Status: 215 pages of pure tantalizing story, (Writing Chapter 28, and all that goes with it!)

Our Deathly Love

Paralizer

Image


"Mr. Stone, this is her room. I really shouldn't be letting you up here- visiting hours being over and all...." The sound of a nurse's voice caused me to jump, breaking my concentration. My wet hair slapped my face, as strands (still wet from the shower I had taken a few minutes before) moved.

My eyes reflexively snapped open to the door, taking in the sight of a young woman barely older than me talking to who I assumed was Tristan.

"Gretta-Darling' I thought we're having fun here? I must admit I've never met such a beautiful nurse before, all I need is ten minutes with my friend, after we can grab coffee or something?" The voice was totally not Tristan's, I have been around Rowan's meaningless flirtatious charm enough to know he was bullshiting her. Yet, I had no reason to interrupt, instead I decided to play the part. Closing my eyes I faked a calm look on my face and pretended to be asleep. Although I kept my eyes cracked open trying my best not to laugh at what was going on.

"Oh- I get off in twenty' how-about I meet you here? You probably want to spend as much time as you can with your friend. I heard she's had a hard day- and after you told me you were reading books to those poor children at the school how could I not let you come in!?" She squeeked out, flirting as she grabbed Rowan's arm.

Gazing at Rowan's back I realized how much he really did look like Tristan from behind. Same messy brown hair, muscular stature (although not nearly lanky enough) and clean cut cloths.

A Demon impersonating an Angel- hilarious if I do say so myself.

Although his timing sucked, all I wanted was to be alone. Too much was going on, too much needed to be processed and put away in my mind. Fredrick was really Phillipe's father? I wanted time to think about if I believed Vincent... Deep down I knew it was true, but that didn't make it any less shocking. What was even more shocking- was that Vincent claims Fredrick doesn't even know!

How don't you know the kid you've dedicated your life to is yours? Seriously!?

Saying that, how many guys had she been sleeping with at the time, to take the possibility straight out of his head!?

Now that was sad.

I was not going to be the one to bring up that conversation! Hello, I've been watching T.V. for two weeks and I already know that's a conversation made in soap opera heaven!

The ending of visiting hours had made the little I had to say to Vincent easy, and the shower I got the moment he left wonderful. Now though... Now I was stuck with the con-artist walking through the room.

"Wow- bravo on the sleeping act, you even have the drool coming out of your mouth!" Laughed Rowan as he sauntered in like he owned the place. I watched as his lips pulled back over his pearly whites into a nearly perfect smile.

"Reading to those poor children must have really taken up your day! What a perfect little Angel you are!" I added snicking as his smile fell slightly.

Walking closer to me he frowned.

"So the rumor floating around school's you got knocked around by a Vampire, I thought Necromancers were hardy?" He asked eyeing my condition with a look of suspicion upon his face.

"What are you trying to say?" I asked rolling my eyes as I pushed my hands through my hair, the wet strands tangling around my fingers.

"Reputation crumbling Ghost-Girl!" He added laughing as he pulled a chair next to my bed.

"I took on the Queen of the Vampires, and came out otherwise intact, and my reputation is crumbling?" I asked smirking as Rowan laughed.

"How long has it been since you've done any 'real' magic?" Rowan asked his chair sliding back an inch across the floor as I sent a gush of air his way.

Okay, so I really did not need to use any magic, the doctor practically forbid it, but he asked for it and I wanted to.

The spell was simple, so I made up for it by adding a cold spell to it. It gave me satisfaction to see him shiver slightly in his seat.

"Point taken- cease fire!" Rowan added laughing at me slightly.

I smiled slightly at him nodding at his appreciation of my magic.

"So why is a Demon visiting me in the hospital?" I asked smiling as I called him out. This was normal for us, he would make a comment about what I was, than I would make a comment about his demonic state. They were simple jabs, jokes that we played for fun.

"Official business, we need to talk in private about the spell.... So I came to break you out!"

"Break me out; are you crazy?" I asked wondering if Rowan had totally lost his mind.

You don't just break people out of the hospital.

"Don't deny you've already thought of it! You're fine, and we have work to do- the last few days have been killing me! We're loosing time! I've got less than a month before all hell breaks loose and you're lounging around watching tv." The agitation in his voice was crystal clear upon his face. His usually joyful expression was replaced with a deep set frown and worry lines.

