My Arranged Marriage to a Normal, Up Himself Prince

The Balcony

The Balcony, Dain's POV

XXXSTORYXXX

There they were. Steel and Marissa, my once favourite brother and the girl I had loved. Together.
You know that feeling, the one you get when your heart is ripped up into a million pieces? The one where you feel like there is no hope of you living again?
That’s how I felt right now. I stood away from everyone else, they didn’t come to bother me probably because they didn’t notice me, or just didn’t care.
When Marisa left me the only one that was trully there for me was Jason, my other friends, tried to support me but they didn’t really know how to I guess so they left it to Jase. My parents couldn’t care less and Stephan, the poor guy was too young to understand what was really going on.
But even Jason didn’t see me now, I was invisible. I looked straight at them. Steel standing over Marisa protectively, him holding her tight. Everyone here knew the story, they were surprised at what Steel did, but then his good looks and charm still had the same effect as always. Though father had banished him from the throne, Steel still came to all these balls and made his trips to Malta.
That made me first in line for the throne.
Then I felt something strange come over me. As though someone was looking at me, as though they actually noticed how I was and cared enough to keep looking. I turned up.
Out of all the people it had to be her. He beautiful hazel eyes stared back at me. She hadn’t realised but her mouth tipped up in a small reasuring smile.
I wanted to break down right there, I wanted to go to her and have her tell me it was okay, all in her sweet voice.
That’s when I realised what I had just thought and my eyes hardened at her. I hated her, I hated her so much. She was ruining my life.
The worst part was that her caring look did not even waver. It was like she was saying to me I’m sorry. I glared harder and I turned and walked out of the hall. Why did it have to be her that noticed me? Why?

I opened the hall doors and turned. Where could I go? The balcony was on my right and I opened the sliding door. I pushed it back carelessly and went to stare into the starry night.
My heart still felt ripped open.
I heard the noise of the sliding door.
Please God not her…don’t let it be her…
“Why do you hate me so much?” she asked, walking closer to me“None of this is my fault, and though I want to I know I can’t blame it on you either” I stayed silent. She was right though. Why did she have to be right.
I heard a sound, like something being placed on a table. I turned to see. It was some food and soda. All my favourite foods actually.
“I figured you probably don’t want to go back in there anytime soon…” She turned to walk back. Why would she bother? Why did she care?
“Why?” I asked and she stopped.
“Why what?”
“Why do you bother? Why do you care if I’m hungry or not? Why do you even care how I feel? Most people would just ignore me, heck, if you were me right now, I would probably ignore you”
“I guess I just do, and I guess because it’s you” I looked at her confused. Me? It had been way too long since anyone had thought of me, I wasn’t buying it.
“I know how I feel. I’m guessing what you feel isn’t that much different. I saw you staring after the two of them, I’m just thinking what I would want after a heart break…” I knew no one had told her about me and Marisa. She must have guessed.
“What? Food and Soda?” I asked sarcastically.
“No, peace and quiet” And she left.
The worst part was that she was right. She was completely right.