Status: 215 pages of pure tantalizing story, (Writing Chapter 28, and all that goes with it!)

Our Deathly Love

Illegal spells and death wishes

Image

Blinking I looked skeptically at the boys, over my left shoulder. All three of the boys looked oddly at me. I found that rather rude actually, but who was I to judge? I was just as shocked to see them as they were to see me.

Maybe I should have questioned if they were actually Necromancers, Gabrial’s eyes had fooled me, but for some unknown reason I could just tell that they were like me.

Strange, I should have been overjoyed at the presence of other Necromancers, this was what I had wanted. Wasn’t it? I mean, that was what I thought I wanted, but looking at the three boys I was beginning to wonder if having met them was such a good thing after all. There had to be no way that they would live up to my expectations, right?

“Well, I’ll be damned... Jamii, Man, you were right!” Screeched out the oldest one. His voice hitting the air like thunder, he was truly scary looking. Huge, to be precise. He had to be at least 6‘7 or so, and was all muscle. He stood out next to his two... whatever they were to him. Brothers, friends, maybe acquaintances. Who the hell knows? He had very short, almost buzz cut hair, his eyes were tiny, at least in comparison to his body.

Another thing that made him intimidating was the way he spoke, although it should comfort me that he had such a thick Eastern-European accent, it only seemed to make me a little more shaky. No one except for the native English speakers at the school had accents, that was the point of the language-spell, Pandora had preformed. They obviously were not native speakers, or at least the larger one, being the only one to have spoken was not.

“Why, do you still have your accent, are you three not students here?” I asked hopping up from the desk, my face falling into a frown as I tried to look intimidating, copying Chloe by forcing my hands to my waist. I had to give the look of complete control, as I had said Necromancers did not have the best reputation, for a good reason.

Snapping my fingers together, I shot a glare of warning to Clarrissa. I needed her to play along, I had to have as much power as possible in this situation. I knew it sounded stupid, but people judge and I needed to seem more powerful than those three, even by myself.

I watched as Clarrissa nodded to me walking forward her hands folded behind her back a look of mock respect (the type that only I could tell) as she walked to my side, in a second’s notice.

“It surprises me that a Necromancer, of such power as yourself, would let anyone else place a spell upon you... We, do not allow such, displeasure, if we need to speak a language we shall learn it ourselves, or not, if we do not feel as to do such. I am sorry; my English is not that good... Better than Piyter’s still, if you wish to speak in English than allow Jamii to take over.” The larger boy stated stepping back behind the shortest of the three.

The boy, ‘and yes I say, boy’ was no older than fourteen, or fifteen, by the looks of him. He was the shortest of the three, 5‘9 or so. His eyes swirled with emotion that the other two did not posses, he seemed very happy. Overjoyed even, his smile actually was breathtaking. I was not going to lie, the boy was surely a ladies’ man. His smile dare I even say it, was more amazing than Jasper’s.

I really wanted to laugh at that, I wonder what Jasper would say if he found out that someone had a better smile than him. Perhaps, he would take it as a challenge? Most likely he would huff a little, then realize that I enjoyed his smile and place it upon that set of cocky lips of his.

I could not help though but find this ‘child’ odd though. Everyone was nervous as hell in the room, and he was smiling like a complete schmuck!

“Perhaps, you can answer my question than Jamii what are you doing here? Hum- I want to know if you go to school here, and how you found me.” I stated not smiling back at the boy, which was quite hard to do.

“Oh, sorry! My brothers, Ivon, Piyter, and I, do go to school here, and it is easy to tell how we found you isn’t it? You did call out Clarrissa, we could feel the summon all the way on the third floor!” Jamii exclaimed his smile never wavering for even the briefest of seconds.

“How do you know Clarrissa?” I asked eyebrow raised in annoyance, they were holding something back.

“Born and bred, Slovents’ I assume, they sure do have the looks about them. I should know, I was one, Emelia. They most likely can name ancestors back to Medieval-Europe, and so on.” Clarrissa said shaking her head in, what I assumed was, disapproval at the boys.

