Our Last First Kiss

Surprise Attack

"What is it with guys and explosions?" I asked, as all the guys in the living room remained glued to the TV as things exploded. Emily looked over at the boys and shrugged her shoulders setting out a glass of milk for me along with four chocolate chip cookies.

"So Sam tells me you want Jacob to prove something to you," Emily said as she took a small bite out of her cookie. I looked at her and giggled lightly as I dunked mine into the milk. "What?" she asked wiggling her eyebrows and I shook my head.

"It's nothing, it's more like to get to know him and him to know me," I explained as I took a bite out of my cookie. Emily nodded with a smile seeing what I meant. "All I really want him to prove is how much he truly cares, ya know?" I asked her and she smiled at me.

"I understand." She told me and I smiled back at her lifting the glass up to take a sip of the milk. Loud explosions came from the TV and all the guys were literally on the edge of their seats. I rolled my eyes, what's the big deal about an explosion, really? Emily started laughing at the sight and I turned to look at her chuckling as well. "It's kind of cute." She cooed and I scoffed.

"Super duper cute." I said sarcastically and Emily laughed a bit louder this time. Stuffing another cookie into my mouth I chewed and swallowed taking the last bit of my milk down.

"We're probably just blurry shapes to them now." Emily said and I nodded knowingly. I bet Jacob wouldn't even notice if I left, not that I was going to test that. Looking at the clock on the wall I raised an eyebrow it was 9:30.

"Shouldn't they be heading out to patrol?" I asked her.

"Probably, but the movie is almost over," she said as she stared at the clock and then looked back at the boys crowded around the TV. Nodding my head I took our empty glasses to go put them in the sink. "So if Jacob doesn't prove himself, then what?" Emily asked me as I began to wash the glasses.

"I said I would leave," I chuckled looking at her as she leaned on the counter to the right of me. "I said I would go to Mexico." I explained and Emily raised an eyebrow at me.

"Mexico?" she asked with a slightly laugh.

"Yes, I need a tan." I joked and Emily laughed along with me. She grabbed a dishtowel and dried the glasses after I washed them and stored them back in the cupboards. We remained in the kitchen not saying anything, but not wanting to watch the movie either.

CRASH!

Glass shattered everywhere, shards flying through the air hitting my body. I screamed loudly and Emily dropped down behind the counter. A loud howl filled the room causing me to cover my ears. I stumbled back hitting the counter and looked over at Emily who was kneeling covering her ears as well.

"JACOB!" I cried out upon seeing the wiry black haired werewolf from before. It's eyes burning a fire red, it's muzzle lifted showing it long sharp fangs. The beast stood on its hind legs and roared loudly and I screamed once again falling onto the floor. It snorted and sniffed the air and its eyes quickly darted to Emily. On the floor around her were little blood droplets.

"Emily!" Sam shouted as he ran into the kitchen quickly shifting before our eyes. The werewolf stared at Sam's mighty size. His fur was as dark as night and his eyes as blue as the skies. I watched in fear my heart beat pounding heavily against my chest. Emily clutched her wound on her arm tightly and looked over at Sam.

He snarled viciously and the werewolf snarled right back at him. Sam's ears flattened against his head and his hackles pointed up bristly. I started to shake as Sam lowered his body preparing to strike. The werewolf snapped and Sam sprang forward quickly knocking the werewolf down. The two wolves tangled in a fight as they rolled out of the house and into the front yard.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I crawled over to Emily who winced as she slowly pulled a glass shard from her arm. She hissed in pain once it was completely out and let it drop to the floor. Placing my arms around her in a tight hug I pulled away to look for the others, but they were gone.

"Emily, Shiloh?" Seth called out as he walked into the kitchen from the outside.

"Seth, thank goodness." I said in relief getting up onto my feet and stumbled into his arms. He held me close and pat my back assuring me everything would be all right. Seth moved away from me and went over to Emily. He pulled off his shirt and ripped a piece of it off. Quickly he tied it around her wound and helped her up onto her feet.

