Status: Comment&Subscribe! Active!

"Hello," I Lied.

Chapter Three.

Jack

Okay, this is unfair. I had just laid down to watch some stupid show on the couch, closing my eyes; my mind swirling into a slumber when my cell phone rings. My father's voice blasts through the the phone into my ear, causing me to wince. Ashleigh had gotten into a fight with her teachers and he wants me to pick her up. "Sure dad anything!" I respond, but curse him afterwords.

Now I'm standing in front of a high school with eyes staring down at me as I park and
walk into the school towards the office. I 'm not stopped by any security guards on my way in. I guess I look like a teenager enough. Man I'm twenty, unfair. I stop at the wooden door, labeled so clearly with a sign next to it on the wall.

"Hello?" he ask wearily, opening the office door. I spot an elderly woman at the desk and a
student working the phone. The women, looking kind enough, motions me in. I smile, walking in front of the desk, looking down. "Umm I'm supposed to pick up my-well my sister got in trouble and I have to pick her up?" I say, surprised I got it out that quickly. I'll probably never grow out of that habit.

"She should be in the next room." she tells me softly while I nod politely. I can hear Ashleigh's voice before I even turn the corner. She's complaining to a poor boy in front of her. He looks like a nerd.

"Come on," I start out and she jumps, looking up at me "This place makes me sick." I growl. It's true. It makes me feel nauseous. Ashleigh grumbles and stands, following me outside to the car.

"We should go somewhere!" she says, happy to get out of school. In truth I agree with her, and I know that as soon as we would get wherever we were going she would split, leaving me alone and roaming around hopelessly.

I start up the car and drive out of the parking lot, the music on a subtle level. "Where are we going?" I ask, curious, which in turn causes her to look at me like I'm stupid. Where else would a teenager want to go with an abundant source of money? A rest stop. Yes, a rest stop. I mean, where else can you find all the little stuff there that make no sense?

"A rest stop? Really? I was thinking the mall." She states and I sigh as I jump out of the car. I can hear her complaining behind me, but I walk off, grabbing items like energy drinks, chips, and candy. I stop in front of the magazines, looking up to seen none other than that jackass from the mall.

He looks up to see me glaring at him and he freezes. He looks different, but it was him, I was sure. "You gonna run again you freak?" I ask, walking up to him and turning towards the magazines, pretending I'm looking for something. I actually have no clue what I'm doing. I just glare at him from the side.

"W-what? I'm not sure I know what you're talking-" I cut him off, my anger showing. I have a bad temper and I know I act stupid, but I can't help it and had to get it out or else I would do something even worse than yelling at this boy.

"You need to learn how to straighten up and at least act right." I finally decide to say. I gulp
and continue, "You're such a stupid homopho-" this time he cuts me off.

"I'm not sure you have the right person."

"How do I not have the right person?" I ask, looking at him, wondering if he's completely insane. "Wait..didn't..weren't your eyes brown?" I ask, now embarrassed and confused. I know it was him, but he looks so different.

Kyle had brown eyes and no piercings on his face. I bite my lip and grip the can of energy drink in my hand tighter, the awkward silence growing. I want to say something, but my sister bounds up, going off with insults to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hannah wrote this part, but I edited it for her. I'm on a roll, and wanted to post chapter four. Thank you for you precious time, we love you :D