Status: 215 pages of pure tantalizing story, (Writing Chapter 28, and all that goes with it!)

Our Deathly Love

Finding Truth

Image


"I think it would be in your best interest to stay here in bed for at least another twenty-four hours, so that we can monitor your progress, Ms. Badica." The doctor's words cut into my mind like a razor blade.

Really, I just wanted to take off the stupid monitors and go home. Okay, not home-home, but back to my dorm at least. I've done nothing for the past twenty-four hours but sit on my butt reading outdated magazines and watching Oprah reruns. I don't even like Oprah!

I almost died-I get it-but I am fine now. Actually, I think if my doctor would allow me, I could totally run walk a mile.

Hearing my doctor tell me this made my heart drop, not only was I tired of sitting in bed like a baby, but I had an even bigger problem: my Grimoire was gone.

Like missing in action gone. I wasn't allowed to leave, and Jasper had looked everywhere for it! Yet, so far he couldn't find as much as a page. I was dying on the inside. The longer I was stuck in bed the longer I'd have a part of my heart ripped from my chest.

The last time that I had felt the book on me had been in the woods. I knew that the elements could not harm my book, but still the idea that anyone could come across it and pick it up-not use it-but pick it up, caused a wave of shivers to travel down my spine.

That was not all either. I'd more on my plate then I could ever hope to accomplish, and I'd more people to save than ever.

It didn't help that every time I got to the point of coming up with some wayward idea someone would walk in to keep me company.

"I am doing fine, can't I just leave?" I asked sighing as I rubbed my arms, ever since Jasper left it has been freezing.

"No, you're not going to be allowed to leave today, your body's not made to recover so fast." His voice chipping as if I should know better than to disagree with him.

"Listen Doctor-" I paused for a moment, my eyes flickering onto his white plastic name card, "Bob, I think I know more about-"

"Ding-dong, just your over friendly Avon ladies calling on you." The sound of Chloe's high soprano laugh filled my awkward and slightly hostile room.

Ignoring Doctor-Bob for a moment I forced a smile onto my face as Chloe swept in.

Her happiness startling Bob into silence as he quickly slipped past Chloe and out of the door, only stopping momentarily to give me a look to reassure I got the message: no early check out for me.

I watched as Chloe practically danced her way to my window, her white sundress grazing off the back of her pale knees with each step. I noticed Sammy slink in quietly behind her, with that creepy-as-hell doll clutched in her left hand.

Why did she have to bring that thing?

I had the mind not to ask that question though, instead I just allowed myself to smile more as Chloe opened the curtains letting in the early afternoon light. The same curtains a nurse had seen to closing when I'd fallen asleep.

I thanked Chloe as I watched her place another vase down on my night stand... This addition now making six, plus a box of chocolates, a panda bear beanie baby, and four 'get-well' cards.

Talk about endearing shrines.

Even though the table was getting full I really did like the vase full of white and yellow daisies Chloe had just added.

It was nice. Actually, truth be known, Chloe'd been very nice lately. I don't know if her new found 'joy' was out of sympathy for my condition, or over how much time she'd been spending not fighting with Tristan.

I swear, ever since what happened at last week's group therapy lesson they've been amazingly happy. Which in turn means everyone's happy.

Personally, I think it was all that sexual tension... Not that I would say it out loud, or risk having 'evil' Chloe come out again. Did I mention how much I loved those daisies?

"So why are you so happy?" I asked giving her an odd look as she floated around the room.

"I have a date tonight!" Chloe practically gushed out, a smile of pure satisfaction filled her clear face.

At first the words confused me, I mean... Chloe, dates? Even more so when I remembered that Tristan had a date tonight with Angie. Personally, I think Chloe and Tristan were made for each other, they just don't know it. So why were they dating other people? Oh, that's right: pride. It was none of my business, so I just smiled politely and asked who the lucky guy was.

Let's just say as Campton's name came out of her mouth the smile I was wearing fell right off my face.

"Exactly!" Sammy's voice caused me to jump in my seat a bit as she interjected into our conversation.

"Both of you are crazy, he's tall, blond, rich-not to mention-an Angel, I haven't a reason to say no, now do I?" Chloe asked quickly.

