Status: 215 pages of pure tantalizing story, (Writing Chapter 28, and all that goes with it!)

Our Deathly Love

To be or not to be?

Image

"Emmy for the last time, it’s not that hard; all you have to do is take 'A2 + B2 = C2!'" Tristan replied annoyed, as he pointed to the formula I had written on my paper.

"And for the last time Tristan, all I see is a triangle!" I exclaimed pointing equally annoyed at the paper in front of me.

Math was never my strongest point. No doubt Geometry was kicking my ass. I felt stupid as Tristan basically did Chloe and I's homework. Yes, that's right Chloe and Tristan working together, no fighting, no evil looks, no sense of pure unadulterated hatred. Trust me, I am just as surprised as you are. One moment Chloe and Tristan are screaming at each other, the next Chloe is making him coffee in the morning and Tristan is helping us with homework! She didn't even spit in it first, and as far as Chloe and I know, these are the right answers.

So this leaves everyone completely dumbfounded.


Totally bothersome if you ask me!

What I would have given to have been a fly on the wall for that makeup conversation.

"By the way, Emmy, you want to work on laps tonight? Chloe is going to time me, I suggest that you get someone to time you, so you can get a clear idea of your ability." Tristan said smiling faintly at Chloe.

This was making me uncomfortable, I was use to them fighting. Now they were doing things together when they didn't have to even be in the same room?

Odd much?

I think so! This was completely outrageously odd!

"Um, sure... I'll ask Jasper." I replied, as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"So you guys aren't fighting anymore? What happened?" Chloe asked having no problem changing subjects quickly, before I could direct a question about Tristan and her.

"Actually, I think we made things very clear. Um, actually, things as far as I know are going better than ever." I said with a slight smirk on my face, as well as a light blush, as I looked down quickly filling in an answer before Tristan could do it for me.

"Emmy.... That’s right, how did you get that?" He asked stunned.

"Um, I did what you showed me to do." I replied trying to withhold my laughter. Only to fail miserably. Really the confused look on Tristan's face was priceless.

"Not to try to change subject from Emmy's amazing, unlikely success, but I want to know what happened with Jasper." Chloe said shaking her head insistent.

"Well, we came to an agreement. A very pleasant agreement." I added, my smirk only growing as I dreamily thought about Jasper's kiss.

"That sounds sinful." Chloe said giving me a disappointed look.

"Oh it was, and trust me it was the best kind." I added smiling as I thought about the shape of his lips. For some reason today, I felt very… Sharing?

"I don't want to know." Tristan said shaking his head as he gave Chloe a look as if to say 'it was none of her business and to drop it.'

"What, is Tristan afraid of talking about True Love?" Chloe asked, in what I think was her equivalent of a teasing-flirting-joke. I was almost too shocked to speak, now I knew they were abducted by Aliens!

Chloe flirting with Tristan.


Oh-my-god. No freaking way. No way. No way. No freaking gosh-darn way!

I was so taken back for words that I almost did not add in the fact that Jasper and I were not 'True Love?'

I have known the boy for like almost two weeks, we were not True Love, far from it. But I had to admit we had the potential to do something wonderful, together.

That was no doubt in my mind. I may not love Jasper at this point, but I really-really wanted things to lead to that. I could see him as being my first love. That was an easy thought, one that had crossed my mind many times as I slept last night; just not yet.

A girl can only hope soon though. Okay, so I was swooning... Could you blame me? The boy is like the love child of Rhett Butler and Fitzwilliam Darcy! Resistance is futile at this point!

I will admit it, although not to the world at this point, Jasper Emmet Everitt made me hot and sweaty. His kiss totally rocked my knees, and even made my foot want to do that ridiculous pop motion the girls in the movies, that I have watched this week, have all done.

Crazy but true, I was the Witch but I was totally under his spell, and he knew it.

Cocky irresistible jerk.

So would it even surprise anyone to know that he was waiting at the door when I tried to leave the room. Waiting ever so like a cute puppy to carry my books for me to our next class. Did I say that I really liked this boy?

"How was Geometry? Did you manage to help them today, or did you do Emmy's homework for her again, Tristan?" Jasper asked, laughing as he put my books in his bag, and wrapped an arm around my waist.

His skin brushing against mine set my body afire. Taking a deep breath to rebuttal I took in his amazing smell that he always had. His skin always smelled of Axe, peppermint, Old Spice, and sage. The sage being something he acquired from hanging in the greenhouse so long with me.

I think the smell was becoming on him.

But I could not allow myself to be overtaken by his smell as I piped in the one problem I had solved on my own.

"One out of thirty?" He said smiling cheeky-like.

"It was more than Chloe!" I said shaking my head as I gave him a fake frown.

One day I would have to learn the math, but I did not want it to be today.

"Way to totally throw me under the bus!" Chloe whined.

"She would not have to throw you under the bus if you tried Chloe." Tristan said, sharply, only to stop himself adding a 'sorry' to the end.

"Well I don't think it is fair! Why are you so good at math, and Emmy and I are so horrid!" Chloe asked annoyed as she kept less than arms length away from Tristan. Although Jasper and I were walking behind them I could still see the flash in Chloe's eyes.

She was truly annoyed.

"Why do you guys get to wear dresses and Jasper and I don't, life is full of unfair things, Chloe." Tristan said laughing out the last part.

"What about you and Jasper wearing dresses, what bet did you loose this time, Tristan?" Called out Oliver who had caught up to our group, his voice boisterous and followed by a choirs of laughing girls.

Arya, Tundry, and Sammy were walking behind him. Smiles placed on each face. I noticed that for once Tenabe was not with her. This was odd the boy always was following Sammy around. I made note of this occurrence in my mind as I tried to look away from her doll's eyes which stared blankly at me. I shivered as I remembered that someone was in that doll.

Creepy as hell, if you ask me.

How she could carry that around like it did not have a soul in it, I had no clue.

That was a form of magic I did not plan on ever using, or teaching. No one should be placed in an object.

Let Hell take them, I say. Or whatever awaits for evil, after this life.

I wondered if the doll's presence bothered Tristan as much as it did me. Someone, like Tristan or I, had created that thing.

From the look on Tristan's face as he caught sight of the doll he was freaked out as much as I was.

God, I can not imagine how Arya and Chloe live in the same room as all those creepy ass dolls.

Sammy herself was not disagreeable, in fact she was quite adorable.

Like her sister I found her interesting to the extreme.

Which was nice for a change. Although cute I had a feeling she could kick your ass, just as Tundry and Karma had proven, not all cute, small girls are defenseless.