“Slovents’ you say?” I asked a smirk upon my face. How interesting would this be, that I would run into three of the living-line at the same time. Slovents were almost as scarce now as Badica’s. Not nearly so, they had three boys to carry on the family name, my line would die with my marriage.

I was not the only one wondering about blood, apparently for the guy, who I assumed was, Piyter, stepped forward, his question was direct. He unlike his brothers, ignored my preference for English, for his voice cut through the newly formed silence in a deep and clean cut Romanian.

I could not help but sigh with delight at hearing my native language curl upon his tongue and slide out of his mouth with such ease that I had not heard since I had gotten out of my mother’s car a week ago.

“We have given up our name, I think now it is your turn, if I may ask your family name, that is.” He stated, his words ringing in my ears like a blast of fresh air.

“I could just tell you but, it would be far more fun to let you have a guessing game, would it not?” I purred out, in my much loved Romanian language. Hearing myself speak in my native tongue gave me such thrill. I loved the way the words danced over my tongue enticing me to join Jamii in smiling. Although my smile was more of a smirk, as I held the upper hand upon the boys.

“I love games, although this one won’t be much fun for us. It is easy to tell that you are not a Slovents or we would know of you, your actions in summoning Clarrissa prove that you are not a Goodbe, for they are too full of themselves, to ever call upon someone known for less savory magic. Which leaves me at a loss...” Piyter stated, his eyebrows just as raised, if not more than mine.

“Okay, then I guess I will need to introduce myself now won’t I?” I added a small smile upon my face as I gave Piyter a small smile.

“We would be much obliged if you would do so yes.” Ivon stated, his voice sounding less scary in its native tongue.

“Badica, Emelia-Badica, to be precise,” I replied. My eyes scanning their, all to familiar, eyes for their reaction.

“Your joking, right? Last I heard, the Badica’s died off about a generation ago. Our parents would have known your Father or Mother. I thought that the family had died off in the fire, who survived?” Ivon asked his face filled with intrigue.

“All three children survived. My father took over care of my aunts, I see my aunt Angelica, once a month, or so.” I stated nodding to their comment.

“What ever happened to Ecaterina? If my father knew that she had made it out of that fire, I doubt he would have married our mother.” Piyter asked his voice raising above his brothers in his light, airy Romanian, filled voice.

“My mother does not ever speak of Ecaterina, I suppose something bad happened to make her almost a taboo to mention in the family.” I replied shrugging my shoulders.

“Wouldn’t it be reasonable to ask your father then, it is his sister?” Jamii asked his voice sounding none the less sweeter in Romanian, as it had been in English.

“My father is dead, perhaps some time, I will call upon him and ask, but as of right now I have to get going.” I stated, lying through my teeth. I would not call him back to ask him something as trivial as the placement of a rather snobbish sister who had undoubtedly upset my mother.

Taking rather large steps, I brushed past the boys, although I did not like admitting my family’s past even in that tiny sense, I was not lying, Pandora was expecting me in a few minutes.

I paused at the door as Piyter suddenly grasped my shoulder spinning me around to face him. I was surprised by this. Shrinking out of his hold I gave him a rather dark look.

“Don’t touch me.” I stated anger filling my eyes. I may have liked the boys, but I had to remind them that I was not just ‘A Girl’, I was someone who quite possibly could be more powerful than them. I hated having to do that, but Clarrissa was a Slovents’ before she married, she knew how they worked. If I wanted to be treated with respect I would need to make them realize that I was not going to be messed with.

“Sorry, but you forgot to unsummon the Passer-On, that was foolish.” Piyter added a small smirk in his face as he realized he had caught me doing something foolish, and weak.

“I do not bother wasting energy on unsummoning beings, they know the consequences for screwing with me.” I added with a smirk as Clarrissa, taking my leave, unsummoned herself.

