Our Last First Kiss

Caroline

Patrolling with Paul was weird now. It had been a week since I had found out about him imprinting. Let's just say he finally asked the girl out and they went on a date two days ago. His mind was flooded with images of her and pouring into my own thoughts. Shaking it off, I tried to block them and trotted through the dense forest. Paul picked up his pace to keep up with me.

Those werewolves and their vampire masters haven't shown up in almost a month now. It was like they'd never been here before and it was all some sort of dream. The days and nights passed quietly, no killings, no alerts, nothing. I slowed to a walk and Paul walked alongside me looking from left to right.

One thing that was good about Paul imprinting was that he wasn't as temperamental. He was still a bit rough around the edges, but he's a bit softer now. That was a big relief too his constant nagging was irritating. Plus he hardly ever stuck around at Emily's or my place talking to Shiloh.

Jacob I will bite your head off if you don't stop! Paul growled bitterly. I looked over at him and rolled my eyes like I said he was still rough around the edges. He snorted and snapped at me. Jumping aside I flattened my ears against my head and snarled lowly. Paul crouched low to the ground as if he was about to attack me. You're asking for it kid! Paul snapped at me. I growled at him and we started to circle each other.

I'm not a kid; I'm only a year younger than you. I retorted with a roll of my eyes. Paul's tail twitched and I sniffed the air. Both of our ears perked up, their was a faint scent in the air. And it didn't smell like something from around here.

WHOA! Paul grunted. A massive black werewolf jumped in the clearing between us and tackled Paul into a tree. Before I knew it I heard a low hiss and turned around. Baring my fangs and lowering my head down I snarled at the female vampire in the tree. She laughed in a high-pitched sound and licked her lips.

I darted forward and she quickly darted further into the forest. At first I wondered if I should help Paul, but then I figured he'd want his revenge on the beast for nearly dismembering him. My legs started to move faster and faster and I could see that leech disappearing into the fog. Thankfully my eyesight was better than ever.

I stopped dead in my tracks. What was before me was my worst nightmare. My fur stuck up and I bared my fangs at the woman across from me. Her bright red eyes glaring, her lips curved into a malicious smile, and her black hair curved around her face. She was dressed in a scarlet gown with golden embroidery and her feet were bare.

"You're a fast little dog," the woman laughed. "You'd probably run faster if you saw this sooner." She smirked. I let out a warning growl as she slowly kneeled to the ground. If I moved she'd probably take off. Her pale hands slowly brushed the hair out of Shiloh's face.

That's right at her feet Shiloh laid. My body was trembling with rage and terror, how did this happen? She was at Emily's house with Quil, Embry, and everyone aside from me and Paul. The woman smirked meeting my gaze and I lowered my head snarling viciously. She hissed right back at me and stood up.

"You want to save the one you love?" she asked softly. My ears flattened against my head once again and I lowered my body to the ground. This was dangerous, very dangerous. Shiloh could get hurt or even worse killed. "Now, now. You've met Erik, my stupid servant boy. And I assume you've tangled with my pets as well," she paused and looked down at Shiloh adding, "She means much to you does she not?" the bloodsucker gestured down to Shiloh. If I answered things could get much worse, so I just remained still and growled a bit more.

Shiloh was everything to me I couldn't lose her. My eyes drifted over Shiloh's body, her skin was pale and her lips were blue. She was freezing and I could barely see the movement in her chest. My heart ached and my body trembled even more. She needed medical attention and fast! If she stayed out in this cold weather much longer she might go into shock.

Jacob! Sam was calling my name, but I ignored him. The vampire before me smirked viciously and grabbed Shiloh's throat. Her body hung in the vampire's grasp and I took a step forward. The leech laughed wickedly and I growled sharply. Shiloh was nearly dead.

"Remember my name mutt!" the leech screeched at me. "Caroline." In an instant Shiloh's body fell to the ground and my eyes widened with fear. Right before I could run to check on her a sharp pain burned into my shoulder.

It felt so bad that I crumbled to the floor. The pain radiated throughout my body and I tightly closed my eyes. Where had all this pain come from so suddenly? That damn leech was gone before I could even blink. I tried to lift myself from the ground, but just toppled over.

Jake stop! Paul snapped at me. My eyes were locked on Shiloh's cold body and everything was slowly fading to black. Before I could even say anything I passed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys I'd love it if you would check out my newest Jacob Black story.

It's called:Heartland.

Please comment and check out my new story!

-Mimi