"I'm not exactly on vacation Rowan... Remember I was almost murdered?" I huffed out trying to allow myself to be annoyed instead all I could feel was guilt. I'd promised to help him and was failing miserably.

It was one thing to complain about how much work I had to do, it was another to stare the person I swore I would help in the face and know I was letting them down.

"I suppose you have a plan?" I added my eyebrow raised as I accepted defeat.

I watched as Rowan's face changed quickly to giddy triumph.

"Yes! It's simple, you're going to get dressed and we are going to walk out the front door," He stated throwing me his black messenger bag.

"We're going to walk out the front door? Where's the creativity, no ventilation shafts or garbage shoots? I think someone will notice if I just get up and leave!" I asked trying my best to hold in my suspicion this was a horribly simple plan after all.

"Are you a Demon of Greed? Are your parents jewel thieves?" Rowan asked me giving me an annoyed look for disbelieving his apparent awesomeness.

"Fine-fine, I'll do it your way, but if I'm right I won't hold back the, I told you so," I stated smirking at him.

Rowan nodded at me simply smiling, for someone in such a bad situation that he needed my help, he sure smiled a lot.

Fingering the messenger bag I stared at him bored.

"You should leave," I stated blandly as I stared at the cloths I pulled out of Rowan's bag.

"Leave?" He asked confused, his voice falling a note.

"So I can change?" I added laughing as I motioned down to my attire, which although it was not one of those embarrassing hospital gowns it was not much better. The overly plain light-blue scrubs did not do me justice, just as the cloths Rowan picked out did not suit me.

"But that's the best part," Rowan sighed smiling flirtatiously at me as he did so.

"I have a boyfriend," I reminded him as I rolled my eyes.

"All the good ones do, it's the hair isn't it- the Ghost has amazing hair," Rowan laughed out as he yanked on his own short brown hair.

"100% the hair! Jasper has the best hair ever, try again when you have luscious black locks... But really, what's with this outfit?" I asked jokingly as I held up the black skinny jeans and band shirt. I had no idea who 'Slipknot,' was but I'd a strange feeling they didn't sing about butterflies and rainbows.

"It was either Roxie's wardrobe, or mine," Rowan stated nonchalantly as he rolled his shoulders.

"Roxie's? You want me to wear Roxie's cloths!?" I yelped out dropping the cloths onto my lap like they were hot.

"She won't notice it's gone, and if I wash them she won't smell it at all." Rowan stated unaffected as I was.

"Have you seen Roxie? You know crazy Werewolf Roxie? Murdering-Bipolar-Roxie?" I stammered out wondering if she'd somehow know I was touching her things.

"She's not that crazy... She hasn't had the easiest life." Rowan added sighing like a disappointed parent at my discomfort with Roxie.

Excuse me for being unwilling to anger someone who could easily put me right back into the hospital. A Werewolf was not something you wanted to piss off. Roxie was not someone you wanted to piss off.

"News flash Rowan if you'd had an easy life you wouldn't go to school here. I've yet to meet someone without a past here!" I defended staring at the cloths as if they might eat me alive now.

I've only seen Roxie a few times, and after watching her take off half a guy's face with her claws in P.E. I decided to stay as far away from her as possible.

"My life isn't that bad," Rowan added shrugging his shoulders again.

"Did the part where you have to ask for my help with your problem slip your mind?" I asked giving him an annoyed look.

"The problem's not who I am, it's not my life, and it won't determine whom I am going to be. My parents love me, I've friends, I make over medium wage, and I have a future... My life's pretty good, things may get sticky along the way- but I'll live, ya'know, even when things are sucky I just think about others who have it worse." Rowan added giving me a concerned look. I could not help but watch his mouth as he spoke the way he rolled over his R's captivated me.

"Like Roxie?" I asked giving him a questioning look. I assumed this was where the conversation was heading.

"She acts tough because she thinks it'll keep her safe." Rowan said with a voice that showed he was closing the subject and wasn't going to tattle on his friend's problems.

I nodded, acting tough was a good way to hide pain- I knew that well.