I flinched as 'nice' Chloe was replaced with her hip-grabbing-angry self.

Taking a breath I allowed myself time to think up what to say next.

I wasn't personal or really even on talking grounds with Campton. I just knew I didn't like him. He was firm in his C.A.T worshiping ways, and if Chloe had made any progress in acceptance, being around him for large doses would kill what hope I had for her.

The guy was an asshole... Maybe I resented him a little too much, perhaps I should give the guy another chance but he proved he was a jerk with the way he treated Oliver, Tristan, Fredrick, and Rowan. The guy was on my black list-that was all I was going to say.

"Have you told anyone else?" I asked edging around the topic, as I tried to get a feel of what was going on.

"If you are asking if I've told Tristan, then no-no I haven't." Chloe snapped her thin lips now in a tight frown.

"Chloe, that's not what I meant, and you know it." I said sighing, trying to cover up my lie, I'd meant Tristan.

"Lizzie said, she meant it." Sammy said suddenly flipping sides quickly. Giving Sammy a glare I bit my tongue afraid I would say something I would regret to the little nutter.

Okay, so maybe Sammy was not talking to herself, but she pissed me off enough that I wanted to resort to such fickle comments.

"Well, I don't care what' Lizzie said,' Sammy, I'm not in the mood to fight." Chloe growled now turning on Sammy. I watched as Sammy's blond ringlets fell as she interestingly cocked her head to the side slightly.

Her Victorian themed lacy pink dress crinkled as she moved an inch, her large eyes watched Chloe in surprise as her lips formed words but she still said nothing.

The shocked look on her face, reminded me how young Sammy really was. Young enough that I was happy I'd kept my thoughts inside my head. Young enough that Chloe's words easily crushed her.

Sammy said nothing at this. She did not refute or get angry, she just watched us with that strange look on her face.

"So let's not fight, why don't you tell me about what Campton and you have planned tonight." I added trying to keep peace.

I watched as Chloe relaxed at this, her tense pose slumping a little, and the frown quickly deteriorated from her face. Her hands stayed at her waist though, reminding me that she could easily be upset again, and the bitch side of her would come out ready for blood.

"Campton and I are going to go out to dinner, and then we are going to a movie." Chloe's eyes sparkled as she spoke, her lips forming a large smile as she dreamily told of her mediocre date plans.

Dinner and movie date was so over done. Not that Jasper and I had actually been on a 'certified' date, but the dancing and then the greenhouse 'could-be-dates' were more than enough fun for me. Technically, I was going to count Jasper and I's next date, which was set for Tuesday as our first. Jasper had practically begged me to go do something by ourselves for once, not that he had to beg. I was 100% on board for that one.

Hell, even though I was a little iffy on the pottery class he wanted to go to with me, I knew it would be fun. Okay, so it wasn't a romantic moonlit walk or anything like that, but it was a start. Somehow I knew that I wouldn't be disappointed, I might even get a vase or something out of it.

Forcing myself away from that thought I went back to asking Chloe more about her date.

"What are you going to wear?" I asked smiling slightly as I tried to show true enthusiasm.

"Well, I have this cute yellow dress that will be perfect for tonight," she said smiling as she explained her thoughts.

I had to wonder how many 'cute yellow dresses' Chloe owned... Really? She was almost as bad as Rose in variety of clothing.

One day I would have to take them shopping.

"Is Arya going to help you get ready?" I asked smiling warmly, even if Arya did not like Campton, I knew she'd like to help Chloe with this.

"No, Oliver and her are doing something," Chloe replied bitterly. Obviously she was annoyed that Arya was busy. Frankly I was very happy that it was Oliver keeping Arya away, and not Gabriel.

Which reminded me that I needed to get on that, I would have to talk to Jasper about helping me find the contract later on. Time was running out, sure it was slower then the Rowan problem, but still- I had to come up with something and fast or I would be in a shit load of trouble.

Sighing, with realization I shifted on my pillows. I was trying to get comfy, but it was nearly impossible, I just wanted to get up and move around a'bit.