Size, forgive the pun, does not matter when magic is involved.

"Um, no Chloe just was wondering about my mathematical abilities." Tristan said snorting, I am not joking he snorted.

"Who do you think does the books? Like I know how to do taxes, or pay bills. Our little Angel boy is full of surprises! I mean he almost single-handedly saved us, like what was it again Tristan?" Oliver asked a smirk on his face as he showed off for Tristan.

For a moment I was quiet wondering what Chloe would say to this comment by Oliver. He had after all referred to Tristan as an Angel, and not a Fallen, no doubt it was to annoy Chloe. Yet, for what ever reason, Chloe did not so much as flinch, or give him a rude comeback at the miss identification.

She instead turned her head intently over in Tristan’s direction waiting for his answer. It seemed that Chloe would allow him this one moment of pride.

"Um.. 500,000 pounds, I think..." Tristan said shrugging his shoulders as if saving Oliver half a million pounds wasn’t a big deal.

"No shit? You are joking right, who the hell was doing your taxes before hand?" Jasper asked his hand squeezing once on my waist, a smile and a laugh mixing on his face as we all continued to walk.

"Benvolio.... Never again, never again I tell you!" Oliver replied throwing his hands in the air as he dramatically exclaimed to the entire school his disappointment in Benvolio.

One would think that Benvolio, who was actually in the hallway, would be angry at this, but he was wrapped up talking to Piyter. More flirting than talking if you ask me, but busy none the less.

For some reason, I had a feeling that they got each other's numbers after the whole 'I like wands,' incident Sunday.

I could not help but wonder since everyone else knew, when Piyter was going to explain to his brothers that he was gay.

Just wondering......

At a fleeting glance as we passed them to go to class, I noticed that they were happy, and I realized to my own shock that I myself was happy.

Such a weird notion.

I had never really had friends, yet here I stood, a cute boy that I liked had his arm wrapped around my waist. I was laughing at jokes, made by people who would shoot me smiles themselves. When I would speak others would stop and listen to what I'd say, and for the most part agree.

My heart dropped to my stomach as butterflies swam relentlessly at the insides of it, as I felt Jasper's noes rub against my neck, his breath danced on my throat as he whispered silently to me as we waited outside of our next classroom, allowing the rest of the group to go in ahead of us.

"Emmy, your smile is driving me crazy. I hope you know." He whispered his face pulling away from my neck to plant a stolen kiss on my lips, a kiss I eagerly gave back. Could you blame me?

He was addictive, and no, not in the illegal drug sense, really what are books teaching people these days?

Yet, as we stood there next to the doorway of our next class, and his lips were pressed passionately against mine; my heart raced, my body tingled, and I realized that I would rather be no where else.

Actually, I think if given the opertunity, we would have really gone at it, but of course making out in a doorway of a classroom, filled with other people, had it’s way of getting you noticed.

Especially when your teacher was Miss. Devolin, the Dragon-Lady of the school. Mrs. Jullian was crazy, that was no doubt, but Miss. Devolin, had a knack for speaking her mind, in offensive and punishing ways.

Although I have only had a few classes with her so far, it was easy to tell that she picked favorites. She also enjoyed using the nastier side of science to poke holes in peoples beliefs, and make fun of them, while, apparently teaching us ‘valuable lessons.’

Actually, I had a feeling that she enjoyed harassing us more than teaching us. Okay, so maybe Jasper and I should not have been making out in the hallway… But still, that left no reason for her to bring her ruler down so hard that it almost broke on the doorframe.

“Badica, Everitt, if I see that kind of animalistic behavior again it will be detention for both of you!” She screeched, her voice coming out in a nasally high soprano. Sighing Jasper and I backed away from each other; there was no point arguing with her today.

Walking into her class, I was still disgusted by the smell of lemon, which was doing a crappy job of covering up the smell of embalming fluid. From the looks of things Jasper and I were the last ones to show up. Our small class of twenty-three, was all present. From the looks of the smirks and snickers, everyone of course, had seen us going at it…. Perhaps next time, Jasper and I should be more secretive about such things?

Shrugging slightly Jasper and I took our seats in the front, Chloe and Arya sat at the two person lab desk next to me. Tristan and Angie sat at the lab desk next to Jasper. Chloe being closest to me, and Tristan being closest to Jasper.

This was the way we had sat since the first day we had this class. Although, an opportune seating arrangement for talking, a lot of talking was not done. Miss Devolin would never allow others to state their opinion! Talking was out of the question, we were here in her class to listen and believe all that she told us, whether or not it was offensive, crude, or down right stupid.

Although, besides Chloe, I don’t particularly like the ‘Angels,’ I unlike Miss. Devolin do not go out of my way to cause problems.

Here’s the thing, Miss. Devolin is nothing but a resentful old bat. (Okay, so she was like 30 and not really old, but still!) She happens to be a Angel/Fallen mixture, which meant she was not a full Angel which meant that the Angel community had shut her out, as not being one of them.

One could only wonder why she would choose to pick on the leaders of C.A.T.’s children, right?

Simple enough, she used teaching as a way to get back at the community that shunned her. She has come right out and stated her dislike of C.A.T. in a way Tristan himself did, yet her’s was more offensive. So far it has only been sly remarks, dirty looks, smirks, and rude noises, I had a feeling that by the topic of today’s lecture she was going to go more into her hatred.

I should first say that she is our Creaturology, teacher.

That means that she teaches us about the scientific parts of what we are, how it works, and how we apply to modern science, and what we can do with what we have, or things we can do to improve our species.

The first day of class she had handed out a sheet that would tell us the topic of our discussions, so that we could look them up, in our textbook, online, or where-ever else, and help with the debate.

Today’s topic was on Pure-lines.

I had a feeling that toes were going to be stepped on when I saw that the board had lovingly upon it’s surface ‘Pure-lines = Mutation & Extinction of Species,’ Hell a quarter of the class had to be a Pure-line.

Biting my lip I gave Jasper a worried look as she marched to the front of the class only inches away from me, and started to speak.

“Pure-lines, as you can see from the board are something that needs to be gotten rid of, it makes little sense in this day and age to be fixated on blood. That is my stance, any objections?” She said giving us a look as if to question if we had balls enough to argue with her.

I wanted to argue with her, I would have willingly taken the bullet and defended not only Chloe, but Rae and Carla, not to mention my whole father’s side of the family.

Unfortunately, Chloe had her hand raised before I could even think of raising my own, in protest.

