Status: 215 pages of pure tantalizing story, (Writing Chapter 28, and all that goes with it!)

Our Deathly Love

Liquid Band-aid

Image

"I'm hungry," Mikey added, staring at my arms. My eyes felt blurry as I laid my head back against the wall. I needed a moment to gather my thoughts, and to understand what was going on. I was so confused, yet I knew it was something not good.

"You can't eat her!" Jasper exclaimed.

"Chloe will kill us if she dies!" Tristan yelled as he ran towards us.

"How the hell did you...?" Jasper started.

"The back door was open," he explained, shrugging slightly to himself.

"Are you guys just gonna stand there and let her bleed to death?" Mikey said, licking his lips again.
"What a waste... It's AB-, guys! You don't come across that type often!" Mikey said shaking his head disapprovingly.

Okay, he was really pissing me off.

"Is that all you ever think about, and I doubt she will bleed to death." Jasper stated annoyed.

"No, I also think about hot guys, and amazing fashion. " Mikey replied smiling as though he had been complemented.

"You guys are such dumb-asses," Tristan sighed and shook his head as he pulled out the first-aid kit from the bag. "Emmy, I'm not gonna lie: this will hurt. A lot." He applied the povidone-iodine on my arms before adding on the Liquid Band-aid.

"That freaking hurts!" I screamed out; pain running through my mind a mile a minute as he put more Liquid Band-Aid on my arms and the iodine settled.

"Man, now she doesn't smell nice anymore..." Mikey whined.

"Oh will you shut up Mikey?" I growled. This hurt like hell. I could not help but cry out in pain again.

"At least she's back to her cheery self," Jasper mumbled sarcastically, handing Tristan the gauze.

"Okay, Mr. Nurse," I glared at him. Tristan just applied more Liquid Band-aid; I began to cry in pain. I was not the kind of person who is good at hiding my emotions.

"Do you think she'll need stitches?" Tristan smirked. "Is there a needle in that kit?" Jasper asked.

My eyes widened; I ripped my wrist painfully out of his hands. Perhaps not the wisest of moves in my condition. Could you blame me though, needles sucked.

"Good going, Emmy," he replied quietly, "You opened it back up again. Hold still so I can patch you up, dammit."

I started banging the back of my head against the wall, to try and divert the pain to that, but it didn't work very well; or at all. Frankly, I don't think I was actually thinking at all.

As Tristan was applying the gauze, his fingernail got caught on the still-drying Liquid Band-aid, causing my arm to start bleeding again.

"At this rate Tristan, you're gonna kill her," Jasper said angrily, pushing him out of the way.

"Wait! I thought I wasn't dying! Which is it, really guys?" I muttered annoyance wisping through my lips like the air that left my lungs.

"Eh, she's one of Chloe's friends. It wouldn't be a big loss," Tristan shrugged. "Or a funeral, for that matter." Jasper threw a glare at him; Tristan didn't seem to care as he walked over to the adjacent wall, a smirk plastered on his face.

"That's not answering my question." I whined, rather pathetically if I do say so myself.

"Here, hold your wrists up, Emmy," Jasper stated still ignoring my question, I realized though that he had replied as calmly as he could muster. He seemed even paler than I was. His hands were gentle as he wrapped the gauze around my wrists. He ripped one of the flags in half and secured the gauze in place by wrapping my wrists in them.

"But why use the pink one?!" Mikey exclaimed as he licked his fingers; he had slid them across the floor to collect sustenance. Sustenance as in my blood....

"Well, it's not pink anymore," Jasper said, annoyed. He pushed my arms above my head.
I looked at him questioningly. "What the hell are you doing?" I said, wide-eyed.

"You have to keep your arms elevated, or it's gonna keep bleeding," he explained. I noticed his eyes wandering elsewhere, but I didn't make any move; I was too exhausted to do anything. I laid my head against the wall and blew my bangs out of my face. Tristan walked back over, slung me on his back and started walking.

"What're you--?!" I tried to protest.

