Status: Complete

Reject.

chapter 1

I walked through the hallways with my head down and my hair hiding my face. I weaved through people careful not to brush by anyone in case they decided to tease me. It was a failed attempt because my hair was a dead give away and the "popular's" in this school had eyes like hawks when it comes to finding me.

I never quite understood why they chose to pick on me instead of anyone else. I mean I considered myself average in height, weight and looks, what made me different from all the other girls that slid by unnoticed?

My thoughts were interrupted by someone slamming their shoulder into my side, causing all the papers I had previously been carrying to scatter to the floor in a flurry of white. I sighed heavily as the hoards of kids that acted more like animals than teenagers purposely stomped all over my stuff.

Most would have freaked out and cause a scene, but I knew better. Things like this happened to me everyday, I'd get my papers thrown everywhere or someone would shove me into a locker. Causing a scene would only make things worse for me. I wanted to cry, to run to the bathroom and bawl my eyes out. I knew I wouldn't though, I was far too stubborn to let them know that they had hurt me.

After I finally collected all my stuff the hallways were vacant and I was late to my first period class. I shoved the door to my math class open and stepped inside only to have all eyes land on me. The animals in the room snickered and whispered to their friends while my teacher just glowered at me.

"Nice of you to join us." he said sarcastically before going back into what he was previously explaining. I walked towards my desk keeping my face down in case anyone tried to trip me.

The next three periods passed swiftly and before I wanted it to the bell rang and it was time for the worst part of the day, lunch. ‌

In this school lunch was really just a time to socialize and pick on the smaller kids. The entrance way was really a runway, you were there to see and be seen.

Unfortunately for me I was the smaller kid they liked to pick on and I had no one to socialize with. For me lunch was spent in a bathroom stall eating a sandwich and praying that none of the "popular" girls would come in and notice me.

As I finished my lunch I could hear the loud giggles of girls and froze in my tracks, they were here early. Usually I knew exactly when the populars come to the bathrooms for a make-up check, creepy sounding I know but it keeps me from being taunted by them.

I wish it was only the boys that picked on me, they just physically abused me. They would shove me into lockers, knock my books out of my hands, steal my stuff and throw it, rip my books, stuff like that. The girls were the worst of the two, they would taunt me constantly and call me names that I don't think anyone deserved to be called.

The verbal abuse wasn't even the worst, it was the physiological abuse that got me. Sometimes they would all crowd around me after school and push me around in circles till I hyperventilated. Sometimes they would threaten me and my family in horrible ways. Others they would completely ignore me.

In my opinion the latter was worse, they treated me like I wasn't even there. The would walk right into me and not even take a glance in my direction. It was as if I was a ghost, a faceless phantom passing through.

There was a slam against the door in front of my snapping me out of my thoughts. The giggles got louder and one of them cursed another loudly. I sat with my knees pulled to my chest and listened as their voices faded into nothing. I made a mad dash out of the bathroom after the bell rang in an attempt to get to my class before I was caught by Darian, the boy that has been making my life miserable since 4th grade.

I heaved a sigh of relief as I sat down in my social studies class unharmed and slightly out of breath. The next three periods passed quickly as did all the others, with my teachers droning on about things that we probably wouldn't need for the rest of our lives.

Like every other day I quietly jotted down notes and ignored the occasional tug of my hair. The bell rang signaling that it was the end of 7th period and I rushed out of the room with a huge grin on my face. It was finally time for me to go to art; my favorite class.

When I reached the art room I waved at my teacher, Mrs.Green and sat down in my assigned seat. The rest of the kids poured in and sat in their seats not daring to mess with me in this class. This was the only class where no one messed with me, no one would dare bring something as petty as bullying into Mrs.Greens studio, she'd bite their head off!

The period passed quicker than I would have liked but that was okay, I was just happy that I had gotten a period to myself without anyone trying to bring me down. The bell rang and I rushed out of the room to my locker trying to get all my stuff before Darian caught me, I got away at lunch but that didn't mean I would make it now. I almost sighed in relief as I got everything and slammed my locker door shut; Today I was lucky. I turned around and
almost ran right into someone.

My happy mood disappeared as I saw that the person I walked into was actually a smirking Darian. I gulped and took a step back only to hit a locker. I cursed my luck and decided to make a run for it.

I faked left before darting to the right and down the long hallway. I heard him curse behind me only making me run faster. I could hear the thumping of my heart in my ears as my feet pounded the ground.

When I reached the doors of the school I shoved them open and kept running, I didn't stop till I was half way home.

I smiled softly to myself as I tried to catch my breath, I survived another day in hell and managed to come out unharmed. I knew I would pay for running from Darian tomorrow but right now that didn't matter, now I could go home and relax without worrying about who was going to hurt me next.

After I exited those school doors I had a real name, one that wasn't something mean of perverted.

My name is Pandora, but most know me as Reject.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is an entry for Madalinaballerina's one shot, once chance, one word contest.
It's a one-shot
Comments and criticism are welcome :D