We're Only Young Once

The Bus? In Party Outfits? DO Be Serious.

I re-did my make which had smudged from me crying, and left the house to go to what school was left for the day. I set off and walked past Jake's road on the way. I automatically glanced down it, then stopped when I saw Jake standing in his front garden.

He stared at me with his mouth open slightly and I stared back. I bit my lip and started walking again when I felt more tears coming.

Jake's POV

I was standing in my garden, Seth already gone and I was about to follow him when I looked up at the end of my road.

Amber.

My mouth fell open as my focus zoomed in onto her, I felt my head spin and my heart beat fast. It got faster the more she looked at me, then she started walking off. My eyes followed her and my heart slowly went back to normal as she disappeared round the corner.

I felt the strongest instinct to follow but Seth called me. I tore my eyes away from the spot she stood at moments ago and ran into the woods.

Amber's POV [yes I just had to have that little bit in :P]

I arrive at school for lunch and headed to the cafeteria. My friends were already at the table, deep in discussion. I joined them and sighed loudly to show them I was here.

"Oh hey Amber we were just - OH AMBER!" I jumped at Leah's sudden outburst. "Did you speak to Jake or Seth last night?"

I nodded. "They're not coming in today. They can't say what's going on." The others nodded. I got my phone out under the table and texted Leah 'there's something else I need to tell you as well. Later <3' I heard her phone vibrate, she looked at it then to me, and nodded.

"So where are we getting ready for tonight?" Claire asked.

"Tonight?" I asked confused.

"Tom's party HELLO!" Sam said in a really gay voice.

"Oh yeah, your boyfriend." I smirked at him. He glared back and threw a french fry at me. I glared at him.

"Seriously though?" Claire said.

"Mine?" I shrugged.

"AMBER'S IT IS! Can we use your car?" Katie asked.

"Uhh..-"

"You don't want to. It will break down half way there and won't start again til the morning. You really need to get that thing fixed." Leah saved me. I nodded in thanks.

Truth was, my car wasn't broken. It was the opposite. It was pimped. Well, the engine was.
See with the whole 'half-vampire' thing, I have the super speed thing that the Cullens have, even though I'm a half-vamp and they're well, full-vamps. Because of this, Edward built my car so it accomadated the whole speed issue. It didn't have 10-80 mph, it went from 0-90.

Leah thought it was my dad's super-business-man car, and that weweren't allowed todrive it. If the others thought this, they'd probably steal it.

"Oh right. We could get the bus?" Quil suggested.

"Yeah right, the bus? In party outfits? DO be serious." Claire scoffed.

"I'm up for it." I shrugged. Everyone else nodded in agreement. Clarie huffed but finally agreed against her will.

That night at my house

"GUYS ARE WE READY WE NEED TO GET THE BUS!" Embry yelled from downstairs, where all the boys were watching TV.
"Yeah yeah!" Katie screamed from upstairs, were all us girls were applying more eyeliner and lipgloss and mascara and hairspray.

We finished and ran downstairs.

"FINALLY! Let's go." Sam moaned. We rolled our eyes and walked out my house and down the road to the bus stop.

"I'm so bloody cold." Katie shivered.

"Yeah yeah, that's cos we're dressed for a hot house party, not bus-shelter standing." Claire mumbled.

Here were our outfits;

Me; A black loose, long black top with 'Party Like A Rockstar' on in white writing, black silk shorts andblack heels. I was 5"5 normally so heels weren't a big deal. I had lots of black eyeliner on and my hair was in loose curls.

Leah; Black denim shorts, a blue man-shirt with a black belt and matching blue heels. She had her hair ina ponytail with a few loose curls and flicky-out eyeliner.

Katie; She was wearing a black vest top with a grey sleeveless cardigan over the top, a red waist belt, a black mini skirt and silver heels. She had mascara and red lipstick on and her hair was down and curly.

Claire; She was wearing a denim mini-skirt, a long black top with sparkles around the neckline, and metallic purple heels. Her hair was down and straight and she just had eyeliner and mascara on.

And the boys were wearing jeans, some form of trainers and shirts over vests. BORING!

After getting on the bus andlaughing our way to Seattle, we got there 35 minutes later. Sam immediately started walking, leading us to Tom's house. We turned a corner and immediately heard music. The girls looked at each other with smiles on our faces. We ran down the street (as best as wecould in heels) and followed the music to the house. We squealed; it looked PROPER AWESOME!

We knocked on the door as the boys came behind us.

"How - can - you -run - in -heels?" Embry panted. I laughed.

"We're girls.We're designed to." I turned around as the door opened and the music got significantly louder.

"HEY GUYS! COME ON IN!" Tom shouted. We smiled and followedhim inside. "DRINKS ARE OVER THERE!" Hepointed to a row of kegs and buckets of alcohol at the each of the huge living room thing that people used to dance in. Leah and Claire both grabbed my hands and pulledme into the middle.I looked over my shoulder and called for Katie to follow us and we all dancedto Flo Rida's Low.

The boys joined us after theymade a stopat the alcohol supplies and we danced together for a few more songs. I got thirsty and pushed my way through the crowd to the drinks with Leah. I got a WKD for us both and we stood there for a bit. When we felt like dancing again, we couldn't find our friends.

"Hey where are they?!" I said over the music.

"I don't know! Come on." She took my hand and we walked round the crowd looking. Then I caught sight of a couple making out by the wall.

"Oh get a room!" I shouted at them. They broke apart and looked at me.

"Oh shit ..."
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the long wait! im postiung another chapter in about 20 seconds cause i was on such a long break!