Tear Up the Sky With You

Chapter One.

She sat idly on the trampoline in her backyard. Sweat glistened on her toes as she attempted to even out the tan on her feet with the rest of her legs. The sky was a clear blue above her and the sun shone down with great intensity. She looked up at the bottle brush and gum trees above her and marvelled at their beauty. The Australian flora and fauna had always fascinated her. It was so different from that found in the rest of the world. She was very proud to call Australia home.

From inside Annamae heard the telephone ring. She sat, hoping that someone would answer it, saving her from getting up. After five rings she realised it was up to her and hoisted herself up lazily. She rushed across the backyard and inside the door to the kitchen, where she picked the cordless phone up from the receiver.

"Hello?" She said.

"Annamae, is that you?" A voice squealed into her ear. Annamae could tell instantly that it was her best friend, Gina.

"Hey Gina. What's up?"

"I GOT THE TICKETS!" She yelled excitedly.

"Oh." Annamae said not enthused.

"What do you mean 'oh', this is freaking awesome! Be excited!" Gina exclaimed.

Gina had been waiting for months to buy tickets to see the Jonas Brothers live in concert. It was her dream come true that they would finally be coming to Australia.

"Now you're not allowed to bail on me. Remember you promised you'd come with me?"

"Yes." Annamae replied grudgingly.

"WOOOOOOOH!" Gina yelled again.

"Save your energy for the concert, Gina. Talk to you later then?"

"Yeah, okay. WOOOOOOO-" Gina's voice was cut off as Annamae hung up the phone.

She returned to her spot outside on the trampoline and took a nice long nap in the sun.

Annamae liked the Jonas Brothers, sort of. She had never really been into the whole pop music scene. She preferred to listen to classical music, opera and to a lesser extent jazz. But she knew that bringing a bad attitude to the night would inevitably make it turn out bad. It was always her philosophy to begin anything and everything with positive thoughts.

She had to admit though, she was a little excited. She could already feel it would be a night full of amazing memories.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just the very beginning and the first thing I've written in many, many months. I hope it's okay :)