Status: 215 pages of pure tantalizing story, (Writing Chapter 28, and all that goes with it!)

Our Deathly Love

Rebounds, Cool Downs, and Layups

Image

"Emmy, come on! Please, talk to me! I am sorry, really, it was just a misunderstanding, I mean what would you have done if you were in my shoes? I really like you, I know that is no excuse but... I can't help it, I have flaws, everyone does!" Jasper practically begged to me.

I was not one to forgive and forget, if he wanted me to move on he needed to beg and suffer a little bit longer than this.

Sadistic? Maybe a little. But, I would not be me, if I just forgave him right off the back. He was pissing me off, and had no reason to do what he did. We hardly knew each other and were entering the relationship lying and spying. This was not something we should do.

"Jasper, I hardly know you! How do I know that this is a misunderstanding? How do you know that I am not a whore? If you want us to ever become something you need to freaking trust me! I did nothing wrong! I would not cheat on you, I really like you too, but you need to back off a little bit. Even if I was really seeing Piyter, which obviously was not what was going on, by the fact that he practically shoved his tongue down Benvolio's throat, you need to calm down. We are in an open relationship, we are taking things slow. Plus, if anyone should be jealous it should be me! You were the one engaged!" I screamed out. Anger poring out of me as we stood fighting in the driveway, this was the first time we had spoken at all since we left the restaurant.

"You are not a whore Emmy, and it was a misunderstanding! I am not normally jealous, I just really-really want to date you, and not in this crappy open ended stuff, I should have never agreed with it! I don't want to give you anything, if you aren't even sure if you want to date me in the first place! Plus, I was engaged like a hundred years ago, where did you even hear about that?" He asked his voice cracking a little at the end, obviously he still had feelings for Lillyana, just fucking great!

"Cecelia, told me." I replied lying my ass off, and he could tell.

"Cecelia, does not speak about her, where did you hear about her Emmy? I want to know! If the shit is going to hit the fan, you are so going to come clean as well!" Jasper said anger in his voice as he caught me in a bold face lie.

"I-I-I, fine it was that stupid picture! The one you drew on the first day of Art-Class, after dealing with Tundry, I had too much power and it sucked me into it! It was not my fault!" I said trying to make a plea at the end of it.

"What did you see? Emmy, I want you to tell me what you saw!" Jasper said, his eyes widening as he realized that I had seen his past, something that he had not shared with me himself.

"I saw the day that the original had been taken, nothing more." I said shaking my head, my hair flying in my face as I did so. I was not going to be the one to tell him that Ashley killed Lillyana. No one could ask that of me.

"Oh, okay, um, what exactly is that day? What happened?" Jasper asked anger filling his voice but with less direction this time.

"I don't know!" I growled anger filling me to the brink of explosion.

"You fucking know Emmy, you just don't want to say! I want to know, this is my family, my life! It is not some game!" Jasper said more hurt in his voice than true anger at this point.

"I saw the guy paint everyone's picture, and I saw you fight with Ashley, that was all, I swear." I said shaking my head again, crossing my fingers in front of my chest I gave him a cold stare.

"Oh... I thought, I mean... I'm sorry, I did not mean to get so, angry, I normally am not so, angry? I just, I just really screwed this up. I am just having a hard time, maybe we have been spending too much time together? Maybe more slow would work? I still really like you Emmy, but we can't keep lying, hiding things from each other, and spying." Jasper said running his fingers through his hair.

"I'm still pissed at you. I don't know if I can handle you right now." I said giving him a dirty look.

"That makes two of us, but as long as we know we still want to date each other, I think we can have time to be pissed, right?" Jasper said scrunching up his nose in such a cute way, I almost wanted to forgive him.

"I guess, but I don't have to like you right now Jasper Emmet Everitt!" I added poking him in the chest with my pointer finger.

"So? Who said that I like you right now? Although I would like to say that you are kind'of hot when angry." Jasper said laughing at one of the worst times that he could. I was still pissed, I wanted to stay angry at him.