But, I was quite sure Doctor-Bob would have a heart attack if I did that... So I settled for pouting.

Something I was shockingly good at.

"Thanks for coming Sammy...." I said awkwardly while running my fingers through my hair which felt a little too greasy. I made a mental note of running down a nurse later on so that I could take a shower, I really needed one.

"I- I mean Lizzie was worried. It was so red, the couch- it was like tie-dye. Our new couch is black- that way next time we'd just clean it off." Sammy said a small frown on her face as her eyes shot between Lizzie and me. The doll was creepy as ever I watched slightly confused her eyes darting even more to that stupid doll. Each gaze pissed me off even more.

"Aw- thanks, I'll be sure to remember to bleed on darker objects next time. Actually Sammy, next time I'll make sure I do it near your room, that way Lizzie can get a real thrill." I growled anger now filling me.

She'd only said that to anger me. I didn't need to know about the couch, here I'm sitting in a hospital bed, and she only came to visit me because her Vault wanted to see more blood- I bet. Vaults are like that: hungry- Vaults were horrible people in life and horrible people after it. That's why most Necromancers keep a good distance away from them, and from the look Tristan always gave I'm pretty sure he's heard his share of stories about them too.

This was a joke.

"We did like the blood... We all could hear it flowing from you- they were screaming in her head for hours, they liked it Emmy. They wanted me to come and get more. They crave your blood, they hunger for it." Sammy said with a hallow look on her face. Her eyes were large pools of blue, the craving upon her face, confused and scared me. It didn't make any sense at all.

"Well now don't I feel special, would'ya like to take a number Sammy, because last time I checked, you and your nut-house dolls aren't the only ones. So fuck it!" I growled finally loosing it.

Seriously, I did not need to listen to this crap right now. Frankly the girl's more trouble then she's worth, I pitied Rose for having to deal with this crap all the time, obviously Sammy was not nearly as in control as she tried to make Ripplye believe.

"What in the world's wrong with you guys! That language is horrible! Emmy, you need to watch your mouth or I swear I will get some soap and wash it out. Sammy, I think it's time you leave. You'll go home, and do your chores- You'd better pray I don't tell Rose. You know what she thinks about your dolls." Chloe yelled her hands yet again on her hips but this was the least of my worries.

"Don't threaten me- you stupid Angel, you don't understand we want him too, we scream for him, we want out for good." Sammy's face slanted towards me a sickening smile on her face as she tried to reach for my throat.

Jerking back away from her, I wondered what would happen if I fried the bitch.... (Not the nicest thing to do, but I was in no mood to play these games- Not with Lizzie at least.)

Before she took more then two steps though, her feet fell from under her. Falling roughly to her knees, I watched (curse still on my lips) as she vomited profusely on the floor. Her blond ringlets of hair moving as she heaved up some seriously messed up stuff.

I watched as her once doll-like eyes shifted with emotion: rage. All channeled at me, oh-joy.

Her small arms were pale like the doll she had laying at her side. On all fours Sammy Lizzie growled at me. Sick rage filling her as she tried to lunge at me. Had she not been attacking me I think I might have even laughed. Sammy had never seemed frightening- crazy, yes- frightening, no. At this moment though I really-really wanted to release my spell, screw this, I was number one on my list to keep safe at the moment.

I am 100% sure that Clarrissa would call me weak for not frying her. I'd intended to do just that really, I had... At the last moment though, the thought of her weight threw me off though. She was just so small.What if the shock that would've only hurt someone Tristan's size, killed her?

I would like to think that it was practicality not weakness that kept me from firing that spell off.

Taking in a deep breath I quickly started a barrier spell, cursing as the spell failed half way through with the impact of Sammy's body hitting my own.

A rush of air left my lungs as I felt her make contact with me. Pain erupted from my chest as her small, bony body nailed me right in the gut. Her animal like eyes flying over me wildly as her nails aimed to draw blood.

Reacting I quickly tried to throw her off of me, her body being more resilient to me then I thought.

I hated to be that annoying girl that didn't defend herself, but she was just so small the thought of really hurting her would be like hurting a child.

So instead of beating the shit out of her, I tried to unhook her fingers from my hair.

