We're Only Young Once

Im a guy, WE HAVE NEEDS

Amber's POV

It was now 4.53 and Jake still hadn't come out of Victoria Secrets.

"Oh my god WHERE IS HE!" Claire whined stamping her feet.

"I'll call him.." I mumbled. I checked for missed calls or a text from him before calling. Nothing. I sighed and held the phone to my ear. It rang twice then just beeped. "HE HUNG UP ON ME!" I said pulling the phone away.

"He's probably busy talking to that Victoria." Katie moaned.

"Well he's our ride home so he better hurry up!" Seth grumbled.
Suddenly a hoard of people came out of Victoria Secrets and a staff girl locked the glass doors.

"Well where is he!" Seth said as we all looked through the crowd.

"Not here!" I whispered through gritted. I tried calling him again. No answer.

"Maybe him and that girl left?" Leah said.

"They could have gone through the fire escape or left before we did?"

"Well I guess we're getting the bus..."

Every one of their voices was too distant. I was so overpowered by anger. He should have at least text me to say he was leaving so he could drop us all home! And besides, who leaves with some girl they meet in a mall for 5minutes?! THAT'S JUST RIDICULOUS!

**2 hours later**

I had dropped my shopping bags at my house then walked to Jake's after we got the bus back from the mall.

Oh, and after I got off the bus, it started raining. AGAIN.

So, soaking wet, I walked over to Jake's and knocked on his front door.

"Hell- Amber! Nice to see you!" It was Jake's Dad.

"You too Billy." I smiled at him.

"Jake's up in his room er, you know where the towels are if you want to dry off." He laughed at my appearance.

"Thanks." I ran up the stairs and walked into Jake's room.

"HEY WAT- Oh Amb- err hello?" He looked confused after seeing what I looked like.

"Yeah, hi. Oh what, you wondering why I look like this? Because somebody decided to ditch his friends at the mall, so we had to get the bus back here to Forks, then it started raining and I had to walk home. Sound familiar?"

"Oh..."

"Yeah, OH! WHERE THE FU-" I closed Jake's door. "Where the hell did you go!" I hissed as I went into his bathroom and grabbed a towel.

"Well er, you know that girl -"

"Please do not tell me you ditched us for some girl Jake!!" I walked back into his room drying my hair. He laughed nervously. "JACOB BLACK I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU!" I pushed him hard.

"What! She's a girl, I'm a guy, WE HAVE NEEDS!"

"I know you have needs, I just also thought you had standards. You knew her what, 5 minutes before you left with her!" I sat on his spinning chair in front of his desk.

"Well if it helps I knew her pretty well by the time I left-"

"YOU SL-" I coughed. "You slept with her!" I hissed quieter. I didn't want his dad hearing.

"NO! You think I'd sleep with someone I knew 5 minutes?!"

"Oh I don't know anymore Jake, you did ditch your best friends to make out with her!" I threw the towel on the floor andfolded my arms across my chest.

"I'm sorry okay? It's just she was so...forward and, like I said, I'm a guy!" He stood up from his bed and hugged me.

"You have to apologize to everyone else. And I haven't forgiven you that easily." I stood up, pushing him away and left.

"Bye Mr Black!" I called as I went out the door.

**Lunchtime the next day at school**

I sat with Embry, Seth and Leah at our table in the cafteria, fiddling with the straw in my coke bottle. Quil, Sam and Katie soon joined us.

"What's wrong Frankie?" Sam asked, sitting next to me and rubbing my back.

"Nothing, why?"

"No Jake." He said simply. I sighed and looked at the cafeteria door. As soon as I did, Jacob and Claire came in. Claire shoved Jake a bit and he stumbled forward a little. Then he walked over to us.

"Hi guys." He said quietly.

"Hey! Where did you get to yesterday? We had to get the bus man!" Well Embry clearly didn't have a grudge against him. Jake looked at me and I looked away.

"Umm, I kinda got busy with that Victoria girl, sorry guys." He rubbed the back of his neck. Good, he was nervous.

"SERIOUSLY! Whoa dude what happened?" The guys crowded round him and asked him all sorts of questions.

"I thought he had standards." Leah whispered to me.

"Same, Amber did you talk to him about this?" Katie asked.

"I went to his house last night and shouted at him a bit. Saying I haven't forgiven him and all that." I nodded.

"Good. I can't believe the boys have just forgiven him so they can find out how far he went. So typical." Leah went back to her french fries and we stared at the boys for a second.

"Can I talk to you?" I felt a cool breath on my ear. I whipped round to see Edward Cullen standing very closely behind me. I heard the boys stop talking.

"Er ..." I looked at the girl's who had their mouths open. "Sure?" He held out his hand. I hesitated, then took it, noticing it was ice cold, and stood up. I looked round to see every single person in the cafeteria staring as well, and as we walked past the boys I saw Jake standing there with his mouth open.