Status: 215 pages of pure tantalizing story, (Writing Chapter 28, and all that goes with it!)

Our Deathly Love

Judgment and Annoyance

Image

I could hear my shoes clopping as I walked toward my impending doom. The walls were brick and the floor was made out of a deep stone, which I was not familiar with. The sound of my shoes echoed off the hollow hallways, as well as, the scuttle of other late students who were hurrying through the halls as well. I counted off the classrooms 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, till I got to room number 305 better known as Creatures&You. I walked into the class as quietly as I could, the class had not yet started by the looks of things. Many students were walking around talking and chatting at desks.

The room, in question, was a faded yellow color, the floor, a worn light brown wood. The room was a large square, and it was filled with five rows of long black two person lab desks, three rows long. In the front of the classroom was a large green chalkboard built into the wall, on the board written in large cursive letters was: Mrs. Jillian, Creatures&You Class.

Sitting in the corner of the room in the front was Mrs. Jillian herself, she had dark brown hair, held up in a tight bun, her eyes were a dark shade of green, and her thin lips were covered in a dark red lipstick, that was on the ends of her teeth. She was wearing a pair of caki capris and a pink polo top, to top that off, she was also wearing a pair of heeled black flip-flops.

I was ripped from my thoughts by the sound of Chloe’s shrill voice “Emmy! Come sit over here!” Chloe said her blue eyes shining brightly as she waved me over. I sat down slowly next to Jasper who was talking to a girl, who was sitting in the table next to his.

The girl Jasper was talking to was plump, pretty I will give her that, with simple brown eyes and black hair, she was decked out in purple, her skin the color of a rich coffee. She seemed to be extremely opinionated, and was not to my taste.

Although I did answer her questions, I tried to not really go into their conversation. I was on the other hand drawn to the boy on her left, who she would periodically place her own hand over his. He was tall, thin, had dark brown hair, a clear pale complexion and bright red eyes. He was a Vampire, a very preppy Vampire at that. He had on a crisp fresh-off-the-iron button up light blue shirt and a pair of long black trousers.

I did not smile at him or show any emotion after realizing what he was, instead I tried to ignore the conversation, plus the fact the girl and Jasper were talking in such weird English I hardly understood them.

I rolled my eyes at them and the way they were talking, I guess it was normal for Jasper to talk in such a manner. He hadn’t said how old he was but I had a feeling the girl (named Monique) and him had generations on the rest of the class. Which actually was pretty creepy, if I let myself think about it. So instead of trying to decipher old person talk, I moved on to the conversation Chloe, Arya, and another girl were having.

The girl was sitting on the left of Chloe, she was small and tiny doll like, if I do say so myself. She had bright red hair, that most likely contributed to half her weight. Truthfully it was a hairstyle that would give even, Shirley Temple, a run for her money!

The girl had bright green eyes and pouty red lips; basically she was the picture of cute. She had on a green off the shoulders top, and a pair of black tights with long brown leather boots with a matching belt.

She had a wicked smile across her face, that made her eyes gleam with desire. I watched as she glanced over her shoulder, her eyes hungrily taking in the class. She giggled as she leaned over the table and whispered something to Arya that made her laugh loudly and Chloe blush, Chloe looked uncomfortable where the conversation was going, so I saved her from continuing the conversation any longer.

“Hey Chloe, who is your new friend?” I asked a forced smile planted on my face.

“Oh, um, well-“Chloe started only to be cut off by the girl. “I’m Tundry O’Brian!, and you are?” she asked looking me up and down.

“Um… I’m Emmy… You have an unusual name.” I said giving her a look of annoyance; it was extremely rude to cut people off while they were talking.

“It means Faerie Queen in Hungarian.” She giggled.

“Why did your parents name you that?” I asked confused, which was received with loud laughs from Arya and Tundry.

“She's the Seelie Queen, or will be anyways,” Chloe stated rolling her eyes, whether it was to Tundry, or me I had no clue.

“Aren’t you a little young to be a Queen?” I asked giving her a look

NO! I’m only two years younger then Oliver! Great leaders aren’t measured by age, but by the deeds they commit!” she growled at me.

“Wait pervy, British-boy band, wannabe, Oliver? What does he have to do with it?” I asked totally lost.

“He's the UnSeelie King unfortunately.” Tundry stated rolling her eyes.

“Does that mean you guys are a thing?” I asked confused.

AW HELL NO! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER EVER!!!!! The Seelie and the UnSeelie are totally different courts! And so he is the enemy! We may be in a truce at the moment, but like hell am I going to submit to that type of crazy!” Tundry growled, I had gone over the line a bit I guessed.

I turned around and looked at Oliver who was sitting in the back row. He was talking adamantly to Tristan, and who in turn was talking to a red head with sharp blue eyes; the red head, had on a dark green military pea coat with a matching beret. For a moment she looked our way, then she locked eyes with something in front of me, at first I thought she caught me looking, but then I noticed she was not looking at me but at Chloe.

“Chloe who is the red head talking to Tristan?” I whispered turning around and giving her a look.

“Angela Blair Newbarry.” Arya shivered when Chloe stated her name.

