Status: 215 pages of pure tantalizing story, (Writing Chapter 28, and all that goes with it!)

Our Deathly Love

Mother Goddess

Image

I rolled over in my bed unable to go back to sleep. I took a look at Mimi's clock, which was flashing the time in a bright pink color. It was 6'am, and no one was awake yet. Classes did not start until nine so everyone was allowing themselves the extra time to sleep in. I, on the other hand, could not sleep, no matter how much I wanted to. Images of last night kept flashing in my mind over and over and over again. I could not help but cringe as I thought about Gabriel. There is nothing good about the way he looked at Arya. I was still at a shock, unable to get why she would sign, but I understood that the need must be great in her to find out how much time she had left, but to go to such measures was not good.

I knew that I had to shake those thoughts out of my head. I hardly knew the girl. I may not be cruel but it was not my job to take care of her. She was a big girl after all and could take care of herself. I needed to focus on myself right now. I was only hours away from my first class, and nervous as hell. I knew that I should start my morning rituals early this morning so that I could be prepared for class.

So grudgingly I forced myself out of my bed and tiptoed over to my closet. The doorway to the closet was immersed in blackness. So horrified I jumped in the closet. Terrified, I ran my hands over the closet walls and tried to find the light switch. After scratching the walls up a bit I was able to locate and flick on the light.

I searched my closet, and I decided upon wearing a black balloon skirt, black and white striped thigh highs, a black short sleeved shirt, and my bright red cloak as well as a pair of Oxford heels. I loved this outfit. It made me feel comfortable, and yes I did look hot. Even I will admit that.

So, smiling slightly to myself, I stepped out of my closet and over to my trunk. Lifting the lid I shuffled around in it until I found the things I needed:

A jar of honey, a small piece of rope, a dog made out of clay, an old key, a silver necklace chain, and a black candle with a lighter and a piece of black silk, as well as a large black bowl, sage, rosemary, licorice root, mint, and holy water.

Getting all of those things together, I put them in a drawstring bag smiling at the progress I had made at just getting those items together in the first place.

I walked as quietly as possible out of the bedroom. No one was in the living room upstairs when I entered. I walked quietly down the stairs silently cursing at each moan and groan of the old steps.

Sadly all of my quietness was not justified as I noticed people lounging tiredly in the kitchen.
Mikey was shoving down pancakes like he hadn't ate in a week, Tristan was sitting on the kitchen counter sipping coffee and reading some large textbook of sorts, and Chloe was making a large banquet of sorts, which consisted of pancakes, toast, eggs, sausage, French toast and waffles.

"Oh Emmy you're awake! What'll it be?" Chloe said happily tapping her toes on the floor of the kitchen.

"Actually... I've got to get going.. So can I just have a banana or something?" I said giving an apologetic look her way. Chloe looked upset for a moment before nodding to me and placing the fruit basket in front of me, with a thud. Obviously she was not happy with me skipping out on her breakfast! Yet I knew I had not enough time for it so instead I stared longingly at the fruit before deciding on taking a bag of grapes and a plumb, as well as a bottle of water with me.

I quickly shoved the things into my already bulging bag. I took notice of the weird looks I was getting from Tristan as he stared at the red bundle in my arms. I knew it must look weird, so to answer his questions I pulled the drawstring bag on my back before unwrapping the cloak and pulling it on.

The material felt swooshy and surprisingly light on my arms. The light brushing of the material on my arms when I moved caused the hair on them to rise up. I knew the Cloak was a sight to behold. But I never expected the reaction I got from Mikey, which scared the shit out of me when he suddenly jumped up and ran over to me grabbing at the material a weird ferial look was in his eyes.