“Oh, I’m sorry; Um, actually we were wondering what you were doing today? Maybe you wanted to get something to eat tonight, perhaps around six or so?” Piyter asked, his voice sounding almost unsure, maybe he believed my bluff, obviously if he had known Clarrissa better he would have realized that she unsummoned herself not out of ‘fear’ but out of ‘amusement’.

At least that showed me that she was more Loyal to the Badica’s than her original Slovents’ family. Very interesting, if you ask me.

“Let’s try five, and I will meet you at the Italian-Bistro, next to the entrance of the portal, in the Food Court.” I stated demandingly, perhaps if I bothered them too much they would leave me be. Although I had to admit it was kind of fun acting this way.

“Well have it your way, this time, maybe next time we can-” He stated as I interrupted him quickly with an affirmative “nope, not likely,” before leaving the boys behind, and finding my way to Pandora’s office.

I may have been a little hard on the boys, but it was needed. Necromancers were suppose to be strong, I needed to be strong. I did not have to show it in front of most, mainly because they had no clue the rules provided for my kind.

Necromancers were scarce because to be like us you have to be strong, strong willed, and strong physically, as well. Tristan understood that, or at least he let on that he understood the amount of strain it took me to be what I was.

Even now as I walked I could feel the strain on my body from calling upon Clarrissa. Although now I did not feel sick, I felt as if my body weighted a thousand pounds. Truly I needed to take a small nap now but I was to busy to do so.

I needed to hurry, I finally would be meeting Pandora, and I needed to get going or I would be late. I'm not sure what I was expecting as I found my way to Pandora's office. Tristan had said that Oliver had tea-time with her on Mondays, and Fredrick said that she took great pleasure in writing letters and he unlike Oliver had never seen her. Besides that though, he knew nothing about her, none of us did. That’s what was so unnerving.

Who was Pandora? How did she seem to know things that had yet to come? I actually really wanted to know, about why I was being summoned in the first place. Not to mention how she knew about me needing a dress to go out with Jasper, and to place my bed next to a wall outlet.

Walking into the room that I assumed would have just plainly been Pandora’s office I was greeted by the sight of a waiting room, completed with a receptionist.

The woman who was rather plump, with shoulder-length, large brown curly locks of hair motioned for me to take a seat on the overstuffed couch against the wall.

I fidgeted against the wall, pulling my sundress over my knees, pulling at it relentlessly. I could not help but do so. Crossing and un crossing my legs I bit my lip trying to relax on the over-comfy couch.

I knew that I needed to calm down, but it was increasingly hard to do so. This room was made to make people comfortable, yet it was hard not to notice that the room needed to be comfortable because those who were forced to visit here needed to be calmed down. I had to remember that Pandora was in fact a ‘Principal’ I was sent to her office.

This had the possibility to become serious. Like legitimately serious! Bitting my lip worry filled me. I tried my best to stifle it, all I needed was to get sick again. If I threw up in Pandora’s office I would never be able to show my face at the school again!

I tried my best to calm down only to have my worries intensify, as the receptionist nodded and told me to go ahead and go inside.

Standing up, my legs were a little wobbly although most of it was from the fact that I was tired, a part of it was because I had no idea what to expect, when I entered the room.

Stepping forward I opened the deep brown door stepping shakingly through the door.

Looking around I noticed that her office in general was very well furnished, the floor was made out of an expensive looking wood, as well as her hand-carved wall length bookcase and desk. The room looked well occupied, piles upon piles of paper stood next to, on, and around her desk. She had a large set of file-cabinets behind her desk. The wall closest to me held pictures, and awards upon it behind what looked like a few inches of glass. A bit egotistical if you ask me, but there was no harm in her showing her accomplishments, I guess.

Standing straight up in place, my hands clutching each other behind my back I looked for the one thing that was missing, Pandora.

Was this a joke? I really was not in the mood for some crappy joke, I just wanted to get this over with already.

Closing my eyes, I sighed deeply. This was not enjoyable.

"Emelia? Are you there? Please take a seat!" Rang out a voice that made me jump almost a foot high. Looking around quickly I noticed that the sound had come from a loudspeaker installed on top of Pandora's desk.