“That is bigotry, and being a Pure-line is something to be proud of; it makes you stronger, your powers more defined and gives you advances in life that other’s do not have, thanks to mixing.” Chloe stated, answering before Miss. Devolin called on her.

Chloe’s answer only lit a spark in Miss Devolin’s eyes. A small smile formed on her face, as she tapped her chin.

“Aww, now when having such lines gives you a title, separating yourself from so called ‘lesser beings’ who is really being the bigot Miss Comberfeild? Also, I want to thank you for nominating yourself as my first example of the day, you yourself are a Pure-line are you not? Please by all means come stand next to me.” Miss Devolin said a small smirk on her face as she looked at Chloe like prey.

I watched silently in horror as Chloe did as she asked, a frown set clear upon her face as she most likely grudgingly stepped forward.

Everyone sat as if on pins and needles, waiting for what Miss. Devolin would do or say next.

“I think as a scientist it is my job to take your answer pull it apart, and see if I can make my own defenses for all that you have put forward, well I mean all that is not a personal belief and therefor can not be changed.” She said in a sing-song voice.

“Fine by me,” Chloe answered curtly. I could feel the tension in the room. It was strangling!

“Okay, first we should take a moment to realize that Pure-lines, like the Angels, is something hard to keep up. They started out, recorded of course, with well less than a thousand Angels. At least from your documentation, although religious documentation should not normally be taken as a reason of existence, I shall let it slide this time. As I was saying, if Pure-lines are kept, then after a period of time, with only breeding within the group, it is a given that mutations will occur, simply because of the amount of incest occurring.” Miss Devolin gave Chloe a small smile as she took a long pause, walked over to her desk, her back to us as she took a sip out of her water bottle.

Silence overlapped the room. She had said something that went far over the line. Fuck, the line was in Romania, and she had made it into Antarctica! That was how far over the line she was. Not only was it insulting, rude, horrible, repulsing, it was true.

She had a point, a sick, true point. Something all Pure-lines liked to keep under the rug, if you get my drift.

“That-That-That, is wrong! I am insulted, you are insulting, and rude, and disgusting!” Chloe screeched her voice dripping with anger.

“My dear, science doesn’t lie, just look at yourself. Your body is a swimming pool for extinction, and easily shows how close the Angel community is to incest. All of you have blue eyes and blonde hair, you count that as a dominant gene, I count that as a crack overdose of recessive. Most Angels have the same form; Lanky, and as we can tell from everyone’s medical files that we looked at earlier in the week, the Angel’s, you especially, have fail, weak bones. Not to mention what all the recessive genes have done to your reproductive system, you are what? Seventeen, and look at yourself, practically no hips, definitely no chest! I bet with such a frail body like yours, you might if your lucky have one child, that lives at least. This is the same for most of the Angel community, and as time goes on, the weaker you will get, the weaker you get in body the weaker you get in powers, fresh-blood added to the lines would freshen it up a bit, maybe even strengthen the powers. Yet, Pure-lines would rather die than tarnish their blood with that of other’s. So yes, I do think that Pure-lines will lead to extinction.” Miss. Devolin stated a smirk on her face as she looked at Chloe, who at this time looked sick.

“I am leaving.” Those three words left Chloe’s mouth simply as she walked away from the front of the room, grabbed her books and turned to leave.

“Can you not face the truth?” Miss. Devolin asked a smile on her face as she looked at Chloe with satisfaction.

“It is not that I can’t face the truth, it is the fact that you are the worse teacher I have ever encountered in my life, instead of enriching us, or even telling us what you did in a way not to make offence, you do so for your own personal vendetta, and enjoyment, showing that what we Pure-lines say is true; Mixes, are simply joke-able creatures, who are bitter and jealous of what we have. So no, I can handle the truth, that you wish you were me, and guess what I am enjoying every moment of that. Why stay for a lecture that is done so unprofessionally, when I myself can live it better than you could ever dream to teach it?” Chloe said a smile on her face as she pulled dignity and grace from some unknown place and pulled it around her like a blanket, no one moved as she left the room, only silence as the door closed shut with out showing any bit of anger or disgrace that Chloe must have been feeling.

Now that was class, in its highest form.

As you could guess the debate was over after Chloe left, if we would not have received detentions I have a feeling everyone would have clapped, or left with her.

Yah, I don’t want to be signed up for detention with that old bat.

The rest of the class hour went smoothly, she made us read a few chapters in our textbook, and write a few notes, but besides that she did not bother us. I think she was in deep thought about what had been said. That was not hard to believe, I myself could not stay away from thinking about what Chloe said for more than two seconds.

The quietness of the room allowed the time to go by quickly and before I knew it, it was time for us to leave for our next class.

Sadly at this point I had to part ways with Jasper, and the others, I had French next and Jasper had a Computer class on the other side of the school.

I did get to walk to class with Tundry, and Mikey though, as always their conversations were ever enlightening to the struggle of the teen girl population and boy problems.

French was the same as the walk except, for the fact that I then had to listen to Tundry complain about how none of the material that I was helping her with made sense.

I think I was slowly getting through her though, after a while she needed less and less help on problems and could do more and more on her own.

This by itself was amazing!

I must say that the conversations around the room, were not school appropriate!

Take for instance the fight Fredrick and Monique were having in French, or maybe the dirty jokes Mikey was saying about Vincent, or the lovely comment Vincent would say in return to such words….

Simply lovely, I tell you!

It was not hard to tell that I was happy to leave that class, even if I did have to go to Human-History next.

Wait, I lied, no… Human-History sucked, totally sucked, like 100% sucked! Mr. Camebridge had sick delight in giving out reports, such sick delight, I tell you!

Delight in which left Jasper, Fredrick, Monique and I at a scramble to write a ten page report by Monday…. Must I remind you it was Thursday. The guy was crazy! Pure crazy!

At first I had only been worried about the time allowed, but once I found out what we had been assigned I knew that it would be bigger than just time.

"No," at first glance that was the only thing Jasper had said. It was not in disbelief, it was a firm and steady answer, as if his objections would change Mr. Camebridge's mind.

"Tuberculosis, is going to be one of the easiest reports I give out to research. You will do it, or the whole group will fail." He said shaking his head as he walked away leaving us sitting there, with our supplies, consisting of a textbook, two laptops, and a notebook.

Monique and Fredrick quickly scooped up the laptops, and I took the text book, leaving Jasper with a blank notebook. I thought that, that was for the best.

I had a feeling that TB was what did him in, in the end after all. This was not something that he would want to deal with. From the pictures in the book, this was not something I wanted to look at as well. Scanning the page my eyes came upon a certain section that made me sick as I read it.

