embarrassment what’s so ever! But no, all Jasper was doing was staring at Chloe, and avoiding looking at me in general.

“Oh Jasper live a little Oh, Crap sorry, I forgot you were a Ghost! My bad! Also Chloe, you had no problem when Vincent walked in unannounced! Where is the love my dear?” Oliver replied chuckling to himself. I wondered if he even realized that his comment trying to cover up for his blunder with the ‘live a little’ made it far more awkward and rude than it could have been. But that my dears, was Oliver in a nutshell. He was cocky, arrogant, rude, and at times extremely unbelievably charming. His British accent and good looks covered up much of his faults, which in truth I believed he relied on often. Many girls clung themselves to him. Like I said he was little girls’ everywhere’s wet dream. He was rich, good looking, amazing accent, and positively charming when he wanted to be. Other times though he could be quite the jerk.

“Are you guys ready to go? We are burning grind time here, come on I could be banging some really hot chicks right now!” Oliver replied bringing me back to the here and now with his vulgarity.

“That is repulsive Oliver!” Chloe replied a scrawl firm upon her face.

“Oh liven up Chloe, just because you are too prude to get a little, doesn’t mean that I should be. Jasper you understand right, it’s a man thing.”

“First- It is not a man thing, it’s a prick thing. Second- don’t you dare drag me down to your level. Third- I do not devalue women in such a since!” Jasper growled giving Oliver one of the dirtiest looks he could muster.

“Chill man, I’m not devaluing them; if any thing I am appreciating their assets! Take Emelia for example, she has really large-” Oliver started only to be cut off by Jasper “I dare you to utter another word.” he growled out anger boiling in his voice. “now, now, now! I was only going to say eyes, but if you want to go on that track, I’m sure I can-” Now it was my turn to interrupt Oliver’s rant. “I’m ready to go. we should really go; like right now. Oliver why don’t you go start the car?” I said stuttering, never wanting to find out what Oliver really thought about my ‘assets’.

***********************

It only took 20 minutes before my assets would be brought to light yet again for the zillion’th time tonight.

“Crud, do you see how many people are here?” Chloe replied annoyed as we walked up to the Club. The Club in question was a large simple black square cut into the earth, the building made out of a shiny stone that you could easily see your own reflection out of. Hanging above the building was a bright red lighted sign that flashed the word “Vixen” above it’s mouth. Sadly Chloe was very right, the line went back almost a block, everyone was here.

“I’ll get us in I am a Prince after all.” Replied Oliver rolling his eyes at Chloe’s concern.

“I really doubt that that will work Oliver.” Chloe said tapping her, okay my, dark blue heel.

“I am famous, really who would be stupid enough not to let me in?” Oliver replied smirking as he lead us up to the bouncer.

Like most of the school faculty the bouncer was unusually young. His hair which was white blonde glimmered in the moonlight, his dark green eyes shimmered as they stared longingly at Chloe and I.

Still I was surprised as the bouncer opened the dark red satin rope to let us in, his eyes stared down Chloe’s dress as she sauntered past him. I watched as Oliver’s smirk of victory was cut short as the Bouncer shut him out. Leaving Chloe and I on the inside and Jasper and him on the outside.
“Do you realize whom I am?” Oliver growled, embarrassment flashing on his face.

“Look dude, I am only suppose to let foxy ladies in. And seeing as you two are not, you will have to wait in line.”
My eyes scanned his name tag before I spoke out, acting in a way that would get me a lead in a play. “ But Raulf; The Pompous Prince and that sexy dish are our ride home. Please, just this once? Plus if you don’t let them in we will have to go home and you will never get my number.” I replied seductively brushing my fingers against his arm as I ran my fingers through my hair and licked my lips. I watched as his eyes ran up and down me appraising whether he wanted to let them in and get my number.

I watched as Raulf, took in a deep breath, unsure as to what to do. I watched as if in slow motion Raulf pulled back the red rope and let Jasper and Oliver in.

“I get off in a few, maybe we’ll run into each other in there.” He replied smirking at me. Not likely, I would not exactly be seeking Raulf out.

I watched as Jasper still not looking at me stormed past.

“What’s wrong with him?” I asked Chloe giving her a confused look.

