Status: Comment&Subscribe! Active!

"Hello," I Lied.

Chapter Twelve.

Nate

I'm a bit disappointed to find out that Jack is still in love with his ex, but at the same time, I had to think to myself, 'Why do I want him to be single?' The answer is obvious, I just refuse to acknowledge it.

Jack curls up next to me, complaining of being cold. Ryan sends me a glance with raised eyebrows, and motions with his hands, something I don't understand. He shakes his head, giving up, before going on about his life.

When the door rings, Ryan gets up to answer it. This is my chance to find out what happened to Jack's face. "Hey Jack?" He looks up, and nods for me to continue. I have to kick myself mentally to stop staring into his eyes.

"What happened?" I ask softly, brushing my hand over his cheek. He pushes his face into my thigh, making me nervous. Wow, I need to stop thinking these thoughts, alright?

"W-well me and my father got into a fight," He whispers. Anger courses through my veins. I want to snap his father's neck. "I was mad he attacked you the other day and I attacked, no I mean I snapped at him."

I can't help but run my fingers through his hair. It looks like that softest thing in the world. "Hey, why did he attack me anyway?" I wonder out loud, knowing that his father was probably homophobic, but not wanting to accuse anyone.

He looks unsure of what to say, when a high pitched voice pierces the air. A tall blond girl with a brown and black purse stands over us in a second. Jack sits up quickly, still pushed up against me, however.

The girl, whose name turns out to be Sherry, points at her stomach and yells at Jack about 'needing to take care of it'. I notice that her slight bump means she's pregnant. Jack stands up and leads her out of the room, leaving Ryan grinning, and me? Well, I'm just confused.

"Uh..Jack got someone pregnant? Isn't.." I trail off, letting Ryan finish.

"Isn't he gay? Yup, he's more gay than a ten pound bag of skittles." I giggle, not able to help it.

"So..did he?" Ryan shrugs, telling me he's not sure. "Well..this is awkward. What now?" He opens his mouth to say something when the two come back into the room, arguing. The girl, Sherry, pushes Ryan out of the way to get to the door, and he topples over into me.

He lands on top of my chest, and it's one of those moments you read about. You know, the whole, 'then they kissed and fell in love thing?' Except I don't like Ryan, at all. But he seems to think otherwise.

Looking down at me, his lips meet mine in an awkward way. His tongue slips out and licks my bottom lip, before I push my hand up over his chest, heaving him off of me. "Ryan!" I yell, shocked, wiping my mouth. I look behind me to notice that I wasn't the only one who yelled that. Jamie stands at the door, face white.

"Ryan, I can't believe you! And you! Nate! What the fuck do you think you're doing?" He walks up to me in strong strides and raises his hand to punch me, but he's stopped by Jack, who grabs his arm.

"Stop it!" Ryan glares at everyone for a second before walking out the door, slamming it behind him. I look around, at Jack, who looks mad and confused at the same time, to Ryan, who looks sorry.

"R-Ryan, what the fuck?" I finally say, turning around to leave. He grabs my arm, twirling me around.

"I'm sorry, I just..I've always wanted to. I just.. didn't know if you were gay, but then you and Jack were..well..cuddling, so I thought..I'd try.."

I stare at him. "And so you cheated on your boyfriend?" He looks down, ashamed. I feel bad, so I wrap him into a soft hug. "Ryan, I'm sorry, but I just..I don't like you that way. The only person I like is J-" I trail off, not wanting to say anything.

He looks up, sniffling now. "Who?"

"No one. I've got to go." We untangle our arms and say goodbye. I look at Jack, whose eyes won't meet mine. I want to apologize, but it's not like we're dating. It's not like I've done anything wrong, either. Sherry starts talking again, but I'm not paying attention. Grabbing my coat, I let myself out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I personally have to say [jjjjeanlovesyou!] that I'm not very pleased with this chapter.
So you guys should all go to Naked_Zombies profile and send her love :)
She writes Jack's chapters, and I feel like she's not getting enough lovin'. :D

As always, comment & subscribe to keep the updates coming! :D