What are the signs and symptoms of TB disease?

*Symptoms of TB disease depend on where in the body the TB bacteria are multiplying. TB bacteria usually multiply in the lungs. TB in the lungs can cause:

*A bad cough that lasts longer than 2 weeks
*Chest pain
*Coughing up blood or sputum (phlegm from deep inside the lungs)
*Other symptoms are: weakness or tiredness, weight loss, chills, fever, and night sweats


Biting my lip I thought about what it would feel like to go through that, coughing up blood did not sound fun, it sounded painful.

Looking over the top of my book, I caught myself looking at Jasper. Returning my stare he gave me such an odd look. I could not break away from his eyes, we must have sat there just staring at each other with knowing, for a while, because by time I looked up Monique already had the first three pages of the report done.

She was efficient that was for sure.

"This is a drag, TB is something I don't want to have to see again." Fredrick replied annoyed as he rolled his eyes clicking off a web page.

"No shit," Jasper said letting out a deep breath, his words lingered in the air for a moment before Fredrick began.

"I mean it is not nearly as gross as the Black Plague but still, frankly all of these wasting deaths suck big time if you know what I mean." He added rolling his eyes as he too let out a sigh.

"My cousin Elizabeth died of it, if I am not mistaken.... It was so long ago, I am not certain exactly how quick it took to work it's way through her. I remember her being frail, I guess it was less than a month." Monique added looking at us for a moment before going back to typing, from the looks of things she was doing our report for us.

"A month sounds about right, although I almost lasted two." Jasper said wringing his hands in his lap. His eyes were sharp, waiting to see what we would say about that.

"Two months is long, you were very strong I suppose, at least strong willed." Fredrick said, nodding in contentment with his comment, and taking this conversation very easy.

I had to wonder if they had talked about it before, only because they both were taking this conversation so well.

"Honorable, to die from something not your fault, I jumped. I was foolish, although arrogant might be more truthful." Monique added a small chuckle filling her throat.

That was weird, how could all three of them be talking about death so easily? Although, unlike me they were all three already dead, where as I was not.

"What is it like to die?" I asked suddenly, regaining my voice. I knew that I should've kept my mouth shut, somethings the living do not need to know about. Yet, I could not help but ask.

"It hurts." Jasper said, stopping there, I could tell that Monique wanted to add more to that, but Jasper flashed her a look as if to say to not open her mouth.

"Oh..." I said looking down as I thought about the pain Jasper has gone through while living and as he died.

The conversation about death seemed to drop at that point, no one brought any more up after that, and the class hour moved on what seemed to be extra slow, I could only watch in boredom as the hands on the clock ticked and moved away, giving a silent prayer as the bell rang releasing me from this class.

I was practically running when that bell rang, not only was I hungry, I was tired of being cooped up all day in stuffy, hot classrooms.

Although it may surprise people when I got my lunch, consisting of an orange and a salad, I did not hide away to eat it instead, I went to meet up with everyone.

The lunch tables were not that large, but Tristan and Jasper pulled a few of them together to make room for everyone. I had to admit I enjoyed eating lunch with all of my new friends.

Arya, Oliver, Tristan, Chloe, Rose, Mikey, Angie, Sammy, Tenebe, and even Vincent was present for lunch, as well as a few others.

I of course sat in between Tristan and Jasper, like always. Or at least as I had done all week, except when I was fighting with Jasper.

We were all very odd, not counting Mikey, Sammy, and Tenebe, along with a few of their other friends that always were doing something weird at lunch.

Today, apparently we were all subject to them reacting the Very Potter Musical. You know I got scared when Rose and Oliver got into it....

Did I mention I hate Harry Potter?

But dang, Gotta get back to Hogwarts, is a catchy song!

Apparently no one told Sammy and Rose that liking Harry Potter was funny, and stereotypical.

And that is how the entire table got magically, egged... Just because we like the song does not mean we can sing it.

Just saying.

It is sad when we spent more time singing than eating.

If it wasn't for the fact that everyone else was singing I would have shrunk away.

Thank god, that Rose, Sammy, and I all had clean up spells and it only took a small time for us to get everyone cleaned up.. It was still embarrassing though.

I was ready to go to Magical P.E.

Today, was average, no fighting, if anything we were practicing our skills, I was suppose to work on my spell time, I had a knack for taking forever for things to take effect.

I also got to work with Jasper on my ability to telepathically call him.

It showed how intoned both of us were to our powers. Our record was ten seconds.

Apparently in the eyes of Mr. Clean, that was ten seconds too long.

He says that it should be automatic, but I find it hard to do that. I can't just turn on a switch in my head and leave it on all the time, I would go crazy.

It was frustrating. Even more so when I could see Chloe healing people, Arya shifting full, and others using more interesting powers than me.

Hell Even Rose and Vincent were better at using their powers than Jasper and I. Vincent would try and hit Rose, and Rose would try and 'see, it before it happened, sometimes she would be off for a second. Yet, the next time she would be a head of time. She was doing much better than I was.

Let's just say that I was happy when class was over.

Getting out of P.E. meant only one thing to me, Drama!

My favorite class of the day. When Jasper and I had arrived at that class on the first day, I had been worried that I would not enjoy it or that the teacher would hate me. Not at all true. Drama was now my favorite class and Miss. Copperfield, easily my favorite teacher.

She had a light about her that shined brightly. She was kind, caring, a good listener, and above all fun.

I always wore a smile when I came to her class, (which I had almost every day). Taking my seat next to Jasper I waited for her to start class, smiling I watched as she, walked slithered over, her tail just peaking out of her long flowy skirt.

"Emmy, I need to speak with you, it is about Swim Team, I have decided that with your acceptance that Tristan and you will be the captains of the team." She said in her high soprano voice.

This startled me slightly, "But there are Mermaids on the team, and Water Faeries, and you pick a Fallen and a Witch?" I asked in disbelief.

"That is the point, most of the team is Water related, what you don't understand is they are weak compared to you guys, simply because they have always swam with their powers. Most would not think to Glamour on legs when they could swim ten times better with a tail, or using some power. They will need to be retaught how to swim, as normal people do, so Tristan and you have the advantage." She said smiling as she waited for my answer.

"I- Oh why not, I'm in." I said feeling spontaneous as I did so. It felt good to not worry about something like that.

To do something big and not think about it, wow... Maybe I was spending too much time with everyone, if even I did things without thinking about them all the way through to the littlest detail.

