Status: Comment&Subscribe! Active!

"Hello," I Lied.

Chapter Sixteen.

Nate

Pulling my arms around myself in a loose hug, I walk to the bus station, waiting for the next one to get here. While sitting on the bench out front, a lady with a bright red leather skirt sits down next to me, adjusting her flashy outfit.

Glancing over at me, she smiles. Her lipstick is on her 'too white' teeth. "Hey honey, are you looking for a good time tonight?" I shake my head, not voicing my opinion. "That's a shame. Good looking, you are." Her speech makes me think of Yoda, but I hold back a giggle.

"So sweetie, why are you out here tonight?" I shrug. "You know, being a prostitute isn't contagious." She says bitterly. Instantly I feel bad.

"I'm sorry, I didn't..I don't.." She smiles at me again, making me want to run.

"It's okay. I know. So, what are you out here for?"

"Oh..it's complicated. I'm just going home." She nods, and we wait in silence for another two minutes.

"Well, it looks like we've got time for a story, why don't you tell me what's on your mind?" I hesitate, but then, you know, it's like, 'Why not?' So I tell her all about Jack, and Ryan, and even Jamie. She clucks sympathetically.

"Ah, the drama of a gay man. Well, isn't it obvious?" I look at her, confused. "You're in love with that one boy, the one you keep bumping into. Jack."

I shrug. "Maybe, maybe not. I don't love him, though. That's insane." She sighs.

"The heart wants what the heart wants. You can't beat that," She looks at me, grinning. "I don't remember catching your name. Mine's Suzy."

"Oh, I'm Nate." I can't help but laugh. "I never thought-" Oh shit. That might be offensive. She laughs, too.

"What?"

"Uh..I just..I never thought I'd befriend a hooker at a bus station." I wait for the claws to come out, but she just smiles widely.

"Yeah, it's pretty weird to think that we're people, too, isn't it." The smile still there, but she looks like she's a million years old, all of a sudden.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I-" A loud booming voice cuts me off.

"Hey, Suzy, get your ass back here. No talking with the customers. What the fuck do you think you're doing?" She jumps up when the large bald man walks briskly over to the bench.

"I-I'm sorry, I was just resting for a minute." The man glares at me, then smiles.

"Hey, son. I know of several people who would love to fuck you for the night. Wanna join our club?" I shake my head violently, standing and preparing to walk home, instead of waiting for the bus that will never come.

"Lot's of money, you know." I start to walk away. "Thousand dollars a night." That stops me. A thousand for one night?

"Ahh, I see I've found you weak spot. Yeah, lots of money. Under the table, no taxes, no one finds out. It's just sex." I stop to think for a second. It is just..sex. And that much money..my dad wouldn't have to worry ever again. Kyle could go to college.

"I..uh..I don't know.." The man smiles like a cheshire cat, pulling an arm around my shoulders, and Suzy looks worried.

"Tommy, leave him alone. He's just a boy." The man glares at her.

"Shut it. He's old enough to make his own decisions, make money on his own. How about it, kid?"

I look at my feet, feeling dread and anticipation at the thought of making money for sexual favors. Why not?
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my favorite chapter, I had to post it :3
We love you guys! Don't forget to comment :D