My Arranged Marriage to a Normal, Up Himself Prince

Don't Underestimate Me

“So um, Louise”
“Yes dear?”
“Tomorrow is Monday, does that mean I’m going to school”
“Oh yes, we have to go shopping and get some stuff for you. Dain’s friends are coming over so you can go play with them or you can come with me”
“Is it alright if I stay behind?”
“Of course dear, I’ll send Jonathan out to get them, he’s our driver”
“Thankyou Louise” I finished eating and went up to my room. I wasn’t really planning on spending my day with Dain and his friends. It was just such a nice day I didn’t want to waste it shopping. I grabbed the book I had been reading and went out to the balcony which actually happened to have a ladder going to the ground. I pulled my leg over the balcony wall. I wasn’t sure how strong the ladder was but I didn’t care. I went down slowly, making sure not to put too much pressure on the old wood. I reached the gravel with a bump and started walking in no direction in particular. I was at a really good part in my book. The girl had just found the missing box that had all her grandmother’s documents in. But the crazy guy was still after her but she wasn’t scared because her boyfriend was this bodybuilder guy who could kick a guys as in three seconds flat. One second to catch him, one second to punch him and one more second to make sure he was knocked out.
I laughed at something funny and looked up and slammed into a brick wall. I heard hoots of laughter from behind me. I picked myself up and turned around. Dain’s friends were in the basketball court. There were probably about ten or twelve of them, half of them were shirtless bouncing a basketball.
I had enjoyed basketball back in the day, then my mother had made me drop that to take up ballroom dancing, I guess ballroom dancing I enjoyed more but I wished I could of dropped something else.
“What’s so funny?!” I asked
“You just smacked into a wall!” one of them said.
“Give her a break guys” Jace walked out of the court coming up to me. “You okay Luce?”
“Yeah, probably just a bruise”
“Come sit down for a bit, you are such a blonde” Jace said shaking his head.
“You do realise you are a blonde Jason” he grinned and made me sit down on the side of the court.
“You sure you’re okay?”
“Yeah go play” I turned back to my book as Jason went to play with the guys.
“What Jase? You not going to bring your girlfriend to play?”
“She’s not my girlfriend guys, she’s-”
“Jase’s cousin” Dain finished. I hadn’t seen him, he was on the shirtless team and god did he have a very nice body. It was tan and a bit sweaty but still drop dead sexy. I forgot that he didn’t want anyone from school to know I was getting married to him. I assumed half of them hadn’t been there on my first day.
“R-right” Jase said faultering ever so slightly.
“Whatever, is she coming?”
“I don’t think so” Dain said grabbing the ball. I rolled my eyes at him (though he didn’t see) and they continued playing.
I looked up again, caught by the way Dain’s body moved with him, his muscles working. His arms catching the ball strongly, then pushing it away with immaculate perfection. Then he would score a goal he would leap high and the ball would never miss.
“I know, I have that effect on girls” he said, catching me looking at him. Oh Crap Oh Crap. Then I snorted.
“Please, I was watching you play. You play like a girl by the way” he glared
“You would know, bet you cant even catch a ball” He then threw the ball straight at me with such speed and force, it was aiming for my head and I could see he was wanting it to hit me. It was so fast that no one could have intercepted it.
They didn’t need to.
My eyes looked down to take in my page number, I dropped the book and my head turned up and I caught the ball, barely and inch infront of the tip of my nose. I looked up at Dain who seemed slightly surprised. Then I turned to the basketball hoop. Still sitting down I threw the ball. It landed in the hoop with a perfect swish. It was quiet, only the sound of the ball bouncing. I got up and opened my book to the page I had before. I turned to go out of the basketball court and continued my walk.