Status: DONE!

I Wrote This For You

Care To Explain?

So what if I maybe have a small crush on Alex. So what if I think she is perfect in every way. So what if I think that when she smiles from me saying something my self esteem goes up not only because of the fact I actually made someone smile, but because of the fact that it was Alex. So what if I think that when the sun hits her in just the right way she looks like the most beautiful thing that has ever set foot on this bland old world. So what if I love her in every way shape and form!

I do admit, it bothered me more than a little bit to know that she despised this kid more then she knew I liked her as more than a friend along with the fact that I don’t even know who it is. And it also bothered me more than just a little to not know that something was bothering her and she didn’t want to tell me. But I shook all these thoughts aside as I usually did and continued to walk to my car.

It took only a few minutes, as it usually did, to get to my car and only a few more after that to get home. When I walked in the backdoor, I wiped off me shoes on the ‘welcome’ mat, set my books down on the table and immediately went to the pantry to get a snack. Today it was Lays Sour Cream and Onion Chips. But mostly only crumbs. When I was done pouring those into my mouth, I picked my books back up and headed to my room to start on my homework. My parents would never let the guys over until I had finished all of my homework. Stupid rule, I know. Luckily I had only German today. That was the easiest subject you could ever invest your time into. So I finished it in about 10 minutes, if not less and then picked up my phone to dial Ryan’s number. 3 rings later, he picked up the phone.

“Hello?” He asked.
“Hey! You’re coming over later right?”
“Yeah. What time?”
“Probably around like 4:30 I’d say.”
“Ok. See you then.”
“Bye.” And that was it. I’m not a really big ‘talk on the phone’ type of guy. Actually, I don’t know a ‘talk on the phone’ type of guy at all. I mean, we’re guys. We don’t talk on the phone. And now your asking ‘Why didn’t I just text him then?’ Well my friend, I do not have unlimited texting. It’s basically torture. The up side of all of this is that I only have to call one person when we are going to have a practice. I just call Ryan, he calls Spence, and then Spence calls Brent. It’s a pretty great system that we have actually. Quite convenient.

***

There is really nothing fun to do to pass the time around here. So now here I am, sitting on my bed, watching TV, again. I bet my brain is turning into mush right this very second. Then my phone rang causing me to jump because I usually don’t het calls at all.

“Hello?” I asked the phone.
“Brendon?” A girl’s voice asked. It was Alex.
“Yeah. What’s up?”
“Um…..I was just, um, wondering if you had the English assignment handy?” She was lying. I could tell.
“I though I told you he didn’t assign that to us.”
“Oh yeah. I forgot.” She sounded rushed. Or almost like she had been rehearsing this whole conversation.
“Is that it? Because the guys are going to be here any minute.” I said not trying to be rude.
“Yeah. I’ll see you tomorrow at school.”
“Ok, bye.”
“Wait! I actually called for a different reason.” She said. Why did my stomach just flip over?
“O-oh r-really?” Stop stammering Brendon! Get a hold of yourself!
“Yeah. I was just um, wondering if you would tell Ryan something for me?” She asked. My heart sank. Of course she wants to talk to Ryan. Not that I had anything against him. He’s my best friend. It’s just that he usually gets all the girls I like. Sometimes, I think he does it on purpose.
“Sure. Anything.” I said. Here comes the real punch in the gut.
“Just tell him that I still think he’s a jerk, but he needs to call me. OK?” She said quickly. I was right. Punch in the gut. But most definitely not the kind of punch in the gut I was thinking of.
“Yeah.” I said softly.
“Thanks.” She said and hung up right away knowing that I was going to question her. I closed my phone and let it fall on my bed. I guess I know who the guy is now. And now I have to talk to Ryan and see what up with this whole situation. Why didn’t he tell me? That makes me a little angry. I guess I’ll find out soon enough though.

As if on queue, I heard a knock on the door and shortly after that, it being opened. So I don’t lock my door. Who’s going to steal from a Mormon?

“Brendon?” I heard Spencer yell. Spencer being here meant Ryan being here because they always get here at the same time.
“I’m back here!” I shouted from my room. I heard footsteps coming towards my room and my heart was racing. I don’t know why I was so scared to ask Ryan what was up. I really don’t.
“Hey.” Ryan said.
“Hello.” I said.
“So are we going to wait for Brent again or start without him?” Spencer asked.
“We should start without him if we ever want to practice.” I suggested. That ass hole never comes to practice anymore.
“OK.” Spence said walking out of my room.
“I’ll be down there in a minute.” I said. He nodded his head and continued walking. “Ryan, I gotta talk to you.” I started.
“Alright. About what?” He asked.
“It’s. It’s about Alex.” I said. Right then and there his face dropped. He knew that the secret that he’d been keeping from me for so long was now out. And I could tell that he didn’t like it. He didn’t like it one bit.
♠ ♠ ♠
the third and most likely final chapter should be up either tonight of tomorrow. =)