Status: Comment&Subscribe! Active!

"Hello," I Lied.

Chapter Nineteen.

Jack

I can hear my name being yelled from a distance, well at first it sounds far away but after a few seconds I realize it's much closer. I can't help but groan as I feel my chest move trying to breathe. Opening my eyes I try to adjust the situation, blood, glass, concrete, crackling fire from car parts, lots of pain, screaming, and whimpering.

I move my head, trying to figure out where exactly I am. The first thing I really notice is Nate, a few inches next to me, calling my name. I try to sit up my, vision blurring from the pain. "Ow FUCK!" I cry out, finding my arm in an awkward position. Pushing myself up with one arm and using my legs to push myself towards Nate, I tell him, "Hold on babe." The pain is less with the amount of alcohol in my system, but I can still feel the glass cutting into my skin, crushing under my weight.

Collapsing next to him I try to talk but I find that I'm too out of breath. "N-Nate?" I asked my head spinning.

"Jack?" His groan comes out and he tries to turn but I see that he has metal from the car on top of him. I try to push myself to pull it off, but I think I only cut him a little in doing so. I let out a rush of air from my mouth and once my body is consumed with exhaustion. Laying down gently, I look over at Nate, his eyes half open as if in a drugged state. "Nate?" I ask once more before everything goes groggy, flashes of red and white lights drifting into my conscienceness.

Sometime Later.

I wake up to the smell of anti-septic and bright lights, making my already throbbing head pound. Finally opening my droopy eyes, I see that I'm in a hospital bed and there's soft beeping next to me. I try to remember what happened and it slowly comes back to me bit by bit.

Nate, me, Chrishawn, drugs, alcohol, straddling Nate. I smile for only a split second as that thought runs through my mind, but more memories come rushing in. Car crashing, me and Nate flying. I can't keep my eyes open any longer before I fall back asleep.

Waking up again as they wheel me around, yelling and screaming orders around me. All the voices make me dizzy and I fade out again and into another hospital room.

"Okay sir I'll let you seem him, but be careful." I hear from the doorway and the plastic opening creaks on it's entrance. Stupid curtains, not opening to let me see whose at the door. "We're sure of his mental condition."

I scoff at that and stare blankly at the doctor who opens the curtain. "Oh my, you're awake!" He exclaims and calls for a nurse, who checks my vital signs. I try to look past her and regret it. There stands my father with a teary Ashleigh behind him.

I don't want to see them, I need to know how Nate is, NOW. "Jackal?" My father says. asking my name like a question, a million words filling that one, like 'are you okay?' and 'what happened?' Coming up to my bed, I ignore him and looked towards the burly doctor.

"Where's Nate?" I ask impatiently as he looks down on me.

"Who?" he asks, clearly confused.

"Nate, one of the men in the car!" I snap, my impatience showing. He looks away, his eyes showing sadness, which makes my stomach turn. "WHERE IS HE!?" I scream, making everyone in the room jump.

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to calm down." I try to do as he asks, gripping the bed railings so hard my knuckles turn white. "Mr. Hellwig, the driver of the car died on impact." My eyes go wide. I can't believe Chrishawn is dead, but I desperately urge the doctor to go on.

"The other passenger is alive, but," He looks at my father, who I had forgot entered the room.

"But what?" I ask, my voice cracking. My throat hurts and my eyes are watering, and I just now notice my arm encased in a cast.

"He received some head damage, causing to have a minor case of short term memory loss. We don't know how long it will last, if it will ever get better, or the severity yet. He knows his name, and roughly his age. His family also told us your name but doesn't know who you are."

I groan and let my head fall back. I also start crying, something I haven't done in awhile. Not only is Chrishawn dead but Nate is gone, too. Well, at least the part that knew me is, anyways.

After awhile I'm calm again (or at least as calm as I can be) and my dad reenters the room, sitting next to me in a chair by the hospital bed. Looking up at him with a glare, he sighs.
"Son I just wanted to sa-"

"Shut UP!" I yell at him, not wanting to hear him. "What are you going to say? Huh? T-That you're sorry for punching me out and throwing me out because I'm gay? Attacking Nate and saying all those things? Saying sorry just because I almost DIED. It took that to see what you did!?" I finish my rant, panting for breath.

"I know, I know I have no right to be forgiven." He glances up at me and I have to take another deep breath, feeling a sharp sting. My ribs must have broken, too. "But I am going to try and accept you for my son. I know I'm stupid and should realize you're right. It's just that I've always thought people like, well..like you are wrong and don't deserve to be treated like humans. I..I guess I've never really thought about it."

I know he's right. It's how he was raised. To be taught that homosexuality is wrong. "Okay..father. I guess I can try. It may take me a little while to forgive you, though, if I ever do," I stop and sigh. "But you have to do one thing for me." I tell him, cutting through the silence that settles before us.

"What is it?" he asks, unsure, but I can tell he still wants to help. I look him in the eyes. "I want to see Nate." I say sternly, to which he nods.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot! 69 subscribers! :D
I just thought that's funny. I was going to plan a sex scene for the chapter, but I forgot.
Besides, it's Hannah's chap :3

Which I love :D
Okay, subscribe and comment, guys! We're almost at 100 comments *CRY*
Thank you so much..sniff..I love you guys..we both do..