Our Last First Kiss

Clear

Paul was watching some random old black and white movie on Emily's TV. I was half asleep, but I still knew what was going on. Paul was actually a nice guy once you got to know him. Seth was passed out in the armchair snoring slightly and Emily had gone to her room.

All the lights in the house were off, which caused my eyes to droop closed. I curled up a bit tighter trying to keep my warmth; thankfully Paul was like a heater. My head was resting on a pillow that was leaned up against him. He didn't really seem to mind either, which was good because it would be cold if he got up and waited outside for the others.

Paul kept the volume of the TV on low, which was nice of him since I was losing the battle of staying awake. He shifted slightly and grunted a bit while touching his injured leg. Now it looked like a red scar, much better than a couple of hours ago.

"Does it hurt?" I asked in a tired voice followed by a yawn.

"Oh, sorry did I wake you?" he asked me quietly hoping to not wake Seth. I shook my head keeping my head down on the pillow, but my eyes were on his hands that were rubbing the scarred area. "Sort of worse than I would expect." Paul confessed sitting back into the couch.

"Thank you for saving him." I said softly and Paul looked down at me. Our eyes met for a moment and he smiled weakly nodding his head.

"You're welcome." He said after a few seconds.

"Do you think they're okay out there?" I asked him looking at the TV. Paul sighed and rubbed the back of his neck looking at the TV as well.

"I haven't heard any of them howl, which is usually a good sign." He assured me and I nodded slowly trying to fight my desire to sleep. I wanted to wait until Jacob and the others came back home. Even Emily had been worried before she went to her room. I bet she was still awake lying in her bed worrying over Sam.

"I hope their okay." I yawned burying my face into the pillow. Paul looked down at me and smiled before looking back at the TV. Before I knew it I was drifting off into my dreams.

"They will be." Paul whispered just before I fell asleep.

* * * * *

"They're back." Seth whispered I barely heard him as I started to wake up, but I kept my eyes closed. Paul shifted, but I barely noticed since I was still really tired. The door slid open and I heard a set of feet walking in.

"Find anything?" Paul asked the person who walked in. Seth stood up I could hear him walking past us behind the couch.

"Man you look beat." Seth spoke I could imagine him staring down whoever just walked in.

"Sam had us ran all the way up to Canada and then to Seattle," it was Jacob, my eyes fluttered open. "Then every which way in La Push and Forks." Jacob sounded exhausted.

"So it was all clear?" Paul asked him.

"Seemed to be." Jacob responded and I hear him walking over. He was very close. I sat up and rubbed my eyes tiredly. Really I was comfortable just a few moments ago and wanted to lay down, but I wanted to look at Jacob.

"Hey you." I smiled tiredly and Jacob smiled back leaning down to kiss the top of my head. Paul sat still and looked off to give us our little moment. Jacob pulled back from me and stroked the side of my face with his fingertips.

"Go back to sleep," Jacob whispered to me and I nodded slowly. I didn't even notice Paul getting up. There went my heater, but he was reaching for a blanket on the chair Seth was in a few minutes ago. "We have to go and talk to the others." Jacob told me as Paul handed me the blue comforter.

"Okay." I nodded.

"Seth stay inside." Jacob ordered.

"What? Why?" Seth whined.

"Sam will fill you in later, just stay here with the girls." Paul spoke and I laid back down pulling the blanket over me. As I lay back down I curled up again trying to find some warmth. Seth muttered a few things under his breath before plopping down on the armchair again.

I heard the door open and then close. They were gone, this time both Jacob and Paul.

"So you're a shape shifter too?" I asked looking over at Seth.

"Yeah, but I'm consider the runt." Seth rolled his eyes at the last word. I chuckled softly; he was a really cute kid. Well he wasn't much of a kid, but he sure did act like one. I liked him though he had a quirky charm too him that made him seem cuddly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys.
Thank you for subscribing and commenting.

However if the comments don't improve I'm going have to slow down on updates.
I don't really wanna do that either, but to have 35 subscribers and only recieving 2 comments maxium for each chapter is a bit annoying.

So please leave a little comment.
Thanks for reading!

-Mimi