Gynophobia.

Maybe I'm wrong.

When we had gotten home Nathan was in the bathroom the second the door opened. He hardly had time to drop off his bag. He hadn't spoken since he had told me to say thank you to Mary. I didn't understand why he would touch her if he was freaking out. Maybe just an instinct. A need to protect someone. Maybe he felt what I felt when I had grabbed onto the gurney.

"I wonder what he's doing." I said to Dayton. Dayton was my brother. He never really liked his name but he said he was never going to change it. His mother had picked it just for him.

"Who knows, probably cleaning up." He said looking through the refrigerator. I sat at the breakfast bar looking at him muddled.

"Cleaning up?" I asked. He looked at me like I was stupid.

"Washing himself and thinking things over. He's scared of woman. Just because he protected her doesn't mean he really could take it. Remember what gynophobia means. An extreme fear of woman. Doesn't matter at what age they are." He said getting out onions and peppers. He came over every once in a while to cook when my mom was going to be working late.

"I guess." I said looking at my hands. I didn't really get it but I felt that if I got his real reason for fear I could fear for him. That I would try to be with him all the time and keep him safe.

"So how is Nathan holding up here?" My brother asked. I shrugged my shoulders. I didn't really know how he was doing. He said he liked my mothers food so that was good. He said that he wanted to sleep on the floor and not the bed. But I bet he was hurting in the morning from it. Tonight I was going to make him switch with me.

"So you still like that girl from lunch?" He asked as he chopped up the onions. I just nodded my head looking more at my hands then ever. I still didn't have the gusto to tell my brother that I lied about that girl. I wasn't brave enough to tell anyone that I actually didn't like any kind of girls.

"Yeah she is alright. But I'm liking someone else though." I said not entirely lying. I did like someone but more as a friend. But my brother was sure to think of it as I liked the person more then that. He just nodded and kept cooking. My brother was just about done cooking the strips of beef when Nathan walked back downstairs. His skin looked raw and red.

That's what my brother had meant by cleaning up. I tried not to look like I wasn't looking at his skin but I couldn't help it. He had scrubbed himself sore.

"Dinner is almost done. I hope you like the food I cook." Dayton said with a smile. He was always smiling. It was a bad time when he wasn't smiling. Nathan sat down at the breakfast bar with me. It looked like he was hurting to even be sitting down.

"You should just lay down and relax for a while. You had a long day." I said. He did look tired. He got back up and went in the livingroom. I looked after him for a while before turning back to the kitchen.

What was going to happen here?
♠ ♠ ♠
Soo tireeedddddddddddd.