I have never been a spontaneous person, and this was making me nervous, but I forced myself to push that to the back of my mind. I was a good swimmer, although I did not really swam in pools, I think it couldn't be that bad. I was use to the water, we had a small river that ran through town, it let out into a clean pond. I would spend a lot of time swimming there in the summer. Unlike the pond that I swam in here, it was actually clean, and not gross. Mom had also taken us to the beach when I was twelve.

That had to have been one of the best vacations I have ever taken. Before I had never seen a city before. I had spent my entire life in my small cramp village and in the forest. Although I love the forest, the city held a kind of beauty that I could not even put into words.

All the cars, people, and buildings, all working together in almost, perfect harmony; now that was magic! Some of the buildings even looked taller than the mountains! I think I liked it because as I would walk around people would be too busy to notice me, and therefor would not cross the street to avoid me, or give me dirty looks. I was just one with the mass, and not different than anyone else, just another person trying to go somewhere. Nothing more, nothing less.

Then there was the beach; I don't think I could have imagined such a place. I mean of course I had read of beaches before, but it was not the same as seeing it. It is never the same as seeing it.

The beaches I had read about were ones surrounding tropical islands; places that were too magical to be real. Although the sand was not white, and I could not see through the water as far, as the characters in books I had read had, I loved it none the less. I would take my yellow sand, and semi-murky water any day.

But at the end of the week, it was time to pack up my small suitcase, and go back home with mom.

Although I loved the city I could tell from the looks on moms face and some of the comments she made that she was happy to come home.

Thinking that I could take the beach home with me, I had put a bucket of sand in my suitcase, truly, we are still finding sand in that bag.

"Earth to Emmy?" Jasper said waving a hand across my face as I tried to compose myself. It was bad that I was constantly drifting out. I was way too dreamy for my own good. Perhaps, that was something I should think about working on?

"Sorry, you were saying?" I said grimacing realizing that people were turned around looking at me. Not just people, but everyone. Shit! what had I missed this time?

"As I was saying, Emmy, I would like for you to start today's lesson." Miss. Copperfield said giving me a small smile as she realized that I had not heard a single word she had said before.

Crap, what lesson? What was I suppose to do? Why was I never paying attention? Why was Miss. Copperfield putting me up like this? Why me? Really, that is the question now, isn't it?

"Um, sure... What am I doing again?" I asked rubbing the back of my neck as I blushed watching people, along with Jasper, chuckle.

Note to self; get him back later on.

"We are doing random readings today. I want you to start; the way this will work is you will go on stage with a book that I give you. You will sit on that bench under the spot light, and read the section on the page I tell you, that is highlighted. You will be graded on performance, as well as, theatrical appeal, if you want you may move around, and act, just do your best." She said waving her hand at me, as if I was wasting time; which I was.

This is what I get for being spontaneous isn't it?

Biting my bottom lip I took my normal deep breath, grabbing the book out of her hand, I walked stiffly to the stage, not daring to look around at everyone.

Swallowing I looked down to see what book I actually had to read from, tension fell from my shoulders as I saw the title.

A small smile creeped its way upon my face, I could definitely work with this. Running my tongue over my parched and cracked lips, I began.

"To be, or not to be; that is the question......" After those first few words, the lines came out perfectly, flowing from my mouth like a river made completely of words and feelings. Hamlet after all was about emotion, anger, shock, bitterness, lies, and a simple rawness that I felt connected on a deeper level to. Hamlet, was a character that I understood almost as much as I understood myself.

Even though I knew that this exercise was suppose to challenge me, I think it was one of the easiest things I had done so far.

As the words left my lips, so did actions, and movements, that reflected what I was saying and how I was saying it. I took the spotlight in stride, if people were going to watch, I sure as hell was going to give them a show.

I wasn't going to lie, this was like an ultimate high; having people look at you, and being strung onto every word you say. Although, I did not like being the center of attention, when I was on stage, I became someone else entirely.

I was Hamlet. I was no longer Emmy. I was an actress playing my part. I was suave and sophisticated. I was someone people wanted to be. I was that, girl. I was free to do what ever I wanted; cry, scream, laugh, have a complete melt down, because this was acting, and I was just an actress.

At first before I had begun to speak; the moment I was walking up the stage with people staring at me, waiting for me to fail, I had felt like I was going to puke. Not the bent up magic puke, but the dizzy, jumpy, scared shitless, kind of sickness.

Yet, as I stood here on stage taking a short, pride-filled bow among the clapping and embarrassing whistles from Jasper, and Fredrick, I felt happy.

Really, truly happy.

I had to think that maybe, just maybe, I had been too judgmental about the school before, and that I might actually like it here.

Okay, so I may not like everyone, and I may find things weird, and I may still be a control freak, who might still be in the running for most likely to become a hermit, but things were looking up.

I had friends, new hobbies, a boyfriend, hell I even had plans. Somehow in the middle of all the worry, bitterness, and fear, I had find time to plan things. Little things, that made my stay here less undetermined, more long term.

There were so many things that I wanted to find out about. There were so many mysteries about this place that I had yet to undercover. So as class continued and I took my place outside of the stage light, between Fredrick and Jasper I continued to smile.

I took my place among the masses of the class, clapping and adding the same effects that were granted for the moments. Drama finished far too soon, for my liking and I did what was expected of me as a student, poring out of the room with the rest of the swarm of my fellow students.

"Emmy, you have free period this hour right?" Fredrick asked as the three of us walked down the hallway.

I nodded yes, sending him a smile as I squeezed Jasper's hand in mine, swinging our arms back and forth as we walked comfortably down the hallway.

"Jasper has class right, why don't we drop him off and then go hangout in the quad?" Fredrick asked nonchalantly, as he multitasking between walking, talking, and putting his things in his bag.

"Maybe next time, I have things I have to do today." I replied shrugging my shoulders as I picked up the pace. I had to get Jasper on time to class, before I had to meet Rowan about our deal.

"Do you need help?" He asked trying to worm his way into my plans. Although I would have liked to let him come, I knew if he found out what I was doing he would tell Jasper, and I could not have that.

"No, I have to do this alone, um, it's a girl thing." I said lying, I knew that if I said that he would drop it. At least I hoped he would drop it. It was in my experience that guys tended to drop things if the words 'girl thing' were placed in the sentence.

If I had to I would say that I was going shopping for some things that I thought would make him very unlikely to follow, but that was unnecessary because he nodded as if understanding and dropped the subject.

