My Parents Adopted the Hot, Conceited, Hot, Jerk, Hot, Asshole of My School. Did I Mention He's Hot?!

The truth

The rest of the day went by slow. Jasper was in most of my classes and wouldn't leave me alone. Not even after Devin threatened to beat him up again. Jasper was so focused on getting to know why I was upset. I just ignored him. If I wasn't going to tell Natasha that Dean beat me then I wasn't going to tell Jasper.

Devin had apologized for what he said. I forgave him. He just wasn't thinking about what he was saying. Plus he was really mad that Jasper called me a slut. Even though I told Devin to stop acting like my brother I kind of like it. Nobody could take Danny's place but I like that he's protective of me. If I wanted to talk to anybody it would be Devin.

After school I went to the bathroom to try and cover up the bruises on my arm with make up before I went to practice. I know. Why didn't I do this before? Then I wouldn't have had to wear Dean's jacket all day. Sometimes I can be so stupid.

After I made sure no one was in the bathroom I took Dean's jacket off and took out my make up kit. I used my cover up on my bruises silently cursing Dean.

"Stupid fucker. I can't wait until after high school. Then I can break up with you." I mumbled still covering up my bruises.

"Juliana? Are you in here?" I heard Natasha ask as she opened up the bathroom door. I turned towards her surprised.

"Oh there you are! We were wondering where you..." Her voice trailed off as she looked at my arms which I realized were not covered up completely.

"Where I what?" I asked her pretending not to notice that she was looking at my arms.

"Juliana what happened to your arms?" She asked grabbing my arm so she could look at it. I flinched at her touch.

"Nothing." I told her trying to take my arm back but she wasn't giving in.

"Juls what aren't you telling me?"

"Nothing. I just fell down the stairs is all."

"Those are finger prints." She said.

"Me and my dad got in an argument last night and he accidentally grabbed my arm a little too hard." I lied again.

"The prints are too small to be your dad's fingers." She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Well maybe they faded over night."

"Dean did this didn't he?" She asked.

"No!" I said quickly.

"Danny was right. He told me but I just wouldn't listen." She said shaking her head looking like she was about to cry.

"Danny told you what?" I asked her.

"He told me Juls. He told me about Dean abusing you. He said that he caught Dean smacking you." She said.

"He was lying. Dean doesn't abuse me. He never has. If he would I would dump him."

"Danny told me this when he was in the hospital about to die. He didn't have a reason to lie. I'm so stupid! I should have known he wouldn't lie when he was about to die!" She yelled.

"It's not as bad as it seems." I whispered looking away from her. She took my face in her hands so I was looking at her.

"Honey it is as bad as it seems. Either you break up with him or I tell Devin." She said.

"Don't tell Devin." I said hurriedly. If Devin knew he would beat up Dean. Then Dean might not be able to play football and he would beat me for telling.

"Then break up with him."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Dean would beat me if I break up with him."

"Not if Devin is there to watch out for you."

"Do you know what everyone will think if I broke up with him? Head cheerleader and quarterback always go out. It's like a rule."

"People will understand if you tell them what he did."

"I don't want people to know."

"Sweetie I'm not giving in. I will tell Devin if you don't break up with Dean." Then she turned away and started walking towards the door. I grabbed her arm though.

"Wait." I said. She turned to face me and I let go of her arm.

"What?" She asked.

"Give me to the end of football season to break up with him." I begged.

"Two weeks."

"A month." I negotiated.

"Three weeks and if he hurts you before that break up with him then or I'm telling Devin." She said seriously.

"Fine. Three weeks. I'll break up with him in three weeks from today."

"And?" She asked.

"And if he hurts me before that I'll break up with him then." I promised. She smiled and gave me a hug.

"Good. Now hurry up. The girls are waiting to start practice." She said breaking away from the hug.

"Thanks Nats." I told her.

"For what?"

"For caring."

"girl you are my best friend. I will always care." She smiled before leaving me to finish covering up the bruises on my arms.