Gynophobia.

Therapy is a waste.

My father tried to scold me when we had gotten home. My mother was in the kitchen at the time nursing her head. She wasn’t allowed to sleep for a while. My father couldn’t really speak to me though because I never said a word. He told me I had to go to therapy. He said if I wasn’t going to talk to him I had to talk to them. I had to see the therapist tomorrow after school. I made a sandwich for lunch tomorrow then went to bed early.

When I woke up I took a shower making sure to wash my hair. It felt like my only alone time that I would ever have anymore. I didn’t glance in the mirror as I brushed my teeth and got dressed. When I went into the living room there was money on the table for the therapy session and directions on how to get there. I grabbed my bagged lunch then headed to my bus stop. It was cold and it actually was inviting for once. It made me seem like just another light pole that lined the street of this town. Invisible until someone hit into it. But even then it would be replaced like nothing happened.

“Are you getting on or what?” My bus driver said making the people behind him laugh at my spaced out stature. I stepped onto the bus and took the first seat I saw without a woman. This time it wasn’t Taylor and I felt off put. When I was in class I didn’t see him as well. I always noted him when he was here. He was the loudest person in there at all times. For once it was almost completely quiet.

I expected to see him sometime during the day but I didn’t. I even stopped by the nurse’s office to see if he was there but of course he was not.

“Haven’t seen you in days boy, how are you doing?” The male nurse said. He was looking very happy today.

“I don’t imagine you will answer my question but I am doing just chipper. I am going to be a proud father in a couple of months to a glorious baby boy. Isn’t that exciting?” He said then took a great bite out of his sandwich. I nodded slightly. He beckoned me to walk inside. I did so and sat in my old usual seat.

“I suspect you came here to see the whereabouts of young Taylor. He got a stomachache and couldn’t come in today. His father called in for him earlier. I knew you two would make great friends.” He said smiling more. I didn’t show any response this time and instead just ate my food.

After school I took the bus to the building where I was to go to therapy now on. I showed them my note that my father wrote then relaxed. A man that was rugged and a bit hefty called me in. He wore glasses and looked like a very serious person. He led me to a very comfortable room and I sat down on a couch that I practically sank into.

“So tell me why you are here, I got the major part from your father last night but I want to know your point of view.” He said already sitting with a notepad and pen. I took out some homework I had to do and started on it. This was going to do nothing. My father was wasting time and money on me being here.

He tried to ask me some more questions but I would not answer to him. The session was for an hour as well. Sometime between the time I was in there the door opened. I looked up and was surprised to see Taylor.

“Dad, I don’t-” He said then saw I was in the room.

“Hi Nathan.” He said waving to me a bit awkwardly. His father was glaring at him.

“You know you are supposed to knock when the door is closed.” He said. The two of them together looked nothing alike. His father had dark red hair while Taylor’s was blonde with a bit of brown. He had his fathers eyes though. They looked only connected in that way.

Taylor knocked on the door then smiled at me.

“I’m gonna tell you he’s not going to talk, but my mother is getting me now.” He said then left. After Taylor left his father looked at me.

“You go to the same school as him?” He asked. I nodded my head then continued my work. When the session was over he bid me goodbye and said he would see me on Friday. I sighed and went home to the awkwardness that now enveloped the house because I had pushed my mother.

“Eat then go to your room.” My father said once I had entered the house. I had no objections with that. That meant less people to see and more time for studies and sleep. Maybe pushing her was a good idea but in the pit of my stomach I knew something was yet to be wrought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wrote this in school.

=]