Because this wasn't odd or anything.....

"Where are you at?" I asked unsure as I did as she asked taking a seat on a small loveseat in the middle of the room.

"Bangkok, actually: I have a lot of work to do in Thailand, this time of the year." The woman, whom I assumed was Pandora, stated plainly over the intercom.

"Do you travel a lot then?" I asked, trying to create polite conversation.

"Yes, I own a few large companies, and such, I own my own jet: I would be lucky if I could get back here to relax maybe once a week or so. Mondays are my day off, but I felt like we needed to talk before tomorrow." Pandora stated her voice sounding almost too chipper. I guess the 'responsible teacher role,' was not something she was going to do well.

"What did we need to talk about?" I asked looking around the room, for some reason I felt as though she might be studying me, perhaps she has cameras set up somewhere and was spying?

"A few things, I really would like to get to know you better Emelia." She said her voice filled with an actresses enthusiasm, one that I caught onto very easily.

"Do you have these talks with all of your students?" I asked my voice suddenly becoming sharp, I was unable to stop it. I felt bad after it left my throat, but I needed to ask that.

I stood shocked, waiting, I suppose for her to become angry, instead she filled the room with a high-pitched laughter. "No, just like your mother, she always could call me on my bullshit." Pandora replied laughing.

Last time I checked 'bullshit' was not a 'teacher' word! Not to mention she had talked about my mother!

"My mother?" I asked unsure of myself at the moment.

"Aurora never told you, did she?" Pandora asked her voice still in an uplifted giggle.

"Um, no..." I replied my voice falling flat, I doubted that I wanted to hear what she had to say.

"Your mother and her family lived here for a few years. My mother was renovating the castle, your grandfather was the head carpenter! My mother loved his work so much that most of the woodwork in the castle is his handiwork." Pandora said laughing as she stated our connection proudly.

"Your friends with my mother?" I asked, surprised, my mother had never mentioned this before.

"Yes, your mother asked me to keep an eye on you, not that I am doing a good job really, but you get the idea." Pandora said her voice draining quickly of amusement.

"What would give you that idea?" I asked rubbing my arms nervously.

"News travels fast, I think it is safe to say the entire school knows what happened at P.E. on Monday. Not to mention the reports I was getting from Ripplye, she seems worried and wanted to have personal counseling with you." Pandora stated in a very flat tone.

"What! No way, am I spending another minute with that sociopath!" I screamed out, jumping from my seat.

"That was almost exactly what I had said to that notion as well. I also wanted to get your opinion on something, but I think you just said it really clear. I have been getting reports about Ripplye, actually I got reports on her behavior from everyone, but yourself." Pandora stated her voice now containing a mischievous edge.

"Everyone complained?" I asked dumbstruck for a moment. I mean sure, I expected Arya to complain about her problems, Tristan hated her, but Tenabe, the quiet boy?

Maybe Kitty-Boy, had some balls after all.... Or, even more likely, Sammy had made him complain. She seemed the domineering kind.

"Apparently so, I have heard many dissatisfying things about Miss, Sullivan's professorial ability. That was also one of the reason I wanted to talk to you, being the only one not to complain I thought that you may have a more open mind about her." Pandora explained. I wondered if she knew that if I had known there was a complain box, I would have done so regularly.

"That is why I also called Ripplye as well as her new adviser to meet with us." Pandora added bringing anger to my face.

"So, because I was the only one not to complain I have to become the slaughtered lamb, thanks-a-heap, Pandora." I replied less gracious to her now.

"What, now you think that I will treat you badly, kids these days, they just don't understand when people are trying to help them!" Screeched Ripplye, who, unbeknown to me, had entered the room along side a woman who was only as high as her waist.

Both women looked odd together. Ripplye was pretty, in a plain way, her looks though beat the woman who stood next to her easily.