"Bye guys, I'll see you later on Fredrick, and Jasper, I'll see you last hour." I added giving Jasper a quick peck on the cheek and nodding to Fredrick before speeding off towards the meeting place Rowan and I agreed on.

At first I had been worried that Fredrick might follow me, but after a few minutes I was sure he was not following me. A small amount of tension left my shoulders as I realized this. I needed to do this with no witnesses besides Rowan himself. I was still not sure if what I was doing was right. I was still not sure if I should even do this, or why I was doing this in the first place.

I could die if I did not do this right, I could die if I was caught by anyone willing to tell on us. Yet, I was unwilling for some reason to deny him this. I could not let him loose himself. I felt a connection to Rowan, not a romantic one or anything like that of course, but I felt that I needed to help him. I understood how he felt, he deep down was a good person, but as of the moment he was with the wrong crowd, and on the wrong track.

He was dealt cards that were unfair, his life written for him already. I hated not being in control, I could not imagine being in his place, knowing that he would and could hurt people, and become someone he never wanted to be in the first place. Everyone has a choice right?

Okay, so no, not everyone has a choice, but everyone should have a choice. That was what this was about, I think, giving him a choice. So many people would be disgusted with what I was doing: helping a Demon.

I knew that Chloe, Tristan, and so many others that I had come to know would freak out if they found out. Yet, what was the real difference from helping Chloe figure out how she was acting was not right, or helping Tristan with his wings any different from helping Rowan save himself?

In a way this was just like Fredrick and church. I-just, was unsure, I have always been very closed minded, I have always stuck to what I knew, I have always not trusted those different from me, and avoided them with all costs. Yet, now? Things were different, it had taken less than two weeks to change me, maybe I was still judgmental, but being here had set in a motion, that I knew would forever be with me. If being here for two weeks had helped me this much imagine how I would be in a year?

Taking a breath I allowed that to sink in, not just the thoughts of what could change in me, but that I had even thought I would be here as long as a year. I was setting roots here, roots that I knew would not be easy to pull up.

Nodding to myself I looked around at the place that Rowan and I had chosen for us to meet. It was unlikely we would be overheard, we were going to be meeting so deep in the forest in the first place. Quickening my pace I made it to the clearing that we agreed upon. My fingers tightened upon my Grimoire as I saw him standing propped against a tree trunk. His eyes darting around finally landing on me, I watched as he let out a deep breath.

"So you came?" He asked a hesitant smile forming upon his face as I walked quickly over to where he stood.

"I told you that I would." I said simply, as I nodded to him, licking my lips, I allowed a pause to take place in our speaking. This was the moment when we both realized exactly to what we agreed upon doing.

"Thanks, Emmy, I just... I don't-I mean-I..." His words hovered in the air, the silence that followed the disarray of fragments was pungent.

"Really, it's fine, we just need to figure out exactly what needs to be done." I said shrugging dropping to the ground I patted next to me, watching as he hesitantly sat down next to me as well.

"I thought you knew what you were doing." He said giving me a worried glance.

"I know some of what needs to be done, but I will need help, don't worry, we will know what needs to be done soon enough." I added, not really believing what I was saying, I was worried and I was afraid, but I had to do this.

Opening my book, I looked for the page that I needed, stopping at the newly well-used page I took a breath ready to do what needed to be done.

"How can we get answers from all of those scribbles?" He asked trying to look at what was in the book. I smiled then, realizing that it would look like scribbles to someone that was not use to the book, or the owner.

"I can read it just fine, all Grimoire's have blockers for those who should not look upon the pages." I said shaking my head as I pulled my pin out of my bag. Pricking my finger, I did what was needed to yet again summon Clarrissa.

I was not amazed by the process, and even though this was not a time to laugh, the look on Rowan's face was priceless and Clarrissa suddenly appeared out of nothing.

"You called, Emelia?" She asked her voice on edge as she gave a slight smirk Rowan's way. She knew exactly why she was here, unless she had been lying or slumping in watching me.

"Cut the crap, Clarrissa you know why you are here, I have need of your assistance." I said the words rolling off the tip of my tongue.

"Yes, I know why I am here, I do find this interesting, I would not have expected you of all people to do this. I will be willing to help, but in return I will expect three things." She said an evil smile upon her face as she looked from Rowan to me, I could tell that she had something planned, something that I did not want a part of.

"You expect something from me? You are my servant, I do not trade with those who are property." I said anger boiling in my blood. I truly did not think those things, yet, I knew that I could not let her walk all over me, I just did what I thought Ivon would say, or even Piyter.

"Emelia; Sweety, I was only playing before, you are not in control of me, as you are not in control of Rowan, or even Jasper. You can order me to help you; that is true, but I can do my best to deny the orders, and if you want this to work and not kill you both you had better allow me my conditions. Just because I watch you does not mean that I can not easily move onto another, Rayna sounds my type of girl." She said, all of the niceness that had been in her, leaving her voice, anger pooled around her, the blue light that usually surrounded her making her glow slightly, now was a shade between red and black.

At this moment, I realized why at first I had been so cautious of this woman; she would help and be my friend only at a cost. She could be social and nice when need be, but things were still in her control to some extent.

There was a reason she was not well liked by my other ancestors, or called upon in times of need, she was truly evil. She would get what she wanted out of things, in a way she wanted. Yet, she was also the only one that I knew of, of my ancestors that knew how to even begin to help out right now.

"I doubt that you can move on to another, you said yourself that you were told to watch me. This is unlike you, normally you keep the monster in bay, I must say that for a while you had me thinking that you were not nearly as bad as the others said you were. I think that it is quite funny that you would make a Goodbe' your heir." I said laughing at the notion, I knew she was not all talk but I would brush it off as if she was. I needed to give Rowan a little sense that I had things under control.

"Your point is valid in that notion, I am not sure if I could move on to watching over someone else, and I would never make a Goodbe an heir, but you yourself are not my heir. Although, I know that my heir will be around in a few years, I will stay with you until she arrives, although I am told to watch you, I was not told that you had to be alive or well, just to watch you. Keep that in mind Darling. Also, it is foolish for you to forget that I am evil. As you can not deny that you are good. You make a nice show of it, trying to prove yourself to be neutral or even evil, but this situation alone proves that you are just another goody-two-shoes. Let me take a wild guess at what you plan on doing with what you even get out of this situation? You plan on taking the Demon part of his soul? You do not plan on using it, or gaining power, you plan on doing the right thing, banishing it, taking the good girl way out. The favors you would only use if truly needed, you have no plan in which to make the favors worth your wile. Most likely you will use the favors, if at all for your friends, or the boyfriend, you try to make it seem like you are in control of Ghosts, but you would rather spend your time kissing one. You have potential, but at this point you are a disappointment to Necromancers." Clarrissa said shaking her head as she smiled at me. She knew she hit a cord with that one.