“You mean Angie-Mc’Crazy-pants?” Arya asked “Yes” Chloe muttered angrily.

“What?” I asked confused.

“Angie, was the Ex. General of C.A.T.”

“C.A.T?” I asked confused.

“Children of the Angels of Time! Where all Angel’s originate from…” she stared shocked at my lack of knowledge.

“Basically the Angelic Community-Government and Church.” Arya stated.

“It’s far more then just that!” Chloe stated giving Arya a look. “I’ll explain more later… but anyways Blair was the youngest general of all time, she is an Oracle Angel, and her abilities are renown, none of her plans have ever failed! She has an IQ of over 200… but she is totally off her rocker, she refuses to follow the angelic rules! She skipped prayers, she refused to follow a plan given to her by Balthazar our supreme elder, and killed prisoners, she stated that they attacked first… although it has never been proved so… they, the counsel even let that go, but she crossed the line and was banished when she refused to marry Balthazar’s son. She cursed the counsel and said they were trying to get rid of her because married women are not aloud to hold higher-ranking positions like her job as supreme general… Women must stay at home and start their family. The counsel told her what would happen if she refused… It was a good position! A great match! He was powerful and good-looking! Arrogant yes, but he was a great match for any women! He was only a year older then her as well! She refused and was banished, by my father who found her guilty! So she like Tristan hates my family.” Chloe stated rolling her eyes.

“Your loss! She may be crazy by your standard; but she is an amazing general, best decision I ever made adding her to my cabinet!” Tundry stated happily then she waved frantically over to Angie, who smiling slightly waved back.

Chloe rolled her eyes at Tundry, who in turn jumped up from the table and skipped over to Angie, standing in front of her desk she started a conversation with her. The conversation was short lived though as Mrs. Jillian went to the center of the front of the room clapping her hands loudly together. Tundry stopped talking and like the other students rushed to her seat.
They all sat down and stared at Mrs. Jillian, waiting for her to speak.

I sat at my desk lacing my fingers together as I stared intently at Mrs. Jillian.

“Good morning class! I am Mrs. Jillian and I will be your Creatures&You teacher, it is my job to help you all understand your differences from each other and, how you are all a like! We will explore each others abilities, personalities, and beliefs and bring them together to help you all connect and get along with each other, to help us better our future, and our lives!” She stated enthusiastically. She walked over to her desk and picked up a stack of white papers and handed them out down the row. When I received my paper I realized it was a list of sorts, with 30 names on it in groups of two… I knew this would be bad as I read the groups on the list.

Groups!
1. Luca and Tundry
2. Chloe and Angie
3. Tristan and Campton
4. Monique and Mimi
5. Fredrick and Lilith
6.Mikey and Rose
7.Viola and Benvolio
8. Rashel and Alexandru
9.Tenubus and Jasper
10. Oliver and Arya
11.Serinity and Emil
12. Trinity and Crystal-Oktober
13. Vincent and Mercutio
14. Cherri and Tenabe
15. Emelia and Gabriel

My mouth hung wide open at finding out my partner for what ever it was we were doing. I stared nervously around and found a smirking Gabriel. This was going to be bad, so I took a deep breath and prepared myself for what Mrs. Jillian was going to say. I watched as Mrs. Jillian opened her mouth to speak only to be interrupted by a chorus of groans, moans and glares. The most vocal of the group seamed to be Chloe, Angie, Tristan, and a blonde boy who was dressed in cacki’s and polo. I assumed the boy was Campton by the look he was giving Tristan. They all seamed to speak at the same time, which was oddly funny, because they all said the same exact thing.

“I OBJECT!!!” which caused Mrs. Jillian to smile in a way that gave me shivers. “Over ruled… I’m the teacher and I say who is who’s partner, so sit down and shut up!” she chirped out giving everyone a glare of authority, daring anyone else to interrupt her.

“It seams as if, you all need a good dose of allowance, I put you all into teams to help you get to know each other personally, what we are going to do is get in your ASSIGNED groups and share a few, things that shaped you as a person or changed your life. Give at least three main things to your partner who will write them down. Each of you will need a piece of paper. Each will need to write the three things down said from the partner. As well as when we call on your group at the end of class, you will read what you wrote about your partner out loud in class! This is a serious group exercise, and we will do this every day this week, but each day we will have different partners and different topics. Now you all know who your partners are, and to find out who is who, you will have to meet and greet everyone! Oh and it seams as if we are missing a student. Ah yes, Mercutio your partner Vincent is not here, it seams he had and injury, and will not be in class today. So you will be my partner for today. Now lets go, hurry!” she said smiling as everyone got up and started to find their partners.

I slowly packed my bag up and walked over to the seat Gabriel was sitting at. I gave him a glare as I sat down and watched him sit there crossed legged smirking, an amused look upon his face. I pulled a piece of paper out of my bag along with a pen and waited for him to do the same. I watched quietly as he got his paper and pencil out, and when he had finished we just stared at each other. He gave me a smirk and a quick laugh before muttering about the irony. The irony in this I had no clue on, so I just sat there quietly and waited for him to start.

