Status: Comment&Subscribe! Active!

"Hello," I Lied.

Chapter Twentyseven.

Jack

Sleeping with a broken arm sucks. I thought I would sleep quiet well at home but I was wrong, the beds at the hospital was made to accommodate injuries. Mine, well, wasn't. And it doesn't help that Ashleigh came in at seven-thirty to tell me to get ready. Yeah, I promised her that I would spend a day with her.

She's been severely nice to me, but I guess almost losing your brother would do that to you. The morning was quite disastrous since it was the first time dressing without a nurses help. Oh yeah, my hair, that was fun. I ended up having to ask Ash to style it for me and surprise! It doesn't look too bad.

So here I am sitting at the counter a coffee cup in hand waiting for Ashleigh to get finished with whatever she's doing. The plan's to go shopping, grab some food, pick up her newly acquired boyfriend, and after intimidating him, we go to pick up her other friends.

Yeah, something like that. I'm mostly afraid because she has those friends who, well, they're only best in their own eyes. "Okay! Jackal I'm ready!" Ashleigh yells even though she's standing in front of me. I sigh and stand up, grabbing my keys. I'm going to be driving with a broken arm. Will I be able to do it? Oh well, I'll figure out one way or another.

Ashleigh had already settled in the car by the time I slide in and start the engine. Ash turns up the music and started dancing in her seat. "Okay so where do you want to head first?" I ask her and she just points forward (In the wrong direction I might add) and exclaims over the music that we should head to the mall.

"I just want to pick up a new bag before we go and pick Dustin!" I roll my eyes, well...she can get a new bag. I need new books. Yeah, I read, strange right? But it helps me get through boredom, especially since I'm not going to be able to do much lately. Walking in the bookstore I get some stares. I'm not sure if it's for my odd looks or my arm, but I'm leaning towards the guess that it's both reasons.

I reach the sci-fi section and pull out a book I looked at before but was too embarrassed to buy. I don't know why but that was. So after purchasing that and a new manga, I head out to where I left Ashleigh and it turns out, she bought more than just a bag. She giggles at the face I make as we make our way back to the food court letting her pick out some food. My appetite's not the best at the moment.

"Jack?" Ashleigh asks quietly after we sat down to eat.

"Yeah Ash?" I respond, breaking out of my trance that I had been in, staring at the train they had set up for the small children.

"What do you think..uhm..a-about," She starts stuttering and her face turns red, which just causes me to quirk an eyebrow at her, waiting for her to finish. "What do you think about teenage pregnancy?"

Now I'm glad I didn't have any food because I would have choked on it. "WHAT. Who..uh, what.." She stares at me in confusion as I stumbled for words "Just umm, whose the father?" I asked and she looked at me sadly. "Is it Dustins?" she slowly nods, causing me to slump in my seat.

"I-I'm sorry Jack, I mean... we've been dating for a long time, I just didn't tell anyone until n-now!" She has tears in her eyes.

I sigh and walk over to her. "Shh, it's okay Ash." I whisper, trying my best to comfort her. This is going to be difficult for her, no matter which option she chooses. "Does he know?" I ask, unsure, and she nods her head in response. Okay, so Dustin knows. "Okay let's get to the car, alright?"

She looks up at me, nodding weakly. We only get a few glances as we walk out, considering I'm holding all of her bags and she's gripping onto my shirt, hiding her tear stained face. The ride's silent, with her in the back seat, and I could tell she's nervous. She had just told her temper problem brother that the kid he's about to pick up got his little sister pregnant.

The only words spoken until we arrived at his house was to tell me exactly where he lived at. Upon arriving I spot a small boy sitting outside, staring at my car with wide eyes. I think he's unsure of whose it was until Ash rolls down the window to call to him. He instantly relaxes as he walks over. He's small but I can tell he's taller than Ashleigh. He has straight brown hair, covering most of his face, mostly letting you see only his smile.

He laughs, gripping Ashleigh in a hug once he got into the car, kissing her. "Soo," he starts to say as I pull away from the curb, making my way down the street. "Is this your family's chauffeur?"

There went my fucking nerve, at the same time I happened hit my foot on the break. I turn around and glared at him as Ashleigh began to stutter. "I'm Ashleigh's AMAZING brother you dumb ass." I hiss out and Ashleigh whispered to him. I'm guessing she said that I knew about their secret, making his already shocked face twist into terror. I'm proud of myself for not murdering him- yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter makes everyone wait in suspense about Nate's situation. Hehe.
It's weird because Hannah and I have already written into chapter 33, and a lot has happened.

Dedicated to CLOWERS!
Because she's super awesome.

Seriously, guys, check out her stories.
I'm too damn lazy to put a link up. Check out my comments.
She's there. DOOOOOOO IT!
If you don't, you don't deserve to read slash.
No, really.

Damn, I'm tired.

END AUTHOR NOTE!