The shorter woman was plump, in a way that I could not tell if it was fat, or muscle. Her skin was a metallic brown/orange color, a shade of which I had never laid eyes upon before. Her skin held many dark wrinkles, although I knew she was young. Her eyes were the darkest shade of black that I had ever seen. The entire eyeball was black, like Sammy's Vaults. They looked like two pieces of coal. Her hair was a metallic grey. It took little time to guess that she was the first Dwarf that I had met at the school, or at least that I had met without a Glamour on.

My mother dealt with Dwarves on a regular basis. She would trade with them, receiving items such as the material she had used to make my cloak, for medical herbs, that they could not grow in their cities.

Yes, it was true, Dwarves did live in mountains, and under the ground. They were skilled metal workers, and even better at the threads and such that they made. I had not been surprised at not seeing any around school, many never would leave their cities. The Magical Community did not treat them well, they lived underground, for peat's sake!

Plus, they did not hold what many considered beauty. To her kind, this Dwarf that accompanied Ripplye, would be a beauty queen, compared to most of her people.

"Ripplye, I would like you to calm down, as you have overheard Emmy, has not complained about your work," Pandora stated regarding Ripplye accordingly. By the way she said overheard it was obvious that she did not appreciate Ripplye for eavesdropping.

"Sorry, Pandora, I could not help but overhear, it was quite audible was it not, Keplyn?" Ripplye stated seemingly talking to the Dwarf next to her.

"It would seem that many things are audible when one has their ear to the door." Keplyn replied shaking her grey hair around her, a smirk upon her face as she gave Ripplye a smug look.

"Ahhh, Doris Keplyn, always the joker aren't you?!" Pandora laughed out, her voice filling the room.

I watched as Doris, took a seat next to me, forcing Ripplye to stand over by the intercom by herself.

"Doris, this is Emelia, she will be one of your new charges, as you help Ripplye with getting adjusted to the school." Pandora explained simply.

Doris nodded to me, her face showing a small smile.

"I still do not think that I need to have help." Ripplye said shaking her head as she did so.

"Then you have nothing to worry about do you?" Doris stated a small smile upon her lips.

It was clear to me that they did not get along: at all.

"Women, get along! We are all on the same side here, and weren't you both roommates in college yourself?" Pandora stated, I could tell that she was trying to hide a laugh to her best ability.

"She is a show off, and I really would have preferred if you had not brought that up." Ripplye said placing her arms across her chest, a scrawl set upon her thin lips.

"Oh, Ripple, calm yourself, just because I was Valedictorian does not mean that you need to still be jealous! It was like what, three years ago?" Doris added laughing slightly to Ripplye.

I had never heard anyone call, Ripplye, Ripple before, and found it rather humorous.

"Tisk-Tisk, Ripple, that sounds like repressed emotions, would it make you feel better to talk about it?" I asked cheeky.

I watched as Ripplye's eyes flashed in anger at me, she of course had to bite her tongue because she was not able to lash out in front of her boss.

"Okay, that's enough drama for today, Emelia, you are excused. Ripplye, and Doris, we need to talk about what you plan on doing." Pandora droned on excusing me from having to listen to this conversation any longer.

Finding my way out of Pandora's office I took note that I had perhaps two hours before I really needed to leave to meet the guys. I had thought that Pandora would give me some magical insight, that would have taken up a large amount of time, but instead I was left with a unsatisfied thirst, for knowledge that I did not have.

Perhaps, I was a little zoned out, but that left no real reason for me not to realize his presence as I walked absent mindfully through the courtyard.

The day had cooled off significantly since this morning, yet that did not make up for the humidity that clung like a child, to the air. The day though was pleasant enough per say, enough so, that many people spent the afternoon clinging to the edges of the courtyard.

My body felt tired and drained as I walked through the open area. I took notice of the change in temperature as the warm, moist air hit my skin.

Breathing in I closed my eyes, allowing the air to sift over my body, making me even more tired. I just really needed a nap. The air was not making things any easier.

Breathing in another breath of the warm blanket like air, I dropped down from my legs to the dew laden grass. Maybe, if I rested a moment I would feel better? That seemed like an okay idea. An odd one for me though. I did not normally let my guard down around other people.

