We're Only Young Once

Jake's With Silicon Boobs He Won't Mind!

I walked back into the cafeteria and sat down toseven pairs of expecting eyes. I just sighed and put my head in my hands.

After a minute, I could tell they were impatient.

"HEY!" Leah knocked my arm so my head was forced to look up.

"What?" I asked calmly.

"What the hell is going on between you and Edward Cullen!"

"Nothing. Honestly. Where's Jake?" I say, noticing he wasn't here.

"He got pissy and walked off." Seth shrugged. Sam pointedly looked at me. I frowned at him and he rolled his eyes.

"Seriously though! This is the second time you and him have talked 'privately' and there is DEFO something going on! Are you hooking up in the Janitor's closet?" Leah pestered.

"WHAT?! NO I AM NOT! Jeez Leah!Just shut up yeah?" I sighed.

I glanced at Edward and he raised an eyebrow at me. I groaned and stood up and walked out.

**After school**
I waited for any sign of Jake outside school. I hadn't talked to him properly since this morning, and I needed to.
"Hey, Amber right?" I turned around to see a guy behind me. A really HOT guy.

Tall, totally tanned, brown hair like Zac Efron's, blue eyes and he was in jeans, keds and a checkered shirt. Yum.

"Er, yeah."

"I'm Joe. Er, Jacob asked me to give you this?" He handed me a piece of paper. I opened it.

Amber, can't give you a ride home. Went out with Victoria.
Sure you can grab one off Edward.

Fucking great. I screwed the paper up and threw it on the floor before walking off.

"Hey hey are you okay?" Joe ran up and walked beside me.

"Great. Just great."

"What did it say?" I glanced at him, shocked that he didn't read it.

"That he couldn't give me a ride because he was seeing this girl and that I could get a ride off Edward. Little prick..."

"Yeah, what's with you and Edward? You seem to disappear with him at lunch?"

"I'm not dating him. We just have things to talk about." I said angrily.

"Not things like, how you like each other?"

"No..."I said, unsure of what he was getting at.

"Good, because, well I was wondering..." I looked at him. Ahh the eyes... "I was kind of hoping that um...do you want to go out with me?" I stopped walking and turned to him.

"Like a date?"

"Yeah." He smiled. Mmm.

"Uhh ..." Jake's with silicon boobs, he won't mind! my brain thought. "Yeah, I'd love to." I smiled at Joe.

"Great, umm when do you want to?" He smiled back.

"I'm free now?" I suggested.

"Let's go." He smiled and I bit my lip as we started walking together to our date.

'We're Not Gay!' 'We Don't Know That!'

The next day at school, at lunch

"Hey guys." I smiled as I sat in betweenLeah and Claire.

"Hey, you seem happy?" Katie asked.

"Yes well," I teased as I drunk some Diet Coke. I looked at the table. "Umm, where are all the boys?"

"I don't know, I haven't seen them since yesterday." Leah shrugged. Just then, Sam, Quil and Embry came and sat down.

"Hey, have any of you seen Jake or Seth?" Quil asked immediately.

"Not since yesterday, why haven't you?"I asked confused.

"No, we haven't seen them since yesterday either. They're not in school." I spluttered on my Diet Coke and the girls mouths dropped open.

Okay so Seth and Jake hated school, but neither of them would ever take a day off school unless they were like, dying. And none of us got a phone call.

"Where the hell are they then?!" Katie asked.

"We don't know!" Quil sighed.

"We're really worried. We've tried calling them and they've hung up on us. Like without answering." Sam said. I shook my head and got my phone out. Jake had never hung up on me.

I pressed speed dial 1 and waited. It rang once then beeped.

I took it away from my ear shocked.

"He hung up on me." I said quietly. Everyone's eyes grew wide. They knew that me and Jake were pretty much inseperable and that we always answered each other's calls no matter what. Because we never called unless it was important. If we just wanted to talk we went to each other's houses, textor go online. Like one time I called,Jake was at his uncle's funeral, and he still answered, because he knew I knew, and so he knew it must have been important. It was the first time I cut myself.

I stood up angrily and stormed out of the cafeteria, but not before grabbing my Diet Coke and my phone.

"Amber!" Leah ran up beside me. She was my closest girlfriend. "You can't just walk out of school!"

"I am Leah. Jake has never hung up on me. Something's up and I want to know what's so bad he can't talk to me about it."

"I'm coming with. He must know where Seth is." We ran out of school and didn't stop until we were at Jake's house. Out of breath, we both knocked on the front door.

Billy answered it.

"Hello girls. What brings you here?" He said, kind of nervously.

"We were just wondering if Jake was here? He wasn't at school." I said.

"And neither was Seth. We thought maybe they were together?" Leah said.

"Uhh..I'm sorry Jake's not here. And I haven't heard anything on Seth." A thud came from upstairs. We all looked at the staircase. Then me and Leah raised an eyebrow at Mr Black. He laughed nervously. "Must be the cat."

"Mr Black, with all due respects, you know me well enough to know that I know you don't have a cat." I said before me and Lead pushed past him and ran up the stairs. We saw a door close loudly. We knocked on it. "JAKE! JAKE GET OUT HERE RIGHT NOW!!" I shouted.

"AND WE KNOW SETH'S THERE TOO!" Leah joined. I looked at her.

"We do?" She nodded then we knocked again.

"JAKE! SETH!" Leah shouted.

"Look just leave us alone okay!" Jake shouted.

"Oh so at least we know you're ALIVE! Thanks for the update!" I yelled, totally angry at this point.

"Seriously guys just go back to school!" Seth shouted.

"NO! NOT UNTIL YOU TELL US WHAT'S UP!"

"FOR ALL WE KNOW YOU TWO ARE HAVINGA GAY FEST IN YOUR ROOM AND WERE TOO HORNY TO WAIT THROUGH SCHOOL!" Leah shouted. I looked at her again.

"WE ARE NOT GAY!!" Jake defended.

"WE DON'T KNOW THAT!"

"Leah shut up!" I said.

"Sorry. I'm just worked up because our SUPPOSED BEST FRIENDS can't even tell us why they're missing school!"

They didn't say anything.

"Well." I said angrily, folding my arms. "It's nice to know where we stand after all these years JAKE! You know I'm glad you're with Silicon Boobs, then I won't have to see you're jerk of a face so often!! And as for you Seth-"

"YOU'RE SUCH A DICKHEAD!" Leah interrupted. I covered her mouth.

"Jake's dad is downstairs!" I hissed. Her eyes widened and I let go of her mouth. I kicked the door one last time and we walked downstairs. Billy was waiting by the door.

"I'm sorry Mr Black-" I started.

"Don't worry. You care about them, I get that. But the thing they're going through ... well, just give them time girls. You'll find out soon enough." He nodded and we got the hint that we should leave.

When we got to the end of the road, we stopped and looked at each other.

"What they're going through?"

"We'll find out soon enough?!"

"What, are they PMSing or something?!"

I shook my head in laughter as we walked to school.

Then I thought.

Edward said something like that yesterday.

What the hell was going on?
♠ ♠ ♠
2 comments=update!