"Free us, it's in your blood, we want out- do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Free me from her. Free us- Free us or we'll kill you!" She screamed as her fingers dug into my skin.

A yelp left my lips as Sammy's body fell off of me and onto the floor with the sudden sound of metal hitting bone.

Staring shocked I watched Sammy's silent body as she laid face first on the ground. Red droplets of blood mixed in with her light blond hair.

Looking up, I was surprised to see Chloe holding a now slightly dented bedpan. The look on her face was shocking, I'd not expected in a lifetime for Chloe to lay her hands on anyone like that. Nor, for her to come up with the idea to use a weapon.

"Shouldn't we tie her up, or call in someone, or something?" I asked frowning, as I took a damage report. From what I could tell, I was missing a few strands of hair and had a few claw marks on my arm, but otherwise unscratched.

"This is the reason I hate these things." Chloe growled kicking the Vault doll across the room. The sound of its head hitting the wall caused me to jump a little bit.

"She obviously can't control them, she does not have the gift, she just wishes she does. Like a kid thinking he is going to be president one day. Shameful, and now she risks everyone, I mean what if she'd gone after-..." Chloe's voice dropped, as if she did not want to admit what she was thinking, barely catching herself. She could fake all of her worry for me that she wanted, but we both knew exactly who she was worried about.

"Tristan can take care of himself, plus I doubt she would hurt him, I mean I'm so much more the easy prey. Hello: wimpy-hospital-bound-girl, or 200-and-some-pound weight lifter.. Who'd you attack?" I reassured trying to calm her down as I processed what happened.

I'd freaked out, and Chloe had saved me. I'd been too afraid to save myself, and Chloe had been forced to make the hard choice for me. What the hell had happened to me?

When had I become that girl? The girl who takes her well being last?

"I wasn't worried about Tristan. Why would I be, I was worried about- Arya, she's sick you know." Chloe said lying through her teeth. Lizzie would have no reason to go after Arya.

Now Chloe annoyed me, I am pretty sure lying is a sin. When did she become all normal and I became wholesome? They have to have me on some pretty crazy drugs.

I watched as Chloe walked closer to me, grabbing the button I had totally forgot about: the call button.

How dumb was I? I had forgot to call for the nurses... I mentally hit myself for my stupid behavior.

Really?

I guess that I should've taken things from there, but Chloe was so good at taking care of things, that I really wanted her to do everything for me. She was going to be a wonderful mother one day. Okay, so maybe she wasn't good with kids, but she literally got shuff done, people listened to her and didn't treat her like she shouldn't be shouting orders.

Standing in the doorway, hands on hips, Chloe demanded attention. I almost pitied the poor nurse who came in. In a second Chloe had her running out of the room for Doctor-Bob.

Unlike the nurse Doctor-Bob, did not like being ordered around. He did as Chloe asked though, having Sammy carried away to the psychiatric ward.

(Which by the way is scary to think that our school needs one.)

"Now that we've that problem taken care of, I think that we have everything under control." His voice came out sharp.

"Actually, I think we need to deal with things right now. Your ability as a healer is questionable, your is less than hospitable attitude is not satisfactory, and I think it's time that I speak to your supervisors." Chloe growled anger written on her face as she opened her white camera phone up, quickly typing out some wayward text.

"My supervisors are busy at the moment. Maybe it's time for you to leave; visiting is a privilege." Doctor-Bob growled anger pulling his face together, showing wrinkle lines across his forehead.

I watched as the phone in Chloe's hand beeped, causing a small smile to form on her face as she turned on 'The Good Doctor'.

"I guess I should text Pandora back, she seemed rather worried about this, I am sure she'll enjoy hearing how you plan on taking care of the problem. Is there a last name or is Bob good enough to leave with her. I'm sure she'll love to know who is taking care of everything." Chloe sneered showing a face that I'd only seen her use with Tristan.

She was really pulling the stops right now.

"That's not necessary. I am sure we can talk about this like civilized adults," he quickly added saving his ass.

"Well, then, I think a meeting will be the best way to fix this problem. We have to fix Sammy after all, and get rid of the problem. I have a few people I think we should include in the meeting. Also have one of your nurses escort Emelia to the showers, she'll want to clean up." Chloe said demanding respect from him.

