Status: Comment&Subscribe! Active!

"Hello," I Lied.

Chapter Thirty.

Nate

"Kyle?" I ask, my voice cracking. Dad rushes in beside me, a look of pure terror on his face. It turns to anger as he observes the scene before us. Kyle, half naked, passed out with about twenty other people. And from the smell of smoke wafting through the room, you can tell what happened.

Kyle stirs from his intoxicated slumber. "Ehhh..my head.." He turns over and observes the damage of the party. His eyes land on us-mostly dad- and his face turns sheet white. "D-Dad, uh, what..are you guys doing home so e-early?"

Dad strides over to my twin, whose picking himself up off the floor, nervously holding the shirt he'd most likely taken off last night for some odd reason. Kyle starts to stutter an apology when dad winds back his fist and slams it into his son's jaw. Kyle flies to the floor, yelping from the pain, causing several people to wake up.

Dad bellows, "Get out of here, the cops are already on their way." It's like magic. Every single person grabs their clothes, bongs, and cell phones, heading out the door before he has a chance to glare at any of them personally. Once they're all gone, Kyle stands back up, gingerly holding his jaw.

"D-Dad, I'm so so-" He cuts Kyle off with a hard hug, pretty much crushing him. Kyle stands, shocked even more so when Dad starts sobbing into his shoulder.

"I..I thought..oh god.." I understand and walk over to them, forming a kind of group hug. A knock at the door interrupts our 'love fest', and suddenly I'm from one hug into another. I look at whose gripping me, and find Jack, holding onto me as for dear life.

"Wha.." I look at Chief Hellwig, who had obviously taken in the surroundings before allowing his son to enter the building.

"Nate..Nate..why didn't you tell me? Are you alright? Nate.." He pulls his arms around my neck, pushing his lips to mine in a passionate kiss. My heart goes into hyper drive as a warm spark flushes through my body, leaving me feeling even more weak than before.

We end the kiss and look up to find everyone looking at us, mixed reactions. Kyle seems annoyed, but not as aggressive as Jack's dad looks. He's obviously trying to control a tic in his temple, but he's barely succeeding, so I pull away a little from Jack as to not irritate him any more. Dad looks proud for some reason.

Chief Hellwig turns towards dad, keeping his temper in check. "Are you alright? We need to get you and your family out of here and into a safe house as soon as possible." Tears spring into my eyes at the thought of leaving my newly acquired..what? Boyfriend?

Kyle steps forward, pulling on his own shirt. "What the hell do you mean?" Dad pulls him to the side, telling him what happened. Kyle looks furious, but sheepish at the same time. Is that even possible? "I'm sorry for making you worry so much..I didn't know.."

Jack's hand finds mine, sending that warm feeling pushing through my veins again. "What now, dad?" He asks the chief. A loud scream of car tires make us all jump. Loud voices erupt from the front door.

"Is that...could that be the people from the party, Kyle?" I have to ask. He shakes his head as Chief Hellwig pulls out a handgun, along with a mini radio walky talky thing. He whispers some code words and asks for backup. This is like something from a movie. Grabbing Jack's hand tighter, we stare at each other as if to say, "What do we do?"

Dad comes to attention first. "Guys," He whispers, "Out the window, let's go-" A shatter of glass makes us all jump again as something rolls in the room, emitting smoke. The similar tinkling of glass around the house as all the windows are broken. How many people are there?

"Oh my god, what is that?" Kyle asks, seeming thoroughly terrified. We all look at each other, shock in everyone's eyes. Chief Hellwig trains the gun at the door.

"Get down and cover your mouth with your clothing. If I tell you to run, hide, shut up, attack, you do what I say, no questions asked. Got it?" He asks, and we all nod, knowing that there's no room for discussion.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO not what you guys expected.

xD
Although I'm sure someone guessed, right?
Aren't you guys happy Kyle isn't dead?

So, I think we're gonna take this story in a different direction soon.
You'll see. Probably starting in the next five chapters or so, okay??

As always, COMMENT YOU HOES! :D