Yet, it seemed safe enough, there were plenty of people doing the exact same thing: relaxing, and enjoying the last of the summer warmth. I guessed that many were taking a short break in between a class or something. Weird enough, some people, the over achievers, like Tenebe (as I found out, from Sammy) had opted take a few of the 'advanced placement classes' over the weekend as well.

Far too much work if you ask me. 15 classes were enough for me! I had to admit though that even though I had so many classes, they were not all 'that' hard. It seemed that the school's classes are more easy going. Most have you just listening to lectures, debate topics, perhaps even read a little. Nothing I couldn't handle, and to students who wanted to succeed it wasn't a problem for them as well.

It may have helped that my teachers seemed to enjoy my presence. Well, most of them anyways. It was not that I was a 'suck up' per say, but I was more comfortable with teachers, than I was students. Teachers were here to help, right?

Or, at least that seemed to be the case. Some of the teachers were scratchy but, most like Mrs. Potts' were over all pretty agreeable.

Although it could easily be said that this school was working on my mind. Yet, at the same time I had been the one to preach to Chloe about understanding and accepting people. Perhaps, I needed to follow my own words? Mother always said, actions speak louder than words. Although, isn’t that something that most adults pore down their kids throats? That, and the importance of vegetables and telling the truth.

I had though been trying really hard though this week to let people get, semi-close to me. Although it was not easy. A lot of people that I have been around are nice enough, that was true. Yet, as I have stated hundreds of times before, I am not one to trust easily. I still get nervous when Jasper or even Tristan get too close to me. Actually if I was being completely honest, boys in general give me goosebumps. I think I wanted to be able to understand them, they are not a plant that I could easily put a way on a shelf after sorting it and putting it away.

People were complex. For me this made me very uncomfortable. Who was to say that Jasper was more safe than Vincent? At least I was not attracted to Vincent, his hurt would be more physical than emotional. What about Tristan, or Fredrick for that matter? Could I really trust them? What if I was wrong?

Really, maybe Ripplye was right. I obviously had problems. Maybe I would not be so unnerved by guys, and others if my mother had been more social with me and maybe if my father was alive I would be more sure of myself around the male population. Or, more likely I would still be this pathetic excuse for a teenage girl.

Sighing, as I did often, I rolled over, looking up at the sudden disappearance of the sun and the appearance of a shadow over my body.

“Is there room for two, Emmy?” Came the voice that hovered over me. Rowan’s voice was as it had been the day I had met him in Art-Class; cocky and filled with some odd cynical sense of humor.

“Yah, wait a second.” I replied scootching over to allow the Demon a seat next to me.

This event in all may have seemed out of character or odd, had I not gotten to know Rowan over the week.

Hum- maybe I do have a death wish? Or am I just crazy, becoming close to a Demon, so close to his Changing, was something very un-Emmy to do, but Rowan was different.

I actually really liked him. His presence only caused me to smirk. Rowan was fun, the type of fun that could swallow you whole. I say that only because although I should not have I felt at ease to talk to him. Rowan does not judge, how could he, when his crimes have been far worse?

I like Rowan, for more than one reason. Mainly because I had leverage over him. It made me feel like the one in control. Yet, at the same time, he was interesting, and less scary (if possible) than the rest of his group.

Plus, it is easy to get to an agreement with someone if you are their partner for rock climbing, you become close to someone when they hold the rope keeping you alive if you were to fall. (Group building exercises in Human P.E. don’t ask.) Turns out that Rowan and I had about five classes together. Which gave me a lot of time to realize that he is nothing like his ‘gang’.

Would it be an Oxymoron to say that a Demon had a Soul? Perhaps, it would be, maybe I should call it his ‘spirit, or outlook?’

I could not help but chuckle out loud at that. How funny it was to me, after all the shit that had happened today, I was wasting time thinking about the possibility of Rowan’s soul?

Hey, no one ever said I wasn’t selfish.....