I watched as he awkwardly nodded quickly walking out of the room to contact the people Chloe had mentioned to him.

"So did you really just text Pandora?" I asked doubtful Chloe had her on speed-dial.

"No, just Rose and Doris of course." Chloe said flipping a strand of hair over her ear as she quickly typed back a quick text to someone.

"You only sent one text.." I said confused.

"I forgot you don't have a phone.. You can send the same text to multiple people, Emelia." Chloe said shaking her head.

Somehow in my ignorance I was now being called Emelia. Her voice again taking on the tired mother sound, she did so well.

"Why did you text Doris, better yet how do you have her number?" I asked giving her an odd look.

"I trust her- and we talk about stuff... I see her on Saturdays, it helps I guess." Chloe said rubbing her arm as her blond hair covered her face quickly hiding her emotion. She was not proud of needing a psychologist I knew that.

Chloe had more problems than she let on, sadly everyone got a nice little visual of it at therapy last week. Family life was not that good for her, okay, that was an understatement. Family life fucking sucked for her, not that she'd admit it.

I think if Chloe could blame all of her problems on herself then she would. Actually I think before she came here, she was able to. Her dad smacks her around- it was her fault right? Before she came here, no one would call her on her shitty lying. She knew she was wrong, that it was wrong.

Pride would not allow that admission though, and if Doris was going to help her, then I would trust her. Doris seemed to care more than Ripplye at least.

I had to give her that, so if Chloe wanted her, then I guess she would get her. I had no clue if anyone was going to be called on my behalf. From the sounds of things my involvement was going to be pushed under the rug. This was about controlling Sammy.

"Miss, the doctor is ready for you." A sheepish nurse called in as she walked by the room, hardly bothering to stop. I watched as Chloe gave me a worried glance, very considerate for her, before walking out of the room. A nod in my direction being my goodbye.

Closing my eyes I leaned back on my pillow, a sob heavy breath releasing itself from my throat as I tried to calm down. Life has a way of getting too complicated too fast. I was struggling to keep up.

I pressed the palms of my hands tightly into the side of my bed. My fingers grasping the cotton blanket while I shook momentarily trying to calm myself down.

Just another problem to my list. A problem I did not need.

It was hard as I laid there not to ask for a phone and take my mother up on her bargain. Instead I bit my lip, holding back my childish feelings as I pushed myself back up to a sitting position.

Eyes still closed I quickly laced my fingers together, pulling up quickly I sighed as I heard the sound of them popping and felt instant relief.

"Emelia?" The French-laden voice cut through the silence like a knife through butter. Flicking my eyes open quickly I caught a rather disturbing sight: Vincent.

Hesitantly I looked over at him, displeasure and confusion eating away at me. I wasn't sure if I should be scared he was here or not care at all. He'd helped Natasha plan attacking me, he has hurt me in the past, but he did try to keep her from killing me. That was something I guess.

I wasn't entirely sure if this was a good visit or if I should get a fireball ready.

"What do you need?" I asked trying to hold disdain from my voice.

"I need to apologize, and thank you." He whispered, so quietly that at first I didn't think I heard him correctly.

"That might be hard seeing as Hallmark doesn't sell, 'sorry I almost murdered you,' cards." I huffed out crossing my arms around my chest. Not accepting nor declining his admission of guilt.

The guy did cause me years of mental turmoil, and sold me out to a murdering-Vampire-bitch. 'Sorry,' was a little small of an apology at this point.

Letting out a sigh of agitation Vincent strolled into the room, his red hair beaming at me. I really had to wonder if he dyed the thing. It was unnaturally red after all, I've never seen someone with such bright red hair before- even Tundry's wasn't this red. Perhaps it was because he was so pale? I thought better then to comment on it though.

I could tell he was holding back a smile, the Hallmark comment really hitting him.

"You'd think that, but Fredrick has always been a card person. He could hate you and still remember to send a card for every holiday, even the unimportant ones. I'm not surprised to find he found one for the occasion." Vincent said a small laugh leaving his throat. It sounded odd, hoarse, almost fake, like he was scared to continue. This was uncharted waters here.