“Okay Girly, I don’t give a rat’s ass about your sob-story life, so write down your three things I’ll write down mine, we will switch our papers, read it, and you can go back to your pathetic life.” He muttered scribbling down things on his paper, brushing me off like some piece of trash. I glared angrily at him giving him a look of death, and I kind of lost my cool.

“You little TWERP! Who do you think you are? I mean, is there a pole shoved up your butt or what? You dare call my life pathetic? Hello I’m not the one that has to bribe someone to get a date!” I took in a breath, realizing what I had just said.
He gave me a small smile one filled with understanding and a small bit of admiration.

“Oh Little Witchy-Witch that was you in the room… I thought I sensed someone there… Never thought you would actually be as good at what you do, as you are… But as you can tell, that potion still is not good enough to fool real magical creatures, and frankly Doll-face even if you bribed someone you would never even get a date, you’re a bit to frigid…” he smirked.

“I could tell Pandora, you know…” I growled giving him a look.

“Go a head tell. There’s nothing they can do. I have a deadline, she will die that day. If you tell, I still own her… How would you like to see a soul collection? Little Witch? How would you like to know it’s your fault she didn’t get the time she was promised left?” he growled smirking at me.

“Go to hell!” I growled angrily at him.

“Ops! Wrong answer! Oh and by the way we are in hell, Girly!” he growled a triumphant smile on his face as he got out of his seat and he started walking away. At first I was confused and then it hit me like a ton of bricks… he was walking over to Arya, he was actually serious! That crazy freak was actually going to do it!

Arya and Oliver were on the whole other side of the room. Gabriel was taking his sweet time walking over to them so I was able to grab his arm before he reached the table.

“Fine-Fine! I change my mind just go sit back down…” I growled giving him a look.

“Good, smart Little Witchy!” he smirked patting me on the head like a dog. I watched as he walked back over to the desk we were sitting at before and watched him grab all of his things and march past me over to Arya and Oliver again, only stopping when he passed me.

“Just to make sure… you understand how serous I am about this, I think we should keep Arya and Oliver a little company right?”

He smiled a wide toothy smile, before walking over and sitting in the desk right behind Arya.
I quietly walked over to the open seat behind Oliver and next to Gabriel after I picked up my things from my old seat, and then I sat down. I was worried about Arya. Getting involved with Gabriel was not something a smart person would do... Although apparently, smart and desperate doesn’t mix together. As for another thing, it was hard to tell Arya had half a year left. She looked healthy as could be, happy as well.

She was sitting Indian style in her chair, a notebook open in her lap, as she smiling talked to Oliver. Her chair was turned facing him giving me a perfect view of her outfit. She was wearing a sky blue camisole, that was tucked into a pair of light grey balloon shorts that had extreme poof, the shorts were a bit on the short side, which instead of looking bad, like if Mimi were to wear it, looked really good, natural, normal, against her slightly tan skin. She obviously did not fake bake, her skin was to flawless, and shined with such a natural glow you could tell it was from her spending time outside.

Over her camisole she had on an open grey Genie like vest that was made out of the same material as the shorts, she was wearing a braided blue string ankle bracelet. Around her neck she had on a black leather dog color, hanging from it was a tiny silver wolf. Which did surprised me, shifters hated silver, although it did not burn their skin, if it enters the blood, or in the case of a silver bullet enters the body, in minuets it becomes highly toxic. Of course Arya was dying and silver seemed irrelevant at this point in time, it still bothered me.

I have only known Arya one day but I feel as though I know her. She seems like the kind over the edge, willing to do anything, self destructive, wild in a way. as if in a moment she would be ready to jump over the edge.. I could catch it in her eyes; she had a thirst for life, yet at the same time she had little time left. It seamed like she would take as many risks as possible, it made me sad to think she would be nothing by this time next summer. I had no clue what she had... But although I did not trust Gabriel, I knew he was right. Reapers were never wrong about this sort of thing. I knew it would be better to just forget Arya. Yet, I couldn't. I didn't want to. I wanted to know her. I guess in a way, I was like all the Mimi and Oliver followers of the world I wanted a glimpse into her life...

So as quickly as I could I wrote down my three things, and slipped the paper to Gabriel and then snatched up his as I zoned into Oliver and Arya' s conversation.

"Oh Arya dear, you know you love me," Oliver stated laughing causing Arya to give him a dirty look.

"Oh come on Oliver… You are soooo full of yourself!" Arya stated rolling her eyes

"Oh Arya we all know one of the biggest things to happen to you HAD to be meeting me!" Oliver smirked.

"Oliver you are such a pompous prince!" Arya laughed.

"Oh you know it was! So much of our childhood was made up of those summers spent together just you, Chloe, Tristan and me!" Oliver said laughing!

"I don't remember much of our childhood." Arya murmured looking away...

"Oh Arya-come on you have to remember.... Oh-oh I'm sorry... Sometimes I just forget... do you forget a lot of things now..?" Oliver asked slowly catching her eyes.

"NOT a lot. Just a few things... It's not a big deal. I remember some of what happened in those summers...." Arya stated trying to brush off the comment he made, obviously she refused to have an Arya pity party.