"What are you laughing about Emmy?" Rowan asked, his voice hitching as he looked skeptically at me. I would assume that he thought I was crazy, I had just laughed for no reason, and it was kind of crazy like.

I could not help but smile faintly at him. My lips pulled up almost against their will, as I thought about how problematic my life had become.

"No reason, what did you want to talk to me about? Oh, and by the way, where is that annoying gang of yours?" I asked a smirk held in place. The enjoyment I held out of making people uncomfortable was odd for me.

Usually I was the one who was feeling uncomfortable. Yet, looking at Rowan, and knowing that he owed me a favor, of any kind, I knew I was safe, he would not want to make me mad. That favor could blackmail him for the rest of his life, if I chose to do so.

"I had a favor to ask of you, but seeing you was by accident. I wasn't following you, this time at least. I was going to take a break between my A.P. classes. As you could probably guess Roxie and Karma don't really get off on A.P. Chemistry." Rowan stated adding his bit of 'smart ass' to the end.

"A favor? At this rate Rowan, you will be in debt to me for the rest of your life." I replied raising an eyebrow at him a small smile held firm upon my face.

"What is it this time, love potion, blinding spell, or maybe a carnivorous guard plant, perhaps? Can never be too careful, I almost had my hand taken off last time I tried to feed one of those you know!" I added laughing slightly as I waved my hand in front of Rowan, flashing him the sight of a small scar that was rested on my pinky.

proof that not all plants liked me I am assured........

"Um, no... Although I might run the plant by Emil, we might need that. I actually was wondering if you have a Soul-Splinter Spell in that book of yours." He asked looking around to make sure no one was watching before asking, this was a serious question. One that I did not feel comfortable talking about in public.

That spell was illegal. Not many spells were illegal but that one was, for good reason at that. I was not suppose to even have that spell. Not that something like that would have stopped Clarrissa, so ya, I technically had some illegal spells in my book... So? It's not like I used them, and even if I did, it was not like I would be caught.

"I-Um.. That's illegal, Rowan... Ya' illegal as in I could get my head chopped off illegal! And you ask such a question in public, are you stupid or just trying to get me in trouble?" I whispered pushing him away from me. Anger filled my face. This was serious shit! And he can ask me to risk my life, in public, around people, how the hell was I suppose to answer that question! Demons, are all just... UGGHHH! Okay, I know I was preaching about getting along with everyone, but really?

"So, you have it, That's great! No one has it! I just can't believe- Chuck it to Necromancers to have seriously fucked up magic!" Rowan erupted excitedly, causing people to turn around and give us odd looks. That dumbass! Just talking about that spell with a Demon was warrant for an investigation.

"Shut up Rowan, and why would you want such a spell?" I asked giving him a quizzical look.

"Do you even have to ask, I want to be alone in my body, without this thing here with me." He growled out, suddenly anger filling him at the mention of the other part of his soul.

I watched as he looked almost crazed. I could not help but become unnerved at this. His Change had to be coming soon, he was loosing his mind. I knew that much. Demons, are born with two souls. They intertwine and when the Demon would become 17, the soul that had been forced to remain dormant takes control.

It is like having those little guys that sit on your shoulders and tell you what to do. Only, you are the good guy and the other thing that shares your body is the bad guy. Your body is the person, and sometimes you would win, and sometimes the evil in you would win.

After you would turn 17, you would always loose. Or at least be masked most of the time.

Truly it sucks, I understand where Rowan is coming from. He wants to be himself, the spell would force the evil right out of his body, literally. But, still it is illegal to do that.

If I did, Rowan and I could be sentenced to death if anyone found out. Demons who are in charge are obviously older than 17, if a spell like the one that I illegally had were allowed, many Demons would get it done obviously. Their whole culture would be demolished, they could not let that happen, now could they?

I think the problem isn't that Witches don't know the spell, just no one is willing to use the spell. There is a lot of risk involved in doing such a spell. The soul itself could get stuck in the Witch. Something that in time would kill the Witch, the only problem, is that it would not die there, it would just hop bodies.

