Status: Slowly Active. Very Slowly. Sorry! =/

Pick Your Poison

Are you capable of speech?

*2 days later*

Walking into the living room I sit on the couch and flip on MTV. We The Kings is on Silent Library and I chuckle as Drew does a stunt. Hearing a knock on the door I get up and walk to the entryway. Opening to door I see Kellie, one of my best friends, and a fellow hit-woman.

"Hey Kel, what are you doing here?" I ask stepping aside so she can come in.

"Oh you know, just working. I have to off some debutante. I think her name is Ashley Ross." She says sitting on the couch.

"Yeah, I've heard of her. Apparently there's a bunch of people, women mostly, that want her dead." I say joining her.

"Well, I guess I'm the one that gets the pleasure of doing it." She says smirking.

"Do you have any idea of how you're going to do it yet?" I ask.

"No, not yet. Jase just said do it cleanly." She replies. We both look at the TV to see the music video for Beautiful Thieves by AFI come on. Kellie grins as an idea comes to her. "I'll poison her. Jason gave me a rough copy of her calendar for this week and it says she's going to a friend's birthday party, so I'll do it then." She says looking at a piece of paper.

"Sounds like fun. I wonder why Jason didn't give me the job. I haven't done anything in a while." I complain.

"Well, you know he usually holds off on people when he's planning a big job for them. Maybe you have to get rid of an actor or someone." She says.

"Hmm, yeah maybe you're right." I sigh before continuing, "so, do you have a place to stay and everything?"

"Yeah, I'm staying at a Hotel in the Upper East Side." she responds.

"Ok, so business aside, how've you been?" I ask.

"Oh you know, the same as usual I guess. At least my cover hasn't been blown and I don't have anyone out to get me so that's good," she says smiling slightly, "what about yourself?"

"Well, I recently acquired a boyfriend, and I'm still working at Angels and Kings," I say.

"Wait, hold on a tick, you have a boyfriend? What's his name? What's he like? Oh geez, he's not like your previous boyfriend is he?" She asks.

"Yes, I have boyfriend. His name's Mike, he plays guitar for the band The Academy Is.... He's absolutely amazing, and no, thank God, he's not at all like Derek." I respond quickly.

"Oh, well that's a relief," she says with a sigh.

I hear my phone start playing His Girl Friday by The Academy Is..., "Hello? Oh, hey Mike."

"Gimme!" Kellie yells grabbing the phone out of my hand. She puts the call on speaker and says, "so you're Mike huh?

"Yes? Can I speak to Amelia?" He asks.

"I don't know can you? Are you capable of speech? Which apparently you are since you asked to speak to her." Kellie says into the phone.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure I am capable of speaking. Haha. So, may I please speak to Amelia?"

Kellie sighs then says, "yes I suppose so. Here you go, Mel."

"Hello?" I say taking my phone from her.

"Hey babe, How've you been?" Mike asks.

"I've been fine, how's tour?"

"Almost done, thankfully. Then I can come back to the city and spend more time with you."

I smile and say, "I know, I can't wait."

"Me neither. I have to go, but I'll call you later, bye sweetness." Mike says hanging up.

I hang up my phone and set it down on the table in front of me. "Sorry about that Kellie. It's hard dating a touring musician." I say.

"I'm sure it is. Never being able to see each other I don't know how you do it, hun. Honestly I don't," she replies.

"Yeah, I don't know either how I do it either," I say. We talk for hours, just catching up with each other, until she decides to call it a night and head back to her hotel. I tell her to be careful and to call me tomorrow. Once Kellie leaves I lock the door and walk into my office.

My computer flashes that I have a new message on Skype, "New IM from Jason." I click on it and read the message. "Amelia, my dear. I have the perfect job for you. It has come to my attention that you have acquired a job as a bartender. Well, the next job I have for you involves the bar you work at. As usual the pay will be great. You know the rules. Make it a clean kill, don't take too long, and don't become emotionally attached to the victim. The information, should you accept the mission, will arrive within a few days. Take care for now. - Jason."

I rub my temples and reply with a short, "yes." I sign off the computer and walk to my bed. Sitting on the edge I contemplate what I've just done. I always feel guilty when I accept a new job, but the pay is great. Kellie says after a while the guilt wanes, but that's just because she's in the same emotional state as a robot. I don't even know what Jason looks like, or if that's even his real name. In a way it sort of reminds me of Charlie's Angels, except instead of saving the day I kill people.

I get off the bed and change into some pajamas. Walking back to the bed I pick Lillie up off of the floor and place her onto the bed. I curl up next to her under the blankets and let sleep overcome me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short. It's finals time so I've been majorly busy. I'll try to update more often. Comments are appreciated and may get me to update more. =D