“WHERE DID YOU GET THIS!! I MUST HAVE ONE!! THE MATERIAL IS IMMACULATE!! OHMYGOSH-OHMYGOSH-OHMYGOSH!!!!” he screamed out jumping up and down staring longingly at the dark red cloak. He brushed the soft material with his fingers his eyes scanning and soaking up every little detail of the material as he could. From the dark red cotton to the bright red silk trim even the gold and green stitching did not evaded his keen fashion oriented eyes. And frankly this made me extremely uncomfortable I mean how many girls can say that a gay VAMPIRE has had a extreme meltdown because of them loving their clothes? No takers? Well then…. let me tell you one thing it’s very time consuming. Especially when said gay Vampire won’t let go of the cloak till you tell him every little thing you know about it!

“Mikey, ya got to let go of Emmy now… She has to leave!” Chloe said in a doting mother sort of way one hand on her slim hips the other holding a black spatula. She had an amused and slightly annoyed smile on her small lips, as she said that. Happily Mikey quickly removed his over exuberant self from my cloak and I was able to make a hasty escape out of the room, with out being questioned to death by Mikey the fashionista!

As I walked out of the house I made sure that the key that I had gotten for the ceremony was my house key. After seeing that it was I walked out onto the sidewalk in front of the house, taking notice of my new neighborhood.

Our house was not the only house on the block. Yes block! This school campus seemed more like a city then a school. Taking out the map I looked at the grounds. The school was at the middle of the grounds. The castle in question seemed like the castle out of Harry Potter, sadly even I had to admit that. It was made out of a large grey stone with white marble finish. Although once you got past the castle structure you would notice it was a lot like a college. Large white sidewalks linked exits to the castle as well as went around the castle, and snaked their way to off castle buildings such as portal shacks which were small buildings made out of marble that you would enter, that would have a portal doorway inside of them that you would go through, to get to your destination.

Also the sidewalks lead to the dorms or as I would call them the Suburbs. By the looks of the map there was six-suburb areas that wrapped a mile back from the castle in every direction. Each suburb was six houses on three streets so there were a whopping total of 96 houses dorms! What was even more surprising was the six houses on my street all looked like they didn’t belong! None of them were modeled the same! All were house structures from different times, different types, and different colours! The only thing they had that was the same was how large the houses in question were. We also had parks, and pools as well as ponds, gyms and a few other public areas. The whole school was surrounded by a long twisting forest, which was filled with magic, and non-magic animals, plants, and creatures, along with ponds, trails and any other little thing your heart can imagine. Glancing at the map, I searched for the perfect place to conduct the ceremony. I noticed there was a crossroad in the sidewalk that split in three different directions about a ten-minute walk towards the castle. It seamed like the perfect place to conduct the ceremony! It was in between my new house and the school, and there seemed to be no houses near by, which meant no one to interrupt this sacred act that I was about to perform. Which in all accounts was very important.

So smiling to myself, and pushing the bag further on my shoulder, I started off in the direction of the crossroads. The air this morning was crisp and warm, dew still stuck to the top of the well-tended healthy green lawns. My shoes made a clippity-cloppity sound as I walked on the white sidewalk, in a brisk walk out of our suburbs and the material of my cloak felt soft and worm against my skin. The sun although low in the sky already projected its large yellow rays upon me causing me to relish the soft and subtle breeze that was sweeping past me. I stopped and closed my eyes for a moment reaching out my arms and enjoying the sunlight that beated down on me, before continuing on my way.

It did not take me very long to reach the white crossroads that I desired just a lovely stroll that lasted 15 minutes my only friend being the sound of chirping birds and insects. As I reached the crossroads I was met with a lovely surprise. Nothing, no people, no noise, no houses, nothing but the three white cement sidewalks that met in the middle of this isolated place. White sidewalk stretched out in three directions, the fourth direction was nothing but a thick patch of grass that lead out into a wildflower meadow of sorts. The meadow was filled with multi colored flowers as far as the eye could see, there lovely petals were being grazed my busy bumble be’s, ladybugs, butterflies and an assortment of other bugs that were just going about their business as they did everyday, no clue as to what a huge day it was to me, or the other students at this school, to them it was just another busy day pollinating these beautiful flowers.