We hated each other, so why was he trying?

"So there's a card?" I asked hopeful, I'd only been joking about the card. Yet, cards were nice after all.

"And flowers- you forgot the flowers; actually, I have a few things for you." Vincent replied dropping a black book bag on the floor in front of me.

I took note that only a few minutes before Sammy's vomit had rested where the book bag now was. Thankfully the floor was clean, but still it was kinda gross, I might've told him... But let's get real, I was not that friendly with Vincent.

I watched as he unzipped the bag, his black skinny jeans held tight over his thin legs. His high tops squeaked over the newly mopped floor as he brought me over a pile of things that he dropped on my- blanket covered- legs.

The flowers were not what I was expecting, which gave me a clue that it was not just Fredrick who sent the flowers. The bouquet of flowers was an odd choice, each flower having a different meaning.

"Fredrick picked the out irises, and Phillipe picked out the variegated tulips, but the purple hyacinths were your idea wasn't it?" I asked as I fingered the flowers gently.

"How did you-"

"Irises are a symbol of friendship, and trust; variegated tulips mean beautiful eyes, Phillipe is often talking about my eyes- it just fits... Hyacinths mean deep sorrow though, they're meant to be sent for an apology. Fredrick and Phillipe have no reason to apologize, but you do. Unless Fredrick didn't research before he picked these out, and you said yourself how he's about flowers and cards, very detail oriented, plus he knows how big I am into herbs and flowers." I replied shrugging my shoulders. I was stating facts, keeping it dry and truthful.

Plus, not that I was telling Vincent, but Fredrick had Jasper bring a note in earlier to tell about this visit. I was just shocked about the timing.

"Fredrick did say that a flower apology would make the most sense. I didn't get it really, I mean they're just flowers, but he said..." I watched as Vincent shrugged slightly shoving his hands into his pockets as he cautiously looked back out the door for a moment before his eyes went back to me.

"Fredrick knows what I like, but I'm not going to forgive you with a few buds." I replied rolling my eyes as I looked at the flowers. They were pretty. I was not going to give into a few well meaningful flowers though.

"I didn't think so, that's why when Rose told me you lost your Grimoire I went looking for it, maybe this might help you forgive me a bit?" He asked as he pulled my book out of his back pocket.

My eyes widened for a moment as I saw my book in his possession. A spark of anger ran down my spine as I thought about him touching my book.

"Don't worry I didn't read it..." He said quickly looking away from me, back out the door again, as if he was waiting for something.

"I know you couldn't read it," I said letting out a deep breath as I tried to calm myself down, accepting the book from his hands I cradled it to my chest.

"I said, didn't- not- couldn't," he replied frankly as he started to pace around the room. His eyes giving me odd looks every now and then.

His shoes made a squeaking noise as he walked across the spot that the nurse had mopped.

I tried my best to not say anything to him about that. Just because he said he didn't try to read it doesn't mean he was telling the truth.

Instead I allowed my fingers to run over the cover of the book. Tension falling from my shoulders as my fingers hit the familiar creases and curves of the old material. An aching filled my fingers, one that I could hardly suppress, I needed wanted to do something. Anything from this book would have done, I had to make sure I was still safe. I almost wanted to laugh at this, just because I lost the book does not mean I could not read it- that it wasn't mine.

Yet, comfort easily came to me as I lightly opened it and was able to read the curly penmanship of previous owners. I think it was the fact that I had done little to no magic in the past few days and it was killing me... Okay, over dramatic but I wanted to do something, anything. I had a feeling that using magic was not part of Doctor-Bob's treatment plan.

I didn't have to use magic, it was not flooding me, I've been weak since Albrecht attacked me, but I still wanted to do it. I wonder if there's a way to be addicted to magic?

Shrugging my shoulders I looked back at Vincent, who was still pacing. All he ever does is pace.

I had to wonder if it was all he's good at, besides being a complete asshole.

I don't know why but that pacing woke me up.

He has tried to kill me- twice.

He can't even do that.

