Status: Comment&Subscribe! Active!

"Hello," I Lied.

Chapter Twenty.

Nate

Pain is really the first thing I feel when my eyes inch open. Voices come from my right. "Dad?" I ask, recognizing the small man in front of me. He smiles and puts a hand on my shoulder. "Where am I?"

"Son, you're in the hospital. You were in a car accident. Do you remember what happened?" I shake my head, but the pain increases. A doctor moves into the room, reading over charts on his clipboard.

"Ahh, you're finally awake. Good, we hoped you wouldn't be unconscious too long. I have a few questions." I stare at the older looking man. His white mustache makes me want to scratch my own face.

"Uhm..Okay..I guess that's fine, then." He pulls a chair over next to my bed, pulling out a penlight.

Shining the light in my eyes, he asks me weird questions. "What's your full name? Where do you live? Who is your family? Your friends? Whose the president?" I answer them all, but dad stops me.

"Nate, what about Jack? He was in the accident with you...weren't you friends?" I look at my dad. Has he gone insane?

"Uh..who? I don't know anyone named Jack. Was he the driver? Maybe he was a friend of a friend." They shake their heads in unison.

"No, son. The driver died instantly. Jack. From dinner. You..his father attacked you. Don't you remember?" Getting irritated, I sit up, swinging my legs over the edge of the bed.

"What are you talking about? This is stupid. Where's Kyle?" They share concerned glances and the doctor gently grips my arm.

"Nate..you should lay down. We have to run some more tests, but hopefully you'll be in tip top shape in no time, okay?" I'm about to protest, but a blinding pain in the back of my head makes me drop to my knees, grimacing.

"Is he okay? What's happening?" Dad asks, worriedly. The doctor leans down.

"Nate. You need to lay down. The pain will only get worse if you move too much." I don't speak, or rather, I can't. Standing up slowly, they guide me into bed and I slide into the covers, gulping away the nauseous feeling in my stomach.

The doctor leaves quickly and dad pats my leg. "Are you gonna be okay here for a few? I've got to go get Kyle..he went to a friend's house. He doesn't know yet." I smile weakly at him and tell him to go ahead.

Slowly standing up again, I make my way to the sink, looking into the mirror. I have a giant bruise on my left cheek, and there are bandages all around the back of my neck. Smoothing my hair down, I whisper to myself, "Who the hell is Jack?"

A knock on the door frame startles me and I jump back. A guy who looks to be about my age is standing in the doorway with the same light green gown as me. His arm is in a cast and his black hair is covering his eyes. "Nate?"

I shiver for no reason and lean against the sink. "Who are you?" A look of hurt crosses his face, but I don't know why.

"Well..they told me you didn't know who I am..but I was hoping, somehow..it wasn't true." As he said the last sentence, the furious pain from my head starts up again, forcing me to collapse against the wall, sliding down onto the floor.

The boy rushes over to me, grabbing my hand. "Are you okay?" Tears spring into my eyes from the rush of pain.

"I-I don't know..please..get a doctor.." The pressure from his hand leaves mine and I open my eyes a second later to a doctor looking closely into my face. Another wave of pain washes over me, and I slip into unconsciousness.
♠ ♠ ♠
TEN STARS :D
Over 300 readers, 75 subscribers, and 102 comments :)
So..happy.. :D

Don't worry, things will get better with this story, we've seen that it's really getting sad, so we'll cheer you up a bit, okay? :3