Pulling myself out of my daydream of sorts, I pulled my bag off of my shoulders and sat criss-cross-apple-sauce on the dew laden ground, it felt soft yet scratchy at the same time as I sat there. My mind was set upon the task at hand which led me to setting the bag on the conjoining crossroad. I pulled all the items out setting them in a row then I began.
“I bless these items in the image of Hecate my mother goddess, the mother goddess of all Witches and the cross roads!” I whispered slowly moving my hands over all of the objects.

Then I moved all the items to the side leaving the center of the crossroads open. Setting up my alter was automatic, done without even the tiniest thought to the process. I set the black silk cloth out first placing the bowl in the center of the cloth, I put the black candle in the center of the bowl then I carefully crumbled up the sage, rosemary, licorice root, and last mint. Mumbling a silent prayer as I added each ingredient into the bowl. Then I poured in the holy water taking special care not to wetten the wick. Then rising to my knees I took the lighter and spoke.

“I offer this to appease Hecate the Maiden, Mother, And Crone!” Then I lit the lighter, the weird thing was though before the lighter even reached the wick, the wick went up in flame. It startled me, I have made many altars in my time and not one has done that before. So not knowing what to make of my situation I did the best I could to calm myself and continue on.

I placed the clay dog in one of the black silk corners, and then I placed the piece of rope, the key and the honey in the other corners as well, taking special care with each item. Making sure they each got special attention.

I breathed slowly in and out allowing myself to be caught up in the smell of the burning candle, before beginning again. I took the rope in my hands rubbing it over and over feeling its coarse stands in my fingers I plopped it into the water murmuring “This is the rope of rebirth, renewal, and regeneration, it will tie me to my fate and help me stay on the path that I was given.”

Next I picked up the clay dog, softly running my fingers over the hard yet brittle clay material. Before plopping it in as well. “ This is Hecate in the form of her choosing, she is in the form of the dog to lead me in the right direction that my life is going and to bring me comfort and safety in the long days and nights ahead of me!”

Next I picked up the jar of honey, I quietly opened the jar looking hopefully at the sticky sweet goo inside I poured a tiny bit of it into the water. Then placing the open jar off the silk in front of the bowl I began again. “ This is the sacrifice for Hecate in the form of her favorite sweet honey let it appease her and bring her joy as she has brought me.”

Then I took the necklace chain and put the key on it, taking special care I felt the key with my fingers holding it and thinking nothing but nice thoughts and sweet nothings, as I stroked it with my fingers. Then holding my breath I reached forward and plopped the key into the water as well careful to get all of the chain wet but not to spill a single drop of the water I began. “ This key represents Hecate’s ability to unlock the gates to the underworld and the mysteries that surround our lives! Let this key help me, keep me strong, and protect me as I do my daily things, let its sacred magic not falter and keep me safe and sheltered as if I was in the arms of Hecate herself. In the name of the Maiden, the Mother, and the Crone, the all mighty Hecate herself, Merry Meet, Merry Part, Merry Meet Again!” and with that I clasped the necklace around my neck; I pulled it under my shirt so no one would see it but me. I could feel the cold metal on my skin as I snuffed out the alter candle. Then I slowly began the process of cleaning up the ritual.

It took me five minutes to clean up the mess, I decided that the holy water would be best poured on the meadow, which did not even bother the busy butterflies and bee’s. I left the honey out as an offering to Hecate, then looking at the little watch I had hanging on my bag I decided I had enough time to sit and eat breakfast amongst the beauty of nature.

So smiling happily I walked over to the meadow and laid down on my back to stare at the clouds as they passed by, while munching on a plumb and taking slow sips of water.
I thought about what my mother would be doing right now at home, most likely she was just finishing her breakfast of porridge with blueberries fresh from the garden on top. She was most likely thinking if she should start to work on the next plot she was thinking about planting or going to town to get something to fix the old shed out back. She had been mumbling about the door sticking for ages. I wonder if my mother missed me in the least bit. We didn’t talk much even though we lived so close so I wonder if she even noticed the difference of me not being there.