"Oh, no you are not laughing your way out of this! I am still angry, so angry that I am going to march away." I said walking over to the garage, only to hear him as he smugly replied,

"As long as I can watch your butt as you do so, I don't care." His voice carried as he knew it would, causing me to flip him off over my shoulder.

Jackass!

Walking to the side of the garage I kicked it hard, hurting my foot. Looking I realized that I left a black scuff mark on the white siding.

"Chloe will be upset that you did that, she painted it yesterday." Arya called out from behind me.

"Chloe can go fuck herself!" I growled out, not meaning it but still the words felt right on my lips, I was too angry to care at this point.

"You look like you need this." Arya said throwing the basketball that she had held in her hands at me.

Catching it I stared down confused at it, what was I suppose to do with this?

Looking around I realized what Arya was doing here in the first place. Arya was wearing a pair of short yellow shorts and a white undershirt, her silver dog collar still in place, and her white hair was pulled back tightly behind her head in a ponytail that bobbled as she bounced from side to side.

Against the garage, almost above me was a large tattered basketball hoop. Sighing in annoyance, I dropped my purse on the ground, and dribbled the ball around a bit before throwing it with all my might. It would have been awesome to say that it went in, but that would be lying. Something that I had become very good at.

Let's just say the ball hit the backboard so hard that it hit Arya in the back of the head as it flew off.

"Shit! Give a girl a warning!" Arya screeched out as she grabbed the ball that had just nailed her in the head. Dribbling her way around the hoop and shot a seemingly perfect layup.

"I am sorry, I am in a fowl mood." I said crossing my arms in front of my chest, letting out a huff of air that had collected in my throat.

"Wow, no shit?! At least you have a boyfriend, and your body isn't dying on you." Arya said making another shot, this time from half court, nailing it of course.

"Oh..... Sorry, I-um... Never thought about that." I said running my fingers through my hair as I gave Arya a pity look.

"No problem, I have to live with my own problems, you just need to realize that not everything is as bad as it seems..." Arya added before trying another half court shot, failing this time she did a rebound, that did make it in.

"Sometimes you don't get everything you want, some times you have to settle for the rebounds, ya'know?" She said, trying some easier shots than the half courts.

"I guess, but that doesn't make it any more fun, I wonder why no one always gets the half courts?" I asked defeated.

"Because life would not be worth living without the rebounds?" Arya said throwing the the ball back to me.

This time I did make the shot, a sense of pride then swept through my body.

"See, who knew that basketball was so deep?" I asked chuckling for the first time in too long.

"Me, I love it." Arya said making reverse layup.

"I though you loved track?" I said giving her an odd look.

"Emmy, you can love many things, love is easy these days, like sex." Arya said shrugging her shoulders, going back to her normal non-deep self.

"I guess I am not easy, I don't love a lot of people, or things." I said shaking my hair, a small smile upon my face as I snickered a bit.

"And what, I am? Just joking! That one is self explanatory! Yet, I have to ask Emmy, what do you see in Jasper, he is a bit of a stiff, not fun or exciting at all. Totally boring and not cool at all, if I was you I would dump that stick in the mud as soon as possible!" Arya said laughing as she asked me a rather personal question.

Apparently we were having 'Girl Talk?'

"He is not boring! He is very funny, and has the cutest nose twitch ever, he is kind, and usually has a good temper, and always opens doors for me, and likes to talk about other things than sex, Arya, and I am sorry if I don't like motorcycle riding bad boys, or British pompous princes!" I said annoyance rolling off my tongue in waves.

"See, not everything is that bad, you guys will get over this little fight soon enough, and who said I liked Oliver?" Arya said, admitting that she had tricked me in the oldest way in the book.

I really fell for that one?