"You know my view on the matter Arya... I will always be willing to end this need less pain." Oliver stated giving her a sympathetic look.

"Oliver. Not right now! I refuse to talk about THAT right now..." Arya stated. I was worried by his comment 'end this needless pain' did not sound very good in my point of view...

"Oh come on Arya, how much longer is it going to take, how much pain and suffering is it going to take, for you to realize you are making a mistake!?" Oliver growled giving her a look.

"Oliver, how in the world can you sit here and talk about this!? You don't understand about the importance of keeping face, you just can't understand!" she growled her eyes churning with her animistic color.

"Arya your eyes don't scare me so don't even try it! I really don't feel like having another scream out with you on the importance of your life today. Not in front of people who have no business knowing! Also just because of what happened to my brother does not mean I don't hold importance in my family! Hello I am the one who is watching Joshua, so my Mum Doesn’t fuck him up like my brother and I! Just because I openly defy things doesn’t make me weak! Just because I care about you not dying does not mean I'm being a selfish, and not able to understand the importance of keeping face! For god's sake! When we were little you always were asking to be like me! We always played house! You always were by my side!"

"Things change Oliver.... Some times you have to grow up and do what people demand of you. Now if you don't mind I would love to just finish this project so we can move on with our lives."

"Fine ARYA, We can move on but I really want you to think about much how of your life, you have left to live, and find me when you are in your right mind!" He whispered giving her a look.

Oliver and Arya got to work on their questions, and I zoned out until I heard a loud sound at the front of the class that made me jump. Mrs. Jillian had slammed a ruler down on the table and was glaring at the front of the class. The room got quite in a second; you could hear a pen drop.

"Now then we shall start!" she declared, giving us a look. She motioned to Tristan and Campton's group to come up first.

Tristan and Campton gave each other dirty looks as they walked up to the front of the room. Campton faked a smile; Tristan didn't even try to hide his displeasure at the situation.
“Okay now read about the three things that shaped your partner’s lives!” Mrs. Jillian said smiling a grimiest of a smile.

I watched as Tristan smirked at the paper he held in front of him.

“The three most important things that shaped pretty-boy Campton’s life!” Tristan started rolling his eyes. I could hear Mrs. Jillian click her tongue in anger.

“Like his life was like so difficult like! He achieved sooo much like from his bad start to life! Always having too much money never knowing how to spend it! Always being the apple in everyone’s eyes applied SOOO much stress it’s a miracle he was able to achieve becoming caption of the soccer, lacrosse, debate, hockey and rugby team not to mention the Future C.A.T’s leaders in training squad!! Next after studying his little brain out, he became the best little angel he could be, and scored a perfect on his C.A.T. Test scores! Oh and the most difficult thing he could do, to become the best suck up he could be, would have to be becoming Chloe’s father’s second apprentice right under my brother. Man this guy had SUCH a difficult life! Round of applause please!” Tristan laughed out smirking the whole time.

No one dared to applause because of the look of death Mrs. Jillian was giving out. Yet still the same Oliver, Blair/Angie, Arya, and a few others were laughing their heads off. Chloe on the other hand was not happy at all, and by the look on Campton’s face if Tristan and him were not in class he would deck him.

“Okay! My turn!” Campton said smirking

The three things that changed Mr. Sob-story over here had to be… The birth of his little sister! And how could that not be one of the most important things to him, She is the only one who will play Barbie and tea party with him!

Next was his banishment from the Angelic community! Yes I guess screwing up big time, never being good enough for your family, and screwing over your brother all are important accomplishments for you. Never really changed anything for us ANGELS, all it means is we didn’t have to see your failure of a face every day! Oh and last… He became the adviser for Caption-Sparkly-Pants-Oliver over there! Frankly it’s not an accomplishment it is treason! Us Angels may have an agreement with the UnSeelie Court, but that was with the real leader Orlando… Not his failure of a bother Oliver!” Campton growled.

Tristan and Oliver both looked like they wanted to strangle Campton at the moment. Tristan looked at Oliver for a moment, smirking as Oliver stood up. I watched as Oliver’s eyes seemed to harden over with anger, his bright green eyes turning almost black as a swirl of emotion ran through them.

“ People have died for less, Campton, I would watch your mouth, a wagging tongue is likely to be cut off, no matter who’s child it belongs to.” Oliver stated coldly. Before lifting his arm, it may have seamed insignificant at the time, but as I watched him slowly make a fist, Campton started to cough, and gasp, he was holding at his throat, trying desperately to breath, like he was being suffocated or strangled. No one was touching him though; the only thing that could explain what was happening would be that Oliver’s hand movements were causing his loss of breath. I was not the only one to see this, for Mrs. Jillian pointed at Oliver and demanded he stopped that instant.

THAT IS IT! NO MORE! DETENTION FOR ALL THREE OF YOU!” Mrs. Jillian growled angrily.

“You all will realize in this class it does not matter who you are, or who your parents are, this is my class this is my dictatorship, I am Castro you are Cubans. You will do what I say or you will suffer!” Mrs. Jillian screamed out angry more than ever.

