Our Last First Kiss

Showdown

It seemed like I had been running for miles before I finally saw Embry and Quil tangled up in a fierce battle with two werewolves. I snarled before jumping into the fight knocking one of the werewolves off of Embry. My fangs sunk deeply into the creatures skin and I thrashed him around a few times. When I let the ugly creature fall to the ground I was sure it was dead.

Embry was panting heavily and licking an injury on his leg. I whined walking up to him, but he shook his head and barked. When I turned around I saw one of those bloodsuckers controlling this werewolves. My hackles pointed up, my ears went flat, and my muzzle rose showing my fangs. The vampire standing up in the tree laughed, it was Caroline's stupid servant boy. His name was Erik if I remembered right, but it wouldn't matter I'd kill him here and now.

Without a second thought I jumped up and attacked the vampire. He hissed at me and started running away. Embry and Quil were yelling for me to come back, but I had to finish this now. The other werewolf had been killed as well by Quil, so I knew they'd be okay.

The leech whipped left and right weaving through the trees, but I would catch him. Urging my legs to run as fast as they could I was slowly starting to catch up to him. I launched forward jumping onto the vampires back knocking him down. He knocked me off and I landed on the ground in front of him. The leech hissed as he jumped back up to his feet and started to run away, but I pounced on him.

"You're pack leader was right." Erik laughed as he kept his hand at my throat so I couldn't bite his head off. I snarled snapping at his face, but he kicked me away. As I flew back I shook my head and growled my tail whipping back and forth. I squared shoulders and lifted my head high before charging at him.

Erik flipped backwards and laughed before darting off into the forest. Snorting I chased after him, I wouldn't give up. Sam was not right I could do this and I would prove it. My legs were growing tired as I veered left and right and jumped over obstacles. The leech was in my view again and I was within attacking distance.

As I pounced down on the vampire I quickly sank my jaw into his shoulder. He cried out in pain only causing me to bite him harder. The leech tried to breakaway, but my grip on him was hard. His arms flailed around trying to hit me so I would let go, but it was useless. Lifting him up I slammed him down into the ground and he grunted. Letting him free from my fangs I pressed my paw hard onto his chest. He coughed and started to kick at me, but he was weak.

"While…killing me…remember what…you are to…protect." He gasped and I furrowed my brows. Erik began to laugh and I had had enough of him. In one quick motion I snapped his neck and snorted. He was good and dead.

Good radiance. I thought as I started to rip him limb from limb. The blood ground became soaked and my paws stained with blood. I could come back later with the guys to burn the pieces.

Jake! Jacob! Sam's voice filled my head.

I'm fine I killed one of the leeches. I explained as I finished ripping him up.

Where are the girls! Sam snapped and my body tensed.