Gynophobia.

Learning new things.

I was dead tired in the morning. I didn't even have the strength to eat in the morning. Taylor looked about the same way. We trudged to the bus stop and got on groggy. This was the second day Taylor was tired so he must have felt dead. It didn't even seem that he had the vigor to talk to his friends.

"Still had nightmares?" I whispered to him.

"Yeah, nightmares." He said walking ahead of me by alot. I caught up to his heels and kept at them. He told me he had to talk to one of his friends and that he would see me in class. I went to my locker and started to get my stuff out. When I shut my locker door I jumped back a foot when I saw the Mary girl.

"Hi Nathan, I'm sorry I scared you. I just wanted to give you a real thank you so made these last night." She said trying to hand over a plate full of brownies. I looked at them for a while before reaching my hands out. She placed the plate in my hand and smiled.

"You don't have to return the plate, it's just plastic. Just recycle it or something." She said moving her hair behind her ear. I nodded a little and opened my locker again placing the plate on the stack of books I had in there.

"You don't have to worry about me trying to go out with you or anything dear. I don't really like guys that way." She said in a lower voice with a smile before she left. I was a little confused about what she was exactly talking about. I went to class sitting next to Taylor. I leaned near him and whispered.

"What does, I don't really like guys that way mean?" I asked. Taylor looked at me so fast I thought he got whiplash.
"Who said that?" He asked.

"That Mary girl." He just kept looking at me and moved back in his seat. I took that as a sign we would talk about it later. After class he pulled me aside.

"At lunch I'm coming to the nurses office. I'll tell you then." He said then went to his next class. I didn't really care when he would tell me, I just wanted to know out of curiosity. When I headed to the next class I spotted Mary in the hall. She waved at me and I put my head down. When lunch came I was in the nurses office before Taylor was there.

The nurse was there looking over a girl who looked like she was going to puke all over the place. I took a seat away from her and opened up the brownies that she had given me. On the brownie was a smiley face made out of candycane bits. It was very nice. I wanted Taylor to eat it first though. Just to make sure.

When Taylor walked in he had on a serious face. He took the first seat he saw and pulled it over to me.

"So Mary said that to you?" He said. I nodded my head and he swiped his hand across his face.

"She was telling you she doesn't really like men in the dating sort of way. She doesn't really fancy men at all." He said in a tiny voice. I tilted my head a bit.

"Mary's a lesbian." He said in a lower voice. A lesbian. I didn't really understand what he meant. I think it was written all over my face.

"She wants to date and do other things with girls. She isn't interested in men." I looked at him for a long time.

"She has sex with woman." I said. He looked taken aback by me.

"Women can't have sex together. They don't have a penis." I said. He was very quiet. I think he was trying to think of what to say to me.

"Women can have sex together. It's just different. Same as men, sex is similar to sex between a man and a woman but since men don't have the same sex organs they substitute with other parts of the body." The Nurse said now that the girl was gone.

"Dayton." Taylor said giving Nurse a glare. I guess his name was Dayton. The Day part in his name suited him well.

"He means like one of the other men putting the others penis in their mouth right?" I said to Taylor pulling him to look back at me.

"Yes, something like that." He said with a bit of a bite in his voice.

"They have alot of other ways the same as women. They have particular items which they can use to satisfy themselves but I can't legally tell you about it in school nor would Taylor like it, it seems." Dayton the nurse said. I nodded my head and handed Taylor a brownie. He looked at it weird but took it.

"Mary gave it to me." I said. I could tell he wanted to tell me I was being ridiculous. But I just couldn't. He took a bite and ate it easily. I grabbed one and ate it. It was good. It was the perfect balance between hard and chewy.

"Very nice." Taylor said. I nodded in argeement. Dayton took one and tried it. He smiled and sat down. It was sort of nice to be surrounded by the two of them. Even if it was just for a little while.
♠ ♠ ♠
Medium is the shit. ^^