I shook those thoughts away thinking instead as to what I had found out about the people here. The rule-age was the same here as at my old school, Mimi was the new Lilly, as well as Oliver was as sure as tomorrow, the new George.

I shivered at the thought of George, the arrogant fool of a guy who thought that every girl was a conquest not yet completed, or as some say a mountain yet to be climbed. Oh he had climbed a lot in his day, before he tried to climb me.

He was Lilly’s on-again-off-again boyfriend, he like Oliver was stunning, with brown chocolate eyes, clear skin and deep brown hair that put gods to shame, he was perfect and totally out of my league and did I know it! And before you say it, no I don’t mean in that I’m not good enough for him sort of way. I was poor and he stank of money and arrogance.

Imagine my surprise when he asked me out. Imagine my surprise when he took me out and I found out all he really wanted was to score, with the witch child, unknown territory for all the boys, and perfect gossip for the in-girls. It was horrible, but worst of all was that I fell for it, his perfect eyes, that crooked smile, it made my knees weak and my heart pitter patter off the charts, I was goo in his hands until he decided to take me to make out spot. Which was a place well known in the area for rowdy kids to get extra rowdy…

I will admit if I did know what he was planning I would have not let him take me there to the secluded spot ten miles out of town, well at least not in high heels! I wont lie his kiss even being my first and only will most likely always be in my top three, the boy knew what he was doing. It was a lot of fun I wont lie, at first it started with sweet kisses, and then to a lust filled make out. But when he started to try and take things off, it was over for me.

I told him to stop between lust filled kisses, but he did not so I did what any terrified teen would do. I kicked him in the crotch with my heel, and got the hell out of that car as fast as I could. I did not give him time to recover as I walked the ten miles home, my punishment for believing that someone like him could have good intentions for someone like me.

So I knew people like Mimi and Oliver were bad news, bad news in the worst kind of way if you get my drift, I still don’t understand why people flock to people like that, mouths agape hoping to catch their five minutes of fame. It seemed ridiculous, and out right stupid but no matter what I thought people would still flock to Mimi, Lilly, George, and Oliver’s of the world like a moth and a light, It’s just the way the world works and there seems to be no reason to look into much further, so sighing I thought of the other characters I had met.

Arya, who seemed to be extremely strong and determined, yet sick.
Chloe, who was most likely one of the prettiest girls I will ever meet yet, she still was most likely one of the most bitter.

Gabriel, he seemed familiar yet at the same time I would not trust him as far as I could throw him. He scares me, for some unknown reason, he scares the living daylight out of me.
Tristan, I was still out on he seemed regretful, scornful, hateful, and yet I pity him for some reason, unknown to me.

Mikey, was cute in a way, most likely someone I could easily get along with, although a bit on the annoying side I liked him.

And last Jasper, I feel like a hurricane when I think of him, his amazing eyes and soft expressions make me blush, yet when he opens his mouth he makes me want to smack him upside the head. Yet I feel sort of protective of him… In a way like, a girl and her puppy. Of course Jasper was a boy not a puppy and it was highly impractical to think of him in such a manner. Yet I could still see him with cute puppy ears and tail wagging away.

I looked at my clock again realizing I had been daydreaming and shot up. Somehow I had lost time it was after 8:30. Classes started at nine!

I quickly gathered up my belongings and rushed to my first class of the day, feeling confident and happy with the way things were going.
♠ ♠ ♠
Character of the Chapter:
Image
Congrats' Hecate!

sorry, it took so long DX I have had it written for a while I just have been... a bad.. bad Writer. oh and 3 people spell checked this chapter so if you find any thing that is wrong TELL ME!! oh and I love COMMENTS! I swear I don't bite.... much XD

oh
Mother Russia OUT!~