“Well I don’t know Emmy, Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you just had eye-sex with another guy while you were suppose to be on a date with him.” Oliver replied in her place.

“I was only acting...” I replied surprised as I quickened my pace and caught up to Jasper. My hand gripped upon his black dress shirt sleeve as we entered the dark pulsing dance room.

My head spun as the black lights flashed and danced across my vision. The room was teaming with teenagers, acting wild, just a sea of endless movement. A sea of endless darkness. I was not expecting it to be so dark. I of course I had never seen a club before. I never realized how much it would look like a closet.

This terrified me, my childish fears were coming yet again to light, and yet again Jasper was going to witness one of my melt downs.

I could not help but shiver, my eyes expressed far more than they meant to. My breathing became haggard, tears swam in front of my eyes. The darkness of the room consumed me, The close proximity killed me deep inside.

“Emmy, you’re Lygophobic aren’t you?” Jasper asked pulling my hand off of his shirt and into his warm comforting hands.

“Just a little bit,” I admitted not looking him in the eyes.

"Being afraid of the dark and closed spaces has to be hard on you, but don't worry; You are here with your friends nothing bad is going to happen." Jasper replied giving me a small smile.

"Are you sure?" I asked fear leaking into my eyes.

"I swear." He stated simply before continuing on.

I watched as Chloe and Oliver moved over to us.

“So Emmy what’s the plan?” Oliver asked eying smirkingly my hand which was still in Jasper’s.

“Umm.. It is really crowded, perhaps we could have posts?” I asked looking at everyone.

“That’s a good idea. Chloe, you and Oliver should wait at the bar; Emmy and I are going to dance. We’ll switch later on.” Jasper replied telling everyone where to go, before pulling me away from the group and out on the extremely crowded dance floor.

“That was not a good idea, Chloe and Oliver will eat each other alive Jasper, perhaps I should switch with-” Jasper suddenly cut me off. “I don’t get you Emmy.” Jasper said suddenly.

“What?” I replied confused as to what brought this up.

“I thought this was a date, and all you have done is hit on some guy, and try to go sit with Chloe or Oliver instead of dance with me.” Jasper said scratching his head. My eyes widened I fucking hated it when they were right. I had really messed this one up big time too.

“Jasper I am sorry; Roulf was an act, I only wanted to get us in. Although, Roulf actually looked at me. You could have at least looked at me.” I replied in shock at his comment, shaking my head my long black hair brushed his cheek, causing him to laugh.

“I was trying to gawk, I do that enough as it is Emmy.” Jasper replied suddenly placing his hand on the small of my back, as he tried to weave us into and out of the crowd.

Hearing my name I turned my head suddenly, getting a good look at the approaching Fredrick.

“Emmy, I need to ask you something.” Fredrick rumbled out as he reached us. I could hear Jasper sigh, and I could feel his hand; ever present on the small of my back as if it was burning threw the material of my dress.

“Yah, Fredrick?” I asked smiling, trying not to giggle as Jasper’s fingers brushed across my skin.

“I have to go out of the country tomorrow, short notice. I was wondering if you would mind watching Phillipe tomorrow, he adores you. I-I don’t want him to be alone, Saturday is family day.” Fredrick said shrugging his shoulders.

“I have to go shopping tomorrow, if Phillipe would not mind shopping with me than yah, no problem Fredrick.” I replied smiling at him.

“I’m guessing Phillipe won’t care as long as Cecelia is there, the boy is in some form of puppy love I tell you.” laughed out Fredrick.

“I don’t know Jasper, what is Cecelia doing tomorrow?” I asked giving him a questioning look and trying to ignore how unbelievably hot he was.

“Whatever I’m doing, I presume.” Jasper stated, taking his hand from my back. I was pissed, I wanted his hand on my waist.

“Well, you are helping me pick out and plant my herbs, and then we are going to have a picnic in the backyard.” I replied confidently.

“You forgot the part where we watch some important movie that you have not seen that should have defined your childhood.” Jasper said wrapping his hands around my waist and pulling me against his body from behind. My heart pattered haphazardly in my chest. Did what I think happen just happen? Is this not only a date, but I am also going on a follow up date with him tomorrow as well? What the hell happened to the three day rule? Wasn’t he suppose to make rude comments about my appearance and keep me waiting for like three days on the phone? Which seeing as he lives less then 25 feet away, makes no real since but you get what I’m trying to say right?