No, he wimps out at the last second, leaving me to pick up the pieces. And I am suppose to say, 'no problem?' Or even, 'Gee-Wilikers Mister-Thanks!' What the hell?

I know there's a point where I could become an unforgiving bitch. This wasn't it.

It's not like the moment he saw me in French, he apologized and tried to make up for what he did the first time. He's screwed me up, then tried to continue with it- until he tried to kill me again.

The only reason he's not found responsible for it this time and kicked out on his butt was because he's too much of a wimp to finish me off. Now he wants to apologize after the second time he tried to kill me, after spending the last two weeks threatening me?

Fuck him

For all I know Fredrick was making him say sorry. It sounded like something Fredrick would do- Apologize or i'll throw you to the dogs."

If he thought that a few flowers, a card or two, and giving me back something (he probably stole in the first place) would make me forgive him-he had another thing coming.

My eyes drifted slowly as I watched him pace around whether his apology was true or not, I was willing to use this. He owed me.

"Fredrick wanted me to tell you how happy he is." Vincent said quickly sneaking a look at me as he continued to pace.

Blinking my thoughts stopped, why was Fredrick happy? His note had only told me that Vincent was coming to visit me, and that he was busy but would come eventually. It did not say he was happy.

"Natasha broke the law- the Council is disappointed to say the least, so they gave Phillipe to Fredrick, as part of her punishment." Vincent added quickly, half a smile on his face as he did so. Unable to muster any long standing brightness to his expression.

My eyes closed instantly, air pushing its way out of my chest as I let out a deep breath that had begun to sour in my chest. Allowing my back to stretch over my pillows I smiled; this was genuinely the best news I've heard in a long while.

"So I guess you're happy now?" Vincent said shaking his head, his red hair falling haphazardly in his eyes as he did so.

"Of course I am happy, Fredrick loves Phillipe." I replied guarding my words. I almost said that Fredrick was a good person, although I didn't really know if he was or not. I wanted to protect them-Fredrick and Phillipe I mean. But, I was not going to say something I was unsure on. Not to Vincent at least.

I watched as a smile came on Vincent's face followed by a quiet chuckle.

"I never understood Fredrick, why get attached to people who you can never help?" Vincent said quickly laughing slightly to himself.

A frown fell on my face the moment I realized that Vincent was making fun of Fredrick.

"What about Rose? It's not like she can help you, and yet she's still dating you." I replied bitterly rolling my eyes at his comment.

"That's the thing, I get Rose, she's infatuated with me, but what does Fredrick get from Phillipe? Children are useless." Vincent said pointedly his voice not wavering for a moment as he shook his head sadly as though he alone was to hold this truth.

"Children are important, you were a child once." I huffed out shaking my head at his ridiculousness as I adjusted somewhat pulling my covers up the cotton fabric bothering my skin as I did so.

"Some people should never have children, Emelia." Vincent's voice rang out like a silent threat. A deep reminder of some kind that was suppose to register with me some how. Like him saying a line like that would make me agree with him.

I did-even though I hated to admit it-agree with him on some level. Natasha was not a good parent, I didn't think she thought anything of her son other than an accessory. That din't mean that Phillipe should not be alive though.

"I think the best gift you can give is infertility. There's too much pain for children to bear, why would you want to come into a world like ours anyways?" He continued looking back out the door.

I had nothing to say to this, he was not right. Something was not right with him. I just didn't get what point he had to this.

"Phillipe is never going to be happy, Fredrick needs to do what has to be done. I don't get why he likes to watch him suffer. You should understand Emelia, you are like Phillipe- you should've never been born. People are selfish- Fredrick is selfish. Your parents were selfish. Both of you will never be happy, but people like Fredrick cling to you to make themselves happy. Don't you get it you are being used, everyone is using you!" Vincent yelled, grabbing my arms as he tried to shake me.

I didn't allow this though, as his hands reached for me I smacked them away. I didn't want his pity, or his thoughts on my parents.