"If you didn't realize, the horn that made you fall was the 'finish' bell, and we're extremely late," he explained. "Mikey's going crazy over there, and Jasper has a weak stomach, so I'm carrying you." Jasper was throwing up over in the corner; Mikey was practically licking the floor and giving me weird looks. Jasper walked over, holding his stomach.

"Pansy." Tristan said rolling his eyes.

"You know what, I've seen so much damn blood, it's not even funny," he glared. Suddenly he looked at me sympathetically. "It's not you, Emmy, it's me."

"Okay, you love birds can break up later," Tristan rolled his eyes. "Mikey, stop acting like a damn dog and hurry up."

Mikey suddenly stood up straight, embarrassed.

"Mikey, you have something..." I motioned weakly around my mouth. Annoyance filling my thoughts, who was he to be tasting my blood?

"Huh?" he said, wiping his face. "Oh..." He wiped his mouth off. Jasper started wretching again.

"I'm going on ahead," Tristan said as he repositioned me on his back and walked out of the bloodstained hall. I rested my head against his back; I listened to his rhythmic heartbeat, and before I knew it, I fell asleep.
***********

I woke up awhile later, not only because Tristan had stopped, but also because he suddenly dropped me on my ass. Why do I always get dropped on my ass?

"Why did you drop her?!" Jasper exclaimed.
"Okay, mom, God," Tristan groaned. "I just walked eight miles with this 175--"

"I weigh 145, thank you very much!" I yelled at him. He raised his eyebrow at me. "Okay, 155. Did anyone get my bag with all the flags in it?"

"Mikey did," Tristan said as he threw it at me. Chloe and Arya rushed off the bus, a worried look on their faces.

The teacher walked up to our group. "Why are there six red flags?" she asked all of us. "This can't be right."

"Um," Jasper mumbled, "it was pink. Emmy had a little accident." He grabbed my wrists. "I told you to keep these elevated!"

"Now we all have to go to the castle!" the teacher smiled. Mikey, Jasper, and I looked at Tristan.

"We walked eight miles back for no reason?" I glared at him.

"You had to walk? I had to carry your ass butt back three miles," Tristan said as he folded his arms.

"Three? I thought it was eight," I stated, confused.

"It's only eight if you take the path," he explained, shrugging to himself. Chloe and I looked at Arya angrily.

"Oh, you girls didn't know?" He smirked slyly. "I guess if you hadn't shot me, I would have told you that." Tristan replied laughing slightly to himself.

"Three or eight, it doesn't matter. Do you want to walk all the way to the castle, or do you want to take the bus?" The teacher said impatiently. She was not a happy hippy anymore.

The bus ride to the castle seemed to take a lot less time than the long walk through the woods. Dammit, Arya. I still felt lightheaded, so I leaned against Jasper's shoulder. The jerk owed me at least that much. He dropped me remember? He didn't seem to mind, though.

When we arrived at the castle, I was immediately taken to the infirmary by Jasper, who hadn't even thought to take me there before when I was bleeding all over the floor! The nurses there ripped off all the gauze and Liquid Band-aid, which resulted in them telling me I needed twelve stitches. Merry Fucking Christmas. Jasper was nice enough to hold my hand as they got the big-ass needle to numb my arm before shoving the sewing needle through my nice little bloody wrists. As I was getting sewn back together, I happened to hear doctors speculating how someone could get shot in the crotch with a paintball gun.

"I don't see how it could happen!" one of the doctors said, obviously trying to cover up his laughter by coughing. "I mean, how do you get shot in that area by a paintball gun?"

"For your information," the guy behind the curtain explained, "this gay kid and this other totally hot-gothic chick were fighting over me, and one thing lead to another. They were both jealous of my hotness."

"I can imagine," the other doctor said. "Among other places, as well?" He poked the guy's forehead with his pencil. "Let's just hope that shot to the forehead didn't give you any brain damage." Both the doctors left the guy to heal up.

"There, all done," the nurse stitching my arm, said. Jasper's fingers had started to turn a slight bluish color.