This was just a bit too fast, I have known Jasper only a week and I was already going out on a date with him not once but twice?

“Emelia, sorry for keeping you; I actually am neglecting Monique right now and she can get a little bitchy when she is kept waiting, so I’ll see you later. I’ll tell the pre-school that you are picking Phillipe up, and Emmy thanks a heap!” Fredrick said walking away from Jasper and I.

“I thought he would never leave.” Jasper whispered into my ear, as he pulled me close to his chest.

“Arya,” I managed to get out, of my mouth. Which was shocking seeing as Jasper was turning me to mush inside.

“I know, I have been watching her for the past ten minutes. She is dancing, if you can even call it that, over to our right.” Jasper answered me quietly. Turning my head I indeed saw Arya and Gabrial. God, I wish I had not seen them. They were indeed dancing, or more accurately having sex on the dance floor. It was so disgusting, I wonder what Chloe or Oliver would say if they saw this?

“Don’t get any idea’s Jasper I do not dance like that.” I said wrinkling my nose at Arya as she grinded upon Gabrial.

“I don’t think I would have asked you out if you did dance like that.” Jasper replied shaking his head sadly.

“Why?” I asked confused.
“Why do I not find people acting slutty not hot?” Jasper replied eyebrow raised.

“No, why do you like me?” I asked giving him a weird look.

“Who said I like you?” Jasper replied laughing to himself.
“Hold on I was just joking Emmy!” Jasper replied spinning me around him.
“Better get serious Jasper, I think I see Raulf watching.” I replied laughing as I danced around Jasper; respectively, and non-slutty.

“That is cruel!” Jasper laughed holding his hand over his heart.

“I am a cruel person, Jasper, you should know that by now.” I laughed out twirling in his arms as I kept a close eye on Arya.

“Emmy-Bee, you are anything but cruel. You being here watching Arya and excepting my pathetic date, proves that.” Jasper smirked, as he placed his hands on my hips.

The black-lights flickered across Jasper’s face, his eyes were filled with such a strange combination of lust and happiness. I could not help but draw back, I was unsure of myself and of what we were doing. I tried my best to make it look natural, just me fluttering out of his grasp to dance yet again. I could tell though that he was upset by my silent refusal.

“Emmy-Bell? Really now Jasper?” I replied laughing to myself, at his idea of a nickname.

“It was either that or Emery.” Jasper said laughing.

“As long as it is not bad, call me what you want.” I smirked at him.

“Really?” Jasper laughed at me as I smiled a large saucer smile.

“I do not know about you, but I am thirsty. I think we could take an Arya watch break. Chloe and Oliver can take over.” Jasper said waving himself, as he pulled me out of the dance floor and over to the bar. Where I got the weirdest sight of my life, Chloe four sheets to the wind.

“What the hell happened here?!” Jasper asked shocked at the scene of a giggling obviously waisted Chloe, who was twirling on her bar-stool, a large smile was placed upon her face.

looking behind Chloe I saw four large glasses emptied only holding straws and ice. Really what the hell was going on? Chloe does not drink! She had told me this week that drinking was a sin and horrible, so how come she was totally waisted?

“She ordered Tea, she should have said no alcohol.” Oliver said laughing.
“You let Chloe drink four Long Island Ice-Tea’s all by herself?” Jasper’s mouth fell open as he stared wide eyed at Oliver.

“I know, for an Angel she can hold her liquor!! I thought she would pass out at two, but no she kept it coming. It was so funny she thought it tasted weird and blamed it on sugar cane instead of Splenda. Let me just say priceless; you should hear the things she says when drunk! Actually we should get her drunk more often, she is a hell of a lot more fun this way!” Oliver exclaimed happily.

“Oliver you do not get girls drunk!” Jasper exclaimed staring unbelievably at Oliver.

“That is your problem Jasper, I bet you could have a lot more fun with Emmy if she was as drunk as Chloe; Just saying man.” Oliver said shrugging his shoulders.

