Gynophobia.

Two days.

“Taylor told you what?” I said grinding my teeth. I was at a conference with Dayton. We had two days until my court date. The had called me out suddenly. I wasn’t supposed to be seeing anyone today. When I got there and saw Dayton the scowl had come over my face quickly. I wasn’t going to talk to him before he said that Taylor had told him something dire. That was what caught my attention.

“He told me more about your mother.” He said not moving his eyes from me.

“Like what?” I said. I could feel in the pit of my stomach that I already knew what he found out.

“I don’t want to tell. It’s a secret.” He said now smiling a little. It was slightly mocking. He was mocking me that he had found out. Not mocking me for what had happened to me. But all the same I was angry. I slammed the phone back on the wall and got up. I yanked my arm away from the guard and went on my way.

I went to my cell and saw that Lance was gone. I laid on my bed and stared up. Unlike other inmates I didn’t have naked pictures of woman stuck between the wire. I just had the bars to look at. I put my arms under my head and just stared. I was trying to think of how much Taylor could have told him.

What could that do for me in court? It might show that I was abused and classified as a nutcase faster. At least the case would be open and closed quickly that way. I would still just go to jail for a number of years. I already planned on it. I already had a nice, well, slightly nice roommate. There was only one time I had to get a bit rough with him.

He was feeling like most men in jail. Lonely. He tried to climb in bed with me and he wound up with a shank against his neck. Lance didn’t try it again.

Lance had two kids. One was Annemarie. She was around my age. Then he had a young son, he was in his twenties. Lance was in for possession. He only had three more years left. But he was being good so he was probably going to get out earlier.

“What happened to you?” I asked as he walked in. He was looking strung out on something and he wasn’t walking straight. He looked at me tired then climbed up slowly. I shook my head and turned over.

I had two days until staying here was final.