"How conceited are you to think you understand my parents or Fredrick? Fredrick keeps Phillipe close to him because he loves him, unlike the rest of your family Fredrick cares about what happens to Phillipe. Having children and dedicating your life to them is one of the most selfless acts someone can commit. You're too selfish to realize how screwed up your words really are. My parents chose to have me, not out of selfishness but out of love, even if I'll never be truly happy, I'll take solace knowing I'm a hell of a lot happier than you Vincent." I stated plainly as I turned away from him.

I felt like I'd made a point. Although my point had been a little too defensive the words tasted right on my lips.

"Fredrick has a lot of children, so why does he hold onto Phillipe, who's in so much pain?" Vincent asks quickly, his voice hidden under an expression of disdain.

"Phillipe doesn't have anyone else who thinks of him first." I added shakily. Somehow even though I didn't really know if this was true, it felt right on my lips.

"Natasha is selfish, I will give you that. She gets a thrill out of keeping things from people especially Fredrick." Vincent mumbled the last part, his words coated in bitterness.

"Like what things?" I inquired interested in what Vincent had to say about the Queen.

"Anything and everything, little or small- as long as she's the only one to know it makes her happy." Vincent added lightly with a small sigh as he sauntered over to my window. Pressing his forehead against the cool glass, I watched as he closed his eyes- his reflection ever present on the sun adorned surface.

"Why does she do that?" I asked quietly as I took a sip out of the glass of water that had been on my nightstand.

"I suppose it's because she's angry with him. Lately Fredrick has been pulling away from her, and she hates it. She hates that he hungers for a real life away from the chaos of the Court. Fredrick's always been with her, maybe not always dating her, but he's always kept close; being her proud little dog." Vincent added bitterness seething from him now. His long fingers glided through his red hair pulling lightly at it before allowing them to rest upon his forehead. A long breath was released from his chest as he did so.

He obviously didn't like something about Fredrick and Natasha's relationship.

"I can't see Fredrick as someone's dog, he's a little too proud for that." I laughed out, my eyes rolling slightly.

"You should've seen him a few hundred years ago. I can't imagine how he was before Phillipe was born. Fredrick use to worship the ground Natasha walked on. Natasha saved him from a life of slavery, brought him into her home, and saved him from death. Long ago, Fredrick thought his meaning in life was Natasha." Vincent nearly growled out, anger poring from every word.

"Why are you upset?" I asked as I watched him with interest.

"You did not have to live in that house, I did. The only smart one was Albrecht who got the hell out when he did. You know, Fredrick thanks Natasha for saving him from death and slavery, and such- but I don't think that he thought about the fact that he was now her slave, he was her property-we all are-and there's no pearly gates waiting for us on the other side because of it." Vincent added shaking his head, a slight smirk of contempt was splashed across his face.

"I thought you were Atheist? Even if there's a heaven or hell you're going to hell. Fredrick at least has a chance." I replied determined to be right.

"What about Phillipe? What chance at redemption does the bastard child of Fredrick have? Phillipe is a Vampire! We have no soul." Vincent growled anger practically spitting from him.

"You mean Natasha's child, Fredrick's adopting him, that doesn't mean that it's his fault, Natasha broke a rule that Fredrick's religion believes is important." I said huffing a bit.

"It takes two to make a baby- Emelia. Just because Fredrick chooses to ignore the timeline doesn't mean Phillipe is any less his. Just because it was a rather crazy week for Natasha doesn't destroy the fact that Phillipe was born a full Vampire. Wake up and smell the coffee Emelia, Fredrick doesn't even need to file the paper work- all he needs is a blood test. Yet, he is too stubborn, and too naive to realize the facts: Phillipe's his son." The words fell like heavy drops from his lips, making me realize what I already knew- Vincent was telling the truth.
♠ ♠ ♠
The character of the chapter is:

Image
Congrats' Phillipe! You are seriously too cute for words :)

I am forever sorry my perfect readers for this taking so damn long to post.

All of you deserve the reasons behind this so here they are:

1)Had to figure out what the hell I was going to write
2)Had to figure out where to stop
3)Had to write it
4)Had to make a new layout
5)Had to find the Phillipe picture
6)Had to find the daisy picture
7)Had to make the banners
8)Had to write the spin'off
9)Had to make the playlist!
10)Had to edit the chapter!
11) And worst of all I had to make myself do all of it!