Sighing I looked down at the cloths and motioned for Rowan to leave the room. I saw a shadow of a smirk on his face as he left realizing he'd won the conversation.

I head the click of the latch catching on the door. Throwing the covers off my legs I shivered slightly at the breeze that hit my thighs as I did so. Still frowning I held the stridulous material of the jeans between my fingers. Pulling off my pants I yanked sharply at the jeans trying to fit the snug material over my goosebump covered thighs.

It was a tight fit, the silver button cut almost painfully into my stomach. I was not built anyway near Roxie. Although the jeans were tight around my waist and legs they pooled slightly at my ankles. Scrunching up my nose slightly I grimaced as the material itched me. The t'shirt was two sizes too long and a size too thin. This made me blatantly aware of how tall and thin Roxie really was.

Not that I was comparing myself or anything, but why's every girl's body better than mine? Arya's practically an Amazon, Chloe was pole thin and gloriously tall, even Tundry was adorably Pixie cute.

It has a way of hurting a girl's ego....

Sighing I ran my fingers through my hair before grabbing my Grimoire. Looking around the hospital room for a moment I thought about taking some of the gifts others had brought with me, although tempted I knew that I would get these things eventually.

The pages of my book felt right in my grasp, the worn-out leather brought visions of home as I opened the door.

Looking out into the dimly lit hallway I saw Rowan leaning against the wall, his arms and legs crossed a smirk plastered to his face.

"Maybe I should've brought my cloths after all," He snickered looking at me with amusement.

"It's not my fault that I'm voluptuous, and she's a bean-pole," I added with a role of my eyes and a smirk of my own. Placing my hands on my hips, I copied a very Chloe like pose. Tapping my foot I raised an eyebrow in Rowan's direction.

"I would love to stand and chat Rowan, but we've work to do," I stated a small smirk on my face as I had fun playing a more confident version of myself.

Sometimes I wondered if I enjoyed acting like someone else more than being myself. The normal me would've been pissed at his comment, but I was so tired of being locked up in that stupid hospital bed, I wanted to have fun... Actually, truth be known, I was feeling a little feisty even dangerous. Normally I would say that was because I was power starved. I hadn't used magic in days, but now after having a small taste I was itching for a larger portion of it. High off of the magic swimming in my blood I was ready for a little danger.

Sauntering up to Rowan I linked my arm with his. Walking down the dimly lit hallway I bit my lip a smile gracing my mouth as I watched the lights grow brighter around us as we walked on. The bulbs sizzled slightly as we moved past them.

Rowan's eyebrows rose an inch his eyes looking at me with mild interest at my little parlor trick.

"You're not really keeping things low key, Emmy." Rowan added as he pushed the button to the elevator. The light blinked on quickly with a ping.

"So?" I added rolling my eyes as I pulled a strand of my black hair out of my eyes.

"Maybe you are sick..." He said giving me an odd look like I was going crazy.

"I'm allowed to have fun too," I stated giving him an annoyed glance as I unlinked my arm from his and walked into the small box.

A small itch filled my insides as the door closed with a metallic-clang. I closed my eyes for a moment trying to send away the nausea that was wrapped around me from being in such an enclosed area. Swallowing deeply I shook my head as the beep of elevator informed me that we were on our floor. Calmed my nerves lightly left me as the door pulled open quickly.

Pulling myself out of the lift I looked around at the plain lobby we'd entered. The room was white: white walls, white tile, white plastic chairs, and a white reception desk.

Sitting behind the desk was none other than Gretta (Rowan's favorite nurse).

I smirked lightly at him, there's no way she's going to let us get by no matter how much Rowan had played her. Rowan placed one of his large hands on my shoulder, "Walk," He added smiling at me as we started towards the exit.

Taking five steps I watched as we entered her view, and as if on cue, "Excuse me, Mr. Stone! You can't leave with the patient!"

Turning in her direction I watched as Rowan pivoted towards her. I watched as Gretta, came over to us. The look of annoyance clear on her young face now.

"I would think you'd know better than to go against doctor's orders!" She stated angrily in Rowan's direction. She obviously didn't find him as cute any more.