That silenced the class and got us back into gear. After Tristan, Campton, and Oliver sat down the class not willing to get a detention on the first day of school, was a lot more respectful. Making the class go by in a blur. What was even more surprising was the fact that Gabriel was no problem when it came to the questions, he just answered them no problem, no grief, no snark. Allowing me to let my mind wander, and me to daydream until the bell rang signaling next hour.

Mrs. Potts taught my next hour class. I was taking herbology, which was going to be a snap for me, seeing as that was what my mother did for a living. I knew I would have no problem with that class and soar right through it. Although it was not my type, it came easy to me. It did not prepare me for the sight that I was to see though.

The Herbology class was being held in a large glass green house in the center of the castle. The room was a large dome of room made entirely of glass. The dome was circular in appearance and was made out of multiple rooms all cut like triangles into the dome. Each room was separated by glass giving a clear view of the whole structure, which was filled with exotic plants and other things as to which I had no clue on.

In front of me there was a hallway that lead into the spear to the very center, where there was a large circle of a room. On each of the walls in the center of the room were doors that led to each one of the glass chambers that held the plants. I walked to the center room looking around in amazement the ceiling was made out of glass as well. The sky outside was a bright blue colour; the sun was shining down in all its radiance. I looked at the room I was in. Its only furniture was stacks of beanbag chairs which were placed circular about the room. In the center of the circle of bags was Mrs. Potts in all of her glory. She was wearing a jean skirt, a knotted belt and knotted vest, she also had on wearing at least twenty bangles, a hippie headband and a bright ugly orange shirt. She was bare foot, to boot! She just smiled at everyone as they walked into the room.

I sat down on one of the chairs and waited for the class to start. I knew some of the faces in the room; some were in my first hour class. The only one I knew personally was Tundry though who chose to sit next to me; I tried to pay attention to her as she gabbed away about her partner in first hour. She apparently thought in exact words ‘He was the hottest thing since sliced bread!’ I did not get what she saw in him. He apparently was from Greece, he was a demon, and loved cats.. Woopty Do! She may say that is why she liked him but come on I’m not stupid, she loved him for his looks!

He had shoulder length brown hair that he had in a low ponytail, dreamy brown-yellow eyes, and seemed to always have a look upon his face that said ‘he knew something you didn’t’ all he did was lean over an art book… He reminded me of Jasper, caught up in art. Although I was not going to tell her my thoughts on Jasper, and like hell was I going to tell her Demon’s were not a good boyfriend choice. It was her life, her choice, I was not her mom, I was not her BFF, I was not to judge, and even I knew that. So Instead I put on a fake smile and nodded to what she was saying. I swear the girl was a walking, talking chipmunk!

Luckily I did not have to wait long because Mrs. Potts stood up straight and smiled blissfully at us. There were maybe 25 to 30 of us sitting on the beanbags. I watched intently as she closed her eyes and folded her long pale fingers together. The room was silent. Unlike in Mrs. Jillian’s class where it seamed there was no respect for the teacher, it seamed like there was high respect for our teacher in here. Of course it was obvious what Mrs. Potts’ was, she was an Elf, all the signs led to it! She was very tall, she had long silky hair, pale creamy skin, long sharp ears, and very defined cheek bones, not to mention her Elvin tattoo she had on her wrist.

All Elves have Tattoos like most magical creatures there is a symbol to show what they were, on their body. It is to help us be able to locate our kind; most are birthmarks, although some appear when you change types or come as a rite of passage.

Witches have a line of freckles on the inside of their elbow that if lined together would make a pentagram.

Weres have a full moon mark made after their first shift, on their left ankle. Shifters have a crescent moon birthmark on their right ankle.

Angels and Fallens have their wings their back.

faeries have a type of wing on their back too, it does not look anything like the angels wings though, it is more glittery, lighter, made out of bands, as if it is made out of magic itself, above the set of wings that the faerie has there is a crest or symbol that appears, it will bear your family crest, or the person who created you’s crest.

Demons have their Tattoos appear all over their body depending on how powerful they are, most of the time the Tattoos are very small and very colorful and eccentric, they are even said to move and change with how the demon is feeling…

I have never seen a Demon’s Tattoos, most don’t, demons like to keep the upper hand and hide their tattoos which they can make invisible…

The tattoo’s are visible only to that Demon and other Demons.

Made Vampires will always have the puncture wound scars on their neck or where ever they were last bitten. Born Vampires have two very small moles on their neck to symbolize what they are. Elves have no born birth indicator, like a lot of fey.

So it is custom as a rite of passage to get the Elvin Tattoo, which is a small gold band around their wrist. Depending on their type they could either have an Ivy vine which represents earth abilities, a lick of fire which represents fire abilities, a stream of water which represents water abilities, a twist of clouds which represents air abilities, or a silver band to represent other lesser known abilities to wrap around the gold band.

The bands themselves are magical and infused with the element itself. Getting the wrong Tattoo or getting it before your right time could cost you your life. No one other then the elves know how it is exactly done, they are forbidden when they get the tattoo to ever tell any outsider about the process, so much is still unknown. The tattoos grow with your abilities, your powers, and your position in power.