"This way." He said gesturing for me to follow as he gently pulled Emily towards the side entrance of the house. Seth was moving quickly as he pushed open the door and led us out. I could see Emily's shed across the yard. "You'll hide in here." Seth explained as we ran across the yard. He slid the door open and let Emily walk in. I stopped just before going in and turned to him.

"What about you?" I asked him.

"I'm going to keep watch." He said to me before pushing me in and shut the door. I turned around and looked through the crack in the door. Seth quickly shifted into his wolf form. He glanced around his sandy-brown fur being blown around in the gentle breeze.

"Come away from the door." Emily urged me and I pushed away walking over to her. She sat on an old wooden bench I sat beside her. The lamppost outside dimly lighted it inside. Hopefully we would be safe in here, but more importantly hopefully the guys would be all right.

"Do you think the guys will be okay?" I asked in a low voice and Emily trembled slightly looking at me. We stared at each other for what seemed like hours.

"I don't know." She said and I started to panic, if they didn't fight it off what would happen to everyone else around here?

There was a yelp from outside. I jumped up to my feet, but Emily held me in place. I wanted to go to the door and see what it was. Emily yanked me back down and I grunted. She covered my mouth trying to make me stay quiet. I looked around all over trying to see movement from the cracks of the wall. My breathing started to get heavier as did Emily's so she quickly covered her mouth as well.

CRASH!

I screamed as the doors of the shed cracked when something heavy struck them. Emily and I stood up and backed to the back wall of the shed. There was a low growl and then a heavy bark.

"Oh my God." I said in a shaky voice. Emily gestured for me to try and keep quiet, but how could I with death literally banging on our door. She pulled me back into the far corner behind a few pilled up boxes.

It was quiet for a moment until a loud howl rang throughout the area. Emily and I both shuddered and covered our ears. Now I was terrified, nothing had ever sounded so frightening to me before. There was a sound for growling and snarling and the shed was once again hit.

I squeaked and Emily started to cry as the shed's wood snapped. Something once again was slammed up against the wood. What was going on out there? Another bark came followed by heavy panting and a low growl.

CRASH!

A yelp came. I pushed Emily's hand away from my shoulder and quickly rushed to the door. I knelt down and looked out of the crack seeing Seth lying on the ground blood covering his sandy-fur. I gasped upon the sight. He struggled to get up, but crumpled back down. Tears filled my eyes as he whined in pain and agony. My heart was racing so fast I thought it was going to explode.

"Shiloh get back here." Emily said in a harsh whisper.

"Seth is down." I said looking back at her. Immediately her expression changed to worry instead of fear. Pushing my hair back I tried to hold my breath as I looked around the area finding nothing. Whatever Seth was fighting had taken off, but I didn't know if I should go out and check on him. Just because it looked quiet and safe outside didn't mean anything. If everything were okay Jacob or one of the others would be out there.

"What do you see?" Emily whispered to me as she crawled a bit closer. I waved my hand signaling her to stay where she was and be quiet. She obeyed my orders and stared at me helplessly.

"It looks safe." I whispered looking back at her. She nodded stiffly and crawled over to me quietly. Emily peaked out of the crack herself and glanced around. Her breath hitched in her throat when her eyes lay upon Seth's injured body. He was no longer moving and I was becoming very worried.

"I don't know what to do." She said looking back at me. I rolled down the sleeves of my sweater and looked back out the crack of the door.

"Where do you think the others are?" I asked her looking out of the small crack hoping to find one of the guys, but I had no such luck.

"I don't know," she paused for a moment and bit her lip. "Hopefully they are safe." She whispered and I nodded in agreement a ray of hope filling my heart. Something told me that they were okay and would come back to us.

"I'm going to Seth." I said and Emily looked at me. She quickly shook her head in disagreement.

"No, you can't!" she hissed at me.

"I have to get him in here." I said.

"He's too heavy and we don't know what's out there." She said gesturing towards the door.

"I have to try." I responded bravely, but I was actually shaking with fear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Now how's that for action?
Thank you all for the comments and reading.
For another update comment some more please.

Also I would love it if you guys would check out my joint story:
Let Me Be Your Hero