Anger pooled in my eyes as I quickly pushed Oliver off of his high stool and onto the floor, taking his stool, as he stared disbelievingly at me.

“You did not just do that!” Oliver screamed outraged.

“You wanna open your mouth and disrespect me, than you better be able to fucking take a hit you pussy.” I growled out kicking his head with my heel.

“I see London, I see France, I see Emmy’s pink poka-dotted underpants!” Oliver chimed down from his seat on the floor.

“You are a disgusting pig.” Jasper said shaking his head angrily at Oliver, grabbing him by the front of his shirt and pulling him to his feet.

“Oh your just mad that I got a view of them before you got to take them off.” Oliver replied smugly as Jasper shoved him.

“That-That dirty little home-wrecking whooooorrrrrreeeeeeeee!” Screeched out Chloe, causing everyone to do a double take.

“Did Chloe just.. Cuss?” I asked the boys who were now looking at Chloe so confused. She was not facing us. Looking over her shoulder I realized who she was staring daggers at... Angela and Tristan?

This was one of those amazing moments where any normal person would look confused and tell people that they did not know her, but no, I had to open my big ass mouth and say “Are you talking about Angela? You didn’t know she was going out with Tristan did you?” There goes my night and my sanity.

“That Sllllllllluuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttt!” Chloe slurred pulling herself off of her stool and sauntering over to the expecting Angela and Tristan.

“Is anyone going to stop her?” I asked looking at both boys who were just staring at her.

“No, like I said drunk Chloe is a fun Chloe.” Oliver replied laughing.

“What can I do?” Jasper asked confused.

“Men are useless!” I growled still thirsty, as I walked over to try and collect the wasted Chloe. Shouting over my shoulder before I left “Oliver you better go find Arya; you can be that helpful at least.” I growled as I tried to make up the difference between Chloe and I.

I could only watch as I approached, as Chloe walked up behind Angela grabbing her by her hair which was pulled up in a pony tail and pulled Angela off of her stool and onto the ground.
“Chloe what are you thinking?” Tristan shouted out surprised, as he jumped out of his seat and to the floor to help Angela up off of the ground.

“You bitch! What the hell do you think you are doing?” Angela growled pulling herself up without Tristan’s help, facing Chloe anger raging in her eyes.

“You are nothing but a little Slut! He is mine, he is to marry me not you! So keep your fucking hands off of him!” Chloe screamed out, anger and resentment firm upon her face as she did so.

I watched as Angela reached back as if to slap Chloe across the face, only to have her hand stopped by Tristan’s hand which grasped her wrist, firmly in his.

Tristan’s face was filled with confusion. His eyes swum with what I could tell were tears.

“Angela, I think you should go wait out in the car; I will be there in a moment.” Tristan replied sorrow written as clear as day upon his angelic face. Chloe again was causing him unbearable pain. She just could not let Tristan be.

“Why should we leave?” Angela asked linking onto Tristan’s arm, nuzzling her face into his shoulder.

“Because if you do not get out to the car right now, you will be walking home.” Tristan replied anger clear upon his face.

“Fine,” Angela said shaking her head sadly as she detached from Tristan and pushed past Chloe and I, making her way to the front of the club. Once she was out of earshot Tristan let out a sigh of a heart breaking in two, if I do say so myself.

“Chloe, is your undying hatred not enough? Must you ruin my chances at what little happiness I could acquire as well? What do you have to say for yourself?” Tristan cried out sadness filling his other wise beautiful face.

“This is not my fault! This is all your fault! You did this to us, I loved you and you lied to me. Why did you lie to me? If you had told me about your hair and eyes I would have understood. I would have helped you hide it. If you had let me help you, I could have saved you! Instead of being here at this horrible place we could be home. Our home, if you had not been caught we would have been married by now. So don’t you Tristan Anthony Stone blame this on me. It is all your fault that I am miserable, you ruin every relationship I have ever had, you selfish bastard.” Chloe screamed out, tears and anguish filling her to the brink of exhaustion.
I knew that what was happening was something Chloe did not want to happen. If she had been in her right mind she would have had at least some composure, instead she was revealing things, that she would never want to let slip.