Mrs. Potts’ Tattoo was an ivy vine, which meant she was an earth Elf. Which since she was teaching herbology it made perfect since. Her Tattoo had at least five leaves on it, making her pretty powerful or important, either way that demanded respect.

Most of the people in my class this hour were Fae; Elves, Pixies, Faeries, Elementals, heck I even think I could spot a Goblin or two among the class. Most people just count all of them as Fae, and never really notice the small differences between them.

I can’t understand how someone could mix any of them up, they are totally different! Of course most humans think Elves are tiny guys that work at Santa’s workshop, not the tall billowing people they are.

The only book I have really come by that gives Elves any justice is the Lord of the Ring’s books! I mean, okay so maybe they got something right with the whole Tinkerbell thing, Pixies when they are not in their glamour do look a lot like Tinkerbell, except the wings are more of a dragonfly, they have four small wings on their back, and only the Queen Pixie exerts gold pixy dust! The others exert Pixy dust depending on their element colors. Yah, Pixies control elements, but not in the same way as Elementals, although it is believed that Elementals are a break off of the Pixy line- but that’s a whole another ball game!

Pixies still are very small and petite when they are in their glamour. Elementals are thought to be the decedents of an Elf and Pixy mix, they are tall and willowy yet they control elements, they often have wild hair colors that are not normal.

Faeries is a broad name like Fae and happens to cover hundreds of different types, but are easily identified as Faeries. Goblins are small thick and green, they are best represented in Holly Black’s book Valiant, because when they use their glamour they have frog like eyes that do not change... unless they wear color contacts. Mrs. Potts’ beginning class interrupted my thoughts.

“Welcome, My Children, I am Mrs. Potts’ but I would prefer if you greeted me like a kindred spirit, with my first name Melanie! I will nurture you all, show you how to harness your natural nature abilities, and show you how to use your powers to help the world we all live in and share!” she smiled dreamily pulling her hands out in front of her and binging them in, in a self hug…. Yep, she was positively a hippie- or maybe this was how Elves always acted? I was not to sure on which it was, but I did not get time to think about it because she started speaking again.

“Each of you have the potential to bloom into something great! This year I will teach you many things, each of you will get into a group of three, this year’s main project will be making your own garden! You will pick the biome you want to grow in, as well as one of the lists on the wall in the biome for what you must grow! We will work on our gardens once a week for class, you will need to make time to work on it yourselves in free periods or after school. Other days I will teach you all about herbs, what ones to use in the wilderness, what ones to avoid, how to find, gather, store, and use herbs to their best abilities. My goal is that by the end of the year you guys will all know the importance of herbology in your life and in the world! Now please pick your groups, and tell me once you pick, so that I can write it down!” Mrs. Potts chirped.

I hated picking partners; it made me sick to my stomach. I hated it so much; I was always picked last for groups. The number one human fear is not of clowns, or the dark, but of rejection, go figure. I hated being rejected, it sucks, that feeling, that embarrassment of not being wanted.
I closed my eyes and breathed slowly, trying to blush, or cry as I waited for everyone to pick a partner yet again and leave me to be placed in a group that did not want me there.
I was shocked though as I felt an arm hook through one of mine. I opened my eyes looking suspiciously at Tundry who had a smile on her doll like face. I nodded my head at her silent invitation.

At my nod her face lit up in excitement. She jumped up from the beanbag chair and somehow unbeknown to me, was able to rip me up too, with a surprising amount of strength.

I walked awkwardly with her as she skipped, across the room. My feet shuffled on the floor as I tried to keep up with her childlike saunter. Her rings of red hair bounced on her head with every skip. I tried unsuccessfully to get my arm out of hers, as she dragged me along.

She was quiet as she walked behind a boy with dark green hair, an Elemental I presume. When she was a few feet behind him she dropped my arm and jumped onto his back, grabbing a hold of his neck with her little arms. She held onto him like a monkey piggyback style. It was a sight to behold her child like body holding onto his tall one, he was at least six feet six inches tall how she even made the jump was shocking enough, not to mention his behavior after she jumped on his back.

“Hi, to you too Tundry! How is the Princess doing today?” he asked with a laugh, readjusting her on his back so she would not fall off.

“GREAT! I made a new friend today Mercrutio!” She giggled. Mercrutio turned around and gave me a once over look. He had sea glass green eyes and dark green hair, he was wearing a button up white shirt that had the long sleeves rolled up to his elbows, he was wearing a pair of long light wash jeans.

“I…. See.. A friend, you say.. or do you mean pet?” he laughed joking lightly to the girl. Tundry apparently did not like the way he said that, for she jumped off his back and stood in front of him, a small pout was visible on her little lips. “Mercrutio! You know I don’t like it when you call people pets! Just because I take interest in them does not mean they are pets! Ugg… you are so frustrating! I don’t think I could ever forgive you for such hurtful comments!” she pouted jokingly, throwing her arms up into the air to prove her point.

“OH, Princess however will you forgive me! Must I beg on my hands and knees?!” He laughed dropping to his knees, even so he was still taller then her.

“Well… when you put it that way… I guess I could forgive you if you will become Emmy’s and I’s partner!”