"He seems to be in love with you." I said calmly, deep down I like Oliver. The Oliver that was not making odd and inappropriate sex jokes to me, or insinuating rude outlandish things. I liked the Oliver that was madly in love with Arya, he was okay, he was nice. I liked the Oliver that took good care of his court, and protected them. He was a good person, he was the type of person Arya needed. Arya, needed someone kind who could watch her and take good care of her.

"Hasn't he always been?" Arya said in a hushed voice, in that moment I realized that she loved Oliver as much as he did her.

"Why are you not with him then?" I asked annoyance filling my voice, it was simple, Oliver and Arya were made for each other.

"Emmy, if Oliver does really love me how could I break his heart by telling him that I loved him too? I will be dying soon, too soon for us to be what we should be, Gabrial is safe, because he means nothing at all. You are just like Chloe, talking of love. Sometimes love just does not work out. Sometimes you just have to settle with the rebound." Arya said shaking her head trying to block my words out of her head.

"That is bullshit! small things are allowed to become rebounds, not big things like your love, and your life, that is just bullshit people tell each other to make their pathetic lives that are entirly their own fault seem livable." I said throwing the basketball over my shoulder, surprised as I heard the swoosh of the ball landing through the hoop.

"Somethings aren't meant to be rebounds, and only become rebounds because the player does not have enough faith or willpower to try and fight." I said walking over to the basketball that was laying on the ground. Picking it up I threw over my shoulder to Arya, before grabbing my purse and heading into the house, leaving her to ponder my words.

Rebounds were in life but they were not made to cover up what could be half court shots. Even I knew that, so why was Arya living a rebound life?

I had not expected shooting a few hoops would make me feel any better, but it had. Maybe I had little faith in the power of basketball, girl talk? Although I was not angry that did not help me figure out what I was going to do.

Jasper and I were still fighting, or at least he thought we were still fighting. I was not angry any more, Arya had been right, up to a point at least. But I was not going to let Jasper off that easy, we both needed space, before I told he what I thought.

What I had discovered, Arya had been right, I was treating Jasper as a rebound, not as a half court shot. I was too afraid to make this work. I needed to calm myself down and take the shot, not play it safe, or I would lose him, it was all or nothing, he had made that clear, I just needed to get rid of that need to be in control and go with my feelings.

A shot in the dark, but still worth the fight, I could tell that Jasper and I could be good with each other if we really tried. I think that was the problem, I was not trying.

I had my guarders up and was too scared to try what I knew I could do, fall for him.

Yet, that did not change the fact that I was still unsure how and when I would tell him what I had decided.

Thank God, I did not have a choice in the matter, at the moment I entered the house I was practically kidnapped by not only Tristan but Chloe, and forcibly taken up to my room, without as much as a word from either of them. I think they thought that they would have to do what Arya had already done, calm me down and help me feel better.

Maybe they had expected crying, screaming, angry pounding and all that shit, which made me feel bad for kicking Chloe's paint, and telling her that rather rude outburst with the way she was treating me, perhaps I should have been kinder?

Can you be kind to a wall? If so, I had definitely not acted accordingly.

When we made it too my room, Tristan closed the door and Chloe started to pull Rose and My bed together, for the three of us to relax. Luckily for us no one was in the room besides us.

If Rose was not here to bitch than moving her bed for the three of us to relax on was not that big of a deal.

I laid in between Tristan and Chloe, although I had expected hostility between them there was none at all.

Shocking in itself, if you ask me.

Both were just there, something that I wanted, something that felt good, although they gave no words of wisdom, like Arya had, their presence alone was comforting enough. I actually enjoyed it. Having those two with me, as odd as it sounded both of them could be very relaxing to be with.

Who would have thought?

"We're sorry, about what happened." Chloe said rubbing my arm as she gave me a knowing look.

"It's fine, really." I said shrugging it off.

"Do you want a hug?" Tristan asked giving me an odd look, I could tell he wanted me to say no, but felt inclined to ask because that is what a 'good' friend would ask.

"Not from you, sorry Tristan." I replied trying my best not to snort at his question.

"So, I am off the hook?" Tristan said, not to me but.... Chloe?