"I would rather you would not test me Clarrissa, I will give you what you ask for, perhaps, but also for what you have said to me you will be punished. Speak, your demands while I find your punishment." I said, annoyance clearly upon my face as I flipped through my Grimoire. I normally did not punish or harm those I summoned, but she had crossed the line, I needed to make sure she would not cross that line and defy me again. I needed to be in control. I really did not want to do this to her but, as my fingers lingered on the spell that I knew I had to use, I could not find a reason to pick another one.

"I want two favors; of my choice, and I want you to not banish the soul splinter." She said crossing her arms in front of her chest, the dark aura that had surrounded her was replaced by the normal blue one again.

"What are you planning to do with the soul splinter?" I asked giving her a hard look, as I kept the spell clear upon my mind, that I planned on using soon enough.

"I want you to take it in." She said a smirk on her face. This made me stop cold, that would kill me.

"No." I said firm as I gave her a death glare.

"I am not saying to take the soul in, just the power attached to it. Banish the soul part, but take in the power. That and the two favors are all I want." She said giving me a look as if I would deny her. Biting my lip I thought about it for a moment.

I would decide what to do later on, but for now I needed her to tell us how to do what needed to be done.

"Yes, fine, tell us what we need to do first." I said my words breaking off. After I found out what I was going to need to do I would then figure out if I was going to do this.

"Ha! As if you would decide so soon, but I will humor you, I will tell you what needs to be done, and then you can figure out if you agree later on. The Soul Splinter Spell needs to be done when the Demon is in control, but weak. We shall do the spell a few minutes after midnight on his 17th birthday. We will do it out here, under the moonlight. We will need to have him chained down, this will be a problem, you will need to locate Demon proof chains. I know of a few places you can get them from. It will be dangerous and you might be discovered if your motives are found out." Clarrissa said giving me a serious look.

"Were can we find them?" I asked annoyed at her pause.

"I know of two people you know that will have them, how you will get them I am unsure. Doris, the Dwarf will know where to find some, Dwarfs make them after all, and Ivon has a pair hanging on his bedroom wall. Decoration I suppose, actually, from the looks of them, they were mine. Which ever you choose to go after is your choice, although we will not be able to do this without them." She said shaking her head as if she thought that this would be hard for me to do.

"Easy, ha, no problem, I mean Clarrissa, you and I both heard how easy Jamii is influenced, and I can make Piyter get them no problem, I think, no I know. What do I need next?" I asked brushing this off, I could trick those boys no problem, I hoped.

"The potion to use along with the spell is going to be hard to make, you will need Angelic tears, Demon sweat, hair from a Royal Faerie, blood from a Vampire, scales from a Mermaid, holy water, brimstone, sage, dogwood, rosemary, lilac, and of course your blood, my blood, and his blood." She said looking at me as if I should be taking notes, nodding to her I quickly took out a pen and wrote it in the Grimoire on an empty page.

"I can get the things, most of the things I can get at home. I have to wonder how you were able to get these things before? I mean they are easy things to get because of the school, but before it had to have been horrible." I said looking down at the things I needed, I wonder how hard it would be to get these things from people.

"In my day you could get almost anything off the Red Market." She said shaking her head.

"How long do I have to get these things?" I asked suddenly turning around giving Rowan my attention.

"A little less than two months..." He said giving us a nervous glance.

"Do we have time to prepare?" I asked looking back at Clarrissa.

"Yes, I suppose, I need you to get all of the things from the potion item list, and summon me back in one week, leave the chains for later on, just don't forget about them." Clarrissa said ending the discussion.

"Then I am finished for you as of now." I said clapping my hands together I did what was needed, watching as she erupted in blue flames a scream filling the air before she disappeared.

I knew that she had thought I had forgotten her punishment, but I had not. She needed to learn some manners, she was not going to treat me in such a way. I was good but not a pushover.

"That looked...." He gave me a worried look as if I killed her.

"She is already dead, maybe next time she comes back she will not have such a sharp tongue, all I need you to do, is get the Demon sweat, and your blood, the sweat can't be your own, I would get it myself but besides you I do not hang out with Demons." I said brushing myself off as I stood up and started to get ready to leave, putting my book and pen back in my bag.

"I can do that, so we will meet here, next Thursday, at this time? I'll bring the Demon sweat, and you can take my blood there.. How much sweat do you need anyways?" He asked worried.

"Ten to twenty drops. I'll see you later, but remember not a word to anyone." I said walking away from him back towards the school, trying my best to forget the flames that had surrounded Clarrissa, as I did so.

I could not help but feel bad, she had it coming, but still. This guilt, led to annoyance, which easily led to anger as well, so when I entered my next class, Computers, I was already in a bad mood. Then sitting at my computer desk I realized that my computer was black, it was not working for some reason. This of course made me even more mad. To the point where I actually hit the computer.

"Emmy, really now? You have to turn it on before you can expect it to work." Came out an all too British voice. I before I could lift my head I watched as Oliver walked over, pushed an all to obvious button and saw my computer come to life before my eyes.

boy, did I feel stupid.

"I knew that, just so you know." I added lying as I put my password into the computer.

"Sure you did." He said plopping down at the desk next to me.

"I did," I said defending myself, unnecessarily.

"I never said you didn't, just trying to help." He added looking away from me as he typed something on his keyboard.

We were suppose to be working on some program, getting use to the system, I doubted we would have any real work to do today. Although I was annoyed with Oliver, it was hard to get over the fact that he had in fact one of the ingredients I needed.

"Tundry and I were just talking about that. Actually we have a bet, you see." I said leading him on, I knew just mention of her name would have him eating out of the palm of my hand.

"What kind of bet, not that it matters." He said trying to brush me off, but I knew I had hit a nerve.

"See, I have a potion that calls for Royal Faerie hair, Tundry does not think that it would work with your hair, because of you not being the first born and all, I say that it would. Are you willing to take that bet? It would show her you know.... All it would cost you to give that show off a slap in the face would be about five of your hairs." I said smiling as I saw his temper rise. This was going to be easier than I thought.

"Here," he said reaching and pulling a few strands out of his head. I smiled at him trying to hold back my laughter as he unknowingly made my job much easier.

Scratch that off my list.

