Status: Comment&Subscribe! Active!

"Hello," I Lied.

Chapter Two.

Nate

"Hey idiot, get out of my bed!" I groan and look up at my twin brother, wishing him away.

"Nooo..it's too warm now. I can't sleep in my bed, the covers are cold!" The evil being my parents produced rips away the blanket and glares at me. Blinking, I looked up, confused. "Hey, what's wrong?"

He sighs and sits down. "I don't know, some guy today just kind of screwed up my day. What a jackass." I raise an eyebrow, stretching my hands above my head.

"What did he do that's so bad?" He grumbles an answer, but I don't hear it. "What?" But he continues picking at the hem of his shirt, saying nothing. At first glance, you would think that we're exact clones of each other. Shaggy blond hair, skinny, pale lips, and about 5'10. But under close scrutiny, there are small differences that make us completely different.

I on one hand, have a lip ring and freckles that refused to fade. My eyes are a brilliant green, sparkling in the dim sunlight coming through the blinds. My brother, however, has almost nothing unique about him. He was born with our mother's eyes, dull brown. He was, however, a strong support system for me ever since we were little. I love him dearly.

Finally I roll over and push my brother back off of his own bed. Giggling, I pulls the covers back up, only to be jumped on again. "Oooph. Gerroffme!" My twin pulls the covers back again and I jump out in a huff. "Jerk." I say, sticking my tongue out.

Running out of our shared room, I decide to see what our dad is up to. Walking to the study, I push open the double glass doors and spot my father, fast asleep at his desk. With a nudge, I wakes him. "Wha..Oh, oh, Nate. I was just, uhm.." His face reddens as he wipes drool off his cheek.

"Yeah, you were just, I know." I smile at my dad, who has dark circles under his eyes. I also spot more gray near the older man's temple. Sitting down in a chair, I pull my legs in and rest my head on my knees. "Are you okay, Dad? You've been working really hard."

Dad just sighs and slurps the last of the coffee in his mug, which had probably gone cold now, judging by the look on his face. "I'm fine, Nate. Where's your brother?"

"In his room. As usual." I wait a second before continuing, "You know, Dad, if we're really that behind, I offered to get a job, you know it wouldn't be a pro-" My father cuts me off.

"No, Nate. We can't risk it! No one can dig into our background like an employer, they have to know everything. So just let me work, okay? Do you think you can do that, huh? For one fucking second?" I can tell he regrets it the moment it pops out of his mouth, and he tries to apologize.

"It's okay, Dad, I know. It's hard. I just..I just wanted to help.." Getting up, I'm about to leave when my father calls my name. "Nate, I'm sorry. Really. Can you do me a favor and get Kyle, I need to talk to him." I nod and leave the room to get my twin brother.
♠ ♠ ♠
Written by jjjjeanlovesyou! [who is too lazy to post a link]. I know, I'm horrible. I actually post the next chapter and it's short as hell. BTW, to Clowers: I edited this chapter after realizing Naked_Zombies was never going to do it herself. xD
I still love her dearly. :D