"No, she may want a hug later on and this is so your fault that they are in this fight Tristan Anthony Stone! You are the one who gave the phone to Jasper in the first place!" Chloe said giving him a dirty look. Thank god at least they were back to normal!

"Wait, what do you mean you handed the phone to Jasper?" I asked confused.

"Mikey called, all in an uproar about something, asking for Jasper... So I just gave it to him, so not my fault, then he tailed ass out of the house." Tristan said shrugging his shoulders.

"And what were you doing that you could not have asked what was wrong and helped?" Chloe said in her mothering tone.

"I was doing my math, I think that is important Chloe, I want to be an accountant! Um, sorry I was not paying attention to Mikey, I thought he was freaking out about Vincent again or something." Tristan replied shrugging.

"Wait you want to be an accountant?" I asked ignoring the rest of the conversation. Just imagining Tristan in a suit in a small office with a calculator crunching numbers was mind numbingly funny.

"Yes, it pays well, and I love math, what's so wrong with that? Plus after dealing with Oliver, I have become rather gifted with the books." Tristan said giving me an odd look.

It shocked me that some people did not want magical jobs, Less wear and tare I guess.
But far too boring for my taste.

But that was Tristan's decision not mine. So I just stayed out of it. Anger did fill me briefly causing me to throw my panda pillow against the door, which was closed.

"Did I say that I hate Mikey?" I said, not asking, but stating.

"So, I have to ask, what really went down?" Chloe asked giving me a wondering look.

So she wanted to gossip? Wow, thanks Chloe! Now that I know why she was, really here.

"I was hanging out with a few guys that I had met earlier, Mikey saw us and assumed that I was a two timing hussy or something like that, and flipped." I growled, only to have my hand smacked by Chloe.

"Hussy, is not a nice word, we just got out of church Emmy!" Chloe said, tisking slightly at me as though she was disappointed.

"So, that was what he thought! Hello, such a lie, two of the guys had girlfriends, and the third was just as gay as Mikey, as it turns out!" I said annoyance clear in my throat.

"Jasper I bet over reacted. This is so his fault!" Chloe said giving a dirty look at the door.

"I don't think so, Emmy didn't exactly tell Jasper that before hand, I would get a little worried if I saw Angie hanging with a few good looking guys, instead of out on a date with me." Tristan said shaking his head in disagreement with Chloe.

"Emmy should not have to ask Jasper's permission to go hang with friends, what if she had to start to ask to go do things with you?" Chloe said a frown on her face.

"I would tell her to break up with him." Tristan said a sure look on his face.

"They already did." Chloe said, a smile upon her face.

"Good thing too, I never did like Jasper." Tristan said to himself more than me.

"That is a lie you guys are friends just as much as we are, and I am not breaking up with Jasper, we just need some time." I said slowly, trying to think of how much time we would need.

"You need to tell him you want to get together quick before he finds someone else, break, means free." Chloe said shaking her head in disapproval.

"No, that will make him think you are clingy, you should date someone else for a while, he will become jealous and then you will get him." Tristan said surely.

"That is a stupid idea, we saw what happened when she only hanged with other guys, if she actually dates someone else he will loose interest." Chloe said shaking her head at him.

"No, I would be all up for the chase." Tristan said smiling.

"That is you, Jasper isn't exactly up for chasing, he just lets things come to him." Chloe said not agreeing with him at all.

"Both of you are wrong. He needs to be punished, but not so much as to make him forget about her, Emmy should just let them cool off for a day or two, perhaps leave him alone, then after three or so days, ask him if he is ready to move on, or not." Rang out a voice from the doorway, Rose.

I actually nodded to her, that advice made the most sense. It was cool and collected something that I could easily follow, so operation cool down was in progress.
♠ ♠ ♠
I could not stop writing, all through the night, this chapter is dedicated to my cramps that would not let me sleep or stop mindlessly writing :)

Character of the Chapter:
Image
Congrats' Piyter