I saw Rowan as his face turned, his usually amused demeanor blinked out like a light. The gaze from his purple rimed eyes was sickly disorienting. Blinking rapidly I tried to pull my eyes away from even a trace of his, looking down I noticed that his normally smirking mouth was now clinched in something rather sinister.

I would be lying if I said I haven't seen this look before, because I have. Rowan was a sweet talker, over-zealous, arrogant, and of course cocky to the extreme use of the word. Actually if I was being truthful he was a lot like Oliver, only Rowan seemed to be able to turn his anger off like the flip of a switch. Somehow even with his ability to control his anger he was unable to control this look. He would try and hide it obviously, but I've seen it slip out before. It would only be for moments at a time, but it was something I could not easily forget. I don't think he's used it on me yet, or at least I don't remember him using it on me. It would happen so quick that it was like the feeling was not real at all. He would just turn on this look and people would have an odd way of doing exactly what he wanted.

Pulling away from Rowan I watched him wearily as he didn't even look in my direction all of his attention on Gretta. She was quiet now, her wide-eyes opened in a dazed look of confusion. She seemed stricken for a moment, I watched as her hand clutched her throat scratching at it for a second before she shook her head wildly.

"It's going to take more than that- I'm not some wide-eyed school girl you can manipulate," she growled out the look in her eyes far from calm as she took a step away from Rowan. I was mildly impressed, although in all truth she looked the part of the wide-eyed school girl.

"Maybe I should try this time?" Rowan asked his voice barely above a whisper as his arm reached out grabbing her wrist roughly.

"What-" she started trying to pull away from his, the moment his hand made contact with her arm she stopped moving completely not even bothering to close her mouth she stared blankly onward.

Rowan stepped up to Gretta, I stared oddly at him as he whispered something into her ear.

Tilting my head I tried to figure out what he was whispering but I was unable to hear a single audible word. It was strange as if he wasn't speaking any real language. He was extremely quick so whatever he said to her did not take long, before I knew it Rowan had stepped back and walked away from a still frozen Gretta. He never even looked back to see if I was following him as he made his way out the hospital front doors.

Sprinting to catch up I shivered slightly as my skin made contact with the night air. It was not even fall yet but I wished I had a jacket, we were going to get a bad winter this year, I could tell. I guess it didn't help that we were somewhere in the mountains. It was sunset out, not pitch black but dark enough that I had to watch to make sure I wouldn't trip over my own feet. The hospital wing let out on the east side of school, and even though it was well after school hours I still caught the glimpse of a few stragglers here and there.

Looking to the right I caught the sight of Rowan. He'd continued on a few yards leaving me to catch up. He was leaning against a tree, at first I'd thought he was waiting for me to hurry up, but as I got closer I realized he wasn't leaning against the tree casually- he was gasping.

"Rowan, are you okay?" I asked as I approached cautiously.

I watched as one of Rowan's large hands gripped the bark of the tree tightly, the other pressed angrily against his forehead. His breath was abnormal coming in as ragged gasps, he was literally shaking in place, his eyes snapping open wildly in my direction as he heard my voice.

"I'll be fine, it'll pass," He added huskily as if every word took twice the effort it should've.

"You don't look fine," I contradicted my smug enjoyment for our little adventure was completely gone in a second.

Uneasily I edged closer to him, shivering as a sharp breeze hit me in the face accompanied by the sound of Rowan laughing.

"You think- I'm not in pain Emmy, i'm in ecstasy. You're not the only one a little power drunk. I never use my magic if I can help it, and that was delicious! I've never done drugs but Lex says the high is never this good. Fuck, sex isn't this good, the feeling of raw-uncontrolled power pushing through your veins. Don't deny it you're addicted I saw the way your eyes blasted with life even at parlor-trick magic. No wonder Angels are so uptight, they don't get our high! My high is better than yours but I hear Shapeshifters have the best highs- think about it, they get so full of this energy they explode right out of their skins! We should do something, something fun!" Rowan groaned an excited look on his face as he stared at me with his honey eyes.

"Like what?" I asked skeptical, this was not right, I couldn't figure out what was wrong with him though.

"You're a Necromancer, you can do anything- I wonder how high you could get from some real magic, graveyard-raising-magic!" He exclaimed eyes frenzied with power. Eyes starving for something more than I would ever give him.

