My Arranged Marriage to a Normal, Up Himself Prince

Kind Hearts

Something odd caught my eye. Dain was standing alone in a corner.
That was definitely strange. He was all for people. I noticed where he was looking, in the direction of Steel and the chick he was walking with.
I was debating with myself on whether or not I should walk up to him. As if he was psychic he looked up to see me. For a minute I saw his eyes what they were really like. Hurt and destroyed, then his face shifted to one of pure hatred as he staired at me.
I looked back into his eyes but I didn’t express any hatred. I tried saying ‘sorry’. This made him just glare harder. Then he turned and walked out of the hall.
I decided it was probably smarter not to follow him. Then again I didn’t always have the best ideas, so I put down my strange expensive looking roll and took a plate. I piled it high with all the things that looked appealing and got extra of this really nice sweet stuff. Then I went to the bar area and got some soda. Then I followed in the direction he had walked.

I walked out of the hall, I turned to the right and noticed the balcony door was still slightly open. I took a guess and walked out there. I was right as Dain was standing, leaning against the balcony and looking out at the gorgeous view.
“Why do you hate me so much?” I asked walking closer. “None of this is my fault, and though I want to I know I can’t blame it on you either” he was still silent. I put the plate on the table and the soda can. He turned slightly to see.
“I figured you probably don’t want to go back in there anytime soon…” I turned to walk back.
“Why?” I stopped
“Why what?”
“Why do you bother? Why do you care if I’m hungry or not? Why do you even care how I feel? Most people would just ignore me, heck, if you were me right now, I would probably ignore you”
“I guess I just do, and I guess because it’s you” He looked up at that, confused. I tried to explain. “I know how I feel. I’m guessing what you feel isn’t that much different. I saw you staring after the two of them, I’m just thinking what I would want after a heart break…” That was the longshot. I was guessing.
“What? Food and Soda?”
“No, peace and quiet” I turned and walked off. I didn’t turn back to the ball room, maybe Louise would think Dain and I were off together and wouldn’t come around to check. I went upto my room and got out of the dress. I put it in the walk in wardrobe on it’s hanger. I decided it was a good time to get in the shower and get out of the strapless gold bra and matching lacy gold underwear I was wearing. I put my heals on the rack and then grabbed an old t-shirt. I was looking for my other pyjamma bottoms but I couldn’t find them. I gave up and just grabbed an old looking baggy shirt of Dain’s that went down to my knees. I walked out of the wardrobe just as I heard a door close. I saw Dain look up.