Status: Comment&Subscribe! Active!

"Hello," I Lied.

Chapter Twentyeight.

Nate

The next half hour is complete panic and chaos. I try to ask dad what happened, how they found us, but he's too preoccupied with signing me out of the hospital. After about an hour, Dad enters the room, throwing me fresh clothes from the house that he had sitting in his car. After I get dressed, I find Ryan sitting in my bed crying. I'd forgotten him.

"Ry? Are you alright?" He sniffs, looking away. I sit down next to him on the bed, the sunlight hitting my back warm.

"It's..just..first I thought we had something, a chance. I..I love you so much, Nate..And now you're leaving, I don't know what's going to happen..Nate.." He grabs onto the front of my shirt, clenching his fist around the fabric while pushing me against the bed, smothering his mouth over mine.

He kissed me with a furious passion, putting all his being into it. I gently pushed him off me, waiting for him to stop. "Ryan. I..I don't love you like that. You're my best friend..I.." He lets out a sigh, standing up.

"I understand, Nate. I just...I'm so in love with you, it hurts. And you can't love me back. I..I hope everything goes alright. I hope Jack appreciates the fact that you love him so much." I open my mouth the tell him that I don't love him yet, but he storms out of the room, leaving a flabbergasted nurse to check my vital signs before declaring me free to leave.

As dad and I walk outside in a hurry, he calls the chief of police. Yeah, Jack's dad, as I've been told. I'm also under the impression that he hates my guts and tried to kill me two weeks ago. Yeahhhh, I'm so trusting this guy with my life.

Buckling into the car, I look out the window in time to see a gun pointing straight at my head. With a shriek, I slam my head into my lap as dad starts the car, still on the phone with Chief Hellwig. The bullet shatters the back window, and I scream. The tires screech as we pull out onto the road, speeding home.

"Are you alright, Nate? I didn't..I didn't think they'd find us so fast. I thought it would take awhile..I didn't..I didn't think they'd try anything so fast and right outside of a hospital. Oh, god. Kyle!"

Both our hearts stop at the sight of our house. There's garbage strewn across the lawn and the front door is wide open. I know it's not the smartest thing to do, I mean, really, but I threw open the car door before we even stopped and ran towards the house. Dad called my name but I ignored him and proceeded to run into the house.

"Kyle? Kyle! Where-" I stop looking around when I notice that the only door not open is the study. The rest of the house is a mess, beer cans everywhere and broken furniture. Inching towards it slowly, I notice dad behind me, shaking his head.

"Nate, get back here. Do not open that door. Chief Hellwig will be here soon, don't open that door." I once again ignore his whispers, which become more urgent as my hand rests on the handle. Turning the knob, I throw open the door before I can change my mind.

What I find is certainly not what I expect, and I don't think I'll ever be the same again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooooh, what happened? ;D

Comments?