Our Last First Kiss

Werewolves

"So what did you and Paul talk about last night?" Emily asked while I helped her with the dishes. After that I was planning on heading home to shower and change into a more comfortable attire. She gave me this mischievous look and I chuckled softly shaking my head.

"Nothing really," I shrugged as I dried a plate stacking them into the cupboards. Emily eyed me with disbelief. Paul was a nice guy, no doubt about that and sure he had a hostile temper, but he was like a big teddy bear underneath all that. "He's really nice for someone who always seems angry." I explained and Emily gave me a soft smile nodding her head in agreement.

"They all are, for being such huge creatures they're actually really sweet," Emily paused for a moment thinking about something. She turned off the water and looked over at me as I dried the last glass cup. "Shiloh, you have to keep this all a secret. You know that right?" she asked me and I nodded my head.

"I won't say anything about it." I assured her and Emily nodded once taking my word. As I put the last plate up the door slid open and Seth walked inside. We both looked at him and he sat down at the table. He looked a bit sad and a tad on the tired side. "Seth, is everything okay?" I asked him and Seth sighed heavily nodding stiffly.

"No." Seth murmured glowering a bit too. Paul walked in followed by a shirtless Quil and Jacob. I smiled at all three of them and I gestured to Seth. Jacob sighed and rolled his eyes shaking his head. Paul pushed Seth's head in a playful manner while Quil sat down beside him.

"Hey it's you or us Seth," Quil explained to the shaggy haired boy who seemed annoyed. "And we obviously pick us." Quil said pointing towards himself. Paul nodded in agreement, but Seth didn't want to hear it. He pushed away from the table and stormed out of the house.

"Why are you guys so mean to him?" I asked and all three boys looked at me. Emily remained quiet standing by the table when Sam walked into the dining area.

"We're not trying to be," Sam explained to me and I frowned. "His sister doesn't want him out there, so we're not letting him out." Sam shrugged and Emily smiled at him as he came over to her. I nodded understanding a bit more.

"Does he know that?" I asked.

"Yeah, but he doesn't care." Paul answered and I pursed my lips. Well it had to be hard on Seth to sit around and do nothing while he friends were out there looking for trouble.

"He'll get over it," Sam said. "Now we have work to do, Paul take Shiloh home. Jacob and I are going to talk to the bloodsuckers." Sam explained and I looked at Sam then turned my attention to Jacob.

"The vampires? Why are they involved?" I asked becoming nervous.

"We're not sure that they are," Jacob paused and I looked up at him. "As a precaution though, we're going to talk to them." He explained to me and I nodded stiffly, Jacob told me before they were on decent terms. However I kept thinking if the wolves accused the vampires of being behind the attack they would come after us.

"Quil, you and Embry do another search see if you pick up on the scent again." Sam said Quil nodded leaving to go find Embry, wherever he was. I sighed softly as Jacob placed a hand on the side of my face. His eyes seemed so sure that everything would be okay, but I just couldn't believe him.

"Everything will be fine." Jacob told me.

"Are you sure?" I asked him.

"Of course," he smiled and turned to Sam who was saying his goodbyes to Emily. "I have to go, but don't worry I'll be back to take you out on a date." He winked at me and walked out of the house with Sam following him moments later. I waved as they left and saw Paul pulling out a chair to sit down for a while.

"Where's Jared?" Emily asked.

"Somewhere." Paul shrugged and Emily scowled walking back into the kitchen to finish cleaning up.

"I better get going, I told my uncle I'd be home by 11:00." I said looking at the clock. Paul nodded his head and stood up. "You don't have to walk me, I'll be fine." Paul gave me a quizzical stare.

"Do you want an instant replay of last night?" he asked with a smirk and I remembered the werewolf attacking me and Jacob. A shiver travel through me and I smiled at Paul. "I didn't think so." Paul said as he opened up the sliding glass doors.

"Bye Emily," I said poking my head into the kitchen. "I'll see you later." She waved goodbye to me and I trotted outside with Paul in tow. I was thinking about the werewolf, it was a full moon last night. Now I may not know much about werewolves, but I do know they changed unwillingly on the night of a full moon.

"Jacob said you wanted him to prove something." Paul said as we walked down the roadside heading for my uncle's house. Let me tell you the morning light was much better than walking around here at night. Everything was a bit livelier. The grass was thick and luscious, the trees tall and marvelous, and the whispering winds flowing through the mast trees.

"Yeah," I smiled with a small laugh escaping me. "Just a little test." I shrugged my shoulder and Paul nodded pursing his lips.

"What is it you want him to prove?" Paul asked me and I shrugged my shoulders. "That's not an answer." He said mimicking my shrug and I laughed lightly. Paul was fun to hang out with when he was all relaxed, not all tense and angry.

"Paul that werewolf," I paused and the smile on his face quickly shifted into a firm line. He seemed to be a bit uptight about the whole werewolf thing. Even though in a sense he was one, but his changes were voluntary. "Do you think it’s a member of the tribe?" I asked him and Paul snorted shaking his head.

"If it was we would have known." Paul told me as we started up the hill to my uncle's house.

"How?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Its just a feeling we get." Paul shrugged and I nodded slowly trying to stop the questions from coming out of my mouth. However I was at a lost, I wanted to know so much about them and everything. Let's just say I wanted to pick apart their thoughts and emotions. I wanted to figure them out and know everything I possibly could. It was like I was some sot of strange scientist experimenting on them or something.

"So what's going to happen to him?" I asked. "The werewolf." Paul sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Hard to say." Paul told me and I nodded my head as we started walking down my uncle's drive way. He was outside working on his truck at the moment. "Don't worry about it though." He said and I smiled at him, truth be told I couldn't not worry about it.

"Shiloh." My uncle said my name and I turned away from Paul looking at him. He had his gray hair pulled back and wore dark blue jeans with a gray polo shirt tucked in.

"Thanks for walking me home." I smiled at Paul and he nodded looking to my uncle. He waved and quickly jogged off before I could say anything else. I looked at my uncle's wrinkled face already seeing it didn't approve of Paul. It was apparent in those almond colored eyes of his.

"Was that Paul, the one with the crazy temper?" he asked me as I walked over to him.

"Yes and he's not that bad." I told my uncle who snorted going back to mending his truck that was falling apart.

"Are you doing anything else today?" he asked me and I shrugged my shoulders, not that he knew since his head was buried underneath the hood of his rusty truck. Leaning against the cab of the truck my uncle poked his head out to look at me. "You're dad called to check up on you. He ain't to pleased your hanging out with strangers." My uncle muttered the last few words and my mouth parted.

"You told him?" I screeched the question. My dad was probably pulling his hair out right now.

"Of course I did, did you expect me to lie to him?" he asked.

"Maybe a little bit." I grumbled crossing my arms over my chest and he chuckled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fillerish chapter.
Ah, well.

Haha, thank you all for reading.
I only got two comments on the last chapter...sadness...

So five or more comments equals the next update!
=) Thank you all again for reading this story.

-Mimi