Taking the hairs I pressed them in my Grimoire on the page I had placed the ingredients. I would have to put it in a vile when I got home, but for now it was safe.

"She will loose, I am 100% Royal." He said giving me a hard look, I nodded in agreement allowing his comment to hang in the air.

"Of course you are, speaking of which, how are things going?" I asked trying to change subject.

"Okay, I mean I have problems, but I'll figure it out." He said shaking his head as he continued to type things out on his computer.

I nodded at his response, and began to type myself trying out the new system as I thought about what he said.

"That's good, it's the same with me, I am worried about Arya and Gabriel though." I said pulling at a problem that I knew was bothering both of us.

I knew it was bad but I had been so wrapped up with the Rowan, and Jasper problems that Arya had literally slipped my mind until I saw Oliver again.

"She is being stupid, but it is fine." He said although from the way he was pounding on the keyboard now I could tell things were not fine.

"She is scared, you know?" I said telling him what I truly thought.

"Yes, but it doesn't matter, I won't let her die. Even if she hates me for it, I will save her." He said so sure of himself.

"What do you mean?" I asked giving him an odd look, not that I was against what he might have had in mind.

"If it comes down to it, I will change her; I do not need her consent to do it, you know. If I really wanted to, I could just do it. Make her like me, she would hate me forever, but I would do it, if it came between her death, and living." He said shaking his head as he looked at his computer screen, although I could tell he was not looking truly at it, he was thinking.

"Does Arya know?" I asked giving him a worried look.

"Yes, that is why she does not spend time with just Tristan and I. She knows that I am just waiting for the chance to save her. I want to save her so bad." He whispered frowning as he looked down.

"Gabriel is using her," I blurted out unable to stop.

"He is using her I suppose, at first I thought it was just for sex, but I think you know more than you are letting on Emmy, tell me." He said suddenly seeming more intelligent than ever.

Oliver out of everyone had seen right through me. Weird, I thought he would be the last to figure out what was going on.

"I heard- he made her a deal." I said unsure what else to say.

"Fucking Reapers. I know it is bad, but I had prayed that he had only been bothering her for sex or something, but now... Please don't say what I think you are going to say." He groaned out putting his head in his hands on the table. He sounded like he was in physical pain.

"She signed her soul over..." I reluctantly added looking away from him.

"I had hoped, it was anything but that. She can be so stupid. There has to be something he wants more than her, maybe, I can give him something he wants more? I have money, and other things, perhaps I can get him to trade with me, if not, I mean I can always swap." He was whispering the last part, but I could understand what he was trying to say, swap her soul out for his.

"Don't, I think for the time you should not let him know about you knowing, god forbid, you can't tell Arya you know, just let me try and find the contract, maybe there is a loophole. Give me a month, and then you can do what you want, just a month, okay?" I said determined.

I knew that I should have left this to him, and Arya, let them deal with her problems. Yet, I could not leave Oliver alone with this. Gabriel would want his soul, if this was not what he was really planning in the first place, and then the Courts would be in disarray.

"But what if?" His voice shot into my idea like a bullet.

"No, we need to think about this level headed, you can't give away things that would harm more than just Arya and yourself Oliver. This is not Romeo and Juliet, if something happened to you where would Joshua go? What would happen to the UnSeelie Court? You need to calm down and think this through, Arya has gotten herself into some shit, rash emotions and events aren't going to get her out of it. Let me get a feel of what is going on and come up with some ideas, she has time. He said that he wasn't collecting her soul until the spring anyways, time is on our side." I said trying to calm him down.

It was my fault that he was so upset in the first place, obviously I should have never brought this up, but maybe with his help, we could save her.

"I'll trust you, for now Emmy, don't let me down. Wait- I'm sorry, that was mean... I just, I am worried. I am not use to waiting, that is Tristan's thing. I think I would feel better if he knew. I know that sounds weak, but I am at my best when Tristan has added his input. I will tell him what has happened tomorrow at our meeting, then... I will contact you." Oliver said biting his lip as he did his best to calm himself down.

It was not expectant, Oliver had always seemed so selfish, but he had mentioned trading his soul for Arya's. I could not deny how noble that notion was, if it wasn't for the fact that it was improbable. If he died then Joshua who was nine would become Faerie King, and that would never work out. The UnSeelie Court would be wiped out in less than a day if that happened.

At least I did not have to be the one to tell Tristan about what had happened. That made me feel at least a little bit better, I still had a feeling that it was my job to tell Chloe. Something that I would not do for a while. Maybe I would feel better telling her after we had saved Arya?

UGGH!

This is too much! I am expected to save a Rowan and Arya! My life is officially too complicated.


Yet, I knew I still had to do it, so I put on my big girl panties and did what I needed to do, go to my next hour.

The joys of another history class? History of the Races, was a lot more interesting than Human History, or Magical History, I mean I enjoyed learning all about things, but I really did not enjoy having to listen to the entire history of the Vampiric Race.

Okay, so it was interesting, and all yet, weird, when our guest speakers was in fact Fredrick and Vincent. I should have been more interested in listening to what they had to say, but I was just too weirded out by how old they were. This was their history, this was about their lives, and the life of their people. They were Bloodletts' after all, knowing them made it hard to take it serious. Hearing about battles, and people they had killed, was hard to place with the person I knew. The Vincent that I hated, the Vincent that would makeout in in the closet with Rose, or leave the toothpaste lid off, or the Fredrick that liked extra cheese on his nachos, and was scared of spiders.....

Hearing how connected they were with their history, made me feel shameful that I had little to put into my own race's history.

Would it be rude to say that I was happy to leave and go swim laps with Tristan and Jasper? Chloe never showed. Although this did not worry the guys, it worried me. The last time any of us had seen her was when she had stormed out of class. Tristan had said that she must have had something else to do, and brushed it off. I on the other hand was worried.

The laps that we swam seemed to take forever before we could go back to the house to see what had happened with Chloe.

When I first laid eyes on Chloe, I realized that something was up. The house was spotless even more so than usual for her, and the kitchen was at a disarray, food everywhere, leaving the three of us so confused.

"What are you guys staring at? You need to go take showers and get ready, we are having Royal company tonight. Natasha is coming to dinner." Chloe's voice sounded worried and jumpy. I could understand why, when she had been cooking and cleaning all day for a surprise visit from none other than, the Queen of the Vampires.

Shit....
♠ ♠ ♠
Character of the Chapter is:

Image

Congrats Joshua: Because I can't find a good Oliver ROFL or Rowan, so please people help me out here!

Thanks~ Laura, Kaitlyn and all those who helped :)