"Oh, sorry," I apologized quickly as I let his hand go. I turned to the nurse. "Thanks."

"You should probably stay here for the rest of the day," the nurse suggested, but I got out of the bed anyway.

"I have to go get my room," I said. The nurse handed me a pamphlet.

"Pandora sent this down an hour ago," she explained.

"But we weren't even here an hour ago," I said slowly.

"Oh, she knows things," the nurse smiled. "She also asked me to hand you this." She gave me a teen pregnancy pamphlet. "It's standard for everyone. I mean, even he could get that." She pointed at the guy behind the curtain.

I stared at her for a moment, then turned beet-red as I looked at it. Jasper was laughing.
"What're you laughing at? She wanted me to give you one, too." She handed him the same pamphlet, plus two more: one on smoking and one on drinking.

"Who's the lucky father?" he joked.

"You, now shut up," I said, turning even more beet-red as I stormed out of the infirmary. That nurse had screwed everything up. I crumpled up the pregnancy pamphlet and threw it in the trash.

"I am not pregnant!" I vented/screamed out. Everyone in the hallway stared at me. God, I hate people. Plus don't you have to have sex to get pregnant, this pamphlet was complete bullshit "C'mon Jasper, we have to go." I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pulled him out the door.

"So, Emmy, when's your baby shower?" Jasper smirked.

"Shut the hell up," I snapped at him, not looking at him. "I think you can light up out here." I smirked.

"I wouldn't want to harm your baby," he retorted.

“Fuck you." I growled

"I think that's what got you the pamphlet in the first place."

"Screw you!" I yelled in response.

"We're in public, Emmy." He laughed out.

I suddenly stopped and slapped him across the face; he grabbed my arm, and I winced in pain.

He gasped. "I'm sorry!" He suddenly let go, stepping back.

Tears stung my eyes; I gave him one deadly final look before storming off, pulling out the pamphlet that showed where all the dorms were.

My dorm was circled in bright red Sharpie: it was about a quarter of a mile from where I stood now, near the forest at the edge of the clearing. Luckily, there was a charter bus that drove all of the students to their respective dorms. The bus was a bright purple color. The same teacher that was our team leader was driving the bus. But luckily it wasn't as awkward not knowing her name because it was splashed brightly over the corkboard over her head: Melanie Potts.

I took a seat near the front because I felt nauseous; sitting as close to the front as possible is proven to be easier on your stomach. I scooted over in the seat to lay my head on the cool glass, but that proved to be a stupid move on my part, for Jasper, being the jerk he was, still laughing about his little pregnancy jokes, sat next to me. I scooted over even more.

When we arrived at our dorm (lucky me, Jasper was going to be staying in the same damn dorm as me), I took notice at the shabby outer appearance of it. The house seemed to be painted in an older white color, and it was chipping. It was made of wood and had a wraparound porch. It's not what you would call a dorm. More like a big house, really. Seven or eight people got off the bus, although most of them went off in other directions to other houses.
There were a lot of houses. I did notice, however, that Mikey had gotten off at our stop, and was skipping toward us. God-dammit, why me?

"Ooh, you had to get stitches, Emmy?" Mikey asked, poking my arm.
I wrenched my arm out of his reach.

"I just want to go to bed," I said angrily and tiredly.
Jasper smacked Mikey across the head.

"Why'd you do that?!" Mikey whined, grabbing his head.

"You made her all emo! And angry!" he replied.

"Just look at the way she's looking at me right now! It's your fault!" Complained Jasper half laughing.

"Um, I'm standing right here, you guys..." I said, shaking my head. I walked forward, climbing the steps as I left them behind. I unlocked the door with the key I had found in the pamphlet the nursed had given me. The guys had stopped their quarreling and rushed up the stairs, but I just slammed and locked the door in their faces. I was secretly hoping that this wasn't their house and they wouldn't be able to unlock the door. I ran upstairs to scout out the best room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Character of the Chapter:
Image

Congrats' Tristan.

(This picture is property of the person in the watermark.)