"Rowan you said you don't use magic- why?" I asked suddenly getting who I was really talking to.

"Because... It doesn't matter, fun matters, you understand Dollface right, right those eyes know- your soul knows-it pushes out leaving me lapping like a dog for just a taste of power. Such pretty eyes, dangerous eyes, if I wouldn't feel guilty I'd pluck them out, you see. I don't think they'd be so blue if I took them, you'd give them to me if I asked for them right, though? You're so helpful even if you want to get rid of me. You're too nice for those eyes, too nice, eyes like those will only hurt you- hurt you...." He whispered his own eyes gleaming as he stared at me the same way he had Gretta. A grimace entered my face disgust taking over as I realized the thing that stood in front of me. I'd stupidly taken time trying to figure out if it was truly not Rowan, wasting precious time to escape that the monster would never dream of giving me back.

Fear encompassed me as my body lurched towards him, I wanted to run but how could I with those eyes staring at me. I could only watch as Rowan's hand grabbed my wrist as he'd done to my poor nurse. His eyes catching the reflection of the newly risen moon were like honey colored pools of danger yet I could not look away.

This was bad, seriously bad.

"You're hurting me Rowan," I whispered as his nails dug deeply into the flesh of my arm.

"NO!NO! I'm helping! You are Rowan's friend, I'd-he'd never hurt you!" Rowan's arm loosened but I could feel the sting of the air hitting wounds and did not have to look down to know I was bleeding. Wait, I was bleeding! Clarrissa could interrupt if she was watching. Putting as much energy as I could I tried to call her, the moment the thought/power entered my mind though I felt a hand yank on my arm.

"No! Stop it! I said stop- you're hurting yourself- now I know, I know, you see-" he started giggling hysterically.

"Rowan wants to save you from me but I'll be so good he will be so proud of how good I am after I save you from yourself! I'll help his friend-no- my friend I promise it will only hurt for a while, then you'll be better, you'll be clean as snow and I'll be a good boy- i'd help my friend and i'd get the pretty dolly eyes too! He can't make me give them back if I save you, right? When he makes me leave for a while you'll tell him how good I can be then you won't get rid of me and I can stay in him and have those pretty eyes ann-d... maybe he'll let me have my turn then I can be really good and help everyone..." He jabbered on endlessly words mingling with heartrending sobs from within as his hand shakily reached for my face. The sobs were not the monsters, the sobs were Rowan's, they were the sobs of a man unable to stop something horrendous from happening right in front of him. All Rowan could do was sob, the thing was in control of him so much so that I knew I had little chance of getting Rowan back before the thing harmed me.

Bile rose to my throat- God he was really going to do it, wasn't he?

Swallowing the bile, I came to the realization that the time to talk my way out of this was past. I had to act. If I did not stop this I would loose my eyes, and Rowan was not small or sweet looking like Sammy. My spells would hurt him, but they would not kill him. I didn't want to hurt him, god- I wanted to save him, the only way I could bring myself to do this was because I wasn't willing to give up my eyes to save him from a smidgen of pain.

I mentally apologized to Rowan (the real Rowan not this messed up part of him), before preparing the electric/knockout spell I had in mind.

I could feel the electricity moving around in my body, crackling as it traveled from my blood circling around my body, charging it like a single spark to a blazing fire. It took only a moment for it to charge but even in that moment I could feel the impact it had on Rowan's body as his fingers made contact with my newly charged skin. His fingers only quivered on my cheek for a moment before taking effect.

His eyes flew open shock registering in an instant as his body flew back a few feet. I watched as his entire body convulsed shaking like i'd never seen before. The scream leaving his throat was almost inhuman, as he spasmed on the ground for a second before growing still. Thankfully I could see he was still breathing even if it was pained.

Rowan did not get back up though, preparing a smaller version of the same spell I armed myself for the worse as I slowly made my way over to his seemingly unconscious body.

Nudging him with my boot I sighed as he did not move.

The sound of clapping caused me to jump as I turned quickly around to see that Rowan and I were not as alone as I'd thought.

Spinning quickly my eyes focused on piercings attached to a severe black bob: Roxie.

"That was fun," Roxie smirked at me her eyes looking down at Rowan with almost pity.