“Oh yes! As you wish!” he laughed standing up. A firm smile on his face.
“I guess we had better go tell Mrs. Potts that we picked our group." Mercrutio said planly as he walked over to Mrs. Potts'

Mrs. Potts’ smiled at me as we walked over; most of the groups had already started and were in their biomes so we were pretty much the only group still in the room.
“How is everyone today?” she stated smiling happily us.

“I’m great, how are you?” Mercrutio asked sighing a bit as if bored.
“Great, but I’m a little disappointed in your group, choice though.” Mrs. Potts stated shaking her head sadly.

“Why?” I asked giving her an annoyed look.

“Oh little girl the point of this assignment is to test you! With a team of your type, it wont be as much as, a notch in your schedule!” She mused laughing in my face.

“Why do you say that?” I asked respectfully, I could tell she wanted to continue.

“Well, your team is Tundry, and Mercrucio! Not to mention you!” she said laughing.

I understood how Mercrucio added in, being an elemental. Tundry, I was not yet sure on.
“Oh, I understand why we are important…. But her?” Mercrutio stated rolling his eyes at her. I watched as anger erupted on Mrs. Potts’ face. Her lips curled into a scrawl, as her hand reached up and smacked Mercrutio upside the head. My eyes bulged at watching this, it was not a hard smack, or across the face, but it still took us all by surprise.

“WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!” Mercrutio growled shooting daggers at her.

“You will not disrespect other students in my class! Especially not a Badica!” Mrs. Potts’ growled giving him a dirty look. I was shocked; I did not know she knew my family.
Mercrutio’s eyes widened at my last name. He closed her eyes, clinching his teeth together before breathing out a desperate sorry.

“How do you know my family?” I asked confused.

“I was poisoned once, by an arrow shot from the dark Elves. I was near your house and had heard of your mother’s abilities. She saved my life, and to that I owe her my life. Your mother is amazing at what she does. I have no doubt it is that Elf blood that runs through her, that makes her such a natural.” Mrs. Potts’ smiled fondly at me patting the top of my head.

My head was swimming with confusion, my mother had never said anything about elves. “You must be mistaken! I’m a Witch! Not an Elf!” I murmured annoyed.

“No of course not, the blood has weakened far to much to really make you classified as an Elf, but the trademarks are still there, your clear pale face, and cheekbones, are mainly all that is left of the bloodline in physical self, but it is clear because you took this class that you are able to tap into your Elf bloodline! I mean look at your mother, she is a third Elf! Her father was half Elf, half human, and her mother was a full blood Oracle Witch. That is why she is amazing at her healing and herbs! It’s a pity she never told you though – OH GOSH LOOK AT THE TIME! Enough Chitchat! You must get to work!” Mrs. Potts stated frazzled.

I walked quietly with my group. I was not paying attention to their idle chitchat though. I was far to lost in what Mrs. Potts had said, to care where we picked, or what we list we picked. I wanted to be alone to think things over, I was way over my head and sinking fast. All these over friendly people, names, information I knew about them, information they knew about me, was pulling me under like quicksand. I was on a mental overload, and wanted nothing but to sink into my isolated shell of an existence.

Which led me to nodding and agreeing to all Tundry, and Mercrutio said, then getting started. It felt good digging into the rich, black earthy soil. It felt familiar and calming in this sea of unfamiliar. I felt relieved as I sprinkled the Rosemary seeds into the little holes I had dug into the earth, then covering them with a blanket of warm soil, before continuing onto the next plant. I was so wrapped up into my work. I was done planting before the rest of my group and allowed to leave early, and that immensely relieved me.

The moment I stepped around the corner, and out of sight, I broke out into a run, zigzagging around the long stone hallways, only slowing down at the sight of another student or teacher. My running came to a skidding stop near a door labeled ‘EXIT’ In red bolded all capitalized letters. It seamed like Hecate had just dropped this door out of the heavens just for me! Scanning the hallway quickly to make sure no one was coming, I whipped open the door and walked outside.

I was quickly saddened by the view I was given though instead of being an escape it was just a small ally between one hallway and another part of the school. The other end of the ally ended in a barbed wire fence, some exit, it was more like a prison.

But I wasn’t one to complain. I pushed my body against the wall and tried to calm my fast beating heart and stinging eyes, my breath came out raspy, and fast, if I wasn’t in panic mode I would have been amused at my so-called panic attack! I scratched my neck attempting to grab the key hanging from it. Sliding down the wall I landed rather hard on my butt. I brought my knees up and placed my head between them trying to calm myself down. Both my eyes were closed tight in a silent prayer, the key tightly grasped in my hands. I concentrated my heart, soul, and mind into my prayers, and my breaths, willing my self to calm down.

“God, kid you don’t look so good! You aren’t going to get sick are you? I hate it when people do that!” Rang out a male voice that shocked me into jumping up and falling rather clumsily onto the gravel made ally ground, I had tripped on the edge of my cloak with my stupid heel. My eyes teared over, I was so weak, and stupid.

“Oh god, your bleeding now….” Rang out the voice, as I felt an arm secure around my own and pull me up to face the man. I was mildly surprised to see it was the boy Jasper was talking to earlier, Fredrick- I think was his name.