What was happening was not fair to anyone. It was not fair to Angela, it was not fair to Chloe and most of all it was not fair to Tristan. The things Chloe was saying were no one’s business but Tristan and her’s. This did not stop the ever impaired Chloe though from screaming it out and making a large unruly scene. It made me sick, to watch as she spilled her guts out about Tristan and her past.

I knew that it was my job to intervene and stop Chloe from saying any more things that would hurt her or Tristan. So quickening my pace I tried to jostle through the growing crowd around them.

Before I was able to follow out my plan of dragging Chloe away and apologizing on her behalf to the angry Tristan, a flash of white hair flickered into my view. It reached Chloe’s side before I could realize what had happened.

Like usual Arya had drifted into the picture, reminding me that we were not in the Human World but in Magic World. Her appearance alone made it impossible to strike these advents as normal. God, I wanted it to be normal. I would have much preferred to live out a normal life, than this drama that always had a way of ensuing.

Why could I not just be a normal average girl? Life would be much simpler. I would not be in the circumstances that I was currently that’s for sure. I could be at home, studying for an algebra test or something as simplistic as that. Instead I was here at this club; watching a drunken Angel spill her guts out to a Fallen. Instead I was on a date with a Ghost. Instead I was near a pompous Prince who could not control his vulgarity.
No amount of wishing or whining would help this fact though, so grudgingly I forced my way through the crowd and tried to think of soothing thoughts to ease my troubled mind.

In a way I was touched, even after the large fight that had transpired between Chloe and Arya, Arya still came to Chloe’s rescue. That was true friendship if I had ever saw it. Breaking through the crowd I helped Arya as she steadied a very tipsy Chloe; who in turn was still crying and carrying on.

Chloe was shaky as I helped Arya support her, her tall thin body now did not seem as regal but more likely frail. She did not look like the perfection seeking Angel that I knew; instead she appeared as a child; confused, hurt, and in utter distress.

Her body was cold; and she stood rather painfully on her ankles unable to hold herself up on her heels. It was a very sad sight to behold. Looking over Chloe’s shoulder I watched as Arya took control of the situation and demanded attention.

Her bewitching eyes scanned Tristan and Chloe up and down assisting the problem and how it would be solved.

“Tristan, if you never tell Chloe what happened tonight I’ll be willing to forgive you, for what happened today. Chloe would die if she knew what transpired tonight. I want to you swear you will keep quiet. Please, do it for me.” Arya asked Tristan a gleam ever present in her eyes.

“Arya, Chloe has ruined everything; I-I just can’t forget what she said tonight.” Tristan said shaking his dark brown locks of hair. His eyes filled with a look of such sadness that it broke my heart almost in two.

“You do not have to forget; I am not asking that of you, all I am asking is that you do this one thing for me, please Tristan, just do it.” Arya replied as she helped me walk Chloe out of the club and to Oliver’s car.

Arya and I worked in silence as we placed her in the middle of the back seat of the sleek sports car, buckling in Arya and I ourselves climbed into the back seat and waited as Oliver and Jasper got in and ready to leave.

“Arn’t you on a date?” I asked coyly trying to make it seem as though I was not too excited about what had happened, and having our plan to get her to come home with us work out.

“Yes, but Chloe is my friend and is more important than my love life; Gabrial will understand.” Arya replied looking at the passed out Chloe with a kind face.

The car was completely quiet as we drove. Air blew my hair away from my face, the crescent moon’s light faded in and out on the deserted winding road as we drove along the forest trail. My eyes grew heavy as we traveled, and before I knew it I was fast asleep, lulled there by the sound of the tires hitting the road, their soft beats like small drums in my ears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Character of the Chapter:
Image
Congrats Sammy!

Now, you guys may not kill me now! I would like to say that chapter 14 is a bit more risky than the other chapters. Heck Cepa my blocker at school labeled it as Pornographic Material *I swear no sex was in the chapter... although I think it is safe to say Mimi got a little lucky, I'll dish with who in the next chapter.

Tell me what you think! oh and thanks to my readers, (not putting names up this week) but everyone mentioned last week is still on my good list. oh and thanks to Smashy because I was not going to post till this weekend but.. she gave me the kick in the ass I asked for in my journal :)