Sound familial? Yes, a hand full of possessions are the result of this, Humans are obsessed with the idea that religious items drive that part of the soul away, quite the contrary really, the soul can not bond to a Human body, some are more determined to live in a host though, causing long term possession, truly the soul can not survive in any body except for the one it was originally cast out of.

Yet, if the part of the soul is banished it will be gone for good, or the more difficult process catching the soul sliver. If a Witch were to catch that part of the soul, there is no telling what powers he/she would possess!

"I'll think about it, under a few conditions." I said reluctantly.

"Name it, money, favors, anything," he asked practically begging me.

"I want three favors, the cast off soul, and what I come up with later on, give me a time frame here, how long do I have to get the spell done?" I asked shaking my head, not really wanting the answer.

"A month, I have a month." Rowan replied shakily.

I didn't want to tell him I had no clue if a month was long enough.

"I-I, need to think about it, Rowan, my life is on the line here as well." I stated getting up, and walking away, turning around only to assure him we would talk about it on Monday.

This was a stupid idea, why would I do something so stupid? Agreeing to this would be my undoing! I must truly have had a death wish.

If anyone found out I would die! Like as in, really die.

Although, I had a feeling not all of the plan was bad, things had to work out right? I mean Clarrissa would have dropped a tree branch on Rowans head, or caused a hail storm or something if this was really bad right?

She was suppose to be watching me. So I assumed what I had said would work. Maybe if I had Clarrissa walk me through the spell and show it to me, (perhaps on a small woodland animal?) I would be able to get it to all work out?

Magic was my thing! I had to be able to do this.... I think at least.

I was not paying attention, I had a habit of doing that a lot actually.

It was a wonder that as I walked, totally not paying attention, that Mercrutio did not fly into my body. He ended up landing only inches away from me though, which was rather shocking.

Wake up call much!

The annoyance looked like shit, blood was dripping from his injured arm and forehead. I had to admit I was befuddled by this my eyes widening as I looked around only to see Tundry using her goddamn vines again.

Did she never learn? ANYTHING?! Really now!

Reaching down I helped Mercrutio off the ground, wondering what the hell was going on this time.

"This is all your fault!" Mercrutio growled turning on me.

"My fault! My fault! Hello, I was not the one to do this to you, ya'see the huge ass vine that just smacked the shit out of you?!" I asked anger filling my voice as I pushed him away.

"If you hadn't beat her, she would not have practically all the Seelie Court freaking training! Unlike you, not all of us have goddamn shields that can protect us! Angie is the only one not to get the crap kicked out of her and that is only because she freaking got out of training today to go on a date with her new boyfriend! She is such a side shipper! Ughh, she dates the enemy and we have to hear hell about it physically!" Mercrutio screamed at me, pointing a finger in my face.

"Do you really wanna piss off a Witch? Without the 'Twin Power' you are just another washed up Elemental." I growled anger flowing, as I realized he was not only insulting me but Tristan as well. He was Angie's boyfriend after all.

I could not help but walk away, this was not my problem, and frankly I did not care. Mercrutio was a dick anyways.

"Wait, Witch were do you think you are going!" Mercrutio whined tugging on my arm.

"Out, I have something to do." I replied pulling my arm away from his.

"What?!" He asked annoyed, obviously he wanted me to listen to him whine even more, but I said I would meet the guys and I wanted to scope out the restaurant before they got there, in case I needed an exit strategy.

I ignored Mercrutio who after a while stopped following me, walking to the portal, I did as I had done all week, gone through it with little problem, entering the food court caused me little problem now as well. Perhaps, this dinner trip would be a much less hassle than I had originally thought? Or, not!
♠ ♠ ♠
Character of the Chapter:
Image
Congrats' Clarrissa!

I wanted to finish the chapter with the big scene that happens next, but I am sadistic and thought I would leave you hanging :)

This chapter is dedicated all the way to iEatRainbows, who rocks my socks!
And of course to Kaitlyn :)
Let's not forget my best penpal Laura, who made me write today :)