“Let me see,” he whispered trying to pull my hands toward him. I ripped them away from him and backed into the wall trying to get away from him.

He was a Vampire, I was bleeding, we were all alone, and he was blocking the only exit. A look of annoyance shifted across his face.

“Oh great another one!” he growled giving me a dirty look. “God, you people are all so judgmental and such hypocrites! ‘Oh it’s a Vampire! Lets go Buffy on his ass, or even better OMG he’s a Vampire I bet he is just like Edward! Lets make some creepy ass fan club!’ Aw hell no, you don’t see me asking you where your broomstick is! I’m not wearing a freaking cape, and I don’t sparkle! The moment I see blood doesn’t mean I’m going to try and eat you! I have more class than that, so get over here so I can get the gravel out of your hands before it gets infected!” he growled pulling out a handkerchief from his pocket, not waiting form my answer he walked over to me and grabbed my hands and began to take the little pieces of gravel out and applying pressure to stop the bleeding.

“Why were you following me Fredrick?” I asked annoyed.

“Don’t flatter yourself, I prefer Ghost blood, I’m happy with Monique, and since when has it been illegal to smoke a cigarette?” he asked annoyed removing his hand from mine.

“If you dislike me, why did you help me?” I asked confused.

“It’s not that I don’t like you Emmy you seem like a nice girl and all, but I prefer to keep company with people my age. I have great grandchildren your age.” He smirked.

“Why are you here and not them, then?” I asked giving him a look.

“Monique, my new lover, wanted to come so I came too, plus my great-grandchildren are mostly human, all 17 of them in fact.”

“17?!” I asked shocked. “You mortals age quickly, so, I move on quite a lot. Not that it’s any of your business.” He stated sounding bored, as he pulled out a pack and lit up.
“Does Monique know she is the same age as your great-grand-kids?” I asked amused.

“Actually, Emmy, she does, in fact, she is less than half my age, and her amount of lovers far surmounts mine, as well as amount of descendants.” He stated inhaling that toxic smoke.

“You both are okay with that?” I asked confused.

“Yes, as long as we are interested in each other we will stay together, or else move on to other lovers.” He stated taking a drag of his cigarette.

“So your not in love?” I asked confused.

“I was once, and so was Monique, both with someone else, it ended badly for both of us. I don’t believe that love is something you can truly share with more than one person in your life. Now company, and pleasure is another thing all together, do I love her? No, do I care for her? Yes, don’t be shocked child, she would say the same if you asked her. That’s why you must be careful child before you give away your love, you can only give it once, purely and true, after that it becomes cheap like sex.” He stated plainly showing no emotion what so ever.

“I’m Leaving…” I stated a bit creeped out by his statements.

“Good, the bell is about to ring anyways.” He stated dropping and stomping out his cigarette, as the bell rang in the background.

“How did you-?” I stated baffled.

“I have a wrist watch....Hurry or we will be late to French.” He stated walking back into the school, holding the door open for me as we reentered the building.

The hallways were filled as we entered them, some people gave us weird looks as we walked back into the hall. I promptly ignored them and stopped talking to Fredrick as we got mixed into the crowd. I followed Fredrick through the crowd a few paces behind him.

As we entered French I saw Fredrick walk up and sit next to Monique, leaving me to find a seat by myself in the back of the class. I placed my bag in the seat next to me, pulling out ‘Impulse’ I took a scan of the room, It was quieter in this room then the hallway, Classical music was playing from a small CD player on our teachers desk, the teacher himself had balding brown hair, and brown eyes hidden behind big circular glasses he had on a pair of trousers, a sweater vest and a big red bow tie, his name was printed on the board in curly white chalk letters.

‘Monsieur Sedgwick’

Taking that in I propped my feet on the other hair, after moving my bag to the desk, I buried my face into my book and began to read.

“Vous devez déplacer vos grands pieds!” - You need to move your big feet! - A boy in front of me growled. I could see his red hair over the top of my book. So smugly I had to answer back.

“Qui êtes-vous pour me dire ce qui à faire?” - Who are you to tell me what to do? - I stated rolling my eyes annoyed.

“Améliorez encore, qui sont vous pour me dire le non, petite fille de sorcière?” - Better yet, who are you to tell me no, little witch girl? - He growled at me, the way he said that sent shivers down my spine. He sounded just like- Oh Fuck no, anything but that!

Slowly but surly I lowered my book from in front of my face. Only to freeze, because, leaning over my desk, inches away from my face, was the red headed French-Pedo-Vampire in the flesh! He was just standing there smirking, for some reason I did not think he knew it was me. It took me a
moment to catch my breath before my world came crashing down harder then the Titanic.

“Wow, Little Witch actually lived to be this age! I thought a group of angry villagers would have picked you off by now! Oh but don’t worry, I have all year to change that now don’t I?” he smirked whispering in my ear. I felt a chill enter my body causing me to shiver.
“Yes, good little girl be-very afraid!” he purred into my ear. I was frozen in my seat as he brushed his fangs against my neck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Character of the Chapter:

Image

Congrats' Angie!

This picture is the best one I can find of her, notice the boots :)