"What are you doing here?" I asked edging my way back only stopping inches from tripping over Rowan's body.

"Watching the show, this wasn't exactly what was suppose to happen you know..." Roxie said smiling as her long fingers flicked in Rowan's direction.

"You were watching the entire time, and didn't help?" I growled angrily.

"I wanted to know how useful Rowan's little friend really was... Plus, Necromancers are known for taking care of their own problems." Roxie stated offhandedly as she let out a little shrug as if this was more of an inconvenience for her than me.

Even in the dark I could make out the smile that crept upon her face as she let out that tidbit.

"So how was the show?" I asked running my fingers through my hair as I tried to calm myself down. She did not seem to be attacking yet, and I was too tired to start something with this wolf girl.

"I was impressed, I thought things might have turned out... Let's just say, blindingly-different," Roxie smirked, her wolfish eyes glazing over with anticipation.

I didn't trust her more than I could throw her- actually, I don't think I'd want to get close enough to try and pick her up so scratch that.

The moonlight streamed through the treeline causing Roxie's smirk to be almost impossibly long. Blinking I tried to clear the instant connection to the big bad wolf I was getting from Roxie's appearance.

"As you said, Necromancers take care of themselves," seriousness crept into my voice as though I was in theater class spewing lines. I felt like with Clarrissa- Roxie needed the line drawn.

Werewolves were impulsive animalistic creatures, if I didn't keep her in check I had a feeling things might not go as smoothly.

The twinkle in Roxie's eyes grew as she studied my body, I did my best not to shiver as I felt her appraising me for perhaps future prey. Swallowing I forced my chin up, my fingers held out wide at my waist, ready to cast a spell if needed. The dead serious look in my face caused Roxie to waver in her pose for a second her head cocked to the side as she continued to look at me before choosing her words carefully.

"Just because you have Necromancer blood in you, doesn't mean that you are the real-deal. If I had a nickle for every poser 'mancer I've met i'd be pretty damn rich." I watched disgusted as when she said 'met,' her finger slid across her throat as if to describe a less civil word.

Anger boiled under my skin as I wished her harm.

"I've always wondered which was more powerful, a pissed off Necromancer or a jaded Werewolf..."I whispered inches from blasting her myself.

"I didn't mean harm, your kind's not very popular is all I'm say'n." Roxie added her eyes flashing as she took in my readied hands, her s's slivering across the sentenced like a dragged out snake.

"We may not be popular, but I doubt the kind you've met are more than corner-shop mediums. Let me clue you in, I'm not one of them." I growled watching Roxie show ill'ease for the first time tonight.

"Look- I'm here for one reason, and one reason only: Rowan... We were suppose to meet tonight to discuss my help in the ritual, not for fighting," Roxie added hurriedly as she took in my anger at her. I'm guessing she liked playing with her prey- not the other way around.

"What do I need your help for?" I asked hesitantly, trying not to overstep the line i'd drawn, I wanted to make her off-guard not angry.

"Rowan can't stay after," Her eyes looked at Rowan with disinterest.

"And you are going to play the role of doting-nurse-maid? Why do I find that unbelievable..." I added a shred of sarcasm at the end, simply for her enjoyment of course.

"If it gets me away from here I'll spoon feed him if I've got to."

"The spell won't make him bedridden, just illegal..." I sighed out the last part trying to hold back the smile threatening to form on my face.

It was not my business why Roxie wanted to leave, nor did I really care, all I knew was when she offered to drive me home and deal with Rowan tonight I realized it didn't really matter. All I wanted was a night of rest, and a simple fix-all to my problems.

One out of two was good enough for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Character of the Chapter:
Image

Congrats Rowan you crazy-crazy man ;)

The name of the chapter is in dedication to Rowan
: as it is in reference to the song Paralizer by Finger Eleven, not only Rowan's theme song- but the band that inspires me to write anything about Rowan in general :)

I would love comments if you could, you guys know I thrive off that stuff :)

Also I would love to hear about people's thoughts on Rowan and Roxie?

Let's not forget dedications:

Laura Darling- this one's for you :) Laura's favorite character is Rowan so I felt it was needed to dedicate the entire chapter to her.

*Of course add a smidgen of it for Kaitlyn the best idea-sticky-board ever ;)*