Status: Comment&Subscribe! Active!

"Hello," I Lied.

Chapter Twentythree.

Jack

Oh god, oh my good fucking god! That's all I can really think after sliding to the floor by the door of his room. I had kissed him, his brother and father had seen, and he was remembering. This was all good?

Right?

I mean, he didn't freak out when I kissed him. This thought makes my stomach drop.
I decide to get up and make my way back to my room, but stop at the vending machines.

There stands Kyle, staring at the electric box, looking like he's deep in thought. I sigh and walk over to him while messing with the sling on my arm. I'm really nervous but I have some questions I need to ask him.

"Uhm, Kyle?" I ask quietly, but loud enough for him to jump and turn towards me.

"Yeah, what do you want?" he asks me. I can't tell if he's angry at me or what. But I would be angry at myself to if I had put Nate in this situation. Hell, I am mad but that's not the point.

"I'm sorry that I did this to Nate and that you had to see...uh, that." I say quickly, referring to when he walked in on me and Nate. Kyle visibly flinches. "But I'm curious who Suzy is. I mean, I just want to help Nate remember." Kyle's face turns a bright shade of red.

"Well...the only Suzy I really know is...well, that fits that description," He glares at me, clearly
embarrassed, making me even more confused "First, promise you won't tell anyone." I nod my head, eager to know.

"Okay. To put it bluntly, Suzy is a prostitute." Oh fuck. That matches up with what I suspected.

"Okay Kyle, I have something major to discuss with you, but not out here." He looks at me and gulps, I probably look scary when I'm actually serious. "Will you trust me for a few moments. Please?" I ask him, putting my hands together.

"Okay, only for my brother." He responds and I sigh, okay, now for the next part.

"We can't talk out here." I say, rubbing my eyes.

"What, why no-"

"We just can't. Come on." I growl, pulling him into the door next to us, leaving us in the stairway entrance. "Okay, please don't hate me but it's a theory I have." I explain and he nodded giving me permission to continue.

"Okay...well, the night we got into the car accident you all know I was with my friend Chrishawn," I sigh sadly at the sound of his name "and he chose to get me a hooker to fulfill my needs." I try to not make it sound dirty.

"But when we pulled up to the curb, I saw Nate was there along with a big man, he was working as a prostitute, Kyle. I mean Chrishawn p-paid for him and everything and now he keeps talking about Suzy who you said was a hooker!" I practically yell the rest at him, so I have to take deep breathes to calm down, but my sides painfully contract.

"W-what?" He asks, clearly confused. It takes a couple of seconds to comprehend what I'm telling him. I look down as he understands. "You can't be serious!" He yelps, shaking my shoulders with force.

"I-It's the only thing I can come up with, and I know you're not particularly fond of me," At this he scoffs. "Okay, well, whatever you think about me. I'm worried about him, Kyle. I just don't want anything bad to happen." I plead.

"Okay, just...please, watch what you do with his mind, and I'll try and help find out what's going on." He rumbles, the glare he sends me sending shiver down my spine.

"O-Okay." I mumble as he walks back out into the hallway, probably back into Nate's room. I can't fight back with Kyle. I feel horrible for him and maybe it's because he looks so much like Nate that I couldn't yell at him for pushing me. I crawled into bed, groaning as my muscles relaxed.

I didn't stay asleep for long, considering the knock at my door. I groan again and somehow manage the words, "Come in." My face still in the pillow. I don't feel like getting up.

"Jack?" A voice whispers, causing me to bolt up. Gotta give me props, any 'bolting' done on my part is hard to do in my condition.

"Uhm Nate? Are you sure you can be here?" I ask, worried about the doctors.

"Nope, I'm not, but whatever." He smiles wide as I laugh. I sit up and pat the spot next to me, motioning for him to sit down. Nate sits crossed legged next to me as I sigh, letting the air rush through my chest.

"I'm sorry if I'm bothering you I'm just..I'm just bored." He says quietly, making me smile.

"Well, I'm glad you came to me to cure your boredom!" I exclaim, entwining my hand with hism making him jump but he doesn't let go. "Well what did you want to ask me?"

He looked at me like I'm insane. "W-What do you m-mean?" he asks, blushing furiously.

"Come on, I know you didn't come here JUST to hang out." I tell him, my smile faltering a bit. He heaves a sigh and looks at me. Bingo. I'm right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Huh. Comments make us squeal with happiness.
Long comments, especially.
We're just saying ;D